AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-28, 12:44   Link #181
velvet nightmare

btw, about the rape part

even though us as viewers know she's 'unstable' would it hold up in a court of law in real life?

as far as we know she never said 'no' or 'stop'

but as far as it goes in court she wouldn't be able to defend her point of view that she was 'unstable' seeing as how the next day she seemed 'stable' (nor can it be proven medically either)

anyone taking any law courses in school can clarify this?

the conclusion i come to is, a) morally it's wrong b) legally it can't be proven as non-consenting sex c) taisuke may have done kotonoha wrong based on the viewer's POV, but if we look from his POV considering his age (naivety with relationships) i can't really blame the guy
Old 2009-07-28, 13:13   Link #182
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
It's not the law. It's morality!
Using a girl's miserable situation to get her is despicable. But I think Kotonoha hardly cared about that(maybe the only reason she cared a bit because: " Oh. I'm not a virgin anymore.... I wanted makoto-kun as my first.")
Anyways, I read the manga today. The Kotonoha on that one's more reasonable and healthy-minded. And she has more reasons to be obessed of makoto. I still call it obession, because she still didn't care too much about makoto's opinion nor she considers her situation(well, at least she did it minimally).
Old 2009-07-28, 21:11   Link #183
velvet nightmare

lots of immoral things happen because it isn't against the law, if you think about it that way, don't get me wrong, i don't condone rape, but i can't blame sanakawa for misunderstandings because he was constantly given two different stories

in any case do you think this story happened the way it did because of lack of parental guidance? because the commonality i cansee between sekai, kotonoha, setsuna and makoto were that they hardly had their parents around to teach them right from wrong imo
Old 2010-09-06, 01:30   Link #184
Dr. Casey

Kotonoha is hot imo
Old 2010-10-13, 20:58   Link #185
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

hmm, alternate new ending is pretty bad... getting hit by a train like that. i don't think trains move fast enough at stations to kill like that.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2010-10-19, 23:46   Link #186
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
hmm, alternate new ending is pretty bad... getting hit by a train like that. i don't think trains move fast enough at stations to kill like that.
Well when they are slowing down near the stations, they still go fast enough to slam your body and make you fly away when they finally stop.
Old 2010-10-20, 13:45   Link #187
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Wang
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
That... is a very, very bad way to die... why, Sekai? Why???

And... I don't think it's so much the train's speed and impact killing her so much as it is her being on her back on the train tracks and getting crushed by thirty-some-odd tons of steel that tears through your body... Though I might be wrong, since I haven't seen said ending (granted, I don't want to, though...).
Old 2010-10-20, 14:25   Link #188
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wang View Post
That... is a very, very bad way to die... why, Sekai? Why???

And... I don't think it's so much the train's speed and impact killing her so much as it is her being on her back on the train tracks and getting crushed by thirty-some-odd tons of steel that tears through your body... Though I might be wrong, since I haven't seen said ending (granted, I don't want to, though...).
Sekai: i am tire of having my throat slash
Old 2010-10-22, 01:40   Link #189
wtf
needs moar YAN :3

after watching the anime, I have been trying to find something that gave me the same emotional reaction and I haven't been able to find anything else so far.

Watched the new ending and it's pretty intense, I was never a Kotonoha fan and was always a Sekai fan but no way she deserved this at all.

Loved it
Old 2010-10-22, 07:48   Link #190
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtf View Post
after watching the anime, I have been trying to find something that gave me the same emotional reaction and I haven't been able to find anything else so far.

Watched the new ending and it's pretty intense, I was never a Kotonoha fan and was always a Sekai fan but no way she deserved this at all.

Loved it
Likewise I was a Sekai fan as well and I just didn't like the emotional reaction I got from this anime. Now if you want a completely opposite reaction, I suggest you watch the Clannad series. The epitome of what a romance series should be like

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Closed Thread