AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-05-21, 10:38   Link #721
Nightwing(T_T)
Sooo............sad
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
It seems that even if G00 is still the most popular gundam, the show start to lost its popularity. Setsuna is the most popular male character but his popularity reduce when the popularuty of Kira increase. And it's the same for Lacus. And I find it indredible that Kira and Lacus are still in the top. And thanks for the poll brightman
nope that's not the case. setsuna always dwelling between 2-4 ex: newtype03 Position 2 , newtype04 Position 4 , newtype05 Position 2, newtype06 position 4. don't be suprise if in the next issue he were back up to position 2 or 3. while kira always between 6-8 and keep downgrading.

Though in term of losing popularity seed might be in danger here. somehow it always dwell between 15-18. while before was around 13-15
Nightwing(T_T) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 11:11   Link #722
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
How can you say that Kira keep downgrading when he is still on the top 10 ? The popularity of Kira increase for this this month.
__________________
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 11:45   Link #723
DRAGUN H.E.X.
DAT Shiny Gunpla~
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: brunei darusalam
Age: 24
Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGUN H.E.X.
what is so special about Kira anyway?, heck!, he doesn't even want to become a Gundam himself, anyway.
he looked so fake that he'd rather be a character in an eroge game.
__________________
TRANSFORMERS
MACHINE ROBO
DIAROBO
GYROZETTER
DRAGUN H.E.X. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 11:51   Link #724
Nightwing(T_T)
Sooo............sad
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
How can you say that Kira keep downgrading when he is still on the top 10 ? The popularity of Kira increase for this this month.
oops my fault. kira was always strong in the poll for ex always between 1-5, 2-4, 3-6 etc etc but since 00 the standard become lower 4-7, 6-8 and so on and so on. certainly now is 6 but it never past 5 for along time. the most often now is 7-10. I guess I didn't make it clear, my bad
Nightwing(T_T) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 12:40   Link #725
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I'm a big fan of GS and an even bigger fan of Kira and Lacus but even I'm surprised that Kira and Lacus are still ranked highly despite it being several years since anything new for GS has been out. I'm glad to see Feldt on the rankings though since she is my favorite female in G00
cyberdemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-27, 10:44   Link #726
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: gs series
Age: 25
well till now kira & lacus still the main gundam male & female to watch.

unless if ever they plan a 50eps gundam series with a leading main gundam piolt being a woman well i say this would be lacus' real challange.
__________________
ONCE A GS ALWAYS A GS
A KLAC IS JUST TOO COMMIT, HONOR, LOYALTY, PRIDE, ETC TO WORLD OF ANIME
WALKING THE PATH OF KLAC ON THE JOURNEY THORUGH THE KLAC-ERA
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-27, 10:52   Link #727
justavisitor
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Earth
I guess I kind of understand why ppl (generally) like Kira so much

First of all, Kira is just a normal person, he takes engineering and all of a sudden he is a gundam pilot..so audiences can be more easily involved...they think they can be Kira..and the requirement of being a gundam pilot is not hard for Kira's case...at least compared to Heero and Setsuna..those two need to know how to fire Ak-47 first

And Kira just owns everything in the series...Heero's skill is not the best in the series (you still have zech)...Setsuna seems to be more unstable...while Kira can calmly disable all MS

Same thing with Lacus...you almost can't find any fault from her..she always does it right...of course some ppl would say it's cheesy, but it's not so bad (or should I say, it's actually quite enjoyable) to see those dominating characters once in a while

just my thought
__________________
Come and join Ranka Lee Fanclub !!! Join our club and you will see
1)Ranka pics 2)Ranka/Alto pic 3)Relatively Sane discussion about Ranka 4)amv for Ranka
To all old and new Sheryl fans:
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-27, 16:40   Link #728
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
I guess I kind of understand why ppl (generally) like Kira so much

