AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Clannad

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-08-28, 02:05   Link #121
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NSW, Australia
Age: 20
Azu-nyan's fine, but K-On has literally lost the plot...anyway, I don't think we'll be seeing any Key adaptations for a while.
Khu is offline  
Old 2010-08-28, 04:48   Link #122
Kudryavka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
And I thought KyoAni was done with K-On.

Then they hit me with the K-On!! which totally ruined the franchise for me.
But KyoAni has been making tons of cash off of K-ON, and that's the only reason I think they even bothered to make !!. (S1 wrapped everything up nicely, would have been a nice end). Can't say the same for Clannad, since all that KyoAni could sell for Clannad were DVDs (and maybe some figures); any soundtracks, books, random Broccoli merch, the original game itself, etc. was done through Key/VisualArt's, and only Key/VisualArt's reaped those profits. On the other hand, the only thing I think KyoAni isn't getting money for from K-ON is the manga itself, that's it; KyoAni practically owns the entire K-ON empire.
Kudryavka is offline  
Old 2010-09-14, 10:00   Link #123
TheRealTRXD
Not making an impression
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: England
I can't speak for Tomoyo After, but surely a Planetarian movie would make sense, it's the perfect length, I just hope and pray Toei doesn't get there first! *shudder*
TheRealTRXD is offline  
Old 2010-09-14, 10:06   Link #124
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
Every time I see this thread getting bumped I get filled with the hopes that I'll finally see Reverie be animated, only to see my hopes get dashed again.

Goddammit.
MeoTwister5 is offline  
Old 2010-09-19, 16:21   Link #125
Kudryavka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealTRXD View Post
I can't speak for Tomoyo After, but surely a Planetarian movie would make sense, it's the perfect length, I just hope and pray Toei doesn't get there first! *shudder*
Hm? I liked Toei's rendition of Air, even though it was super botched to fit in two hours. Haven't seen the Clannad movie, but I think that Key likes Toei to do their movies.
Kudryavka is offline  
Old 2010-09-25, 14:14   Link #126
TheRealTRXD
Not making an impression
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Hm? I liked Toei's rendition of Air, even though it was super botched to fit in two hours. Haven't seen the Clannad movie, but I think that Key likes Toei to do their movies.
I can't actually speak for Air, but I saw the original Kanon series and the Clannad movie, the storyline in both of them were pretty badly butchered, especially in kanon, so I guess I can't help but think pretty badly of them.

I'm also just generally not fond of Toei's animation style, its not that I'm particularly fond of KyoAni's either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Every time I see this thread getting bumped I get filled with the hopes that I'll finally see Reverie be animated, only to see my hopes get dashed again.

Goddammit.
lol, I sincerely apologize
TheRealTRXD is offline  
Old 2010-09-27, 16:54   Link #127
HitoriTomoyo
Tomoe Mami Fan
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealTRXD View Post
I'm also just generally not fond of Toei's animation style, its not that I'm particularly fond of KyoAni's either.
CHINS.

Kanon 2002 wasn't all that bad (I'd still watch it again if I could find it). The OVA was also chinteresting.
__________________


TOMOE MAMI FOREVER <3
HitoriTomoyo is offline  
Old 2010-09-27, 17:34   Link #128
TheRealTRXD
Not making an impression
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: England
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitoriTomoyo View Post
CHINS.

Kanon 2002 wasn't all that bad (I'd still watch it again if I could find it). The OVA was also chinteresting.
Sorry, I really don't understand what your saying >.<

(I do agree the OVA was kind of interesting though)
TheRealTRXD is offline  
Old 2010-09-27, 20:05   Link #129
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealTRXD View Post
I can't actually speak for Air, but I saw the original Kanon series and the Clannad movie, the storyline in both of them were pretty badly butchered, especially in kanon, so I guess I can't help but think pretty badly of them.

I'm also just generally not fond of Toei's animation style, its not that I'm particularly fond of KyoAni's either.
Indeed... Toei did make a bad impression of animation by butchering Kanon by alot. As well as animation compared to Kyoto Animation.
__________________
MyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: Hooves
Signature from: Patchy
Hooves is offline  
Old 2011-02-16, 01:24   Link #130
germanturkey
Smiling Monster
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 25
i had a very strong sudden urge to look up new info on anything related to planetarian. there was nothing. i'll be the first to say i hate people bumping this thread and giving false hope (heck, there's probably a post of me in the last few pages saying such a thing a few years ago). But now i'm listening to the best tracks on the OST and its making me long for it. I need something that'll make me bawl my eyes out, and i know this will do it.
__________________
Aria is the best series EVER. Rewatch Origination with me.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline  
Old 2011-02-17, 09:41   Link #131
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
And now that you yourself bumped this thread I come into it with the same query, only to once again get my hopes washed away like sand from the palm of a small hand.

Goddammit.
MeoTwister5 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.