|2006-03-05, 20:45||Link #21|
Anime Heroin(es) addict
Join Date: Mar 2006
5. Alucard (Hellsing)
4. Soskue Sagara (Full Metal Panic!)
3. Dark (D.N. Angel)
2. Chrono (Chrono Crusade)
1. Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho)
5. Rosette Christopher (Chrono Crusade)
4. Misato Kasaragi (Neon Genesis)
3. Riku Harada (D.N. Angel)
2. Naru (Love Hina)
1. Kaname Chidori (Full Metal Panic!)
|2006-03-05, 23:18||Link #22|
Translator for Ayu
|2006-03-06, 02:33||Link #24|
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
I'm on Furudanuki's wavelength so often its scary....
Here are my top five gals - top five guys will be appearing later.
Almost in the pack: The girls of Azumanga Daioh (Group tie) - It's a cross between Psychology 301, Calvin&Hobbes, and a dash of nostalgia. They complement each other beautifully and would seem incomplete on their own.... though I'd have to choose Sakaki ... sweet, quiet, athletic, cool and voiced by the VA who voiced my still number one girl.
(5) Hagino Kana (Canvas 2) - Hagino... be she friend, sister, or whatever... what a riot.
(4) Hazuki (Tsukuyomi)/Becky(PPD) - ehhhhhhh, maybe its Chiwa I'm really fond of there... but that voice The relationship between Hazuki and Kouhei in many ways parallels the one between my wife and I ... she's about that size, I'm about his size, she's cute... I'm.. well, I'm scarier looking .... we yell, scream, and love each other dearly.
(3) Fate Testarossa (Nanoha/Nanoha A) - one of the more complex characters I've come across and is beautiful... going to be knock-em-dead when she's 16. Nothing like having 9 year old girls wielding enough power to destroy small planets hopping around the galaxy and dealing with life's personal issues.
(2) Nerine (Shuffle!) - yeah.. the ears and eyes are an immediate attraction... but here's a girl who dances her way through LaPlace transforms and physics, can level entire buildings, but is elegant and graceful (outside the kitchen anyway). Stuck in a bad storyline but one of the only girls to move on and explore the rest of life without pining over "the guy".
(1) Motoko Aoyama (Love Hina) - still the classic "dream girl" of mine, strong, independent, given some serious character growth in the series (even if the rest of it was a trainwreck in many respects).
Now the guys..... much tougher.... too many of them are such losers or one-dimensional....
(3) Morita (Honey&Clover) - what a nut..... go for the Ayu, man!
(2) Kouhei (Tsukuyomi Moon Phase) ... only wanted to punch him out a couple of times but very loyal, upfront guy.
(1) Rentarou (Futakoi Alternative) ... one of the few guys I went through an entire series watching and not wanting to punch him out. Beautiful.
Actually... the sparcity of the guy list may be enlightening on why over half of the women in Japan under 30 are childless and the marriage rate there is plummeting like a paralyzed falcon. Jeez, and with some of the cutest women on the planet (ymmv, imho, yadayada)
Last edited by Vexx; 2006-03-06 at 03:07.
|2006-03-07, 02:10||Link #25|
Join Date: Dec 2005
GIRLS (This is hard, seeing as there are extremely few anime girls I've actually ever liked, most of them coming from Bleach. However, in attempts to broaden my character selection from just one show...^_^)
5. ?--Not sure. Normally I'd put Shihouen Yoruichi on the countdown, but then it feels a bit Bleach topheavy. But kudos to Yoruichi-sama anyway.
4. Faye Valentine (Cowboy Bebop)--I'll admit that at first I didn't lik Faye. I was like, great, another slinkily seductive "bad" girl. But wow, was I wrong! She had a great backstory that revealed her as a lost, insecure girl yearning for the past she couldn't remember...she ended up being one of my favorite characters from the entire show, second only to Spike, of course.
3. Yamanaka Ino (Naruto)--Personally, I think that manga-ka Kishimoto fails at writing a realistically good female character, but he was going somewhere good with Ino (although she's been shoved to the side since her "fight" with Sakura...) Anyway, I like Ino because, unlike the other girls on the show, she can actually fight and has one freaking awesome jutsu I'd totally take advantage of outside of the battlefield. She's cheerful, sweet, encouraging, but not one of those annoying moe doormats that crop up waaay too often.
