AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-08-14, 12:14   Link #201
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Here's a good take on Evolve 7 from Aboutgundamwing:

Gundam Evolve 7: Tertiary. Though it offers no real contradiction, Evolve 7 is somewhat hard to place within the timeline of Gundam Wing. The use of Virgo IIs and Dr. J being alive place it within the show's span, but there exists no real period of time in which Heero has Wing Zero and is in space alone, meaning that he had to specifically leave the Peacemillion without telling the others to deal with the colony cannon. I doubt this happened while he was "on the way" to rescue Relena. However, I suspect that this event takes place during the 12-day gap between Episodes 45 and 46. Firstly, in 45, Relena notices Dr. J in Libra's hangar while Dorothy is showing off the new Mercurius and Vayeate, but makes no effort to talk to him; perhaps she was waiting for a time when she could have a more private conversation. Secondly, as seen in the later chapters of G-Unit, White Fang wasn't putting all its eggs in the one basket that is Libra, so having a back-up WMD seems reasonable. Thirdly, at the end of 45, Duo tells Heero that Relena is on Libra, but he still takes almost two weeks to decide to rescue her; given his loner nature, it's easy to imagine Heero not talking with the guys, but taking on the colony cannon mission solo as a way to clear his head, so to speak. In any event, Evolve 7 doesn't offer much expansion to the universe, just a five-minute, computer-generated jaunt, and therefore can fit in pretty well.
__________________
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 17:58   Link #202
Kitsoru
:3c
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
I've seen the Evolve short before, however that doesn't mean that it's post Endless Waltz or anything. While the two things that Doctor J said at the beginning certainly relate, it doesn't mean anything. That and if people are going on it based on the Gundam design showcased, you have to remember that the cosmetic different doesn't mean anything... it's still the same Gundam in the end. I think people are grasping at straws with this one...
Almost the entire dialogue and the actions of which they're speaking save Relena's is from it. I don't see where you're NOT getting it from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Here's a good take on Evolve 7 from Aboutgundamwing:

Gundam Evolve 7: Tertiary. Though it offers no real contradiction, Evolve 7 is somewhat hard to place within the timeline of Gundam Wing. The use of Virgo IIs and Dr. J being alive place it within the show's span, but there exists no real period of time in which Heero has Wing Zero and is in space alone, meaning that he had to specifically leave the Peacemillion without telling the others to deal with the colony cannon. I doubt this happened while he was "on the way" to rescue Relena. However, I suspect that this event takes place during the 12-day gap between Episodes 45 and 46. Firstly, in 45, Relena notices Dr. J in Libra's hangar while Dorothy is showing off the new Mercurius and Vayeate, but makes no effort to talk to him; perhaps she was waiting for a time when she could have a more private conversation. Secondly, as seen in the later chapters of G-Unit, White Fang wasn't putting all its eggs in the one basket that is Libra, so having a back-up WMD seems reasonable. Thirdly, at the end of 45, Duo tells Heero that Relena is on Libra, but he still takes almost two weeks to decide to rescue her; given his loner nature, it's easy to imagine Heero not talking with the guys, but taking on the colony cannon mission solo as a way to clear his head, so to speak. In any event, Evolve 7 doesn't offer much expansion to the universe, just a five-minute, computer-generated jaunt, and therefore can fit in pretty well.
This is from aboutgundamwing.com, a very good series resource (my go-to place). However, that site hasn't been updated in about 3 years (Last Update: 16|Nov|2007), and is speaking from that perspective (that is, that Wing is a closed book).

New material, new perspective.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 03:57   Link #203
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
This is from aboutgundamwing.com, a very good series resource (my go-to place). However, that site hasn't been updated in about 3 years (Last Update: 16|Nov|2007), and is speaking from that perspective (that is, that Wing is a closed book).

New material, new perspective.
AboutGW hasn't been updated in ages but it's take on Evolve 7 has little to with whether the AC could be expanded on in the future in my opinion. Taking a look at GW's timeline, you have to wonder whether Evolve 7 ever occurred because you'd think a weapon like the colony cannon would be mentioned somewhere in the series.

Whether it happened or not, Wing Zero's presence is prrof Evolve happened within GW and not after EW.
__________________
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 22:19   Link #204
Kitsoru
:3c
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
AboutGW hasn't been updated in ages but it's take on Evolve 7 has little to with whether the AC could be expanded on in the future in my opinion. Taking a look at GW's timeline, you have to wonder whether Evolve 7 ever occurred because you'd think a weapon like the colony cannon would be mentioned somewhere in the series.

Whether it happened or not, Wing Zero's presence is prrof Evolve happened within GW and not after EW.
I...didn't say it did....? I said that from the point they were speaking about, there was no signal that AC would be expanded upon- it was, as far as they knew, a closed book. Hence, they had to figure it out within the framework given and known at the time. As for 'whether it occurred', obviously it did if it's being spoken about in the novel. I'm not sure where you're seeing a dispute when it's clearly explained right in the novel.

...How is that proof, exactly? This conversation took place BEFORE EW, after GW (Spring 196), which means that this mission probably did happen (but at the very least, COULD HAVE happened) before EW.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 14:21   Link #205
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
I...didn't say it did....? I said that from the point they were speaking about, there was no signal that AC would be expanded upon- it was, as far as they knew, a closed book. Hence, they had to figure it out within the framework given and known at the time. As for 'whether it occurred', obviously it did if it's being spoken about in the novel. I'm not sure where you're seeing a dispute when it's clearly explained right in the novel.

