AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-09-04, 23:44   Link #17261
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmet-kun View Post
This gave me a thought:

Why is it that Natsuhi is perfectly okay with Jessica wearing a skirt the size of a belt, and Lyon's butt pinching habits/bisexualness? How much does she really know about her own children?
She spends all her time juggling fake Kinzos and trying to figure out which person Yasu is lately, give her a break.

As to why she doesn't do it in the other world, I imagine her eldest can be... very persuasive. If you follow me.
__________________
Redaction of the Golden Witch
I submit that a murder was committed in 1996.
This murder was a "copycat" crime inspired by our tales of 1986.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 23:50   Link #17262
ArcticHelm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Terrible and bad. Terribad.
ArcticHelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 00:10   Link #17263
Helmet-kun
Local Crackpot
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Somewhere?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
She spends all her time juggling fake Kinzos and trying to figure out which person Yasu is lately, give her a break.
I'm still not convinced Yasu is even real. In fact, the whole man from 19 years ago thing seems to be only true in episode 5 and 7, if you take Nasuhi's reaction in EP6 seriously. R07 just brought it up again because the idea got popular.

Quote:
As to why she doesn't do it in the other world, I imagine her eldest can be... very persuasive. If you follow me.
That's it.

Any character caught wearing that green gem is officially tied to Mr. Scarlet/Lyon/Leon/Rion/Person X thing, whether it's just a normal relationship or something... 'else'. Seistas, Featherine, and Nasuhi... Krauss...

Oh god, the scars.
__________________

Last edited by Helmet-kun; 2010-09-05 at 13:13.
Helmet-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 04:04   Link #17264
TehChron
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
Besides it being hilarious. How exactly?

I mean I don't think Jessica's sexual preferences makes any theory gain or lose anything. Besides everything points to her believing Kanon is a boy so she's probably like her mom on this by being laughably ignorant of it.
Don't think too hard about it, you'll only wind up with a headache.
TehChron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 12:51   Link #17265
Helmet-kun
Local Crackpot
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Somewhere?
...Well, I actually bothered to look up the meaning of emerald:

Spoiler for Feel free to take with a grain of salt:
__________________
Helmet-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 19:22   Link #17266
TehChron
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Spoiler for Supplemental to D. Shkannon:


I hope this is acceptable to you and your Awesome theory, Will.

Last edited by TehChron; 2010-09-05 at 19:45. Reason: I fail at spelling. So hard.
TehChron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 19:48   Link #17267
Will Wright
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehChron View Post
Spoiler for Supplemental to D. Shkannon:


I hope this is acceptable to you and your Awesome theory, Will.
That is a better explanation than I have done so far or could have done! I had something like that in mind but was having some trouble putting it into words, you are awesome.

One other thing I would like to note is that in episode 2(I think it's two, I don't have time to check it. I'm kinda sneaking out of a meeting ((again)) right now to post this.) Shannon goes from the Beach to the mansion in an absurdly short amount of time. You can somewhat justify it as "oh Ryuukishi just didn't show her going there" which is what I assumed the first time I read the episode, but when comparing the timeline it seemed rather suspicious to me.

The best explanation to that is that there are two Shannons. Or that Ryuukishi screwed up. Or that Shannon is a really, really fast ninja.

I really like the way Double Shkanon is turning out. I think I dare to say it seems more solid than regular Shkanon, though I may be getting ahead of myself here.
Will Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 19:58   Link #17268
TehChron
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Wright View Post
That is a better explanation than I have done so far or could have done! I had something like that in mind but was having some trouble putting it into words, you are awesome.

One other thing I would like to note is that in episode 2(I think it's two, I don't have time to check it. I'm kinda sneaking out of a meeting ((again)) right now to post this.) Shannon goes from the Beach to the mansion in an absurdly short amount of time. You can somewhat justify it as "oh Ryuukishi just didn't show her going there" which is what I assumed the first time I read the episode, but when comparing the timeline it seemed rather suspicious to me.

The best explanation to that is that there are two Shannons. Or that Ryuukishi screwed up. Or that Shannon is a really, really fast ninja.

I really like the way Double Shkanon is turning out. I think I dare to say it seems more solid than regular Shkanon, though I may be getting ahead of myself here.
No, I think it actually is more solid, not only does it get around the various failures of Classic Shkannon, but it also explains the various contradicting descriptions of Shannon's character, which Classic seemed to more or less ignore.

No but really, you're the awesome one for seeing this possibility to begin with.
TehChron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 20:01   Link #17269
Steampunk Librarian
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Double Shkannon has always made more sense than Shkannontrice(zo, if you consider her gaining his title for the EP 4 read about recognizing Kinzo).

I doubt that Kshannon ever talked to Jessica, and that it really was Yasu-Shannon talking to her as a friend. After all, it is Jessica who talks about Shannon having a good memory and such, right?

