AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-05-29, 12:58   Link #21
Clayton
Antihero
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In my own little world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Yaoi. All romance, no ugly guys. Does life get any better? <--my version.

On-topic, Kashimashi? Maria-sama ga Miteiru?
In Kashimashi he used to be a guy
__________________
The author of "How to be an Anime Character"
Clayton is offline  
Old 2010-05-29, 14:28   Link #22
risingstar3110
Dead Master ★ BRS
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton View Post
Yuri. All romance, no men. Does life get any better?

Unfortunately these series are few and hard to find. Anybody know any good ones? Preferable ones where none of the girls used to be guys?Or where it's not just "implied"?


So far the best one I know of is Strawberry Panic.

Spoiler for Strawberry Panic:
If you like yuri, i think it's better to look for manga....

Yuri in anime is somehow cursed ...
__________________
risingstar3110 is offline  
Old 2010-05-29, 16:09   Link #23
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
If you like yuri, i think it's better to look for manga....
I second this. You'll have a much bigger selection ahead of you if you go down the yuri manga path.
__________________
Shiroth is offline  
Old 2010-05-29, 17:05   Link #24
Clayton
Antihero
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In my own little world.
Yeah the manga version of the Utena movie made WAAAAAY more sense than whatever the heck that carwash thing was supposed to be about.


Unfortunately it's way more expensive to buy a whole manga series for what may only be implied yuri than to shell out for a box set of DVDs. Look at Negima.
__________________
The author of "How to be an Anime Character"
Clayton is offline  
Old 2010-05-29, 17:19   Link #25
jedinat
フリーター
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton View Post
Unfortunately it's way more expensive to buy a whole manga series for what may only be implied yuri than to shell out for a box set of DVDs. Look at Negima.
Who buys manga before reading it? That would be a pretty dumb thing to do.
jedinat is offline  
Old 2010-05-29, 17:26   Link #26
Clayton
Antihero
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In my own little world.
Amazon.com. What can I say? I'm cheap
__________________
The author of "How to be an Anime Character"
Clayton is offline  
Old 2010-05-29, 17:33   Link #27
jedinat
フリーター
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton View Post
Amazon.com. What can I say? I'm cheap
I'm more referring to the fact that there are very few manga not readily accessible to ones favorite manga viewer. I push Hamana.
jedinat is offline  
Old 2010-05-29, 18:21   Link #28
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Oakland, CA
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Personally, I'd have to disagree with most of this. Sex is fine, but mostly besides the point. The relationship and characters are what it's all about. Hanjuku Joshi is okay, but have you read Girl Friends, Manga no Tsukurikata, and Strawberry Shake? All are vastly superior choices for a new anime (along with many other more minor manga, ie not many chapters).
Girlfriends drove me batshit insane because it took 27 chapters for the girls to actually finally admit they wanted in each other's pants.

I don't find Cannot Spit it Out/Will They Or Won't They to be entertaining. I don't want Toradora! style romances, and that's what Girlfriends is like.

Really, if I want to see moeblobs "cute girls doing cute things" then I'll go watch K-On! and forget about the yuri. At least K-On! has enough comedy/humor in it to keep me entertained (plus pro audio gear porn, BUT NOT ENOUGH).

Girlfriends is like... the mangaka is saying: "Okay, I spent 27 chapters building up TENSION and now that they're together at last, LET'S TOTALLY FUCKING FORGET THEM AND GO FOCUS ON WHORE GIRL SUGI'S 3852762746 BOYFRIENDS WHEE!"

If I'm watching/reading yuri, I want to see sex. Specifically, girls having sex. I also want to see the drama that comes from two people trying to be true to themselves in a world that doesn't understand and is determined to destroy the love they have. I don't want to see chapter after chapter of poor communication, wild misunderstandings, jumping to conclusions and generally being a stupid fucking teenager. I don't want pure porn without plot. That usually sucks, the art isn't attractive, the women are sexualized to a laughable degree and it's clearly aimed at men (and I am a gay woman, not a straight man).

I'd like to see or read something where the relationship between two girls is important and plot-relevant, but relationship drama isn't the entire plot. Where there's at least a few tasteful (not porn-style) sex scenes. Where the whole thing isn't ridiculous Class S relationships and a bunch of snooty ojou-samas daintily kissing junior girls on the mouth, but there's a real love between the characters.

The sad thing is I'm probably not going to get this until I actually finish writing my novel.
__________________
synaesthetic is offline  
Old 2010-05-29, 19:27   Link #29
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Girlfriends drove me batshit insane because it took 27 chapters for the girls to actually finally admit they wanted in each other's pants.

I don't find Cannot Spit it Out/Will They Or Won't They to be entertaining. I don't want Toradora! style romances, and that's what Girlfriends is like.

Really, if I want to see moeblobs "cute girls doing cute things" then I'll go watch K-On! and forget about the yuri. At least K-On! has enough comedy/humor in it to keep me entertained (plus pro audio gear porn, BUT NOT ENOUGH).

Girlfriends is like... the mangaka is saying: "Okay, I spent 27 chapters building up TENSION and now that they're together at last, LET'S TOTALLY FUCKING FORGET THEM AND GO FOCUS ON WHORE GIRL SUGI'S 3852762746 BOYFRIENDS WHEE!"

If I'm watching/reading yuri, I want to see sex. Specifically, girls having sex. I also want to see the drama that comes from two people trying to be true to themselves in a world that doesn't understand and is determined to destroy the love they have. I don't want to see chapter after chapter of poor communication, wild misunderstandings, jumping to conclusions and generally being a stupid fucking teenager. I don't want pure porn without plot. That usually sucks, the art isn't attractive, the women are sexualized to a laughable degree and it's clearly aimed at men (and I am a gay woman, not a straight man).

