AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-09-07, 00:55   Link #25381
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pekanbaru (UTC+07:00)
Age: 27
How did this turned into character alignment discussion page?
__________________
Tiresias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 00:58   Link #25382
Demi.
Ass connoisseur
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Florida
Age: 27
Someone brought up why Fate's character allignment wouldn't allow her to be a batman.
__________________
Demi. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 01:03   Link #25383
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Frozen Hell of the North
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Someone brought up why Fate's character allignment wouldn't allow her to be a batman.
*Imagines Fate as Adam West Batman*

...

...

...

There is nothing I can say that wouldn't be corny and funny...

Fate: *Holding a round bomb* There's just some days that you can't get rid of a bomb. *Is trying to throw it, but sees a family of ducks swimming in the water below.*
__________________

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 01:49   Link #25384
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Nanoha Used Car Dealership. RERISE!
Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Thought I show an image from a doujin (art book really) Full Colors from Comiket 78. Not much to scanlate, easy one for whomever to do.

__________________
For those that belittle their favorite characters, complain about pairings, complain about oversexed images. Stop, thank you.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.

Last edited by itanshi1; 2010-09-07 at 02:03.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 02:50   Link #25385
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: My own delusions of grandeur.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Nanoha's Raising Heart mode is worth a lol.
__________________
Blank-Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 08:06   Link #25386
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Didn't Fate and Nanoha disobey the TSAB in A's when they didn't agree with their ideal regarding Hayate? I don't think Fate's lawful good because she wont go to extreme lengths to abide by it if she deems it wrong.
I did say follow the law, but I should have been a tad more specific. She follows the law and doesn't do go against it out of selfishness. It's a common misconception that lawful good characters always follow the law, no matter how wrong they feel it is. They don't. If a government orders a lawful good character to do something that's not lawful good, it's perfectly in-line with the alignment to say no and pursue a more lawful good course of action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Fate: *Holding a round bomb* There's just some days that you can't get rid of a bomb. *Is trying to throw it, but sees a family of ducks swimming in the water below.*
... Now I actually want to see that happen.
__________________

Last edited by Keroko; 2010-09-07 at 13:20.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 08:09   Link #25387
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Berlin, Fatherland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Fate's lawful good because she wont go to extreme lengths to abide by it if she deems it wrong.
You say that as if lawful good characters will always choose "lawful" before "good". As Keroko said, that's not what the alignment is about.

To be honest, Fate is the first character that comes to mind when I think about Lawful Good. She represents it extremely well, although Apollo from Battlestar Galactica is the deepest and most complex representation of this alignment that I've seen so far.

The same goes for Nanoha representing Neutral Good, although in A's more so than in StrikerS.

Because this is actually off-topic, have a picture.
Spoiler for .:
__________________
Takamura Mamoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 09:37   Link #25388
Amaterasu1963
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New Jersey, USA
Age: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by al103 View Post
proper action is to make complain to higher authorities about that
Actually, Fate and Nanoha were briefed in the meeting with Carim and Crono that they unit was being backed by the 3 Admirals so she already knows that Hayate's orders are backed by the highest authority. Regius is overruled before the fact.
Amaterasu1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 09:43   Link #25389
Arkeus
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaterasu1963 View Post
Actually, Fate and Nanoha were briefed in the meeting with Carim and Crono that they unit was being backed by the 3 Admirals so she already knows that Hayate's orders are backed by the highest authority. Regius is overruled before the fact.
TSAB isn't a dictatorship as far as we have seen, so it doesn't work like that.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 09:43   Link #25390
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
How did this turned into character alignment discussion page?
Dawww.... cute Nove, thanks for the image xD!
__________________
May 29 2010-2014

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 11:49   Link #25391
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Frozen Hell of the North
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Anyone wanna see a RL White Devil?

Spoiler for Cosplay:
__________________

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 12:43   Link #25392
SNobleJr
\m/,
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hungary
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
LOL @ the text on Raging Heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Argh, I'm having mixed feelings about these. On one hand, it's Cinque and Nove looking incredibly cute, which the world needs more of. On the other, the animal ears and tails just feel very tacked-on to me and kinda ruin the overall effect...
__________________
A programmer is an organism that converts coffee into software.
SNobleJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 15:15   Link #25393
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
__________________
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 17:54   Link #25394
Random Wanderer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkeus View Post
TSAB isn't a dictatorship as far as we have seen, so it doesn't work like that.
But the differing branches (Navy, Ground Forces, Air Forces) ARE a military, so it, in fact, DOES work like that. Through following the orders of the three admirals, Hayate and the others were a lot closer to obeying their proper chain of command than Regius was in following the orders of the three brains in jars.

Now, the TSAB military branches are a relatively mild military, in that they pay much more attention to results ("you disobeyed orders, but it worked out ok, so we'll let you off with a warning") and intentions ("you helped almost destroy the universe, but you didn't really realize it was wrong because the only authority figure you recognized had told you to do it, so we'll go easy on you") than to the exact letter of the laws, but they are still a military. Hayate was entirely within her rights to act under the admirals' orders as relayed through Chrono and Carim, because she was under THEIR command, not Regius'.

I would post a picture to be on-topic, but this is the place where I GOT practically all of my Nanoha pictures.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 18:09   Link #25395
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
I would post a picture to be on-topic, but this is the place where I GOT practically all of my Nanoha pictures.
Danbooru, Gelbooru, Safebooru, and Pixiv are your friends.

Also, obligatory "take it to the Military and Authority thread" comment.
__________________

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 02:49   Link #25396
Arkeus
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
But the differing branches (Navy, Ground Forces, Air Forces) ARE a military, so it, in fact, DOES work like that. Through following the orders of the three admirals, Hayate and the others were a lot closer to obeying their proper chain of command than Regius was in following the orders of the three brains in jars.
Except that TSAB seems to be more of a peacekeeping unit subject to politics, and Regius >>> Three Admirals when it comes to power within Midchilda - the three admirals have more power in the TSAB, but in the Midchilda ground force branch, Regius seems to have more pull.

Basically, the three admirals aren't in Hayate's chain of command at all.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 04:20   Link #25397
al103
Grumpy Russian bear
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Russia, Krasnoyarsk
Age: 33
Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkeus View Post
Basically, the three admirals aren't in Hayate's chain of command at all.
Actually they are, or more correctly Carim and Chrono are they chain of command - RF6 do NOT part of Regius forces... and THAT is official reason Regius told them to fuck off. But even with "official" backing of they superiors they can't continue investigation without Regius approval. For those who don't believe so - imagine for example that US Navy try to investigate on US Army or Airforce base not only without they permission but with they official declaration to NOT do so - and shitstorm that it would cause. Or cop from California investigating in New York under same premise.
__________________
Proud Nanoha/Yuno/Fate, Caro/Elio/Lutecia, Alto/Sheril/Ranka and Honor/Hamish/Emily shipper. Last one even canon.

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
al103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 23:55   Link #25398
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Spoiler for NSFW:
__________________

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2010-09-09 at 01:01. Reason: Put NSFW images under spoiler tag.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 00:21   Link #25399
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Nanoha Used Car Dealership. RERISE!
Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
o.o oooh naughty, spoiler tag them maybe?> I'm not sure what the threshold is here
__________________
For those that belittle their favorite characters, complain about pairings, complain about oversexed images. Stop, thank you.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 11:43   Link #25400
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009


Tohma's ascension to Chuckhood xD!
__________________
May 29 2010-2014

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
images, nanoha, nsfw

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.