AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-08-27, 22:14   Link #4141
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Academy City
Yes! Volume 8 finished! Thank you so much, Teh_Ping!

I find it frustrating that Accelerator and Touma were so close to meeting and yet it didn't happen. I'd like to see them team up someday somehow. It would be awesome.

Quote:
“Who’s the guy who stole my credit and left so silently!! Is he trying to act cool!!?”
No, he's not you, Touma. I think you have enough flashy heroic moments. You don't need another one.

Quote:
"Misaka doesn’t want to help do the calculations for those who don’t listen, Misaka Misaka tries to protest in a cutesy manner…wa, WAHH! WHY ARE YOU WRAPPING MISAKA’S BODY IN A BLANKET!? MISAKA MISAKA SUDDENLY STARTS TO WORRY ABOUT HER OWN SAFETY!!”
Oh God, I really love those two. They put a smile on my face every time they appear, especially together.

Quote:
Hmm, no love for Mikoto?
I can see why people like her (violent tsundere, DFC, shorts, etc.) but I just can't bring myself to rank her more as just "okay". I don't really know why. Maybe it's Misaka's immature nature I don't like (ex. saying what happened in Konori's past doesn't matter), or maybe it's just because everyone's so madly in love with her that I don't really like her that much. I think it's her tendency to follow justice blindly without considering various factors that makes me annoyed with her.

Touma I don't like because you know every single time he's going to win no matter how insane the circumstances are and give long overbearing preaches throughout the battle. I liked his short appearances in Railgun though.

Maybe I just don't like them because they both are predictable and kind of cookie cutter characters (tsundere and shounen protagonist).
__________________

Last edited by SuzushinaYuriko; 2010-09-02 at 16:36.
SuzushinaYuriko is offline  
Old 2010-08-28, 03:48   Link #4142
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
I think the funny part for vol 08. Is when Last Order suddenly cut off the network connecting on Accelerator making him to unable to talk. Poor guy on a whim of a single little brat.

hmm Misaka being too popular might add why she's not on my favorite list. That's a good reason. When many people hype up to much on her. Though as for touma. I just can't find a reason to hate that guy. His the ideal hero to begin with. To be honest I dream to be like him but 3D are different from 2D.
tsunade666 is offline  
Old 2010-08-28, 11:09   Link #4143
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 24
Honestly, Mikoto is one of my favourite characters. Maybe it's because she's a tsundere but I just like the way she goes about things. Same with Touma, he just lives his life and simply tries to help someone in front of him who needs help, he's a simple kind of guy that isn't simple in the head. I like that.

I also like Kaori. Not only is she amazing hot and quite strong, but she's so serious and awkward at the same time.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline  
Old 2010-08-28, 11:20   Link #4144
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
I can see why people like her (violent tsundere, DFC, shorts, etc.) but I just can't bring myself to rank her more as just "okay". I don't really know why. Maybe it's Misaka's childish nature I don't like (ex. saying what happened in Konori's past doesn't matter), or maybe it's just because everyone's so madly in love with her that I don't really like her that much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
hmm Misaka being too popular might add why she's not on my favorite list. That's a good reason. When many people hype up to much on her.
Same here, just by looking the large amount of fanarts of her with good or bad drawings at danbooru is tiring to see, I need to see different characters!!
__________________
Your last hope!
Miraluka is offline  
Old 2010-08-28, 11:26   Link #4145
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Same here, just by looking the large amount of fanarts of her with good or bad drawings at danbooru is tiring to see, I need to see different characters!!
Right Right! isn't that RIGHT!!!! so we need more freaking ITSUWA and lots more LESSAR FOR ME!!! but the latest volume doesn't give a damn on what happen to her the author even give time to write on how index pawn the necesarius HQ but no info on ITSUWAAAAAAA!!!!! grrrr
tsunade666 is offline  
Old 2010-08-28, 11:39   Link #4146
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Nishishishishi!!
I was talking about manly characters but yeah, you have a good point.
__________________
Your last hope!
Miraluka is offline  
Old 2010-08-28, 11:43   Link #4147
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 大欲界天狗道
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Same here, just by looking the large amount of fanarts of her with good or bad drawings at danbooru is tiring to see, I need to see different characters!!
You say that but try finding some good wallpaper images of her.....pretty hard.


