AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-09-24, 07:37   Link #21
Trax
Rock beats scissors
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
That may also mean that there's not really a reason for him to become Hokage anymore (he basically caught the eye of the entire village when he beat Neji). But he's not likely to give up on it, especially since it's now tied in with Tsunade's deceased loved ones.

I'm just saying Naruto is still a bit of a dumbass, despite his accomplishments in terms of power. It takes more than that to become a Chuunin (the Jounins in the audience basically confirmed that) let alone a Hokage. He needs some time to grow up, which should mean he'll wisen up once he gets older.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-24, 07:42   Link #22
Yakushi-san
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Well... he IS in fact only 12 years old. Let's cut him some slack, eh?
Yakushi-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-24, 07:51   Link #23
Gevurah
What you say?!?!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In a place where I don't want to...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd
That's what I said :P
I don't think he realized that Akatsuki means Dawn. I was kinda questioning why you were mentioning Dawn when talking about Itachi.
__________________

"I appear to be a plushie, but my heart is that of a wolf." - Kon
Gevurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-24, 07:55   Link #24
Yakushi-san
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gevurah
I don't think he realized that Akatsuki means Dawn. I was kinda questioning why you were mentioning Dawn when talking about Itachi.
Akatsuki doesn't mean Dawn... It means Red Dawn...

Aka means Red right? So does Tsuki mean Dawn?
Yakushi-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-24, 08:13   Link #25
Trax
Rock beats scissors
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushi-san
Well... he IS in fact only 12 years old. Let's cut him some slack, eh?
Sure, he's still a kid. But some of the discussion above was about his need to change if he wants to become Hokage so that's why I brought it up.

By the way, doing episodes about other team's missions seems like a decent way to provide filler episodes without messing up the main plot.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-24, 14:53   Link #26
Yakushi-san
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax
Sure, he's still a kid. But some of the discussion above was about his need to change if he wants to become Hokage so that's why I brought it up.

By the way, doing episodes about other team's missions seems like a decent way to provide filler episodes without messing up the main plot.
I'd like to see the strategy that Shikamaru mentioned about him using Kage Mane no Jutsu, and then Ino uses Shintenshin no Jutsu. I can imagine how it goes, but I'd like to see it anyway
Yakushi-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-24, 15:21   Link #27
Yogi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
A story about Shikamaru could be interesting. It would be drastically diffrent in tone though, with each battle being a complex mind game between the two opponents (or Shikamaru trying to cope with a huge power diffrence using his intellect).
Yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 18:09   Link #28
SpyderSidiouss
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: PA
naruto wasted on naruto, thats pretty good... and it was most of the time especially in the beginning, what an annoying character.
SpyderSidiouss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 18:16   Link #29
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderSidiouss View Post
naruto wasted on naruto, thats pretty good... and it was most of the time especially in the beginning, what an annoying character.
If the only thing you're going to write in ever post you make is that "Naruto is annoying" without giving any reason other than personal opinion... then...

You're just spamming.
__________________

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
TwilightHack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 18:51   Link #30
SpyderSidiouss
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
If the only thing you're going to write in ever post you make is that "Naruto is annoying" without giving any reason other than personal opinion... then...

You're just spamming.
wrong again "twilight". its so widely known why hes annoying that i dont even have to state reasons everytime i write it... like if i mentioned in like 2 threads that jiraiya is a pervert, and some goon comes along to all the threads i wrote it and called it spam just because i didnt give a reason.

do i have to state reasons why hinata or tamari looks good? or if i said that orochimaru is a sick bastard would i have to explain it? lol, and you just posted that sasuke was an idiot in the other thread, and i dont remember reading a reason from you either.... quit hating.... hater.
SpyderSidiouss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 19:20   Link #31
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderSidiouss View Post
naruto wasted on naruto, thats pretty good... and it was most of the time especially in the beginning, what an annoying character.
If you were so annoyed with the main character, why did you stick around for 350 or so chapters (before the Uchiha arc kicked in). It couldn't have been for Sasuke since he had no where near enough true screen time in the series (before he defected) to warrant staying with the series (not to mention the 80 or so chapters in which he never appeared at the begining of Part II), and you do not seem to be a Sakura fan (). So, why did you even continue reading if you found the main character annoying from the very begining?

