AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-08-18, 13:58   Link #2801
Revan21
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Middle of Nowhere
Age: 29
Today's purchases

[GoodSmileCompany] Kara no Kyoukai - Ryougi Shiki 1/7

Never thought I would get her one day!


[Alpha x Omega] Macross Frontier - Sheryl Nome Last Frontier ver. 1/8

I missed out on the blue version but now I don't mind. They used much better colours for this one, even the face and the hair is considerably better.


[Kotobukiya] Yotsunoha - Nekomiya Nono 1/6

Even if it's from Kotobukiya, this is a pitch-perfect high-quality figure.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
I got my LE Kotobukiya Corticarte from Tokyo Hunter.
Damn, I would love to have this figure of Corticarte. Or the hugging pillow with the same pose/outfit
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic86451_2.gif

Last edited by Revan21; 2010-08-18 at 14:54.
Revan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 19:21   Link #2802
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: On bended knee asking Belldandy to marry me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Hmm, didn't this come out last year? Slight is a pretty big understatement
No, no, no... that's an old picture. I did get her last year. Just thought I'd post it again in reference to Tokyo Hunter. It took about a month longer to get than I originally expected at that time.

@Revan21, gratz on getting Shiki! I got her when she first came out. Awesome figure! One of my favorites.
__________________
Mushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 02:15   Link #2803
Xion Valkyrie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Hmm, anyone buy from ABCToy4Me? They're one of the few places that are still taking pre-orders for the Saber Lily Golden Caliburn at a reasonable price (~150 including shipping).
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 04:56   Link #2804
Kudryavka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Hmm, anyone buy from ABCToy4Me? They're one of the few places that are still taking pre-orders for the Saber Lily Golden Caliburn at a reasonable price (~150 including shipping).
Are you buying online? If so, please call ahead and ask them if they have the item in stock; their site said they had a Miku figurine (the GSC one) in stock, so I drove down there only to find out they sold out ages ago and forgot to update their website, and the next day I got an email stating that my order (I made an online order of her as well by check, so I could pick her up in store) was canceled because they "just run out" (though only heaven knows how long ago they sold their last one ).

I've no idea how they fare with preorders, though I imagine they're even worse. Since they're based in Cali, they have no guarantee on enough stock anyway, so cross your fingers. And if you lose her, hey, that's $150 back in your wallet for something else!
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 05:51   Link #2805
Ichihara Asako
Horoist
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Not quite a figure, but browsing AmiAmi led me to discovering http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=engli...e_display.html is getting a re-release, I was really disappointed about missing the first batch, so very happy to see this.

Ordered one, and a http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=engli...e_display.html while I was at it. Should go nicely with my Reisen and Eirin. I didn't want her at first but decided it was worth it afterall.
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 05:53   Link #2806
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: On bended knee asking Belldandy to marry me
GSC Nadeko is looking good.



I still haven't ordered GSC Hitagi... not sure why. I like her a lot, thought for sure I'd want her, but can't help but feel there are other figures I'd rather have.
__________________
Mushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 09:09   Link #2807
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The girl's bathroom
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Definitely a great looking figure, Mushi.
__________________

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 10:41   Link #2808
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Israel
Age: 21
Send a message via MSN to Agito Akiyama
The Nadeko GSC looks great, I pre ordered the Hitagi GSC but decided to cancel it though I like it very much, the appeal of Bakemonogatari characters are weird, I had the same feeling that I prefer to spend money on other figures instead of the GSC.

Basically the Alter Ritsu is the one I want
__________________
Agito Akiyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 11:59   Link #2809
Revan21
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Middle of Nowhere
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
@Revan21, gratz on getting Shiki! I got her when she first came out. Awesome figure! One of my favorites.
Thanks

The funny thing is, now that I got her I'm afraid to take her out of the box and put on display b/c I don't have a glass-cabinet



Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
I still haven't ordered GSC Hitagi... not sure why. I like her a lot, thought for sure I'd want her, but can't help but feel there are other figures I'd rather have.
I'm in the same situation...
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic86451_2.gif
Revan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 12:58   Link #2810
Xion Valkyrie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Are you buying online? If so, please call ahead and ask them if they have the item in stock; their site said they had a Miku figurine (the GSC one) in stock, so I drove down there only to find out they sold out ages ago and forgot to update their website, and the next day I got an email stating that my order (I made an online order of her as well by check, so I could pick her up in store) was canceled because they "just run out" (though only heaven knows how long ago they sold their last one ).