And how about Frenda or Fianma fan art....those are almost non-existent...
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline  
Old 2010-08-28, 11:52   Link #4148
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post

And how about Frenda or Fianma fan art....those are almost non-existent...
I uploaded some of Fiamma arts to danbooru, and about Frenda...to be honest, most of them where with 1/2 Frenda and I don't want that
__________________
Your last hope!
Miraluka is offline  
Old 2010-08-28, 12:11   Link #4149
Ashaman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Age: 24
Although Misaka, Touma and Accel are some of my favourite characters, I can understand why hype would put people off.

I've only read the Baka-Tsuki translated novels, so my knowledge of people like Lessar, Frenda, Itsuwa and the Battle Pope is restricted to what I've read on this forum. (and in Freda's case, the Railgun Manga).

From what I've heard, they're good, but until I read about them in action, I can't really say.

Btw, no love for Index?
__________________
Ashaman is offline  
Old 2010-08-28, 12:16   Link #4150
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 大欲界天狗道
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I uploaded some of Fiamma arts to danbooru, and about Frenda...to be honest, most of them where with 1/2 Frenda and I don't want that



Me either....
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline  
Old 2010-08-28, 12:17   Link #4151
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Btw, no love for Index?
She has, watch the images thread, NOW!
__________________
Your last hope!
Miraluka is offline  
Old 2010-08-28, 12:35   Link #4152
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Index and Mikoto did receive lots of love though Mikoto still dominates it even in comiket.
tsunade666 is offline  
Old 2010-08-28, 17:32   Link #4153
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Age: 21
New character power ranking chart updated for vol 21.

Spoiler:
__________________
BRAVO VINCE
Suzuku is offline  
Old 2010-08-28, 17:40   Link #4154
pampz21
Shipper4Lyf
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: USA
you should put Styl at lower than Kaori or equal to Kaori! cuz he's at Pope level Inocentis that is!
__________________


to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life


pampz21 is offline  
Old 2010-08-28, 17:53   Link #4155
Phibrizzo
Honos628
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Mexico
Lol that list is so wrong, so now for no apparent reason Aureolus Izzard is weaker than Oriana.
Phibrizzo is offline  
Old 2010-08-28, 18:10   Link #4156
Not Random
看著看著你來來去去
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Omnipresent... so everywhere
Age: 20
I think they're variables. No way Aleister is weaker than Last Order.
__________________
Not Random is offline  
Old 2010-08-28, 18:23   Link #4157
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
you should put Styl at lower than Kaori or equal to Kaori! cuz he's at Pope level Inocentis that is!
I didn't make this chart. And just because Stiyl has one pope level spell does not make him anywhere near the level of Kaori or any saint for that matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
Lol that list is so wrong, so now for no apparent reason Aureolus Izzard is weaker than Oriana.
You're misunderstanding the chart, although it's understandbale since you can't read Japanese. There are two Aureolus on the chart. One says "Aureolus Dummy" (when he got freaked out by Touma and went insane) and the other is the calm Aureolus Izzard. The one that is lower than Oriana is "Aureolus Dummy". The regular Aureolus is placed under unknown with Touma, Laura, Aleister, Lidovia, the girl in the dress from SCHOOL, and some other character whose Kanji I can't read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Random View Post
I think they're variables. No way Aleister is weaker than Last Order.
Aleister is under unknown.
__________________
BRAVO VINCE
Suzuku is offline  
Old 2010-08-28, 18:56   Link #4158
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
who's the one beside aqua?


This is the most accurate so far and believable release on power rankings. I don't find any much error aside that gunha should be in unknown. He did trade punches with a freaking majin but that majin is just playing around. His power is unknown though it power ups his physical strength that doesn't still mean that it's that all it can offer.
tsunade666 is offline  
Old 2010-08-28, 19:02   Link #4159
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
who's the one beside aqua?


This is the most accurate so far and believable release on power rankings. I don't find any much error aside that gunha should be in unknown. He did trade punches with a freaking majin but that majin is just playing around. His power is unknown though it power ups his physical strength that doesn't still mean that it's that all it can offer.
Your post is very ironic lol. You're talking about the guy you're asking about. He's Aurrellus, the Majin Sogiita fought (although he's not really a Majin yet).
__________________
BRAVO VINCE
Suzuku is offline  
Old 2010-08-28, 19:20   Link #4160
cubicjack
Kino fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
and some other character whose Kanji I can't read.
Shinrishouaku, a.k.a. Mental Out.

And is that chart incomplete? Because I find it strange that the chart included Terunoa, but not Bardway, Mark Space, Richard Brave and other SS characters, like the older charts did.
cubicjack is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.