That being said, I partially disagree with you. Naruto did not start out annoying, rather he became annoying (more so in Part II than in Part I). Specifically, he was pigeon-holed into the role of "underdog" and literally forced to keep a 10 year-old mentality in a 14-15-year-old body. So, his once cute jokes (for an 11-12 year old) became annoying and repetitive once his body grew up.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 20:42   Link #32
SpyderSidiouss
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
If you were so annoyed with the main character, why did you stick around for 350 or so chapters (before the Uchiha arc kicked in).
Maybe it being a good manga might have something to do with it… Im not going to quit reading a good manga altogether because one of the characters is acting like a goof ball.


Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
It couldn't have been for Sasuke since he had no where near enough true screen time in the series (before he defected) to warrant staying with the series (not to mention the 80 or so chapters in which he never appeared at the begining of Part II), and you do not seem to be a Sakura fan ().
Eeerrrrmmm… This may surprise some of you but not EVERYTHING revolves around sasuke, sasuke isn’t the only reason im reading the manga, and in your little paragraph here you assuming that sasuke is the only reason why someone would like this manga lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
Specifically, he was pigeon-holed into the role of "underdog" and literally forced to keep a 10 year-old mentality in a 14-15-year-old body. So, his once cute jokes (for an 11-12 year old) became annoying and repetitive once his body grew up.
Lmao, yeah, he was forced to be a buffoon… do you guys really read the manga? Just like jiraiya was before him, an annoying buffoon always stirring up trouble but will still be strong when he gets older. That’s the way it is guys, naruto is the buffoon (like jiarya used to be) sakura is the mean girl that beats up on people (like tsunade), and sasuke is the cool popular guy that just had talent from day one( like oro… except I don’t think the girls liked his crazy ass). I don’t know why people try to fight it so much, its just too obvious, not only does the manga say it like 300 times but all their trainers were just like them lmao.
SpyderSidiouss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 21:14   Link #33
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderSidiouss View Post
Maybe it being a good manga might have something to do with it… Im not going to quit reading a good manga altogether because one of the characters is acting like a goof ball.
Naruto is the main character, 80% or more of the first 343 chapters are solely dedicated to Naruto (Sasuke does not get any chapter solely dedicated to himself until his flashback in Chapter 219). So, if you are going to complain that you did not like the main character from the very begining, then you are more or less saying that you do not like the majority of the manga. So, why are you still reading if you do not like the majority of the manga?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderSidiouss View Post
Eeerrrrmmm… This may surprise some of you but not EVERYTHING revolves around sasuke, sasuke isn’t the only reason im reading the manga, and in your little paragraph here you assuming that sasuke is the only reason why someone would like this manga lol.
As for my discussion of Sasuke and Sakura...well, they are the only other characters with any amount of focus (they are the main secondary characters (along with Kakashi), with Sasuke firmly ahead of Sakura). So, of course Team 7would be the main draw for the series. I doubt you will find many people that would sit through 407 chapters of the series for Hinata, or Ino, or Neji, or any of the other plethora of characters that get little to no screentime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderSidiouss View Post
Lmao, yeah, he was forced to be a buffoon… do you guys really read the manga? Just like jiraiya was before him, an annoying buffoon always stirring up trouble but will still be strong when he gets older. That’s the way it is guys, naruto is the buffoon (like jiarya used to be) sakura is the mean girl that beats up on people (like tsunade), and sasuke is the cool popular guy that just had talent from day one( like oro… except I don’t think the girls liked his crazy ass). I don’t know why people try to fight it so much, its just too obvious, not only does the manga say it like 300 times but all their trainers were just like them lmao.
I did not mean anything in the story forced him to be an imbecile, I meant that Kishimoto has decided to solely write Naruto as an imbecile, something that is driving away fans of the manga (and no, not just Naruto fans, but fans of all characters: the ratings for the manga, as a whole, have been down across the board...there is a reason that the prestigious cover of next weeks 40th Anniversry Shounen Jump Issue is a One Piece cover and not a Naruto cover).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 22:33   Link #34
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderSidiouss View Post
wrong again "twilight". its so widely known why hes annoying that i dont even have to state reasons everytime i write it... like if i mentioned in like 2 threads that jiraiya is a pervert, and some goon comes along to all the threads i wrote it and called it spam just because i didnt give a reason.

