AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2004-09-16, 22:08   Link #1
jindo

Thumbs up Tennis no Oji-Sama: Saikyou Team o Kessei Seyo!

Anyone else getting this? I shall have my copy on Monday.
jindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 22:43   Link #2
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Do you have any links with screenshots? I'm reluctant on getting a Prince of Tennis game (I know there have been a couple for the PS2) since I've heard that it was quite difficult to perform the various special attacks that the chracters have... and what would be the point of playing someone if I can't even boomerang snake their ass?...
Old 2004-09-17, 07:05   Link #3
Godhand
Lord of the Decepticons

I'd like to but by the looks of things it looks WAAYYYY too text heavy for me, hearing Japanese is one thing, trying to read it is something else.
Godhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 22:01   Link #4
jindo

Thumbs up

Well according to my sources the game starts off as simulation mode. Which you must play vs. other players and invite them to join your team and so on. Here are some of the confirmed features in this game:
1. Total of 53 players. 48 players to choose and 5 hidden ones.
- Ann and Sakuno is now available on regular roster.
- Nanjiro is back as a hidden character
- All Rikkai Dai members are available
2. Game engine is same as Smash Hit 2 with smoother graphics

3. Unlockable features.
- Prince of Bowling

My game is arriving this weekend so as I unlock more stuff on this game I'll post it here.

**If you have FAQ on Smash Hit 2 PM me. **
Old 2004-09-17, 22:28   Link #5
jindo

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Chronics
Do you have any links with screenshots? I'm reluctant on getting a Prince of Tennis game (I know there have been a couple for the PS2) since I've heard that it was quite difficult to perform the various special attacks that the chracters have... and what would be the point of playing someone if I can't even boomerang snake their ass?...
No need for worries there. All the trademark moves and voices are FULLY intact from the series. The graphics are cell shaded (has that jetset radio feel to it). I'm not into sports games in general, but if you're a PoT fan you'll be playing this game for a long time. Specially if you're trying to unlock all the gallery mode.

The special move command is not complicated at all. Also another great features in smash hit 2 is "pair" mode. Which it allows you to create a character (pick any characters from the roster but not hidden ones) and you can customize (any special moves from the game) your main character. Just imagine, for example: my Dan Taichi has Atobe's "Hametsu ae no Rhondo" shot. . It gets more crazy as you earn more ability points through training courses. If you have multi tap you can play up to 4players. Not so long ago friends came by and we had 4 Tezuka matches at one point.
Old 2004-09-17, 22:49   Link #6
Oneesama
本當に愛してるなら, "鰻食べる?ってきかないで

o no! that was POT version I! sorry for the wrong post XD

Last edited by Oneesama; 2004-09-17 at 22:53. Reason: WRONG VERSION!
Oneesama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 19:31   Link #7
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jindo
No need for worries there. All the trademark moves and voices are FULLY intact from the series. The graphics are cell shaded (has that jetset radio feel to it). I'm not into sports games in general, but if you're a PoT fan you'll be playing this game for a long time. Specially if you're trying to unlock all the gallery mode.

The special move command is not complicated at all. Also another great features in smash hit 2 is "pair" mode. Which it allows you to create a character (pick any characters from the roster but not hidden ones) and you can customize (any special moves from the game) your main character. Just imagine, for example: my Dan Taichi has Atobe's "Hametsu ae no Rhondo" shot. . It gets more crazy as you earn more ability points through training courses. If you have multi tap you can play up to 4players. Not so long ago friends came by and we had 4 Tezuka matches at one point.
So... which game should I get? the new one or the one before it? and what was the title of the PoT game that came out before, Smash Hit? I play and really enjoy tennis games like Topsin and Virtua Tennis... would this game be similar in terms of playing style to those games

Dan is one my favorite characters in the show as well.. and it's pretty cool that you can use even him... these games overall sound really interesting since I'm huge PoT addict...
Old 2004-09-18, 22:35   Link #8
jindo

Smile

Well first I'd recommend PoT Smash Hit 2. There's a besthits version which is about $35.

PoT is a very competitive game even though it has all those special moves that are only in the anime series.

Check out this link. It shows some speical moves from the game. Ofcourse in real game play it's a lot faster.

PoT Smash Hit 2, Ryoma's 5 special combo from ep. 128
Old 2004-09-21, 23:02   Link #9
jindo

My first impression

Well so far 5 hours into exploring the game so far I was manage to find out some features.

1. Game package:
- 1st release games comes with a soft game packet with 3 different school symbols. They're all randomly packed (I was lucky enough to get the Seigaku one)

2. Options:
- For those people that aren't familiar with previous PoT Smash Hit titles may find this game a bit frustrating. (specially those who aren't familiar with basic Japanese..)
- As you start the game there is NO "exhibition" mode. This is a unlockable options that you must complete Team mode to unlock it.

3. Noticeable changes in characters/graphics
- More detailed noticeable backgrounds. Detailed hi-res backgrounds are well done. For example:
*shadow effects: clouds and character shadow movements
- Characters are still done in cell shaded graphics although they seemed to be more cleaner than previous PoT Smash Hit games.

- Special moves are re-done and seems more visually appealing than the previous ones.

4. Unlockables:

*Options*
- "Exhibition"
- "Gallery"

*Characters*:
- "Michiru" from Ginka school.

Well this is far as I got to. As I discover more features I'll post it here.