AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-09-25, 02:25   Link #161
KeinikuSuki
鶏肉がとてもおいしい。

Send a message via ICQ to KeinikuSuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludd
I looked at my peer list earlier today, and I notice quite a few Azureus 2.1.0.5 users. Has the new version secretly leaked out? I didn't notice anything on a version check, or the website.
It's the latest CVS snapshot. You can get the most current build by visiting:

http://azureus.sourceforge.net/index_CVS.php

Remember, this is the CVS build, so it won't be perfect. To install, download the file into your Azureus directory (ie C:\Program Files\Azureus). Rename your original azureus2.jar file to something else. Finally, rename the file you downloaded to azureus2.jar.
Old 2004-09-25, 06:23   Link #162
Killerattacks

A further note: CVS versions are for Beta testing only, meaning you could loose all your current downloads in a worst case scenario (but I doubt it will happen^^).
So on the one hand you have a certain risk using this version but on the other hand you have additional features, that the latest stable version doesn't have. For example: The latest CVS's support disk/memory caching, which prevents azureus from writing data nonstop to you hdd even if it's just a few bytes.
Killerattacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 19:55   Link #163
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

I'm just wondering, in the Server Configuration, is it recommended to enable the UDP tracker client protocol?
Old 2004-09-25, 22:27   Link #164
Ubougin
Raging Bull

Thanks i finally got to understand some of those cryptic but oh so useful options.
Ubougin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-29, 21:29   Link #165
KoopaTroopa

I installed the SafePeer plugin, but now when I start Azureus, it takes about 1 minutes for Azureus to start because it's still loading the plugin. Is this normal? I keep getting impatient waiting for Az to start.

Thanks
KoopaTroopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-02, 16:31   Link #166
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

An alternative of that SafePeer thing is to download something like PeerGuardian or ProtoWall along with the Blocklist Manager.
Old 2004-10-08, 16:14   Link #167
KingMishima

Hi i have 2 problems (maybe) with azureus. i maybe just be doing something wrong.

my isp says i have an advertised D:6Mb/U:512kb so i set my KB/s global max upload speed to 60. 512/8 - 4. and my Default max upload slots per torrent to 10. all other settings on transfer tab are set to 0 for unlimited. also im not using upnp auto thingy, instead im portforwarding manually. first prob is that my dl speed doesnt usually go higher then say 70-75KB/s. not sure if this is normal but ive seen screenshots of other users with dl speed in the 300's!! what im a doing wrong, it seems with a 6MB/s dl speed (tested at 5.2MB/s actually) that i should easily be able to achieve 300KB/s dl speeds.

secondly, for the life of me i cannot get the autospeed plugin to work. i dl'ed the cvs, whatever that is, and made an autospeed folder in the plugin folder and extracted within that folder. did the same process for safepeer plugin and it works just fine. if autospeed will auto configure azureus so that i can achieve the max dl speed for my connection id really love for this plugin to work. thanks for any help and the guide.
KingMishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-13, 20:23   Link #168
Lunchboxx

Send a message via AIM to Lunchboxx Send a message via MSN to Lunchboxx Send a message via Yahoo to Lunchboxx
I looked all threw the config and I couldn't find a way to make Azureus to open on windows startup.....is there a way to do it?
Old 2004-10-14, 11:16   Link #169
Sylf
翻訳家わなびぃ
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Sylf Send a message via Yahoo to Sylf
Yup. Copy the Azureus shortcut to your "Startup" folder within your Start menu. It's not in Azureus config.
Sylf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 19:15   Link #170
Lunchboxx

Send a message via AIM to Lunchboxx Send a message via MSN to Lunchboxx Send a message via Yahoo to Lunchboxx
oh....I didn't even know you could do that, thanks that a useful thing to know.
Old 2004-10-17, 15:51   Link #171
Sosseres

Disconnection issues

Well I am runing azureus, and have been for 5 days now, this has caused my unupgradeble( 4-5 years old) adsl modem to freeze all traffic at an average of twice a day and atleast once while I am asleep. I know it is azureus because when I try to maximise connections and speeds it always freezes, ie no max connections, no max speed on tranfer page.

I am on a 2.5/0.7 adsl connection with the following settings applied on the transfer page. Hosting this on my computer so hopefully it won't get disconnected before you read this or I have it back on then.

On the tracker page I am runing these settings:

On the queue page:

Runing port 6881 forwarded in my router to this computer, also runing with disabled software firewall to establish the error. Also runing with UPD enabled but nothing typed in. Runing type 2.

UPnP enabled with both top options clicked but not the three display ones below.

The way I get my connection back is by unplugging my adsl modem and then restarting it that way. Afterwards I restart my router since it stops displaying the lamp for the wan connection.

Ping while typing this with azureus runing is from a low 66 up to a high 400, normal ping without any net trafic except ping is at 16 ms.