Its a lot easier to stomach and believe Yasu-Shannontricezo and Kshannon/Kanon. It doesn't explain why they aren't usually in the same room, but who knows what it can be if we think about it. Has George ever seen Kanon up close? I don't actually remember...
Steampunk Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 20:04   Link #17270
Leafsnail
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
If we're discussing double Shkannon... I guess we could look to Zepar and Furfur for some basis. They're meant to be dropping hints all the time, after all. I mean, for instance, they theatrically swap places a lot. Their whole mannerism also supports the idea that it's an elaborate charade, and that Kanon and Shannon are merely "roles" or "personas" rather than people... sortof like stagenames?
Leafsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 20:13   Link #17271
TehChron
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steampunk Librarian View Post
Double Shkannon has always made more sense than Shkannontrice(zo, if you consider her gaining his title for the EP 4 read about recognizing Kinzo).

I doubt that Kshannon ever talked to Jessica, and that it really was Yasu-Shannon talking to her as a friend. After all, it is Jessica who talks about Shannon having a good memory and such, right?

Its a lot easier to stomach and believe Yasu-Shannontricezo and Kshannon/Kanon. It doesn't explain why they aren't usually in the same room, but who knows what it can be if we think about it. Has George ever seen Kanon up close? I don't actually remember...
Perhaps not.

But as for why they wouldn't be in the same room together except for Episode 5, that could just be Ryukishi leading us along the nose with one thing thats suspicious so we ignore the real clues.

Not that Shkanon isnt a big part of the answer to begin with.

Last edited by TehChron; 2010-09-05 at 20:15. Reason: Unfinished thought
TehChron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 20:13   Link #17272
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In a badly written story.
I think it's about time a very specific terminology was developed for "Entity which is originally Kanon but is disguising as Shannon" and "Entity which is originally Shannon but is disguising as Kanon".

Otherwise we'll keep confusing them just like everyone else.
__________________
"The only principle that does not inhibit progress is: anything goes."
Paul K. Feyerabend, "Against Method: Outline of an Anarchistic Theory of Knowledge"

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 20:15   Link #17273
TehChron
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
I think it's about time a very specific terminology was developed for "Entity which is originally Kanon but is disguising as Shannon" and "Entity which is originally Shannon but is disguising as Kanon".

Otherwise we'll keep confusing them just like everyone else.
Shkannon-Yasu who becomes Shannon/Beato/Kinzo etc

Kshannon-"Kanon-Prime" and "K-Shannon".
TehChron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 20:16   Link #17274
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In a badly written story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehChron View Post
Shkannon-Yasu who becomes Shannon/Beato/Kinzo etc

Kshannon-"Kanon-Prime" and "K-Shannon".
Not nearly specific enough, as it's too tempting to read them backwards anyway, I'm afraid.
__________________
"The only principle that does not inhibit progress is: anything goes."
Paul K. Feyerabend, "Against Method: Outline of an Anarchistic Theory of Knowledge"

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 20:18   Link #17275
TehChron
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
Not nearly specific enough, as it's too tempting to read them backwards anyway, I'm afraid.
"Kanon-Prime" and "Yasu-(blank)", then.
TehChron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 20:20   Link #17276
Steampunk Librarian
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
I like this theory mostly because it seems to eliminate the multiple personalities suspension I need to give and replaces it with multiple identities. It makes more sense for them to keep up this charade if its two people doing it rather than one fe/male popping out a personality for every time something tragic happens to him/her.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TehChron View Post
"Kanon-Prime" and "Yasu-(blank)", then.
Kashannon, Yasushannontrice. I don't think those are hard to understand if you understand that Kanon is dressing as Shannon, while Shannon never dresses like Kanon.
Steampunk Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 20:28   Link #17277
TehChron
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steampunk Librarian View Post
I like this theory mostly because it seems to eliminate the multiple personalities suspension I need to give and replaces it with multiple identities. It makes more sense for them to keep up this charade if its two people doing it rather than one fe/male popping out a personality for every time something tragic happens to him/her.




Kashannon, Yasushannontrice. I don't think those are hard to understand if you understand that Kanon is dressing as Shannon, while Shannon never dresses like Kanon.
Hrm, that would make sense, actually. Also nullifies the suspension of disbelief in regards to hiding Shannons massive breasts. To be honest, I just took a "why not?" stance on that particular detail
TehChron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 20:29   Link #17278
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehChron View Post
Hrm, that would make sense, actually. Also nullifies the suspension of disbelief in regards to hiding Shannons massive breasts. To be honest, I just took a "why not?" stance on that particular detail
Actually no, since Lion is flatchested.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 20:31   Link #17279
Steampunk Librarian
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehChron View Post
Hrm, that would make sense, actually. Also nullifies the suspension of disbelief in regards to hiding Shannons massive breasts. To be honest, I just took a "why not?" stance on that particular detail
As someone who has massive breasts, I can attest that the time and effort it takes to bind them is makes Classic Shkannon impossible unless you are saying Shkannon is a flatchested person that stuffs their bra... but even then, I dislike thinking that Jessica (someone who sees them the most, specifically Kanon) can't tell she is talking to the same person.
Steampunk Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 20:33   Link #17280
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Hey you are either stuck with:

1 Shannon is actually flatchested
2 Lion can bind that massive breast
3 Shannon isn't Yasu.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.