I'd like to see or read something where the relationship between two girls is important and plot-relevant, but relationship drama isn't the entire plot. Where there's at least a few tasteful (not porn-style) sex scenes. Where the whole thing isn't ridiculous Class S relationships and a bunch of snooty ojou-samas daintily kissing junior girls on the mouth, but there's a real love between the characters.

The sad thing is I'm probably not going to get this until I actually finish writing my novel.
So...what about Sasameki Koto?

You could have suggested K-ON! doujins. At least they have plenty of stuff if you searched along the lines of Kotobuki Tsumugi.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline  
Old 2010-05-29, 19:33   Link #30
Falkor
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
If I'm watching/reading yuri, I want to see sex. Specifically, girls having sex. I also want to see the drama that comes from two people trying to be true to themselves in a world that doesn't understand and is determined to destroy the love they have. I don't want to see chapter after chapter of poor communication, wild misunderstandings, jumping to conclusions and generally being a stupid fucking teenager. I don't want pure porn without plot. That usually sucks, the art isn't attractive, the women are sexualized to a laughable degree and it's clearly aimed at men (and I am a gay woman, not a straight man).

I'd like to see or read something where the relationship between two girls is important and plot-relevant, but relationship drama isn't the entire plot. Where there's at least a few tasteful (not porn-style) sex scenes. Where the whole thing isn't ridiculous Class S relationships and a bunch of snooty ojou-samas daintily kissing junior girls on the mouth, but there's a real love between the characters.

The sad thing is I'm probably not going to get this until I actually finish writing my novel.
you might want to read Octave if you haven't already. (B-U Link)

it deals with a female character as she explores her goals, her ambitions, her own sexuality and sexual orientation. it has bits of drama and social commentary (as she tries to hide her orientation, or as she faces disapproval). and yes, she has sex with another female, which whom she shares an adult relationship. you might want to give it try. I get the feeling you might like it.

edit: let me read your novel when you finish.
Falkor is offline  
Old 2010-05-29, 19:43   Link #31
jedinat
フリーター
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
<snip>

The sad thing is I'm probably not going to get this until I actually finish writing my novel.
Go watch South of Nowhere, Sugar Rush, and Anyone But Me.
jedinat is offline  
Old 2010-05-31, 09:06   Link #32
darkchibi07
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I second this. You'll have a much bigger selection ahead of you if you go down the yuri manga path.
Now, if only U.S. manga companies licensed more yuri.........
__________________

darkchibi07 is offline  
Old 2010-06-04, 23:26   Link #33
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Oakland, CA
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
I'm pretty sure most of my hate of yuri comes from the fact that the characters in question are stupid teenagers who couldn't find their ass if it was on fire, rather than rational adults who know what they want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
you might want to read Octave if you haven't already. (B-U Link)

it deals with a female character as she explores her goals, her ambitions, her own sexuality and sexual orientation. it has bits of drama and social commentary (as she tries to hide her orientation, or as she faces disapproval). and yes, she has sex with another female, which whom she shares an adult relationship. you might want to give it try. I get the feeling you might like it.

edit: let me read your novel when you finish.
I've been reading Octave on-and-off. While it's pretty interesting and the art is good, it's reeeeeally angsty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Go watch South of Nowhere, Sugar Rush, and Anyone But Me.
*googles these*

This looks interesting, but note not a one of them is animated... I'm betting there's no sex there either (at least, not on screen).

Still going to watch them, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
Now, if only U.S. manga companies licensed more yuri.........
Apparently Hanjuku Joshi got licensed...
__________________
synaesthetic is offline  
Old 2010-06-05, 15:40   Link #34
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Apparently Hanjuku Joshi got licensed...
I don't think it's licensed. I suppose you read than on mangafox, but they say every series unavailable there is licensed, whether is actually licensed or not.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline  
Old 2010-06-07, 06:26   Link #35
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Tampa
I'll also recommend Octave(18+ age audience). The two main characters are good in my opinion(I know people may not like Yukino. I think her development is actually pretty good and her character to me is understandable). The development between them is nice and the characters are realistic(Unlike some yuri manga I've read in the past). And there is an good amount of drama in it and there will only be more later on. This manga is definitely for the grown up audience.

Looking forward to reading the next chapters when they get translated and released.
__________________

Last edited by SonOfHeaven; 2010-06-07 at 06:37.
SonOfHeaven is offline  
Old 2010-06-07, 08:33   Link #36
Pocky Yoshi
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Beach shores!
*Decides to try it out* Na-mu.....

Edit: When is the next chapter gonna come out?

Last edited by Pocky Yoshi; 2010-06-07 at 12:17.
Pocky Yoshi is offline  
Old 2010-07-05, 09:08   Link #37
Abashi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Kashimashi is pretty good, despite some of its flaws. Although the main character starts out male, the remainder of it after becoming a girl is pretty much all shoujo ai. It is one of my favorite animes, but there must be an even better yuri somewhere ...
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
Abashi is offline  
Old 2010-07-07, 00:20   Link #38
Tom Bombadil
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Any one reading Creo The Crimson Crises? The story is pretty decent, but what's most attractive is the art. Unfortunately, there is no sex in it.
__________________
Tom Bombadil is offline  
Old 2010-08-16, 15:30   Link #39
Frozen_Angel
Gothy Lesbian from Hell
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
As somone stated earlier the anime version of Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o Anata to Koibito Tsunagi (その花びらにくちづけを あなたと恋人つなぎ) was just released, I found it really romantic, even if the story was a little not there and look forward to the other 4 story`s
__________________
.
Frozen_Angel is offline  
Old 2010-08-16, 16:13   Link #40
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Oakland, CA
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
Oh? Where can I find this?
__________________
synaesthetic is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.