First of all, Kira is just a normal person
Yes, he is normal person before he's get Freedom
Quote:
those two need to know how to fire Ak-47 first

dude... Setsuna already grab n know how to fire AK-47 on kindergarten age
Quote:
And Kira just owns everything in the series...Heero's skill is not the best in the series (you still have zech)...Setsuna seems to be more unstable...while Kira can calmly disable all MS
U Should know some people (Including me) does not like chara who have SUPER DUPER OUTSTANDING GODLY skill like KIRA did
that why some people not like Kira, n personnaly i dont like his behaviour after getting Freedom, too naive for me. but who cares about my opinion
Quote:
Same thing with Lacus...you almost can't find any fault from her..she always does it right...of course some ppl would say it's cheesy, but it's not so bad (or should I say, it's actually quite enjoyable) to see those dominating characters once in a while

just my thought
Personnaly i don't like MOE type chara like lacus, and for me she's just like Kira too naive, perfect, and have a unnatural attitude. Once again who cares about my opinion
kinda sad Lunamaria not popular as Lacus
but GS is GS, most appealing Gundam Series for teenager and even woman audience, and its not a surprise if this Series still popular these days.

Last edited by fertygo; 2009-05-27 at 16:52.
fertygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-28, 03:20   Link #729
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Europe - The Netherlands
Age: 25
Quote:
First of all, Kira is just a normal person, he takes engineering and all of a sudden he is a gundam pilot..so audiences can be more easily involved...they think they can be Kira..and the requirement of being a gundam pilot is not hard for Kira's case...at least compared to Heero and Setsuna..those two need to know how to fire Ak-47 first
I once read that Kira had something to do (unconsciously) with the Engineering of the Gundam and writing of the OS. And because of that he somewhat understood the OS and was able to move the Gundam.
And btw, knowing how to fire a Ak-47 has absolutely nothing to do with piloting a Gundam...

Quote:
And Kira just owns everything in the series...Heero's skill is not the best in the series (you still have zech)...Setsuna seems to be more unstable...while Kira can calmly disable all MS
You are completely ignoring Seed. Kira was not the best either and he was far from mentally stable.

But non of this really matter to me..The reason why I liked Kira was because he was a very entertaining character to watch. He worked his way up, his character developed till the last episode of Seed (Something you can't say about neither of those characters that you mentioned)

And, of course, Kira was wack in Destiny, but then again, everyone was...with the possible exception of Heine Westenfluss hair
__________________

Last edited by kaito-kid; 2009-05-28 at 14:54.
kaito-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-28, 03:47   Link #730
tetsuo69
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: nyc
i'm happy to see kira still in the top 10 ^^
__________________
tetsuo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 22:54   Link #731
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Been years since we had one of these posted:

Gundam Ace October 2010 Character & Mecha Popularity Rankings:

Males
1. Char Aznable
2. Amuro Ray
3. Kira Yamato
4. Anavel Gato
5. Setsuna F. Seiei
6. Heero Yuy
7. Quattro Bageena
8. Kamille Bidan
9. Kai Shiden
10. Athrun Zala
11. Ramba Ral
12. Shiro Amada
13. Lockon Stratos
14. Shinn Asuka
15. Banagher Links
16. Graham Acre
17. Sleggar Law
18. Duo Maxwell
19. Domon Kasshu
20. Loran Cehack

Females
1. Sayla Mass
2. Lacus Clyne
3. Cima Garahau
4. Aina Sahalin
5. Haman Karn
6. Feldt Grace
7. Emma Sheen
8. Cagalli Yula Athha
9. Four Murasame
10. Lalah Sune
11. Elpeo Puru
12. Relena Peacecraft
13. Marida Cruz
14. Lunamaria Hawke
15. Sumeragi Lee Noriega
16. Murrue Ramius
17. Mineva Lao Zabi
18. Tiffa Adill
19. Katejina Loos
20. Cecily Fairchild

Mobile Suits
1. Strike Freedom Gundam
2. Zaku II
3. Zeta Gundam
4. Sazabi
5. Nu Gundam
6. Hyaku Shiki
7. Qubeley
8. Gundam
9. Unicorn Gundam
10. Wing Gundam Zero
11. Gouf
12. Dom
13. Acguy
14. ZZ Gundam
15. Kshatriya
16. Gelgoog
17. Freedom Gundam
18. 00 Raiser
19. Akatsuki
20. Kampfer
__________________
Copyright 2014 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 23:01   Link #732
bio9205
Reborn
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 20
Which Lockon, I wonder?
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 03:02   Link #733
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 30
The fact that the Exia isn't on there at all makes me sad. 00 Raiser sucks.