2. Matsumoto Rangiku (Bleach)--We haven't seen too much of Rangiku, but I really like her. At first she was just the girl with the titanic breasts, but she was fleshed out more and more, first as a loyal vice captain, then as a skilled fighter, and then as a best friend and sort of tragic lover to one of the main baddies. She's smart and encouraging without being a moe doormat or a character designed to make viewers scream "KAWAII!"
1. Kuchiki Rukia (Bleach)--This girl is badass. Not once have I disliked her or gotten annoyed with her, and I liked her so much that I didn't even care when she was powerless for the duration of the Soul Society arc. Rukia is a complex character--curious, strong, stubborn, determined, humorous--yet also insecure and shy in her own way. She cares deeply for those close to her but tries to disguise it, although her affection is blatantly obvious, especially for a certain orange-haired shinigami. ^_^ This girl knows how to fight and kickass.
GUYS (Contrary to my difficulty with choosing girls, it's hard to choose guys because there are so many I like and admire! Well, here goes...)
5. Spike Speigel (Cowboy Bebop)--Spike was awesome. There was something so normal and 3-D about his attitude and persona that made him very real to me; slacker but bounty hunter; relaxed but en guard; gentle but dangerous. A great character, he made this series unforgettable.
4. Rock Lee (Naruto)--Of all the characters in this ninja show, it was Lee that I fell for. First it was because he was so hidious; I screamed whenever he came on screen/page because of his rather...alternative character design. But then I realized that Lee was the character I most looked forward to seeing, and that he had the best personality. I don't get why so many people hate Lee because he's absolutely adorable on the inside, kind, selfless, encouraging, supportive, relentless, gentle, empathetic, uplifting, chivalrous, noble, and all those other qualities that make up the perfect husband. ^_^ And after a while I decided that his adorable inside made him adorable on the outside, and now he's one of the most beautiful characters ever.
3. Mugen (Samurai Champloo)--Truth be told, it's a tough call between Mugen and his counterpart, Jin, but in the end it's Mugen for the win by barely a fraction. Mugen is a man of extremes, a man who knows no boundaries, something that I find both very scary and very admirable at the same time. He's the character that never knew love and has a hatred in his heart eating away at him. But he has loyalty to his companions and actually does care for them, being affectionate in his own Mugen-esque way. Plus, being badass doesn't hurt.
2. Ichimaru Gin (Bleach)--Tied with Ichigo, Gin is my favorite character. He's very vague and almost mystical in the sense that we know pretty much nothing about him and his past, the only real solid knowledge being that he saved Rangiku when they were children and later became "evil" (although I don't think he really is...Gin just isn't a malicious person). His adult form and maturity mixed with his childish mentality make for an interesting combination. He's distant but close, good but evil, kind of that opposite-but-not-quite-neutral mix that I find really interesting.
1. Kurosaki Ichigo (Bleach)--Normally I'm not one for the shounen hero, but Ichigo is not typical. He's real, he's 3-D. He's brash, tough, stubborn, and determined on the outside, but introspection reveals him as an incredibly emotionally fragile individual, traumatized by the death of his mother and quick to take the guilt/blame for bad situations. He feels the need to prove himself, to be able to protect everyone and anyone, to be able to save his friends and keep them from harm. While he tries to come off as detached and nonchalent, Ichigo would do anything for his friends and family--just check out what he did for Rukia.
|2006-03-07, 04:04||Link #26|
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Wow what a tough fricken question as a could pick multiple characters from a single series but I really want to keep it limited to one per series.
What really makes this tough is that I like a lot of the supporting cast more then the main character or feel that each character is badass in his own light, but alas I only want to choose on character per show. I'll give honorable mentions though.
1. Gutz (Berserk) I'd be lying if I didn't say that the manga didn't have a part in my decision for Gutz being #1. What makes Gutz so badass is that he is the strongest human in the world and the story goes a long way in depicting that before the transition to the crazy nightmarish fantasy setting. He has no special powers (well except for his suit now), he doesn't shoot beams or anything, he just has his big ass sword and slays down any demon in his path to get back at Griffith.