...How is that proof, exactly? This conversation took place BEFORE EW, after GW (Spring 196), which means that this mission probably did happen (but at the very least, COULD HAVE happened) before EW.

My bad.

I get your first point now. Yes, considering the AC universe looked to be done expanding at the time after EW, AboutGW's viewpoint isn't completely valid.

And you're right, the words "anti-Earth colony-type beam cannon" are clearly there in the prologue. And in theory, the chain of events makes perfect sense: the White Fang creates the beam cannon in secret(somehow), Heero destroyed it and the ESUN decided to create Preventer.
__________________
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 18:28   Link #206
Kitsoru
:3c
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
And in theory, the chain of events makes perfect sense: the White Fang creates the beam cannon in secret(somehow), Heero destroyed it and the ESUN decided to create Preventer.
That's actually a really good theory of why/when exactly Preventer may have come into being, considering there was no whispers of them any time before EW happened and yet suddenly they had come into being by the OVA's. The President mentions giving 'your office sufficient funds to prevent occurrences(? don't remember the exact quote) like this' to Une in the phonecall in EW... If he founded the department then the department could only have come into being after the government was formed and he was elected, which couldn't have happened that soon after series end. Preventer must have been just in its infancy by EW....
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 19:06   Link #207
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
That's actually a really good theory of why/when exactly Preventer may have come into being, considering there was no whispers of them any time before EW happened and yet suddenly they had come into being by the OVA's. The President mentions giving 'your office sufficient funds to prevent occurrences(? don't remember the exact quote) like this' to Une in the phonecall in EW... If he founded the department then the department could only have come into being after the government was formed and he was elected, which couldn't have happened that soon after series end. Preventer must have been just in its infancy by EW....

Agreed. Developments like these make me even more excited for this novel.
__________________
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 14:40   Link #208
wingzerosnuggles
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Decided to browse Japanese blogs before bed. From what little I could ascertain, new Gundam Ace is still set for 8/26 and not 8/22 like I thought. Demmit. Kouryakukan got my hopes up since last issue was released 7/22 and the blog post went up that same day. *waits impatiently*

Last edited by wingzerosnuggles; 2010-08-22 at 16:50.
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 15:25   Link #209
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
I wonder if we'll see official art of any characters in the new issue.
__________________
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 18:10   Link #210
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Gundam Ace almost always goes on sale the 25th/26th of every month.
__________________
「では、人間は、何故、戦うのか?
戦うことに存在意義があるのかもしれない。
戦っている人間には充実感がある。
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And itís also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 18:35   Link #211
Star-Wing
Covered in Darkness
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Missing~
Send a message via MSN to Star-Wing
I can't wait either <3 I want more pics too.....let's celebrate the release with something...like wallpapers/avatars
Btw, can someone tell me whether I can find Gundam Wing renders/extracts somewhere? I made two GW sigs, but both renders are by me....I was hoping I could find some around...I want to try out more GW sigs.
__________________
Star-Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-23, 09:47   Link #212
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 3 times the passion of the usual flamenco
*wonders if these have been posted here*


__________________

On Simple Solutions: "I bought the airline. It seemed neater."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-23, 09:53   Link #213
Star-Wing
Covered in Darkness
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Missing~
Send a message via MSN to Star-Wing
^
No, they haven't!!! Thanks for sharing <3333333
__________________
Star-Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-23, 10:26   Link #214
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
So that's why Bandai made a MG Katoki Deathsycthe...
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-23, 12:23   Link #215
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: GUNDAM CITY
Wing gundam katoki is lovely
__________________
GundamMeisterLockon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-23, 14:23   Link #216
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamMeisterLockon View Post
Wing gundam katoki is lovely
Agreed. Katoki is a genius.
__________________
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-23, 14:30   Link #217
Kitsoru
:3c
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Lovely art- those don't appear to be old screencaps, but rather new style art. What specifically are those scans for? Advertising the new MG Deathscythe Ka, the new comic, or something else/related...?

I'm not always a fan of Katoki, as I've stated before, but his Wing redesign is one of the few I find more than just aesthetically appealing. I like his redesigns so long as they don't take away from the in-universe function of the mobile suit, basically.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-23, 14:49   Link #218
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
Lovely art- those don't appear to be old screencaps, but rather new style art. What specifically are those scans for? Advertising the new MG Deathscythe Ka, the new comic, or something else/related...?

I'm not always a fan of Katoki, as I've stated before, but his Wing redesign is one of the few I find more than just aesthetically appealing. I like his redesigns so long as they don't take away from the in-universe function of the mobile suit, basically.
I think they're probably advertising then new EW manga.
__________________
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-23, 15:00   Link #219
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Forgive my ignornace, but what exactly is this "new" Endless Waltz manga?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-23, 15:07   Link #220
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Details it seems:

* The contents of the capsule are of Heero himself. (Leader? Or what?)
* Treize is the leader Heero Yuy's great nephew.
* Born between Angelina, who is the only daughter of a Romafeller Foundation representative and Ein Yuy who is Heero Yuy's nephew.
* Van Kushrenada is the younger brother from a different father (I have no idea)
__________________
「では、人間は、何故、戦うのか?
戦うことに存在意義があるのかもしれない。
戦っている人間には充実感がある。
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And itís also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gundam wing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.