AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-09-05, 18:14   Link #4201
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Unseen Horizon
Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Correction: Which one of these do you recommend?

JapanLA, Bookoff USA, Comics Factory, Tokyo Pop, Asahiya Bookstore or Comic Odyssey?
__________________

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!

Last edited by bhl88; 2010-09-05 at 18:53.
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 10:01   Link #4202
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Australia
Silly question:
After missed out a mid-term break due to class, one of my best friend (another guy) recently act just like an ass-hole. So much that he seems to be a different guy now and it has been long since i seriously want to drop my "nice" mask and kick someone ass... literally...

I don't know if it's simply stress or some personal unknown problems. But how should i approach the issue? My button has been pushed for several times for last week and at this rate i will seriously not be able to keep my cool anymore.

PS: another guy in my group, who also missed the break also acted the same way. I start to wonder if I came to their house and killed their cats in my sleep or something. Or maybe they were brainwashed that those who have breaks are evils...?
__________________
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 11:56   Link #4203
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Silly question:
After missed out a mid-term break due to class, one of my best friend (another guy) recently act just like an ass-hole. So much that he seems to be a different guy now and it has been long since i seriously want to drop my "nice" mask and kick someone ass... literally...

I don't know if it's simply stress or some personal unknown problems. But how should i approach the issue? My button has been pushed for several times for last week and at this rate i will seriously not be able to keep my cool anymore.

PS: another guy in my group, who also missed the break also acted the same way. I start to wonder if I came to their house and killed their cats in my sleep or something. Or maybe they were brainwashed that those who have breaks are evils...?
Need more info. How is he acting like an asshole? What are his specific actions that irritate you?

P.S I thought if you killed cats, they will rise again for another 8 more times. And it is illegal to kill catgirls, you will be condemned to a lifetime of nightmares and be reincarnated as a mouse with Sudden-Paralysis-Syndrome in your next life.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 15:00   Link #4204
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Age: 26
They're probably cranky because they missed the break, I'm not sure when people have this break period since we use a different system all together for schools but I would be cranky too. Could be a combination of irritation of missing the break, maybe also stress..
Just let them rage for a while, it'll pass..
If they are guys who can take a joke just randomly say when he is raging "dude chill, what's wrong with you.." and the conversation goes on.. if he doesn't want to talk about it then let him figure it out on his own
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 19:57   Link #4205
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
They're probably cranky because they missed the break, I'm not sure when people have this break period since we use a different system all together for schools but I would be cranky too. Could be a combination of irritation of missing the break, maybe also stress..
Just let them rage for a while, it'll pass..
If they are guys who can take a joke just randomly say when he is raging "dude chill, what's wrong with you.." and the conversation goes on.. if he doesn't want to talk about it then let him figure it out on his own
Yeah thank for the advice, I also think it's probably time to approach and ask if anything happen...


@SaintessHeart: well... pretty much like anybody during their bad day: short-temper, expected you can read his mind and everything in his brain should be so obvious, purposely ignore your conversation, put up silly suggestion and ended up raging because they can't follow that...etc...
PS: I love cat, so as best, i probably trashed their garages in my sleeps or something
__________________
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 23:34   Link #4206
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
@SaintessHeart: well... pretty much like anybody during their bad day: short-temper, expected you can read his mind and everything in his brain should be so obvious, purposely ignore your conversation, put up silly suggestion and ended up raging because they can't follow that...etc...
PS: I love cat, so as best, i probably trashed their garages in my sleeps or something
The proper word is PMS.

I would recommend you not to do anything other than listen empathically. I am somewhat like your friend - it is a result of pent-up discontent that just lash out erratically.

Don't worry too much though - the worst thing that could happen when he's lashing out is that someone gets stabbed to death.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 02:16   Link #4207
Kudryavka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
The proper word is PMS.
I thought only women pms?
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 04:48   Link #4208
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Don't worry too much though - the worst thing that could happen when he's lashing out is that someone gets stabbed to death.
LOL wut! I'm staying away from you guys on your bad days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
I thought only women pms?
That's what the scientific community will tell you, but sadly it's a lie. You see there is a small group of men we call "Drama Kings"
__________________
They say you don't grow up
You just grow old,
It's safe to say I haven't done both.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 05:19   Link #4209
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post
LOL wut! I'm staying away from you guys on your bad days.
That is if the guy is able to think. For me, at the peak of my temper, I don't show angry faces - I would start apologising, be really polite, and reach for a sharp object (usually a ballpoint pen I carry around).