2. Ippo/Takamura (Hajime No Ippo) I like Takamura more then Ippo because he's a badass and may just be the funniest character ever, but Ippo is a little more deserving being that he is the main character and is a badass for all that he overcame.
3. Luffy (One Piece) I could really pick any male from Op to be in this because I love them all and they all kick ass but Luffy is hilarous and another complete badass. Sure OP's fights may not be as cool as other shows but the adventures that Luffy brings you on are unforgetable.
4. Kenshin (Rurouni Kenshin) Pretty much the best Samurai/swordsman in all anime. (sorry Zoro!)
5. Maeno (Ping Pong Club) One of my personal favorites... Dick and fart jokes at their finest...
6. Onizuka (GTO) Rack another one up for GTO.
1. Excel (Excel Saga) This was by far my easiest choice of the whole list, Excel is pretty much the best anime character evar!
2. Major (Ghost in the Shell) What a beautiful and frightning woman she is! Well cyborg... but whatever she'll kick anyones ass in style!
3. Nami (One Piece) Oh my sweet Nami just another one of the outstanding characters in OP.
4. Haruko (FLCL) She is such an off the wall, hillarious character to watch. Plus I love her wardrobe.
5. Lina Inverse (Slayers) This is the second female lead character that I fell in love with. First would be my sixth choice. It was this character and show that really got me into anime. With Lina's slapstick antics, sweet moves and even her soft side it was really hard not to like this character and she spawned dozens of wannabe characters to come in the future even to this day.
6. Iria (Iria Zerium) This is probably one of the first animes I ever watched when they played it on the sci-fi channel on saturdays. She was full of courage, spunk, and revenge. She had to be too taking on the most powerful monster or whatever it was in the galaxy.
7. Mitsuki ( Kimi ga Nozomu Eien) I just loved this girl although many others didn't. Anyways I loved the reality that this show portrayed about relationships unlike other shows where after 100+ eps the guy still hasn't confessed his feelings for the girl or vice versa.
8. Nina/Anna (Monster) Great character with a lot of depth and conflict.
Edit I had to revise my lists because there really is a couple that I forgot that should be up there.
Last edited by Tommy; 2006-03-08 at 03:39.
|2006-03-14, 18:45||Link #27|
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Hiding... don't try to find me.
-Ukitsu (Ikkitousen). She's strong.
-Mai (Popotan). Her story with Konami made me like her for some reason.
-Asuka Sohryu Langley (Evangelion). She's pretty and it was fun seeing her mess with Shinji constantly.
-Yuki (Airmaster). She beat Maki.
-Haman Kahn (ZZ Gundam)
-Go (Shin Getter Robo). Cool and quiet. It's awesome when he just suddenly yells.
-Sakamoto Julietta (Airmaster)
-Judau Ashta (ZZ Gundam). Everything he did on the show (except for the cross-dressing part) was cool.
-Van (Gun X Sword)
I can't think of reasons why for everyone of them at the moment. Plus this needs to be 10 each instead of just 5...
|2006-03-19, 13:10||Link #28|
Ok well my Favorite Anime guys and girls huh?
Brandon Heat- When I first saw him I thought he was very cute but then learning his life history was a little sad. He's the kind of guy that is super shy. Rarely says a word. If you just looked at him you'd just see a guy. But if you really looked at him you'd see how much he loves those around him. You'd see what he feeling in his eyes and I love that about him. He trusts and Protects with all his heart and I thought that was something so great that I was overwhelmed by him...
Jin- Jin is shy also...But he's so fast and so dangerous that he could stirke at any time. He seems like a sad person in the start. He's been all alone most of his life. Yet traveling with 2 total different people from himself he starts to easy up and have a whole different take on life.
Vash- He's way hot when he's not acting Retarded...I've only seen 8 Ep so far yet love the show....I like how his eyes are so blue.....anyone I know pretty much nothing about him other then HE LOVES WOMEN...Other then that he's totally sweet...