I've no idea how they fare with preorders, though I imagine they're even worse. Since they're based in Cali, they have no guarantee on enough stock anyway, so cross your fingers. And if you lose her, hey, that's $150 back in your wallet for something else!
Ah, thanks. That doesn't really inspire confidence, and the online reviews have been pretty bad too. Oh well, I guess I don't REALLY need her, since I already pre-ordered the Triumphant Excalibur, and they're kind of close in pose and style, and I don't really like Saber enough to have THAT many versions of her.

Oh, regarding Nadeko, it looks like she comes with an alternate pair of legs so you can display her like this too:
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 14:36   Link #2811
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: On bended knee asking Belldandy to marry me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Oh, regarding Nadeko, it looks like she comes with an alternate pair of legs so you can display her like this too:
That's odd. I can't imagine why anyone would want to display her like that vs. the full figure. Makes me think that maybe that's a partial prototype they rushed out for a show somewhere?

Nice picture, though. Shows more of the detail. I really like the extra pieces, it gives the figure some "atmosphere." Much nicer than all of the school supplies falling out of Hitagi's skirt. I'm trying to cut back on figure purchases, but Nadeko might be able to tempt me.
__________________
Mushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 15:29   Link #2812
Xion Valkyrie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
That's odd. I can't imagine why anyone would want to display her like that vs. the full figure. Makes me think that maybe that's a partial prototype they rushed out for a show somewhere?

Nice picture, though. Shows more of the detail. I really like the extra pieces, it gives the figure some "atmosphere." Much nicer than all of the school supplies falling out of Hitagi's skirt. I'm trying to cut back on figure purchases, but Nadeko might be able to tempt me.
I believe the original artwork that this figure is based off of features her standing thigh-deep in water.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 16:20   Link #2813
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: On bended knee asking Belldandy to marry me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
I believe the original artwork that this figure is based off of features her standing thigh-deep in water.
Ah, ok. That would make sense, then. I think I'd still prefer the full standing version.

[edit]- Yup, found it here. http://konachan.com/post/show/62568/...sengoku_nadeko

Nice idea, but it kinda' loses something in transferring to the figure form.
__________________
Mushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 16:46   Link #2814
Xion Valkyrie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
Ah, ok. That would make sense, then. I think I'd still prefer the full standing version.

[edit]- Yup, found it here. http://konachan.com/post/show/62568/...sengoku_nadeko

Nice idea, but it kinda' loses something in transferring to the figure form.
Well, that's why she comes with 2 pairs of legs, so you can choose which configuration you want
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 16:57   Link #2815
Aird
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Ah, thanks. That doesn't really inspire confidence, and the online reviews have been pretty bad too. Oh well, I guess I don't REALLY need her, since I already pre-ordered the Triumphant Excalibur, and they're kind of close in pose and style, and I don't really like Saber enough to have THAT many versions of her.
The store I usually order from has the preorder closed but you can still pre-order that Saber for 150 at Robert's Anime Corner Store. I've never ordered a figure from them (can get it cheaper elsewhere) before but they are solid for dvds.
Aird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 17:17   Link #2816
Xion Valkyrie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aird View Post
The store I usually order from has the preorder closed but you can still pre-order that Saber for 150 at Robert's Anime Corner Store. I've never ordered a figure from them (can get it cheaper elsewhere) before but they are solid for dvds.
Oh hey, I've actually bought a few items from their Amazon storefront, their shipping is pretty damn fast. Free shipping on orders over $100, looks pretty tempting. Guess I'll go for it har har har...
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 17:44   Link #2817
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: On bended knee asking Belldandy to marry me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Well, that's why she comes with 2 pairs of legs, so you can choose which configuration you want
Which is a good design choice on their part, IMO. I think it would be better if they could have made the base look more "watery" by molding some ripples around her legs. But they'd have to provide a different base for the standing version.

Oh well... might get her, might not. I'm still contemplating Hitagi, but not sure about it.
__________________
Mushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 17:48   Link #2818
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Summoner's Rift
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
@Revan21 - Darn...I want that 1/7 Shiki now. I only ever saw the Nendoroid version of her available. Nice pickup.

@Mushi: Is that one from a page ago one of the Polyphonica girls?
__________________
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 18:13   Link #2819
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: On bended knee asking Belldandy to marry me
@Last Sinner: Yes it is. Corticarte Apa Lagranges. That's about the most "erotic" figure I own. I usually prefer the sweet/innocent/pretty/cute looks, but I like Corti's original character design so much that I had to have that one.
__________________
Mushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-20, 01:00   Link #2820
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Israel
Age: 21
Send a message via MSN to Agito Akiyama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
GSC Nadeko is looking good.

I still haven't ordered GSC Hitagi... not sure why. I like her a lot, thought for sure I'd want her, but can't help but feel there are other figures I'd rather have.
Sexy legs.

Sorry, I just had to write this.
__________________
Agito Akiyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.