AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-05-03, 23:10   Link #41
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
It was a good episode, but, much like most of the second season; it was too on the nose. The best episodes of Boondocks are the episodes not dealing with any specific political agenda.
I think McGruder felt obligated to have an Obama episode, since he doing a satire on Black culture and all.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 23:34   Link #42
james0246

^That's even more reason McGruder shouldn't have done an episode devoted entirely to Obama (it certainly doesn't help that many of the same jokes were made more than a year ago in various other shows). It would have been far more entertaining if the family simply existed the way they had before, with only Uncle Ruckus being upset, or in any way vocal, about the election of Obama. That would have been far more poignant than Huey "retiring"...but, whatever, Boondocks is back, and we should simply be happy with that . (Can't wait for the next episode, it looks like it could be great.)

Last edited by james0246; 2010-05-04 at 00:07.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 07:07   Link #43
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
I think you mean Riley, but you said you hate him so it must be someone else. (Cuz theres no way anyone can hate Riley)
yea I get their names confused a lot, which ever the one thats always a little punk.
Old 2010-05-04, 21:34   Link #44
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
yea I get their names confused a lot, which ever the one thats always a little punk.
Don't be a hater.
Old 2010-05-19, 14:11   Link #45
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
anyone know if it's possible to watch the 2nd ep somewhere online? I know adult swim has the 3rd ep up but not the first or 2nd, only in clips...
Old 2010-06-15, 09:53   Link #46
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Sweet! A Boondocks thread! I usually just browse most of the threads on the forums, but I really liked the original newspaper strip and the TV show is one of my favorites so I can't resist.

I'm glad they brought it back for a 3rd season, and the new season is damn good too. The art is crisper and the animation is better. The recent episode featuring the Stinkmeaner crew and the latest with Riley becoming the candybar fundraiser kingpin of Woodcrest are already classics.

The one thing I really want to see is introducing Caesar from the comic strip. They'd have to change/exaggerate his personality somehow like they did with all the other characters but he'd be a great addition.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 10:37   Link #47
james0246

Spoiler for My little review of the season to date...:
Old 2010-06-15, 12:58   Link #48
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Spoiler:
I think it's a little better when you take into account that it's based (loosely) on a true story.
But yeah, the horror parody was a little too heavy and sucked some of the humor from the episode.

Old 2010-06-15, 14:40   Link #49
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Does anyone know the name of that synth-rock song with the synthesized voice during the shootout in 'The Fundraiser'? I've been looking since I heard it and I still can't find it.
Old 2010-06-15, 21:10   Link #50
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I think it's a little better when you take into account that it's based (loosely) on a true story.
But yeah, the horror parody was a little too heavy and sucked some of the humor from the episode.
The Bitches to Rags episode was also based on a real life event.

Old 2010-06-15, 21:30   Link #51
james0246

^Yeah, the Soulja boy stuff in "Bitches to Rags" was super fun, but damn Thugnificent for being so boring .
Old 2010-06-16, 07:15   Link #52
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Does anyone know the name of that synth-rock song with the synthesized voice during the shootout in 'The Fundraiser'? I've been looking since I heard it and I still can't find it.
I wish I knew. The lyrics were hard to make it out, tried Googling it but got nothing. It's probably from a movie soundtrack (likely a Guy Ritchie film) but not one I can remember.

Quote:
^Yeah, the Soulja boy stuff in "Bitches to Rags" was super fun, but damn Thugnificent for being so boring .
That's the kind of the point with Thugnificent's character though. He's all talk. Even though he's got the fame and the fortune he and the Lethal Interjection crew basically just sit around his mansion doing nothing. But he's probably been reduced to mostly cameo roles now that he's just a normal UPS worker.

I actually find Huey to be the most boring character. I like him, but apart from kicking ass with his martial arts skills he mostly sits around the house telling Granddad and Riley "I told you so" when their schemes go wrong. As the main character, they really need to give more screen time to Huey. The show has gotten Riley-centric

Old 2010-06-16, 15:04   Link #53
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Lol I don't know how many of you guys are rap fans, but Thugnificent being a UPS man is a reference in itself.

"You're mad cause my style you're admiring. Don't be mad, UPS is hiring"
Old 2010-06-19, 00:18   Link #54
Blayne Barudorii

For a second I was confused as the Obama-voice alike they got sounds eeeirely similar to Obama, then he swore.

edit: just me or is Sarah Dubois kinda bitchy in the first episode?
- "I used to think spells equaled power, too. Back when I was alive... You know what equals power? Power equals power. Crazy huh? ... If you can lose it by blowing two will saves then you never had power to begin with." - Xykon's much needed Hannibal Lecture to Varsuvius.

If your interested in an Oots style avatar please feel free to PM me and we can work out the details then.
Blayne Barudorii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 14:19   Link #55
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/ente...ler-perry.html
Quote:
Tyler Perry, who has two shows on Turner Broadcasting’s TBS cable channel (“House of Payne” and “Meet the Browns”) was furious about a recent episode of the animated series “The Boondocks” that ran on Cartoon Network’s Adult Swim programming block. Cartoon Network also is owned by Turner Broadcasting.

The episode in question — “Pause” — which first ran June 20, lampooned Perry, the creator of several hit movies, some of whom star him as Madea, an eccentric grandmother whose antics often land her in hot water. The show, which is executive produced by Aaron McGruder, who also created the now-defunct comic strip of the same name, featured a thinly veiled version of Perry named Winston Jerome. In the episode, Jerome is shown to be a closeted cross-dresser who uses religion to hide his lifestyle.

Soon after the episode aired, Perry got in touch with executives at Turner including entertainment chief Steve Koonin and Phil Kent, the chief executive of Turner Broadcasting. Perry complained loudly about the episode and even threatened to rethink his relationship with the company, people familiar with the situation said. A spokesman for Perry declined to comment.

Kent, who is a low-key executive but also a former talent agent, put his skills to work and acknowledged to Perry that the actor-producer should have been given a warning about the episode. The show, which has aired twice, is not scheduled to air again on Cartoon Network, although the company would not say if it has been banned from the channel.
Old 2010-07-02, 14:46   Link #56
Gin
*Artist

Figures that Tyler Perry is incapable of taking a joke. He's proved time and time again, through his 'shows' and 'movies' that he is incapable of writing jokes.

I wonder if Chris Hansen will have any thing to say about having his likeness raped in last week's episode.
Old 2010-07-16, 23:17   Link #57
solomon

I have only recently come around to the 3rd season. Overall 3 out of 4 stars so far....

However approximately half of the episode A Date with the Booty Warrior is ABSOLUTELY CLASSIC.

Specifically;

Spoiler for spolier:
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-24, 14:37   Link #58
james0246

Now that the season has ended...

Spoiler for ratings for the rest of the season...:
Old 2010-08-24, 17:20   Link #59
Gin
*Artist

As james pointed out, lot of this season's jokes felt very dated, I think the extra long break between seasons really hurt the Boondocks. If it wasn't for the break, this season would have been spectacular.
Old 2010-08-24, 18:26   Link #60
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

It was announced by McGruder that this would be the last season, but apparently, Sony and Adult Swim have other ideas. . .

Meanwhile, McGruder is producing a NBC show starring Don Cheadle, so if The Boondocks is continued, there will likely be a long hiatus again.