AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-06-19, 20:15   Link #881
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Been a while since I've been here, huh? I wanted to promote this fic here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5751381/...sed_Dead_Space, which is a series of short stories all with various horror themes. (And no, they don't all revolve around Ryoko ^^

But if you want to get frightened, read some of these because they really explore into the different types of scenarios within Haruhi Suzumiya. Some are psychological, some are based on real scenes, some are completely different stories in themselves, but they are all truly terrifying and creative.

I co-wrote the last chapter which really got to people, so I hope you guys enjoy glancing this over.
Nukerjsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 04:22   Link #882
s07195
Glomp fail
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hong Kong
0_0
You know I read them at night, right?
__________________
s07195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 06:39   Link #883
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NSW, Australia
Age: 20
Update to my fanfic, Promise of a Lifetime. Enjoy.

oh, also, JONBOB, WHERE ARE YE, I WANT THAT OMAKE FINISHED

Last edited by Khu; 2010-06-23 at 08:28.
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 19:49   Link #884
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
0_0
You know I read them at night, right?
I did say they were horrors...
Nukerjsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 22:28   Link #885
ChairmanMeow
Great Helmscat
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Hey, hope you guys don't mind me shamelessly promoting my one-shot here, since nobody seems willing to read/review it over at the site.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6076867/1/That_Weird_Girl

I just found it really interesting how unreliable Kyon is as a narrator, so I tried to replicate it as best I could on a subject he seems really nervous about. Hope you enjoy reading.
ChairmanMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 10:31   Link #886
Blayne Barudorii
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Hrrm, out of curiosity does anyone know offhand how in canon the characters refer/defer to each other in terms of honorifics? I want to make sure I don't make any mistakes, my impression is:

Kyon uses -San for Nagato, and Asahina.
Sensei for his teacher.
First name basis with Haruhi.

??? For everyone else.

Yuki when speaking of Haruhi seems to use her full name and refers to Kyon as 'you' but I don't think she's ever spoken directly to others by referring to their names.

Koizumi uses I think -san for everyone.

I don't recall what Asahina uses.


My impression is that everyone refers to Kyon as Kyon no honorific but I'm not sure.
__________________
- "I used to think spells equaled power, too. Back when I was alive... You know what equals power? Power equals power. Crazy huh? ... If you can lose it by blowing two will saves then you never had power to begin with." - Xykon's much needed Hannibal Lecture to Varsuvius.

If your interested in an Oots style avatar please feel free to PM me and we can work out the details then.
Blayne Barudorii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 11:02   Link #887
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayne Barudorii View Post
Hrrm, out of curiosity does anyone know offhand how in canon the characters refer/defer to each other in terms of honorifics? I want to make sure I don't make any mistakes, my impression is:

Kyon uses -San for Nagato, and Asahina.
Sensei for his teacher.
First name basis with Haruhi.

??? For everyone else.

Yuki when speaking of Haruhi seems to use her full name and refers to Kyon as 'you' but I don't think she's ever spoken directly to others by referring to their names.

Koizumi uses I think -san for everyone.

I don't recall what Asahina uses.


My impression is that everyone refers to Kyon as Kyon no honorific but I'm not sure.
There's a table of precisely this convention over at Baka-Tsuki.
__________________

↑Click for MAL.↑
Joe4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 11:05   Link #888
Blayne Barudorii
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
AWESOME!! *glomp*
__________________
- "I used to think spells equaled power, too. Back when I was alive... You know what equals power? Power equals power. Crazy huh? ... If you can lose it by blowing two will saves then you never had power to begin with." - Xykon's much needed Hannibal Lecture to Varsuvius.

If your interested in an Oots style avatar please feel free to PM me and we can work out the details then.
Blayne Barudorii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 01:05   Link #889
ijuinkun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Hi. I am fishing for opinions/ideas for a fic idea that I had.

It's October again, and Haruhi has decided to make a new film. Instead of a sequel to the previous film, Haruhi has decided that the new film will be:

Magical Maiden Miracle Mikuru!

(note that in Japanese, "Miracle" is pronounced "mi-ra-ku-ru", so it is "Mikuru" with a "ra" added in.)

Movie Story Summary:

The Eldritch Overlords (aka Haruhi's subconscious conception of the IDSE), who rule the Magic World, seek the key to domination of the Multiverse. To find this key, they send to Earth their servant, Magical Maiden Snowy Yuki, who as the name implies has power over the element of Ice.

To counter this, the rebel faction in the Magic World sends their own agent, Magical Maiden Miracle Mikuru, who has power over the element of Light.

There target is seemingly-ordinary high school girl Haruhi Suzumiya, who unknowingly carries the key to ultimate power within herself. Snowy Yuki and Miracle Mikuru pose as "ordinary" students Yuki Nagato and Mikuru Asahina in order to get closer to her.

Haruhi, in turn, is (unbeknown to her) guarded by a group of Secret Agents (played by Koizumi, Mori, and Arakawa), who wish to protect Earth from intrusion. They are initially distrustful of both Snowy Yuki and Miracle Mikuru, but eventually side with Mikuru.

***

Most of all, I am fishing for ways for things to go wrong, or crazy, or funny, during the making of the movie (including possible "leakage" of the fantasy into the reality, as happened in "Sighs").