I did lol at Feldt being so high while Marina isn't even on the list.

EDIT: Why the hell is a garbage character like Gato so high? Fuck him AND Nina. *grumble*
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 07:36   Link #734
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon View Post
The fact that the Exia isn't on there at all makes me sad. 00 Raiser sucks.
I find the fact that the Acguy is more popular than anything from 00 even more sad (though the Acguy had always had quite a bit of following in Japan...)
__________________
Copyright 2014 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 09:36   Link #735
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Been years since we had one of these posted:

Gundam Ace October 2010 Character & Mecha Popularity Rankings:

Males
1. Char Aznable
2. Amuro Ray
3. Kira Yamato
4. Anavel Gato
5. Setsuna F. Seiei
6. Heero Yuy
7. Quattro Bageena
8. Kamille Bidan
9. Kai Shiden
10. Athrun Zala
11. Ramba Ral
12. Shiro Amada
13. Lockon Stratos
14. Shinn Asuka
15. Banagher Links
16. Graham Acre
17. Sleggar Law
18. Duo Maxwell
19. Domon Kasshu
20. Loran Cehack

Females
1. Sayla Mass
2. Lacus Clyne
3. Cima Garahau
4. Aina Sahalin
5. Haman Karn
6. Feldt Grace
7. Emma Sheen
8. Cagalli Yula Athha
9. Four Murasame
10. Lalah Sune
11. Elpeo Puru
12. Relena Peacecraft
13. Marida Cruz
14. Lunamaria Hawke
15. Sumeragi Lee Noriega
16. Murrue Ramius
17. Mineva Lao Zabi
18. Tiffa Adill
19. Katejina Loos
20. Cecily Fairchild

Mobile Suits
1. Strike Freedom Gundam
2. Zaku II
3. Zeta Gundam
4. Sazabi
5. Nu Gundam
6. Hyaku Shiki
7. Qubeley
8. Gundam
9. Unicorn Gundam
10. Wing Gundam Zero
11. Gouf
12. Dom
13. Acguy
14. ZZ Gundam
15. Kshatriya
16. Gelgoog
17. Freedom Gundam
18. 00 Raiser
19. Akatsuki
20. Kampfer
I guess we can thank "Frozen Teardrop" for this?
__________________
Washu-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 09:40   Link #736
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: gs series
Age: 25
hmm well yea till now is still GS vs uc yea it's never get olds these days.

& yep GS is still better than 00 really http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPEjG9fqYuM yea 00 is not better than the GS (kick 00 head).

plus of all gundams strike freedom still rules.

oh where GS 3 right now?
__________________
ONCE A GS ALWAYS A GS
A KLAC IS JUST TOO COMMIT, HONOR, LOYALTY, PRIDE, ETC TO WORLD OF ANIME
WALKING THE PATH OF KLAC ON THE JOURNEY THORUGH THE KLAC-ERA
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 10:42   Link #737
RAVNEN
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: malim nawar,malaysia
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
I guess Bear Acguy would take orginal Acguy spot after this.. Wow Anavel Gato sure have quite a popularity.
__________________
RAVNEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 10:45   Link #738
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVNEN View Post
I guess Bear Acguy would take orginal Acguy spot after this.. Wow Anavel Gato sure have quite a popularity.
I'm even more surprised at Cima's popularity... I mean, #3?
__________________
Copyright 2014 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 12:13   Link #739
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon View Post
EDIT: Why the hell is a garbage character like Gato so high? Fuck him AND Nina. *grumble*
Woah! Gato and "garbage character" don't go in the same sentence unless you're talking about how he made everyone else in 0083 look like garbage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
I guess we can thank "Frozen Teardrop" for this?
I don't think so. Those three would still be there in my opinion even if Frozen Teardrop wasn't in the works.
__________________
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 00:05   Link #740
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Washington, DC
About Relena being #12, is that her highest ranking so far, because when she appears on the polls, she usually appears in the 20-30 ranking?

And, AFAIK, is she the only female GW character to date to appear on the poll?
__________________
Washu-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.