AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-08-14, 01:27   Link #4121
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: FL, USA
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
Since when is that the case? It's been a long time since I've made any use of the reputation system.
I remember it being said when I had asked about neutral rep a while back, but I am having some trouble finding where exactly it was said.
__________________
Haruka & Yuu - Sakura TrickAvatar by Tempester
Sig by TheEroKing
MAL(KagamiHiiragi)
Konakaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 12:35   Link #4122
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: FL, USA
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
From my understanding giving out too much in a day nulls it as well.
Nope, when you try to give too much rep within a time frame the board displays a different message telling you've given out too much rep in the past 24 hours to give out anymore rep currently. I'd know I've gotten a few times, when I've gone a bit too rep happy appearantly xD.
__________________
Haruka & Yuu - Sakura TrickAvatar by Tempester
Sig by TheEroKing
MAL(KagamiHiiragi)
Konakaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 13:30   Link #4123
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Grey rep is easy to figure out...? Maybe.

A junior member, or someone with particularly open-handedness, tried giving rep. From my understanding giving out too much in a day nulls it as well.

The moderators need to give an official explanation on the reputation system. The guesswork is hardly desirable.
There IS an official explanation of the reputation system. Those little "forum rules" and "FAQ" buttons on the top of the page...
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 08:42   Link #4124
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Looking for Reason to hear it's voice
Age: 4
Send a message via AIM to thevil1
Well since ^ discussion seems to have ended, I'll take the liberty to start a new one. This may be better as it's own topic, and if so someone feel free to make one.
Do you think that online people judge more by majority, or age? And do you think that one can manipulate the other and change the opinion?
__________________
A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles - Christopher Reeve
thevil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 10:16   Link #4125
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Unseen Horizon
Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
What is a good material [for a certain pair of black and white swords with a yin yang symbol on them] for high stress use[like 60%-90% serious mock battles]?

Depends what kind of person that online person is? Well, sometimes they can (50-50)... [and I hope someone answers the ^ question better than me]
__________________

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 15:53   Link #4126
Kudryavka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevil1 View Post
Well since ^ discussion seems to have ended, I'll take the liberty to start a new one. This may be better as it's own topic, and if so someone feel free to make one.
Do you think that online people judge more by majority, or age? And do you think that one can manipulate the other and change the opinion?
Age as in how long a member has been part of a community or age as in how old a member says s/he may or may not be? If the former, then I say majority. Unless a flamer weeds into the discussion, then it's just a big mess of NO U.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 16:44   Link #4127
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
What is a good material [for a certain pair of black and white swords with a yin yang symbol on them] for high stress use[like 60%-90% serious mock battles]?
Are you talking about practice swords or SCA-type mock battle swords? Or is this something that has to *look* like steel for appearance sake?

Bamboo canes (young solid ones) are good mock battle material and you can wrap them in padding for the protection of the participants. google on SCA sword making for their mock battles to find a dozen different recipes for various "nerfed" weaponry.

--> http://www.google.com/search?q=sca+swords&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla

European style medieval practice swords are made out of some variety of hard wood and left fairly blunt on the edges. Even those can seriously hurt someone so full recommended armor is a Good Idea.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 16:45   Link #4128
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevil1 View Post
Well since ^ discussion seems to have ended, I'll take the liberty to start a new one. This may be better as it's own topic, and if so someone feel free to make one.
Do you think that online people judge more by majority, or age? And do you think that one can manipulate the other and change the opinion?
This is a QA thread, not a discussion thread. Your topic would probably be better as an actual thread, however I suggest fleshing out your questions more so people understand what you're attempting to ask.
__________________
Solace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 00:34   Link #4129
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: passed out inside a sea monster.
Age: 24
Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Alright I'm looking for anyone on here that is a marine biologist.

If there is I have a question... What does it take academic wise 2 become a marine biologist. How would I go about finding the right school 2 be a marine biologist?

Thanks 2 anyone who can answer.
FormerAbyssalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 04:27   Link #4130
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
Alright I'm looking for anyone on here that is a marine biologist.

If there is I have a question... What does it take academic wise 2 become a marine biologist. How would I go about finding the right school 2 be a marine biologist?