Itsuki Kisaragi- I am so inlove with him....He looks so...anyway..I know only that he's a mulian like ayato and Quon. He great in science. He looks as if apart of him is missing somehow....I just can't figure him out....
Kouga- Kouga is the best guy in the Inuyasha series....I love how he's so protective of Kagome...He's strong and loving yet in the start wants Kagome one for the stupidest reasons but then he starts to really love her and that so cute...
Quon- I totally love her..She's the coolest anime girl I've ever seen...She's strong and strange but helpful....Its cool to find out that she's ayatos sister/Aunt/Mother/Daughter but other then that it pretty cool...I'd do anything to be like her.....
Kagome-Kagome is so like me I love it...She loves Inuyasha from the start even though she doesn't say or show him any feelings until later on...He's strong and pretty and funny....
Mika- Mika never seen a weapon until her mother was killed...Meeting Grave was the best thing that ever happened to her...She looks up to him...(Really she does because he's so tall) Even though she's like 13 in the series and madly in love with Beyond The Grave(Which is like 48 now that he was dead and brought back)she still sticks with her feelings for him yet being turned down by him...He dies in the end and she's all alone.....Poor girl
Thats it....there's not alot of girls I like just guys....
|2006-03-19, 17:29||Link #29|
The Guys -
I'll be honest, I have really only watched anime with wimpy male leads, except for a few very big exceptions. Onwards!
5. Sensei-san - Bottle Fairy - He's just really kind to to the girls. I like him. His voice is nice, too. (Considering all I have seen is the dub, that is a great accomplishment.)
4. Eriol Hirragazawa - Card Captor Sakura - He's just kindof odd, and his smile is awesome. I really like how he teases Li-kun. ^^
3. Grant Hughes - Full Metal Alchemist - I just adore him. It just killed me when he was off the show. I mean, I kindof just quit watching it right then. (Then started back up. ^^)
2. Mamoru Kagemori - Kage Kara Mamoru - I really enjoy how this guy can appear to be the typical harem owner, wishy-washy and just plain clueless, but in reality, he;s cool and a NINJA!
1. Rentarou Futaba - Futakoi Alternative - I just love this guy. He was a great character, and very sensible when it suited him.
The Girls -
5. Momo - Shinigami no Ballad - She's a grim reaper, and that's just plain cool.
4. Hororo and Chiriri - Bottle Fairy - I just adore these two, while Hororo is dopey and perpetually hungry, Chiriri is patient and fashionable. (I like her hats!)
3. Misuzu - Air - She may be weak and an odd show of character, but I really like how she accepts everything and stays with her mother.
2. Konyaku Yuna - Kage Kara Mamoru - She the exact opposite of Mamoru. Slow witted, unsuspecting, and needs protecting. It's adorable. ^^
1. Tomoyo Daidouji - Card Captor Sakura - She's so sweet and polite how could you not like her? I love her laugh.[
|2010-08-08, 15:32||Link #30|
Join Date: Jul 2010
3.Shigure, Hiro(Fruit basket)
4.Japan, France(Hetalia: Axis Power)
5.Asopp, luffy, zoro(one peice)
2.Ichijou Karin(School rumble)
|2010-08-08, 15:47||Link #31|
Join Date: Apr 2009
How about top ten instead?
Shichika - Katanagatari
Jacuzzi Splot - Baccano!
Hei - Darker Than Black
Izaya - Durarara!!
Edward Elric - Fullmetal Alchemist
Takizawa - Eden of the East
Ginko - Mushishi
Harima - School Rumble
Morita - Honey & Clover
Watashi - Tatami Galalxy
Yui - Angel Beats
Senjougahara - Bakemonogatari
Kallen - Code Geass
Ryougi Shiki - Kara no Kyoukai
Aozaki Touko - Kara no Kyoukai
Asagami Fujino - Kara no Kyoukai
Horo - Spice & Wolf
Arcueid - Tsukihime
Balsa - Serei no Moribito
Minori - Toradora!
