AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-09-13, 03:25   Link #1061
Gin
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In your mom's pants
No one should ever feel too good about their chances against the Saints
__________________
I hate most of you.

Last edited by Gin; 2010-09-13 at 03:38.
Gin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 06:57   Link #1062
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: The Seminole State
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
We got our tails kicked today. I'm not feeling good about our chances against the Saints now.
I had them as the best NFC defense for this year and Is it me or should we blame Alex Smith for being not consistent lately. There's nothing wrong with the defense but the offense is a real problem right now.
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 18:06   Link #1063
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Ugh @ this week. Watching the Pats curb stomp Cincy was fine and dandy, but then watching the Eagles game it was apparent just how big a mistake it was to trade away DMac. Kevin Kolb just plain sucks, and already has a concussion after his first starting game.

I wonder if Kolb is going to get Westbrook'd and get another concussion and get cut next season. I'd take Vick over Kevin Klob (and no that's not a typo) any day.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 00:18   Link #1064
White Manju Bun
God of Calamity
*Author
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Shibuya Psychic Research
Ok I expect the Ravens to be all D and not a lot of O but gahhhhhhh watching the Jets was just sad. Awesome hit Ray Lewis put on though.
__________________
Break - Pandora HeartsManju's Stuff
"I will always remember
when the Doctor was me."
- 11th Doctor.

Many thanks to kaigan
for the sig.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 07:02   Link #1065
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: The Seminole State
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Ok I expect the Ravens to be all D and not a lot of O but gahhhhhhh watching the Jets was just sad. Awesome hit Ray Lewis put on though.
Ravens D is frickin unstoppable, I can see a 8-0 run for them soon enough this season.
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 15:57   Link #1066
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe
*AnimeSuki Site Staff
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Milwaukee
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Ugh @ this week. Watching the Pats curb stomp Cincy was fine and dandy, but then watching the Eagles game it was apparent just how big a mistake it was to trade away DMac. Kevin Kolb just plain sucks, and already has a concussion after his first starting game.

I wonder if Kolb is going to get Westbrook'd and get another concussion and get cut next season. I'd take Vick over Kevin Klob (and no that's not a typo) any day.
Same here. Vick over Kolb is my pick. They just shouldn't have gotten rid of McNabb period. Not to mention our OL just plain reeks.

At least I got the pleasure of seeing McNabb and the Redskins beat the Cowboys. If the freaking Eagles don't make the playoffs (which I highly doubt) I'm rooting for the Redskins if they make it. McNabb deserves a ring.
__________________
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 17:28   Link #1067
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
Ravens D is frickin unstoppable, I can see a 8-0 run for them soon enough this season.
I hope you're right. There are going to be some tough games between now and the bye but the team certainly looks up for it.
__________________
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 18:38   Link #1068
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Zeon
Age: 23
Broncos were horrible :/, But not as bad as the Dolts
__________________
King Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 18:38   Link #1069
Samari
World's Greatest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
I had them as the best NFC defense for this year and Is it me or should we blame Alex Smith for being not consistent lately. There's nothing wrong with the defense but the offense is a real problem right now.
The defense does have holes. Especially the secondary. The entire team is a big problem. Not just Alex Smith. Their psyche is fragile. When the little bit of negativity happens, the team crumbles and gives up. It's sad. It seemed like the game was over when it was 7-6 Seattle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
No one should ever feel too good about their chances against the Saints
Yeah too bad this isn't the 90's anymore.
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 20:47   Link #1070
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: The Seminole State
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
The defense does have holes. Especially the secondary. The entire team is a big problem. Not just Alex Smith. Their psyche is fragile. When the little bit of negativity happens, the team crumbles and gives up. It's sad. It seemed like the game was over when it was 7-6 Seattle.



Yeah too bad this isn't the 90's anymore.
Is Mike Singletary making them the negative factor or it just the whole team? I believe Singletary may have done something wrong. They were good in the pre-season but why bad right now?
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 20:48   Link #1071
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: The Seminole State
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
Broncos were horrible :/, But not as bad as the Dolts
Broncos are good but the Colts D is messed up really bad or maybe Peyton Manning
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 20:50   Link #1072
ChainLegacy
廉頗
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Massachusetts, US
Age: 24
2001 style Patriots? Me like.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 22:46   Link #1073
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: The Seminole State
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
2001 style Patriots? Me like.
No! Enjoy your tainted SuperBowls son!
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 23:55   Link #1074
Kyuu
=^^=
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 42 10' N (Latitude) 87 33' W (Longitude)
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
Is Mike Singletary making them the negative factor or it just the whole team? I believe Singletary may have done something wrong. They were good in the pre-season but why bad right now?
They became full of themselves -- and Seattle came out as a bit of a surprise. After all, the public was pretty much handing the division over to the Niners.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 01:24   Link #1075
Samari
World's Greatest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
Is Mike Singletary making them the negative factor or it just the whole team? I believe Singletary may have done something wrong. They were good in the pre-season but why bad right now?
It could have been the hype, it could be a number of things. But this has been going on for a while now. The same stuff happened when the 49ers were coached by Mike Nolan and Jimmy Raye wasn't the offensive coordinator and Alex Smith was out due to injuries. It really didn't matter who was playing. The same ish happened. The 49ers would build momentum, and then when a team got a lead, or something happened the 49ers just break down and their heart disappears. It's like a curse seriously. Really how the hell do you fix that? Other factors that are causing us to screw up:

- Mike Singletary as head coach. I really don't think this man is the guy for the job. I'm not really on board with the whole "rah rah" thing...and I hate how the press gives him the benefit of the doubt because he's a Hall of Fame linebacker. There has been only one great player that has ever been a great NFL head coach, and that is Don Shula. Some may say Mike Ditka, but I personally didn't think he was a great head coach. In any case, Singletary's best experience is as a position coach. He doesn't know X's and O's. He got the job in San Francisco by default after winning a few meaningless games at the end of 2008. Sucks because had we actually done the smart thing and interviewed people, we could have had Mike Shanahan, someone I really wanted.