Thanks 2 anyone who can answer.
Being a subspeciality of biological sciences there are schools in the Western USA and Europe that have direct marine biology programs, but most Universities do not. One of my old college professors studied marine biology specializing in aquatic agriculture in Japan. Marine biology is a specialized field so assuming you do not enter a marine biology program directly, try to get a Bachelor's Degree in Biology first.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 04:38   Link #4131
Frozen_Angel
Gothy Lesbian from Hell
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
I am looking for somone that can translate the cover of a magazine, looking for something in particular written on the cover, I am hardly fluent so cant quite do it myself, its a comic Tenma though so cant really post it here ill have to pm it to you, PM me if you do not mind, Thanks!
__________________
.
Frozen_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 21:39   Link #4132
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: passed out inside a sea monster.
Age: 24
Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Being a subspeciality of biological sciences there are schools in the Western USA and Europe that have direct marine biology programs, but most Universities do not. One of my old college professors studied marine biology specializing in aquatic agriculture in Japan. Marine biology is a specialized field so assuming you do not enter a marine biology program directly, try to get a Bachelor's Degree in Biology first.
Thank u very much for ur answer. But more than likely I'll be trying 2 go into it directly. Marine biology is the only thing I've wanted 2 be. I would try and get a degree in biology. But sadly college is gonna cost an arm and a leg as it is!!
FormerAbyssalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 22:33   Link #4133
Kudryavka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen_Angel View Post
I am looking for somone that can translate the cover of a magazine, looking for something in particular written on the cover, I am hardly fluent so cant quite do it myself, its a comic Tenma though so cant really post it here ill have to pm it to you, PM me if you do not mind, Thanks!
Could Somebody Please Translate This? thread.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 23:13   Link #4134
Frozen_Angel
Gothy Lesbian from Hell
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Opps my bad I looked for that and could not find it I must have been tired, sorry Ill look there, Thanks.
__________________
.
Frozen_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 08:06   Link #4135
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mucking about
Age: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
Thank u very much for ur answer. But more than likely I'll be trying 2 go into it directly. Marine biology is the only thing I've wanted 2 be. I would try and get a degree in biology. But sadly college is gonna cost an arm and a leg as it is!!
It only took me a second or two with Google to find this:

http://marinebio.org/MarineBio/Careers/US-schools.asp
__________________
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 13:05   Link #4136
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Unseen Horizon
Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Are you talking about practice swords or SCA-type mock battle swords? Or is this something that has to *look* like steel for appearance sake?

Bamboo canes (young solid ones) are good mock battle material and you can wrap them in padding for the protection of the participants. google on SCA sword making for their mock battles to find a dozen different recipes for various "nerfed" weaponry.

--> http://www.google.com/search?q=sca+swords&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla

European style medieval practice swords are made out of some variety of hard wood and left fairly blunt on the edges. Even those can seriously hurt someone so full recommended armor is a Good Idea.
Look like steel (and in par with steel and good with paint).
__________________

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 17:13   Link #4137
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 56
I've done live steel choreography... I seriously don't recommend it without extensive practice of the "dance" (arranging the fight and practicing with practice wood and always in full armor). But my experience is mostly with slower 2-handed weaponry.

You can paint wood to look remarkably like steel. The spray-on metallic paints do some amazing things. However, a mirror-finish is not an option that I know of.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-20, 02:43   Link #4138
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Fürth (GER)
Age: 33
And nothing like the sound (kliiiiiing) of clashing steel of'course.
Jinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-20, 09:54   Link #4139
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Unseen Horizon
Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I've done live steel choreography... I seriously don't recommend it without extensive practice of the "dance" (arranging the fight and practicing with practice wood and always in full armor). But my experience is mostly with slower 2-handed weaponry.

You can paint wood to look remarkably like steel. The spray-on metallic paints do some amazing things. However, a mirror-finish is not an option that I know of.
oh... I was thinking of using Kansho and Bakuya (I'll hope it won't break from heavy hits...)
__________________

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-20, 11:26   Link #4140
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Israel
Age: 18
can I open RPG game?
__________________
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
problem, q&a, questions, serious

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.