do i have to state reasons why hinata or tamari looks good? or if i said that orochimaru is a sick bastard would i have to explain it? lol, and you just posted that sasuke was an idiot in the other thread, and i dont remember reading a reason from you either.... quit hating.... hater.
You're one entertaining person you know that?

I hope that you can come up with something better than the "You're a hater" defense. It wont work against me because I'm not blind. I was more than open to accepting Sasuke back into good graces after Chp 401.. but his decision in Chp 402 squashed that.

As for reasonings, I've just been too lazy.

First off I never disagreed with you because Naruto IS annoying. Like you said that's no secret... but saying it in every other post is rather pointless. After all, it's who Kishi made him out to be. Surprisingly enough if you think about it, Naruto is essentially the same Naruto we met in Chapter 1. He's matured very little and that's just sad.

I've been staying with the manga hoping one day that Naruto will mature. Jiraiya's death will probably do the trick but we don't know since Kishi has a good way of making Naruto take 3 steps back for ever step forward. Case and point, Futon: Rasenshuriken.

Imo, post-timeskip "Naruto" has been wasted on Naruto because "Naruto" has been for the showcase of Sasuke.

Edit -

Imo, post-timeskip Naruto has been wasted on "Naruto" because "Naruto" has been for the showcase of Sasuke.

@james3wk - I got the same feeling, I still remember when this place was bustling with activity even on no-chapter weeks. Now its hard to get through the week. I mean what's Naruto coming to when the Bleach forum is more active?
__________________

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...

Last edited by TwilightHack; 2008-07-12 at 03:32. Reason: fixing misplaced quotation marks
TwilightHack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 00:48   Link #35
SpyderSidiouss
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: PA
Spoiler for lol:




Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
I meant that Kishimoto has decided to solely write Naruto as an imbecile, something that is driving away fans of the manga
Huh? he decided ? bwwwaaahahaha. ***news flash***, naruto has been an imbecile from page one of the manga; if naruto being an imbecile drove away fans then naruto would NEVER EVER be on the cover of jump and they wouldnt have any fans to begin with LMAO


***



Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
I hope that you can come up with something better than the "You're a hater" defense.
I don’t need to, the truth and logic make a better defense than gaaras sand; and its more than enough to deal with you.

Spoiler for manga:


Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
As for reasonings, I've just been too lazy.
Of course you have. /pat pat

(pssst, to you other guys reading: the real reason is cause he’s a hater…)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
First off I never disagreed with you because Naruto IS annoying. Like you said that's no secret... but saying it in every other post is rather pointless.
Bwwwahahahaha, tell this to all the OTHER sasuke haters around here, its gotten so bad that you guys talk about him more than the fan boys do LMAO.

Last edited by Hunter; 2008-07-12 at 23:25.
SpyderSidiouss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 00:57   Link #36
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderSidiouss View Post
Of course you have. /pat pat

(pssst, to you other guys reading: the real reason is cause he’s a hater…)
@ SpyderSidiouss

Are you that desperate? You've just sealed the deal. By disregarding the rest of my post and then going quickly on to calling me a hater... obviously you don't have anything else left to come at me with.