My router is also quite swamped from the traffic since it takes a long while to load any page in it, 2 min + instead of a second

If I left anything out that might be usefull please tell me and I can most likely provide the details.

*Edit*

That was just plainly to slow what I have up there, increasing maximum
connections to 200 on transfer page.

*Edit Again*

I am trying to pinpoint the exact settings that give best speed and not crash my modem right now, up to 60/400 connections on traffic page. Will continue to raise it and take the second highest stable one, any advice for raising this figure later on would be greatly apriciated.

Last edited by Sosseres; 2004-10-18 at 04:30.
Sosseres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-01, 05:34   Link #172
Anita-chan
Disabled By Request

everyone, a new version of AZ is out ... go find it la
Anita-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-02, 21:29   Link #173
TheLaughingMan
Nee-san is...

Send a message via AIM to TheLaughingMan
Hey sin, thanks for the guide. I tried azureus before, but for some reason stopped using it. Lately I have been dling at about 12-20 Kb/s, while I know my max is much higher, also by the time i had DLed 100 MB, I had uploaded over 600! I switched back to azureus, hoping that it might make me dl faster, and put a cap on my upload, now its going much faster.

One question though. I was DLing an Anbu AonE Naruto pak, and it was at 74% on the regular bt client. I then switched to azureus, and it resumed dling at 60%. The pak has finished, and the files seem fine, does this mean thats some missing bits are on my computer (for lack of a technical term)?

Thanks to necrodeath for the sig!
TheLaughingMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 05:35   Link #174
blueskies

i did everything the guide says and i got this
downloadspeed 0b/s sometime it changes into 1.0 !!

is it suppose to happen this way? and my smilely is yellow aint green

dl/ul speed 375/168 ....
divide by 8... 47/21 -4 = 43/17

i putted my kb/s gobal max upload speed at 17

is it correct?

my kb/s gobal max download speed at 0

and i keep clicking on the update tracker like 2~3 mins the button is ready to press

did i do something wrong ?

share ratio 0.431

seed 6 connected (16 in swam) peers 1 : (44 in swarm)

the rest is the same as the screenshot , please help =(

and i am downloading another torrent dearS 7 but it...s much faster !@!@!@!

seed 4 connected (11 in swarm)
peer (6)

download speed 13.8~16.1 (sometime way more but never hits 17)

share ratio 1.094

erm anyhelp?
blueskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 06:26   Link #175
anime_fan

Hi, I have a problem here.

Recently, I upgraded my SafePeer from v2.1 to 2.3. However, after upgrading, my Azureus doesn't seem to be able to start. I waited for 10mins and the cilent is still loading the safepeer. May I know what's the reason behind that? Thanks a lot
anime_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 17:40   Link #176
Sakaki
Watakushi wa heiki desu!

Send a message via AIM to Sakaki
I was just wondering if anyone knows any pros/cons of using the auto up speed plug-in.
Old 2004-11-23, 01:43   Link #177
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

I think I asked this question before, but are there any advantages to enabling the use of UDP on Azureus? I understand that UDP has less overhead and all, but lately I've been having instances where I would be stuck at 99.9% or so, and Azureus would ban a whole bunch of seeders and peers who were supposedly giving me bad data. It's happening more often than before.

I've done memory checks, I've done virus scans, I've done bad sector scans, and it all comes up clean. So could it be the UDP's lack of data CRC data in it's header that causes this?

Bear in mind that I have no real idea of the internal workings of the BitTorrent transfer method.
Old 2004-11-30, 18:25   Link #178
mo_freestyle

Question

Hello,

I have a question, I never had any problems downloading with Azureus but now I have some files and I keep getting this error:

Error (share ratio violation; please raise your share ratio up to 2.5first)

How in the world can I raise up my share ratio when I have nothing of the file?

Does anybody know?

Thanks

MO
mo_freestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 18:29   Link #179
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo_freestyle
Hello,

I have a question, I never had any problems downloading with Azureus but now I have some files and I keep getting this error:

Error (share ratio violation; please raise your share ratio up to 2.5first)

How in the world can I raise up my share ratio when I have nothing of the file?

Does anybody know?

Thanks

MO
You are probably using a tracker that keeps track of your overall Share Ratio. If that's the case and normal trackers like Scarywater etc do work, then you are dealing with a problem that is not connected to your client but to the rules of the site you're downloading from.
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 03:08   Link #180
mansour

Thanx alot for the effort and taking the time to post this information here, i really appreciate it alot

well i was gonna for it, but i change my mind when i read the last pages of this thread. whats wrong with the latest version?!

I'm using bitturnado, it's alright for someone who doesn't know any better clients. but it never goes over 40 kbps, which really pisses me off!
mansour is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
outdated guide, wiki candidate