And now I leave you with this little snippet:

"Presenting the Miracle Mikuru costume!"
What Haruhi pulled from the bag looked like some crazy hybrid between swimwear and an anime magical girl costume. Thigh-high boots, a micro-mini skirt so short that if the wearer bent forward the gym-shorts-like underpants would be visible, elbow-length gloves, a tiara, and a kerchief-bearing blouse sporting both a cleavage-enhancing neckline and a midriff-baring shortness.
"Y-you want me to wear THAT?" Asahina-san looked as though she could not decide whether to blush or to cry, and had tried to do both at once instead.
"Of course! Any magical girl who isn't a kid needs to have a sexy battle costume! It's part of the genre!"
Unbidden, a mental image of Asahina-san wearing the costume came to me. I fought back a nosebleed.
"B-but it's so revealing!"
"Well sure," continued Haruhi. "The second syllable of 'Miracle' is 'ra', and the kanji for 'nude' is read 'ra', so it follows that 'Miracle Mikuru' needs to be half-naked!" Only Haruhi could come up with crazy logic like that.
ijuinkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 22:16   Link #890
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Unraveling IV. Yuki's chapter: "Integrate".

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5586839/...uzumiya_Haruhi

I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but all in all, this one felt pretty lighthearted to me. Though it did end up being the longest chapter so far by about 50%.
__________________
Ricky Controversy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 05:30   Link #891
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NSW, Australia
Age: 20
The sequel to my previous fanfic, Promise of a Lifetime.

And this time it has no songs. So I can't pad it with song lyrics lol.
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 16:05   Link #892
Triple_R
Ho Ho Honoka!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
This is a fanfic that I've been considering for awhile now, but it's only now that I felt confident enough to write it.

The Superman of Haruhi Suzumiya.


Yes, it's a crossover between Haruhi, and the Superman comics. It's based on the premise of an alternate universe where Japan entered into a mutual communications blackout with America at the end of World War II, and as part of a peace treaty. In that universe, the communications blackout is being lifted, and will this lead Haruhi into finding out about an alien Superman?

Much of the first chapter begins with dialogue from Superman characters, but the 2nd half of the chapter is almost all SOS Brigade. Hope people here enjoy!
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-27, 20:21   Link #893
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hong Kong Shatterdome
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
This is a fanfic that I've been considering for awhile now, but it's only now that I felt confident enough to write it.

The Superman of Haruhi Suzumiya.


Yes, it's a crossover between Haruhi, and the Superman comics. It's based on the premise of an alternate universe where Japan entered into a mutual communications blackout with America at the end of World War II, and as part of a peace treaty. In that universe, the communications blackout is being lifted, and will this lead Haruhi into finding out about an alien Superman?

Much of the first chapter begins with dialogue from Superman characters, but the 2nd half of the chapter is almost all SOS Brigade. Hope people here enjoy!
Hmmmmmmmmm, this is actually kinda intriguing. I think I actually could read more of this.

Hmmmm, exactly what kind of cowgirl outfit did Haruhi get for Mikuru? Something along these lines?
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-27, 22:49   Link #894
Triple_R
Ho Ho Honoka!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Hmmmmmmmmm, this is actually kinda intriguing. I think I actually could read more of this.

Hmmmm, exactly what kind of cowgirl outfit did Haruhi get for Mikuru? Something along these lines?
Thanks for the encouraging words.

And yeah, that picture fits my conception of Mikuru in a cowgirl outfit well, lol.

It'll probably be a few days before I update the fanfic again, but once I do, I'll put a link for it up here on Anime Suki.
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-23, 18:49   Link #895
Othello~
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: dnal tuo dnif ot gniyrt sdnoces evif detsaw uoy
Age: 20
I found a lot of good fics in this forum and I hope if it's okay to advertise myself as horrible as it sounds

Digression l Deviation

It's about what would happen if Kyon (John Smith) was . . . "bumped off"
Othello~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-23, 18:52   Link #896
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Othello~ View Post
I found a lot of good fics in this forum and I hope if it's okay to advertise myself as horrible as it sounds

Digression l Deviation

It's about what would happen if Kyon (John Smith) was . . . "bumped off"
Now that would be sad for Haruhi if Kyon was bumped off..
__________________
Illya & Miyu from Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ☆ ILLYAMyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: RRW
Signature from: TheEroKing
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 19:35   Link #897
Grahf616
High Saint of Asakuraism
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: The Great White North
My fanfic is finished:

The Severance of Haruhi Suzumiya

At roughly the length of a light novel of the series, it's gotten fairly good reviews from a lot of people. If you give it a read, I hope that you enjoy it, and feel free to leave reviews to tell me what I did right and what I did wrong, so that I can improve for the next fic I write.
__________________
Grahf616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 23:47   Link #898
Tabasco
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahf616 View Post
My fanfic is finished:

The Severance of Haruhi Suzumiya

At roughly the length of a light novel of the series, it's gotten fairly good reviews from a lot of people. If you give it a read, I hope that you enjoy it, and feel free to leave reviews to tell me what I did right and what I did wrong, so that I can improve for the next fic I write.
I remember seeing this when it was first posted and thinking it was a neat premise, good to see you've followed up on it.

Spoiler for stuff:
Tabasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 15:07   Link #899
Aqua Knight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 22
Out of all fanfiction I like Haruhi and Golden Sun out of all, but there so few normal ffics out of big collection.

And I hate when authors write Miss Asahina or Miss Suzumiya instead of Asahina-san or just Haruhi or Suzumiya.
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 15:48   Link #900
TakariCritic
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Personally, I don't mind so much, as long as they don't have Kyon adressing people as "Mikuru" or having Yuki call him "Kyon" or even worse, "Kyon-kun".

Using the "miss" still fits in canon, just the English novels and dub instead of the Japanese.
TakariCritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fanfiction

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.