I gave you what you wanted, a reason for what I said and think... and now all you can do is call hater on me. I'm disappointed, I expected more.

I'm sorry, but I'm done playing with someone who can't come up with a half-decent argument.

Edit:


Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderSidiouss View Post
I don’t need to, the truth and logic make a better defense than gaaras sand; and its more than enough to deal with you.
Truth and logic works against you in this case. If in your next post you can semi-prove otherwise, I might just reply again.
__________________

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...

Last edited by TwilightHack; 2008-07-12 at 01:16. Reason: Addition
TwilightHack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 01:22   Link #37
SpyderSidiouss
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post

Are you that desperate? You've just sealed the deal.
Sounds like someone needs to seal the liquor cabinet form you cause you’re trying to talk about 1 topic across multiple threads at the same time…. I know its late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
By disregarding the rest of my post and then going quickly on to calling me a hater... obviously you don't have anything else left to come at me with.
Eeerrrmmm… now you can scroll up and realize that your “reasons” aren’t even in this thread… You posted your reasons for sasuke being an idiot in the "What would ruin naruto for you" thread; I think you're done playing too....
SpyderSidiouss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 01:46   Link #38
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderSidiouss View Post
Sounds like someone needs to seal the liquor cabinet form you cause you’re trying to talk about 1 topic across multiple threads at the same time…. I know its late.

Eeerrrmmm… now you can scroll up and realize that your “reasons” aren’t even in this thread… You posted your reasons for sasuke being an idiot in the "What would ruin naruto for you" thread; I think you're done playing too....
This is just to clear things up, and a simple reply will suffice.

I did not drag me calling Sasuke an idiot here, you did. I had tried to stay on topic but you chose to see what you wanted to see and called me on that.

Spoiler for saving space/proof:

And you're right, my reasons are on another thread because that's where the argument is. Why should I re-list reasons and start a debate here when they're obviously in that thread.

Don't pin this dragging 1 topic across multiple threads on me because I clearly didn't do it. I merely replied what you wanted to address in my post.

I don't think there's anything else to say here.
__________________

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
TwilightHack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 02:44   Link #39
SpyderSidiouss
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: PA
once again "twilight", you are defeated by logic.

Spoiler for lol:



Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
First off I never disagreed with you because Naruto IS annoying. Like you said that's no secret... but saying it in every other post is rather pointless.
as pointless as the countless haters constantly ragging on sauske even though the guy maybe two posts above them ( or maybe even right above them, and/or in like 3 other threads) already said the same things… but I guess that wouldn't be a problem for you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
After all, it's who Kishi made him out to be. Surprisingly enough if you think about it, Naruto is essentially the same Naruto we met in Chapter 1. He's matured very little and that's just sad.
Just about. He’s only a little less annoying but still a buffoon.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
I've been staying with the manga hoping one day that Naruto will mature. Jiraiya's death will probably do the trick but we don't know since Kishi has a good way of making Naruto take 3 steps back for ever step forward. Case and point, Futon: Rasenshuriken.
You got a point about that, it seems the whole damn training session was a total waste of time; what the hell did we sit down and read that for if hes never gonna use the blasted thing.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
Imo, post-timeskip "Naruto" has been wasted on Naruto because "Naruto" has been for the showcase of Sasuke.
This makes no sense. To be wasted on naruto the show would have to focus on him, if its not focusing on him its not wasting anything on him. You should have said the show WASTES NARUTO.

Last edited by SpyderSidiouss; 2008-07-12 at 02:56.
SpyderSidiouss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 03:28   Link #40
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
It's pretty obvious that if I respond in full here you'll just come up with another bs response. I don't intend to waste any more time than I already have.

All I can say is I admit the slip-up in my earlier post. A simple thing such as misplaced quotation marks can do that. My post should read,

- Imo, post-timeskip Naruto has been wasted on "Naruto" because "Naruto" has been for the showcase of Sasuke.

"Naruto" being the manga.
__________________

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
TwilightHack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.