|2010-08-08, 19:15||Link #33|
The Dark Empress
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: West Virginia, USA
Top 5 male
1.Rolo (Code Geass)
2.Saji Crossroad (Gundam 00)
3.Ribbons Almark (Gundam 00)
4.Touya (Ayashi no Ceres)
top 5 female
1.Yuuko (Ef A Tale of Memories/Melodies)
2.Ceres (Ayashi no Ceres)
3.Emma Sheen (Zeta Gundam)
4.Haru Miura (Reborn)
5.Chrome Dokuro (Reborn)
|2010-08-09, 22:55||Link #34|
Join Date: Jul 2010
1. Light Yagami (Death Note)
2. Zero (Vampire Knight)
3.Edward Elric (FMA)
4. Mello (Death Note)
5. Tomoya (Clannad)
This list was waay easier.
1. Nagisa (Clannad)
2. Diva (Blood+)
3.Konata (Lucky Star)
4. TIE with anyone from Amagami SS!
5. Misuzu (Air)
|2010-08-11, 05:04||Link #35|
Join Date: Jun 2010
My fav girl list.
2.Segawa izumi (both of these girls are from hayate no gotoku)
3. Yuki Nagato ( Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
4. Tachibana Kanade ( Angel Beats)
5.Yui ( forgot last name, Yui Nyaa~
FAV male Chars:
1. Harima Kenji (school Rumble)
2. Kyon ( Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
3. Koizaumi (Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
4. Hanai ( school rumble and i also forgot last name)
5. Hayate Ayasaki ( Hayate the combat butler or aka Hayate no gotoku)
All the girls in my list are kawaii so they are my favs XD. also because of their cute voices and personalities
|2010-08-11, 13:07||Link #36|
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Academy City
I'm just gonna list however many I can.
1. Accelerator (To Aru Majutsu no Index)
2. Kamina (Tengan Toppa Gurren Lagann)
3. Masaomi (Durarara!!)
4. Ryoushi (Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi)
5. Jun (WORKING!!)
6. Firo (Baccano!)
7. Shizuo (Durarara!!)/Izaya (Durarara!!)
8. L (Death Note)
9. Lelouch (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion)
10. Usui (Kaichou wa Maid-sama!)
11. England (Hetalia)
12. Fai (Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles)
13. Keiichi (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni)
14. Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji)
15. Toushirou (Bleach)
16. Prussia (Hetalia)
17. Toboe (Wolf's Rain)
18. Brera (Macross Frontier)
19. Rail Tracer (Baccano!)
20. Naoi (Angel Beats!)
1. Last Order (To Aru Majutsu no Index)
2. Rena (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni)
3. Revy (Black Lagoon)
4. Yomi (Ga-Rei Zero)
5. Nodame (Nodame Cantabile)
6. Koromo (Saki)
7. Fate (Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha)
8. Nino (Arakawa Under the Bridge)
9. Horo (Spice and Wolf)/Senjougahara (Bakemonogatari)
10. Ange (Umineko no Naku Koro ni)
11. Saten (To Aru Kagaku no Railgun)
12. Nadeko (Bakemonogatari)
13. Mafuyu (Seitokai no Ichizon)
14. Yui (Angel Beats!)
15. Yuki (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu)
16. Sanya (Strike Witches)
17. Misaki (Kaichou wa Maid-sama!)
18. Chihiro (ef - a tale of memories)
19. Noel (Sora no Woto)
20. Togame (Katanagatari)
1. Hideyoshi (Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu)
2. Ciel (Robin Ver.) (Kuroshitsuji)
3. Kotori (WORKING!!)
4. Katsuki (CLANNAD ~After Story~)
5. Aoi (Kaichou wa Maid-sama!)
|2010-08-11, 20:04||Link #37|
Don't Call Me Bro
5. Ginko - Mushishi. Open-minded, easy going, very secluded but had a very big heart. He just melded with the rustic, mystical world of Mushishi so well and was intriguing in his approach to life and his empathy to anyone, regardless of how they felt about him. He's the kind of guy who would be cool to hang out with and wander with.
4. Edward Elric - Fullmetal Alchemist. Such a volatile mix of teen angst, heart and rationale. Playing an unusual big brother role, being the most human character in a visceral world despite his synthetic physical parts, maturity beyond his years and a will that just wouldn't die. He was captivating.