In anime/manga terms, it would be yandere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post
That's what the scientific community will tell you, but sadly it's a lie. You see there is a small group of men we call "Drama Kings"
That would be equating all men to Drama Kings. C'mon, you know all guys have their bad moments where they want to avoid fistfights and killing people. They resort to something called verbal lashing - the penultimate de-rage option of women.

Just that the women's version lasts longer.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 10:20   Link #4210
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Lounge
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
That is if the guy is able to think. For me, at the peak of my temper, I don't show angry faces - I would start apologising, be really polite, and reach for a sharp object (usually a ballpoint pen I carry around).

In anime/manga terms, it would be yandere.

That's it, I'm hangin' out with you more from now on

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
That would be equating all men to Drama Kings. C'mon, you know all guys have their bad moments where they want to avoid fistfights and killing people. They resort to something called verbal lashing - the penultimate de-rage option of women.

Just that the women's version lasts longer.
Agreed, everyone on this planet is capable of rage moments, it's human nature.
And I don't avoid fistfights, fistfights avoid me
__________________
Kaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 07:23   Link #4211
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Does anyone know where is Banjar Pangadaaan? I know it is in SEA, but I am not sure if it is in Philipphines or Indonesia.

All the google search results turn up in Malay, something which I know and read little of.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 07:32   Link #4212
Kudryavka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Does anyone know where is Banjar Pangadaaan? I know it is in SEA, but I am not sure if it is in Philipphines or Indonesia.

All the google search results turn up in Malay, something which I know and read little of.
It's like finding Carmen San Diego, no?

Can't google that name, it bings back only to this thread.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 08:09   Link #4213
Skane
Anime Snark
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Does anyone know where is Banjar Pangadaaan? I know it is in SEA, but I am not sure if it is in Philipphines or Indonesia.

All the google search results turn up in Malay, something which I know and read little of.
If you actually mean Banjar Pengadaan, it's in Indonesia.

Cheers.
__________________
Skane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 18:08   Link #4214
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Flan-chan
Age: 12
Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Where do you guys go to get poster printed? Places like Kinko cost way too much...

Also, does it need to be in the right solution?
__________________
I love Flandre Scarlet
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 09:31   Link #4215
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izayoi View Post
Where do you guys go to get poster printed? Places like Kinko cost way too much...

Also, does it need to be in the right solution?
Depends on whether you want to have it on canvas or paper. The solution is for treating the background which the paint is applied to if I am not wrong.

As for the cost, it would be appreciated if you give us the country and state you live in - places like Afghanistan or Iraq have only a few poster printing shops.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 16:49   Link #4216
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Flan-chan
Age: 12
Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Depends on whether you want to have it on canvas or paper. The solution is for treating the background which the paint is applied to if I am not wrong.

As for the cost, it would be appreciated if you give us the country and state you live in - places like Afghanistan or Iraq have only a few poster printing shops.
I didn't know there was so much to printing a poster. Ummm... I think I am fine with paper and I live in the U.S.
__________________
I love Flandre Scarlet
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 20:30   Link #4217
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Looking for Reason to hear it's voice
Age: 4
Send a message via AIM to thevil1
If all the criminals of the world were to be put onto one big island and left there... and then 50 or so years later normal people went back, what do you think it would be like?
__________________
A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles - Christopher Reeve
thevil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 20:54   Link #4218
Kudryavka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevil1 View Post
If all the criminals of the world were to be put onto one big island and left there... and then 50 or so years later normal people went back, what do you think it would be like?
The criminals would all be dead, so the normal people would come and replenish the population of bad people.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 21:05   Link #4219
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Looking for Reason to hear it's voice
Age: 4
Send a message via AIM to thevil1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
The criminals would all be dead, so the normal people would come and replenish the population of bad people.
What makes you think they would be dead? I would think they would form a government, and laws. And eventually any flaws that that government had would get taken down by fighting until a working form of ruling was being used.
__________________
A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles - Christopher Reeve
thevil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 21:07   Link #4220
Kudryavka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevil1 View Post
What makes you think they would be dead?
Some would be killed by the killers, the rest would die from fatigue or stress or just knowing they're surrounded by idiots.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
problem, q&a, questions, serious

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.