AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-08-19, 10:59   Link #1221
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Which they only have one but seeing how it performed....

Tsk...the Queen would be better. Hell she could technically pwn everyone short of no1 and 2 seeing how they haven't faced telepaths of that level before...dammit. she seriously needs more screen time
and I'm telling that girl is a hikikomori. She's been shut in and just letting her brain washed troops to do her bidding. I have never seen her in action or been heard of her in person.

well about the only artificial angel of academy city seeing it's power having two around would make a total one sided fight plus she's not complete yet.

And as for the fire power of academy city. Just only that would lead into one sided fight so having many angels aren't necessary.
tsunade666 is offline  
Old 2010-08-19, 11:07   Link #1222
Phibrizzo
Honos628
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Mexico
Yeah queen seems to be fairly strong in combat (depending on her reaction speed and time to influence others), weird thing if noone really know who she is how do they do a system scan on her?.

Also call dibs is number 6 a female or a male?.
Phibrizzo is offline  
Old 2010-08-19, 11:09   Link #1223
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Which they only have one but seeing how it performed....
The artificial heaven will end the job very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Tsk...the Queen would be better. Hell she could technically pwn everyone short of no1 and 2 seeing how they haven't faced telepaths of that level before...dammit. she seriously needs more screen time
Kakine has the power to harm Accelerator but still is the second and Mugino can kill Mikoto in one move but still is the fourth. Do you know why?

Limits, they don't have surpasses their own limits which can't allow them to be higher.
__________________
Miraluka is online now  
Old 2010-08-19, 11:10   Link #1224
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
I want another female for level 5.

Now that you mention it how do they scan her?.... a hikikomori leaving her room is unthinkable. Maybe she already brainwashed the results. Though I still think she's going outside because she's popular or maybe that's also the result of her ability. I think her ability is much more interesting than meltdowner and railgun combine.
tsunade666 is offline  
Old 2010-08-19, 11:11   Link #1225
giorno
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
mmm....wasn't it that gemstones don't produce AIM? wasn't that the difference between gemstones and AC developed espers?

but regardless that doesn't matter in this argument, it's not the amount of AIM, but its function that matters here, Accelerator's AIM automatically defends him, Accelerator doesn't even need to be aware of the attack and use his powers to defend himself, the AIM does that automatically...

Mikoto's AIM doesn't do anything like that, and probably because it can't do anything like that, so no automatic defence for her...
giorno is offline  
Old 2010-08-19, 11:13   Link #1226
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
gemstone = born with their powers.

Then what's with her radar thing? I can only think of her aim releasing weak electric signals like what she said before but maybe because of that she can also perceive anything that emits signals while entering her zone.

EDIT:

That's why they are called gemstone or raw stone because they had raw value to begin with or they are raw ores which needs to be trained or examined. Since no one knew what's the abilities origin or type when your a gemstone so they are full of mystery.
tsunade666 is offline  
Old 2010-08-19, 11:15   Link #1227
Phibrizzo
Honos628
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Mexico
Actually the rank is given from 3 to 7 due to use of their powers and measurement of the same, and the degree of control they have.

Gunga is 7 because he doesnt really know how to control his power or what is it.
Mugino is on her rank because she can't use her full power without risk her life.

There was a combat guide and I recall is something like this.

Accelerator
Darkmatter
Attack Crash
Meltdown
Railgun
Queen

All espers emit a AIM, some more than others, Accelerator have the highest concentration of AIM so much even etzali is afraid to go close to him, because his skin spell could be destroyed.
Phibrizzo is offline  
Old 2010-08-19, 11:24   Link #1228
giorno
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Accelerator is in the middle of the process of becoming an artificial angel...or reaching the SYSTEM...or both(i guess they're the same thing?)

of course his AIM is special

even back when he was still "only" the most powerful esper, his AIM had the automatic defence feature

Misaka's AIM has a super electromagnetic radar

and Gunha is ranked 7 because the scientist can't measure/understand his power
giorno is offline  
Old 2010-08-19, 11:27   Link #1229
Phibrizzo
Honos628
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
Accelerator is in the middle of the process of becoming an artificial angel...or reaching the SYSTEM...or both(i guess they're the same thing?)

of course his AIM is special

even back when he was still "only" the most powerful esper, his AIM had the automatic defence feature

Misaka's AIM has a super electromagnetic radar

and Gunha is ranked 7 because the scientist can't measure/understand his power
Incorrect his aim has nothing to do with his power, his vector field is a tinny layer covering his body, that is maintain as long as he can think, even if the human is sleeping the brain keep on thinking is 1 of the organs that never rest.

Gunga can be measure but they cant understand, it or control it.
Phibrizzo is offline  
Old 2010-08-19, 11:28   Link #1230
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
Actually the rank is given from 3 to 7 due to use of their powers and measurement of the same, and the degree of control they have.

Gunga is 7 because he doesnt really know how to control his power or what is it.
Mugino is on her rank because she can't use her full power without risk her life.

There was a combat guide and I recall is something like this.