3. Shinkurou Kurenai - Kurenai. He was way out of his league with the task of minding Murasaki, but he somehow found a way - and he was the only one that could. He was forced to grow as a person and finally find the direction in his life that had been sorely lacking. With that he caused Murasaki to grow in turn and appreciate the world around her. A very unique bond. And his interactions with females in general always made for intriguing and hilarious times.
2. Lelouch - Code Geass. The guy just screams epic. His thirst for vengeance which slowly morphed into something more important made for very tantalising viewing, as did his continual evolution as a character. At his worst, there wasn't a better character at being a bastard. At his best, there wasn't a better character for admitting his sins and finding it within himself to feel empathy for those that others wouldn't - especially C.C.
1. Mugen - Samurai Champloo. A free spirit and a man's man. He did things his own way and didn't care about the consequences. Yet he was the right guy for his time and place. Despite his rough edges and dark origins, he knew where to draw the line and stuck with Fuu and Jin to the very end. And he was just so damn cool.
5. Fate Testarossa - Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha. For a series that was supposed to be focused on Nanoha, Fate certainly stole the spotlight - permanently. Shy and scarred, yet full of love and fierce passion when the situation demanded it. The evolution of Fate's character over three series was essential to enjoying the series. The shift in the roles of the Fate-Nanoha relationship over times was also intriguing.
4. Kallen Kozuki - Code Geass. If there was a character to be the epitome of heart and youthful determination - Kallen Kozuki would be it. She wore her heart on her sleeve, lived life to the full, was a true friend, gave 110% always. Her gradual development over time from pure heart to finding a necessary balance between head and heart was intriguing, as was the way she took setbacks in her stride.
3. Haruka Minami - Minami-ke. Haruka would be the first to say her life wasn't extraordinary. Yet it was. The situation dictated that the once slack, sporty Haruka had to become diligent, maternal and heart-warming. And it was a good thing. Naturally beautifull inside and outside, amplified by her kind nature, her endless empathy and being the mother figure. Not to mention she is the queen of :3 - you know it! And let's not forget Episode 5 - could there ever be a more tasteful, character-defining moment of service ever. ^^
2. Kyou Fujiyabashi - Clannad. A first glance at Kyou might give the impression she was too much to handle. Get to know her - you see beyond the fierce front she puts up and see the gentle, loving side she shows only to her friends. Full of feminista yet also possessed a feline-like grace, looked good in just about anything, loving sister, active/responsible friend. Her eventual arc also provided some of the most genuine romantic moments I've ever seen.
1. C.C. - Code Geass. She's far from perfect. But that was part of the charm of C.C. With an Audrey-Hepburn like air, chilling elegance and an air that could leave one frozen with her kuudere vibes, she was a very complex, tainted character. But with that came a challenge and a responsibility. To dismiss C.C. was the easy choice - it took a person that knew her pain and able to forgive her mistakes to be worthy of being C.C.'s companion. Sometimes seflish and unforgiving as ice, yet when push came to shove, C.C. was someone that was loyal and willing to be the rock. It's easy to make a readily likeable character. It's a lot harder to make a character with very visible flaws and make them special. Yet C.C. was made to be that. To see C.C. gradually drag herself from the depths of depsair, love herself and find someone to follow, ease her lifeache and enjoy life - that was special.
|2010-08-11, 20:23||Link #38|
Join Date: Apr 2010
This isn't too accurate, but I wanted limit it to one male/female per series so, in no particular order...
1. Lelouch vi Britannia (Code Geass)
2. Tieria Erde (Gundam 00)
3. Keith Anyan (Toward the Terra)
4. Kyon (Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
5. Kyou OR Hatsuharu Sohma (Fruits Basket)
6. Ryuk (Death Note)
1. C.C. (Code Geass)
2. Faye Valentine (Cowboy Bebop)
3. Michiko Milandro (Michiko to Hatchin)
4. Louise Halevy (Gundam 00) or maybe Nena Trinity I can't choose.
5. Haruhi Suzumiya (HAVE A GUESS)
6. Misa Amane (Death Note)
|2010-08-11, 20:32||Link #39|
Join Date: Aug 2010
I like the idea of 1 per anime Kittenlady
(1) Lelouch (Code Geass)
(2) Kyon (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
(3) L (Death Note)
(4) Hayate (Hayate the Combat Butler)
(5) Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)
(1) Shana (Shakugan no Shana)
(2) Falis (Murder Princess)
(3) C.C (Code Geass)
(4) Kaname (Full Metal Panic!)
