AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-08-24, 09:55   Link #1601
Rungelunge
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
This would be the price. (I think it's from 2chan)
Rungelunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-24, 10:49   Link #1602
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Age: 30
Oh wow, are they FINALLY getting around to giving the TV series Blu-ray treatment?... or was this confirmed ages ago?
... time to mark calendar

Now why on earth would Haruhi-chan need to have 1080p treatment? Sure it gave me a lots of good laughs every episode, in fact it was one of the funniest things I've watched (Asakura Achakura scenes come to mind^^)... but come on, seriously, there's not really much detail in the actual drawing for it to benefit from Blu-Ray.
Well, suppose the same could be said fro the K-ON! specials...
__________________

禁則事項です
Mecha_Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-24, 10:53   Link #1603
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax Send a message via Skype™ to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
Oh wow, are they FINALLY getting around to giving the TV series Blu-ray treatment?... or was this confirmed ages ago?
... time to mark calendar
The Blu-ray Complete box was confirmed on 07/06/2010 to be released on 10/22. About a week later the date was moved to 11/26. More information (including cover art thanks to HMV) is in the merch thread.
__________________

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-24, 20:51   Link #1604
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax Send a message via Skype™ to ultimatemegax
Double-posting to prove that the listing is the same that was linked earlier:


Taken with a camera instead of screen capture to prove it's not fake. I also screwed up in my translation. It's a Limited Edition Nagato Steel Book instead of special pack.
__________________

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-24, 23:40   Link #1605
CrowKenobi
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: there... just there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Taken with a camera instead of screen capture to prove it's not fake. I also screwed up in my translation. It's a Limited Edition Nagato Steel Book instead of special pack.
Steel Book??

More info please!
__________________



CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 10:22   Link #1606
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax Send a message via Skype™ to ultimatemegax
Confirmed for 12/18
Source: AV Watch

LE BD: 9450 yen (includes Bonus Features BD Disc and cut scenes scenario collection)
RE BE: 8400 yen
LE DVD: 7980 yen (includes Bonus Features DVD Disc)
RE DVD: 6930 yen

BD will have Linear PCM audio while DVD will have Dolby 5.1.

Bonus features on the LE disc (150 minutes):
Location scouting
BGM recording session
Dubbing recording session
Both Stage greetings
and the making of the PV for Yasashii Boukyaku
__________________

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2010-08-25 at 10:54.
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 10:55   Link #1607
Gyom
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: France
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Gyom Send a message via Skype™ to Gyom
Any indication about english subs ?
Gyom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 11:06   Link #1608
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax Send a message via Skype™ to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyom View Post
Any indication about english subs ?
Not looking good. CD Japan states none. Kinokuniya states none. Most importantly, Chara-ani states none and they're usually close with Kadokawa on Haruhi goods.

Edit: Kadokawa has the url up, but the site isn't accessible yet.
__________________

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2010-08-25 at 11:48.
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 11:22   Link #1609
Gyom
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: France
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Gyom Send a message via Skype™ to Gyom
The amzon special edition is up to : http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B003RITZ0I/
Gyom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 12:27   Link #1610
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax Send a message via Skype™ to ultimatemegax
With the special Steel Book case from Amazon (linked right above by Gyom), here are the other special bonuses that we know of right now.

7netshopping special bonus: Original mousepad

AmiAmi special bonus: Jigsaw puzzle

Animate special bonus: Yuki embrace pillowcase drawn by Noizi Ito as well as 2 A3 size clear posters Poster sample

Chara-Ani special bonus: Telephone card drawn by Noizi Ito

Family Mart (love the reference!) special bonus: IC Card sticker

Gamers special bonus: Clear Poster Sample Image, desktop calendar, and Nagato clear bookmark set

HMV special bonus: original telephone card Sample image and Nagato's Message bookmark set

Kinokuniya special bonus: Nagato's Message bookmark set (from both Shoushitsu and Yuutsu)

KyoAni Shop! special bonus: Special muffler towel (Kyounen!Haruhi ver.)

Messe Sanoh special bonus: Original telephone card

Rakuten special bonus:Nagato's message bookmark set

Sofmap special bonus: Telephone card Image sample + Special B2 Poster. If you purchase the BD Box as well, you will get a special Theatre poster.

