AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-17, 12:00   Link #21
Haak
Forever Alone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Are there any tropes for my second item, where a major enemy is actually trying to make the heroes stronger with the intent of making them strong enough to defeat him? When I say major enemy, I mean someone who's not defeated early on.
It doesn't quite fit but the only thing I can think of is Death Seeker.
Old 2010-08-17, 14:21   Link #22
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Even if he was a villain, he wasn't an intelligent one. Way too cocky and proud. Revealed his plans before they were done, didn't cover all the bases etc. He made so many stupid mistakes over the course of the entire plot that I don't get why anyone would consider him truly intelligent. The interesting bits of almost magical sequences he pulled off were completely overridden by him overlooking the simplest of details and making very stupid mistakes. L was much more intelligent. He didn't have the advantage of knowing everything from the go and still caught on really fast. But nobody in Death Note was a true genius.
And that my friends is called subjectivity…If Light was an absolute fool then WTF does that make L for not completely figuring out his absolute “mess” of a plan?? Understand the context of what can be achieved and the “mistakes” that can be made when we are talking about a book that can kill people (There is still a certain level of “genius” in covering up the “mistakes” which is a template for most of the show’s intensity, Not to mention the world’s #1 most bat$hit detective was the only person on Earth that could figure out all these so-called “unintelligent mistakes”)…I’m sure there’s an animesuki member out there that could have done much better…I mean they probably would have just been eating a bag of potato chips instead of flashily opening a bag of potato chips with flatscreen TV’s inside of them …I think we get a bit indulgent trying to trash this anti-villain’s credibility considering the context…Light was very effective considering the context; to the point, well, I’ll let Migami bitterly explain the rest….
Old 2010-08-17, 14:43   Link #23
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
I’m sure there’s an animesuki member out there that could have done much better
You must mean me! Ahh anyways, you mustn't debate on a request thread. You all? Tsk tsk.

I rather like Durarara!! antagonist as well.

Beyond that, no anime antagonist was near flawless as Izaya would be.

That is my opinion anyways. Since I haven't seen an antagonist yet that would fit as well as you described besides Orihara Izaya.
Closed Thread