Accelerator
Darkmatter
Attack Crash
Meltdown
Railgun
Queen

All espers emit a AIM, some more than others, Accelerator have the highest concentration of AIM so much even etzali is afraid to go close to him, because his skin spell could be destroyed.
Actually Gunha is 7 because the scientists can't comprehend his powers as he is a Gemstone and seemingly possess something that's similar to having several esper powers which is supposed to be impossible. And Mugino is ranked 4 not because her powers risk her life (I've never even heard of this) but because Misaka's powers are more relevant to SYSTEM, just like how Kakine is under Accelerator because his powers are less relevant or useful in achieving SYSTEM than Accelerator's are.
__________________
BRAVO VINCE
Suzuku is offline  
Old 2010-08-19, 11:33   Link #1231
Phibrizzo
Honos628
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Actually Gunha is 7 because the scientists can't comprehend his powers as he is a Gemstone and seemingly possess something that's similar to having several esper powers which is supposed to be impossible. And Mugino is ranked 4 not because her powers risk her life (I've never even heard of this) but because Misaka's powers are more relevant to SYSTEM, just like how Kakine is under Accelerator because his powers are less relevant or useful in achieving SYSTEM than Accelerator's are.
I did already noted about Gunha, his power can be measure just not really understand he has the equivalent to dual skill.

Mugino can't really go in high output because she would overload and die.
Phibrizzo is offline  
Old 2010-08-19, 11:35   Link #1232
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Age: 20
I wasn't aware Mugino had that weakness. Mikoto said she and Mugino had similar powers so I wonder if Mikoto went full power would she overload from too many electrons or something?
__________________
BRAVO VINCE
Suzuku is offline  
Old 2010-08-19, 11:42   Link #1233
Pyromania
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Nothing has ever implied Mikoto has a limiter of some kind... beyond her own insistence on not taking a life (which must be difficult considering how easy it is to fry the human body with the power involved).

And sometimes I wonder if the Queen actually exists, given that she has never been shown... And with the power involved it could be some kind of front. Weird. Not sure how a fight between the Queen and Railgun would go. If Mikoto resists the mental manipulation she wins, if not she gets puppetered. Don't see much room for an actual fight.
Pyromania is offline  
Old 2010-08-19, 12:01   Link #1234
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
The artificial heaven will end the job very well.


Kakine has the power to harm Accelerator but still is the second and Mugino can kill Mikoto in one move but still is the fourth. Do you know why?

Limits, they don't have surpasses their own limits which can't allow them to be higher.
More like they don't fight as smartly seeing how their opponents could do the same to them as well

Quote:
And sometimes I wonder if the Queen actually exists, given that she has never been shown... And with the power involved it could be some kind of front. Weird. Not sure how a fight between the Queen and Railgun would go. If Mikoto resists the mental manipulation she wins, if not she gets puppetered. Don't see much room for an actual fight.
Even so it still has to be a Tokiwadai student doing the mindfuckery sooo....

an investigation would sound like a Railgun plot
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline  
Old 2010-08-19, 12:07   Link #1235
Phibrizzo
Honos628
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania View Post
Nothing has ever implied Mikoto has a limiter of some kind... beyond her own insistence on not taking a life (which must be difficult considering how easy it is to fry the human body with the power involved).

And sometimes I wonder if the Queen actually exists, given that she has never been shown... And with the power involved it could be some kind of front. Weird. Not sure how a fight between the Queen and Railgun would go. If Mikoto resists the mental manipulation she wins, if not she gets puppetered. Don't see much room for an actual fight.
Except when she admit that if she use her high output she would fry railgun on 1 move in accordance to tree diagram. But is to dangerous for herself.
Phibrizzo is offline  
Old 2010-08-19, 12:10   Link #1236
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
Except when she admit that if she use her high output she would fry railgun on 1 move in accordance to tree diagram. But is to dangerous for herself.
Same can be said for Mikoto except that Mikoto doesn't go for the kill.
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline  
Old 2010-08-19, 12:16   Link #1237
Phibrizzo
Honos628
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Mexico
Difference is tree diagram compute that by that time Misaka would de death, really guys is good you like some characters but sometimes we must drop our fanatism a bit.
Phibrizzo is offline  
Old 2010-08-19, 12:22   Link #1238
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Mugino can fry Mikoto in one move if she release her limit but that limit makes her total control over her power slips away or maybe not but if she removes that limit she just goes berserk or been drunk by power and start going all out firing. That also leads to some accidents.

Mugino is been said to fight Kakine the rank 2. And fighting the rank 2 makes you considerable strong. Aside that Mugino can really FIGHT aside from her ability. If only the level 5 aren't that confident on their ability that leads on lowering their guard on lower level they could be considerable strong.
tsunade666 is offline  
Old 2010-08-19, 12:27   Link #1239
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Mugino can fry Mikoto in one move if she release her limit but that limit makes her total control over her power slips away or maybe not but if she removes that limit she just goes berserk or been drunk by power and start going all out firing. That also leads to some accidents.

Mugino is been said to fight Kakine the rank 2. And fighting the rank 2 makes you considerable strong. Aside that Mugino can really FIGHT aside from her ability. If only the level 5 aren't that confident on their ability that leads on lowering their guard on lower level they could be considerable strong.
Said by whom? Because that sounds plain out silly
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline  
Old 2010-08-19, 12:29   Link #1240
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
huh what do you mean? if mugino can fry mikoto? or mugino trying to pick a fight with kakine?

Mugino did say she can win against railgun if she removes her limiter that's in vol 15. And she did try to fight the rank 2 which is also in vol 15. And when she removes her limiter because of being felt betray and anger theirs an accident happen and she's been shot and lose some parts of her body. if you see the newer volumes you should know which one explodes and which part was shot.
tsunade666 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.