(5) Haruhi (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
|2010-08-11, 21:54||Link #40|
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The State of Disarray
After reading through the thread (to refresh my swiss-cheese memory), and to see if anyone on my lists were left out...
Duke Togo/Golgo 13 (Golgo 13) - If you could cross Dirty Harry with Leon the Professional, throw in a some Shaft and a heap of Chuck Norris...and put it all in a scary-faced package of a man, that'd be Golgo 13. I wouldn't want to cross him for ANY reason...and I definitely wouldn't want to stand behind him. A lover, a fighter, a killer...a man's man!
Rock Lee (Naruto) - Along with Guy Sensei, the main reasons I loved Naruto's early seasons (before I lost track). There's so much to him beyond the 'bushy brow' and Beatles haircut...too bad people gotta hate. One of anime's best fighters not involved in the Dragonball sagas.
Tenchi Masaki (Tenchi Muyo) - Yeah, I know...he's wishy-washy, borderline spastic, and not exactly the template for 'chick magnet', but what sets him apart is his heart: when pushed to the wall, Tenchi will come out swinging...especially if one of the girls are involved. He's also a kind soul, which makes him endearing. Could be worse--he could be Shinji. (Shudder).
Edward Elric (Full Metal Alchemist) - I was gonna choose Durarara's Izaya here, but being as I hate the bastard so much, I'm going with someone I actually like--and wish I had his power! What he lacks in height he more than makes up for in grit and heart.
Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop) - The ultimate in anime cool. Y'all know, I don't have to tell you why.
Also rans: Shizuo (Durarara!), Yuuto (Haruka Nogizaka's Secret), Adam Blade (Needless), Light Yagami (Death Note), and Mugen (Samurai Champloo) round out my Top 10.
Misato (Neon Genesis Evangelion) - Equal parts sexy, crazy, dynamic and cool under pressure. I'd buy another fridge just to feed her (woman cannot live by beer and cup ramen alone), as long as I can be the guy who wakes up in her bed. And if the world's in trouble, I want her at the command post running the show!
Chii (Chobits)/Sawako Kuromura (Kimi ni Todoke) - Had a problem picking a number four between them, as I love them both for their 'fish out of water'-ness, and their overall sense of wonder at just about everything they come across. Doing anything to make either of them sad would have me apologizing for weeks on end.
Ryoko (Tenchi Muyo) - She'd probably kill me in a week, but what a way to go! Never a dull moment with her around...the girl just oozes trouble--often of the kind that need interdimensional help!
Makoto Kino/Sailor Jupiter (Sailor Moon) - Surprised no one picked any of the Senshi, but then, it has been awhile. Anyway..part tomboy, part waifu--the perfect combination. Who else do you know that can kick major ass, and cook and clean the way she does? The fact that she's unbelievably sexy and fun to be around, yet vulnerable and yearning to be loved, makes her a near-perfect catch for someone who's willing to break through that tough-girl exterior give their heart fully to her.
I did say near-perfect, because...
Belldandy (Ah, Megamisama!/Oh, My Goddess!) - ...come on, people! It's friggin' BELLDANDY!!! Who wouldn't want a beautiful goddess who caters to your every whim, bends the will of the heavens to make you happy, does her best to bring the best out of you, and genuinely loves you not out of duty or contract, but out of the gentleness of her adorable heart?? Hell, I could just stand and watch her smile for hours and be deliriously happy...mmmmm, Belldandy!
Kurumi (Steel Angel Kurumi), Togame (Katanagatari), Anri & Celty (Durarara!), Mizuho (Please Teacher!), and Asuna (Negima!) round out my Top 10...er, 12.
MadPanda...(group nods to HTT of K-On! and the classes of both Azumanga Daioh and Pani Poni Dash)...