Tsutaya special bonus: Original B6 clear file Sample Image

Toranoana special bonus: A3 size tapestry with an image drawn by Ito-sensei. If you purchase the BD Box as well, you will get a life-sized tapestry. Combined purchase tapestry image

Tower Records special bonus: Holographic Christmas card:Sample Image

Edit: Kadokawa has finally put up their page and don't mention English subtitles.
__________________

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2010-10-18 at 06:52.
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 21:12   Link #1611
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyom View Post
The amzon special edition is up to : http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B003RITZ0I/
And as everyone suspected, the release date is 18th of December.
KyoAni just loves to pull that sort of thing.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 21:13   Link #1612
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
And as everyone suspected, the release date is 18th of December.
KyoAni just loves to pull that sort of thing.
KyoAni sure do love to make us wait.. Well the movie does take place in the winter so..
__________________
Illya & Miyu from Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ☆ ILLYAMyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: TheEroKing
Signature from: TheEroKing
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 21:37   Link #1613
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
KyoAni sure do love to make us wait.. Well the movie does take place in the winter so..
No, no, no... You miss-understood.
December 18th is the day Haruhi Disappeared.
Just as the re-airing of the first season was exactly 3 years (down to the week) to when the first episode of the original TV show was aired, and most major announcements being released was linked to other important dates. So the Blu-Ray was the same. The Haruhi novels are very exact about when and where did something happen, so much so that the author has a timeline set up for his own use, and he writes new stories and side arcs depending on which bits of the school term was available to slot in his plot. The existence of time travel allows him to be a bit more flexible and not be stuck with the 700 or so days that exists between when Kyon first met Haruhi and when Mikuru is due to graduate highschool.
(On that note, there is only 1 year left from book 9. Who knows what happens to Mikuru at her graduation? Will the books end? Will she be held back? Or would Adult Mikuru show up as her replacement in the form of a teaching?)
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 22:38   Link #1614
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
No, no, no... You miss-understood.
December 18th is the day Haruhi Disappeared.
Just as the re-airing of the first season was exactly 3 years (down to the week) to when the first episode of the original TV show was aired, and most major announcements being released was linked to other important dates. So the Blu-Ray was the same. The Haruhi novels are very exact about when and where did something happen, so much so that the author has a timeline set up for his own use, and he writes new stories and side arcs depending on which bits of the school term was available to slot in his plot. The existence of time travel allows him to be a bit more flexible and not be stuck with the 700 or so days that exists between when Kyon first met Haruhi and when Mikuru is due to graduate highschool.
(On that note, there is only 1 year left from book 9. Who knows what happens to Mikuru at her graduation? Will the books end? Will she be held back? Or would Adult Mikuru show up as her replacement in the form of a teaching?)
Oh, by the way you put it, the author is extremely good at planning things o.o

I bet a lot of students will fantasize if Mikuru's older self starts teaching.. Like how Kyon was doing it when he first met her.
__________________
Illya & Miyu from Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ☆ ILLYAMyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: TheEroKing
Signature from: TheEroKing
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 22:45   Link #1615
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Oh, by the way you put it, the author is extremely good at planning things o.o
It's the mark of good writing, and what separates stories that can stand on their own versus stories that only stand on their hype.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 01:53   Link #1616
bayoab
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
And as everyone suspected, the release date is 18th of December.
KyoAni just loves to pull that sort of thing.
Kadokawa, not Kyoani. Kadokawa is in charge of promotion, etc.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 07:18   Link #1617
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax Send a message via Skype™ to ultimatemegax
The official licensor for Taiwan has established their official site for the movie. No screening information has been released yet.
__________________

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 16:11   Link #1618
Qikz
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 24
I really can't wait to see this now. *considers freezing himself until December*
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 10:07   Link #1619
Jill-Jęnn
Music-mad Haruhiist
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Marseille, France
Age: 24
Maybe we're waiting for this film for 3 years because KyoAni wanted to wait for a December 18 falling on a Saturday, so they could release the DVD.
Jill-Jęnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 20:50   Link #1620
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Elkia
Age: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Confirmed for 12/18
Source: AV Watch

LE BD: 9450 yen (includes Bonus Features BD Disc and cut scenes scenario collection)
RE BE: 8400 yen
LE DVD: 7980 yen (includes Bonus Features DVD Disc)
RE DVD: 6930 yen

BD will have Linear PCM audio while DVD will have Dolby 5.1.

Bonus features on the LE disc (150 minutes):
Location scouting
BGM recording session
Dubbing recording session
Both Stage greetings
and the making of the PV for Yasashii Boukyaku
Judas H Priest! 8400 yen (~$98!!) for the "cheapie" BD? Bend over otaku...

Wonder how long before that dips down into the realm of reasonability... Considering shipping to the States alone is going to be $30, I love Haruhi, and I want to buy this blu-ray, English subs or not, but I'm not dropping a c-note on it when Bandai will be releasing it in the US a few months later for well than half the price (and no shipping)... I got bills to pay...
__________________
quigonkenny is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
science fiction, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.