- Jimmy Raye. This guy has to be the most predictable offensive coordinator of all time. That is what is screwing us up on O really. We led the league in 3rd and 8's last year, and it really screwed up Shaun Hill and Alex Smith and made things a lot harder. Raye would basically run up the gut the majority of the time. It was borderline ridiculous. I wish Alex Smith was actually the coordinator, at least he had some common sense. Raye's track record as offensive coordinator isn't even very good. I'm assuming he signed on board with Singletary because Singletary had this clear vision of running the ball the majority of the time...which is why a lot of offensive coordinators didn't want to work under him and it took us forever to find someone. Raye was probably the only one that would agree to Singletary's terms.

- Alex Smith. Unless he has a fantastic year, he will certainly be a bust. And it's looking that way already. Most people gave up on him years ago. Unfortunately he's the best we have right now. There really isn't anyone else. Singletary has no faith in David Carr (no surprise). Alex has had a problem of throwing way too high to his receivers and suffered the same psyche breakdown like the rest of the team. He started out fantastic completing passes and moving the chains. But when Seattle got a 7-6 lead, the entire team including him, crumbled. Alex is going to have to have a blockbuster year. Or his tenure with the 49ers is over for sure.
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 03:54   Link #1076
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: John Galt Railroad
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Unbelievable...if that pass had been from Brady to Moss they never would have reviewed it. More shit for the Lions I guess.
Moss would have held onto the ball.

The call was correct based on the rule, but the rule is completely idiotic, and in that way the Lions got totally screwed. Stupid NFL has no common sense at all.

Pats really had their way with Cincy, and San Diego fell flat on their faces Monday Night.

Life is good.
__________________
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 04:14   Link #1077
Mute
エアコンを止めろ!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Send a message via AIM to Mute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
No one should ever feel too good about their chances against the Saints
You got that right.

Hope they do good again this year.
Mute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 05:09   Link #1078
Samari
World's Greatest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco
Age: 26
Speaking of the Saints, here is the great Jim Mora and his coaching rants. God I miss this guy in the NFL. At least he was honest.



Diddly Poo rant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tie0tz7jGDI

Coulda Woulda Shoulda rant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoknT...eature=related

Mad At Fans rant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvMwE...eature=related

Jim Mora Curses A Reporter Out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hksc...eature=related

You Think You Know, But You Never Will rant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHipz...eature=related

Jim Mora Makes A Dumb Reporter That Asks A Dumb Question Look Even Dumber:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuxSs...eature=related

Playoffs!? rant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwq7BYOnDrM
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 10:55   Link #1079
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: The Seminole State
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Moss would have held onto the ball.

The call was correct based on the rule, but the rule is completely idiotic, and in that way the Lions got totally screwed. Stupid NFL has no common sense at all.

Pats really had their way with Cincy, and San Diego fell flat on their faces Monday Night.

Life is good.
Well Kansas City had the upper and I wouldn't be shocked If they go 8-8 for this season. Their offense is really good this year with Jamaal Charles and Thomas Jones. They'll be this years smash and dash.
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 10:56   Link #1080
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: The Seminole State
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
It could have been the hype, it could be a number of things. But this has been going on for a while now. The same stuff happened when the 49ers were coached by Mike Nolan and Jimmy Raye wasn't the offensive coordinator and Alex Smith was out due to injuries. It really didn't matter who was playing. The same ish happened. The 49ers would build momentum, and then when a team got a lead, or something happened the 49ers just break down and their heart disappears. It's like a curse seriously. Really how the hell do you fix that? Other factors that are causing us to screw up:

- Mike Singletary as head coach. I really don't think this man is the guy for the job. I'm not really on board with the whole "rah rah" thing...and I hate how the press gives him the benefit of the doubt because he's a Hall of Fame linebacker. There has been only one great player that has ever been a great NFL head coach, and that is Don Shula. Some may say Mike Ditka, but I personally didn't think he was a great head coach. In any case, Singletary's best experience is as a position coach. He doesn't know X's and O's. He got the job in San Francisco by default after winning a few meaningless games at the end of 2008. Sucks because had we actually done the smart thing and interviewed people, we could have had Mike Shanahan, someone I really wanted.

- Jimmy Raye. This guy has to be the most predictable offensive coordinator of all time. That is what is screwing us up on O really. We led the league in 3rd and 8's last year, and it really screwed up Shaun Hill and Alex Smith and made things a lot harder. Raye would basically run up the gut the majority of the time. It was borderline ridiculous. I wish Alex Smith was actually the coordinator, at least he had some common sense. Raye's track record as offensive coordinator isn't even very good. I'm assuming he signed on board with Singletary because Singletary had this clear vision of running the ball the majority of the time...which is why a lot of offensive coordinators didn't want to work under him and it took us forever to find someone. Raye was probably the only one that would agree to Singletary's terms.

- Alex Smith. Unless he has a fantastic year, he will certainly be a bust. And it's looking that way already. Most people gave up on him years ago. Unfortunately he's the best we have right now. There really isn't anyone else. Singletary has no faith in David Carr (no surprise). Alex has had a problem of throwing way too high to his receivers and suffered the same psyche breakdown like the rest of the team. He started out fantastic completing passes and moving the chains. But when Seattle got a 7-6 lead, the entire team including him, crumbled. Alex is going to have to have a blockbuster year. Or his tenure with the 49ers is over for sure.
I would say Mike Martz is more better than Jimmy Raye in offense coordinating.
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
american football, sports

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.