AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-04-05, 07:18   Link #41
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

they changed some story events... sometimes even key story events... I guess they think some parts of the manga are just too... morally controversial for an anime?
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 22:20   Link #42
a7m4

I was wandering around the web and found that Lupin Gang Anime had scripts online for Yamato and Space, and the bottom of the site states they are "free for general use." Yamato is already timed as well!

They also released the Karma chapter on a VHS fansub (as far as I know Yamato and Space were not), but unfortunately the script doesn't seem to be available online. Someone should try to email them to see if they have it.

EDIT: Script Club has LGAs timed Karma scripts.

Last edited by a7m4; 2004-04-09 at 03:54.
a7m4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 06:10   Link #43
marin

Well, Dawn/Sunrise has finished. I'm pretty sure that ending was different than the manga...

However, my familiarity with the original manga comes from the english translation published by Viz in North America, but as I understand it that wasn't the most accurate translation and they changed a few things.

So maybe some of the differences I noticed were because of the english translation of the manga and not changes to the anime adaptation?

Can anyone help here?
marin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 15:34   Link #44
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
they changed some story events... sometimes even key story events... I guess they think some parts of the manga are just too... morally controversial for an anime?
Can you (or someone else) please give us some examples of what was changed becuase it was morally controversal?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 17:13   Link #45
Green²
It's Magic

I guessing that the Hi No Tori thread is under DVD & Licensed, that the series has been licensed? Any sources on this?
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 17:22   Link #46
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

This question was asked back on page one of this thread. I'll repeat my answer: Hi no Tori - Licensed or not?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-05-06, 15:05   Link #47
Proz
Known only as..

Send a message via Yahoo to Proz
I know Hi No Tori is still a toss-up if it is actually licensed.

I beg and plea that F-B or any other group pick up and continue this series until it is "officially" released either on DVD or on TV in the USA. This series has largely gone under the radar with fansubbers. I decided to finally watch it since I had read the english [Viz] books. I have to say after 4 episodes that wow, this is easily the most impressive series to come out in 2004. Sure, it doesn't animate all the details but it keeps the meat intact. I was absolutely engrossed by this anime series and that's only after 4 episodes.

If F-B has stopped due to the licensing question that can be understood. After getting a taste of this series, I'd love to know what happens. I'm quivering to know how the rest of the series flows.
Proz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 16:58   Link #48
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

hehe. Watched the first episode on this then never got back to it. But now that I have I think it's gotta be one of the best series of 2004. Still trying to find the DVD's of it as I haven't seen PBS release them nor broadcast this yet (which still doesn't answer the licenced or not question) but everyone I've shown it to, with the exception of 2 people that I know of, have been left just dumbstruck and speachless with this anime. And I mean that in a good way as in the anime is THAT GOOD!!

It'd be cool to find out if PBS is ever going to release this on DVD and if so, where the heck are they?? I'd also be curious to know if it was gonna be english dubbed because I know that half of the other people I wanna show this too absolutely will not watch subbed anime, so unless it's dubbed, they won't watch. As much as I abhore that, it's their choice, so I gotta abide by it. *shrug*

Anyone got any current info? I looked around amazon and there ain't squat on it there, and PBS has absolutely nothing on it on their site either.
Old 2004-09-30, 17:11   Link #49
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

I wrote to WNET/13 and asked them, "Could you please tell me if WNET has acquired the rights to show this program in the United States? If so, do you plan to have it subtitled
and aired on your network?"

They replied, "Thank you for taking the time to write regarding FIRE BIRD (Hi no Tori). At this date we have no information about this program. Please write back later in the year for more information."

Old 2004-09-30, 17:18   Link #50
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

So is that a quiet way to say "It's not licenced" or is it more of a "We have no clue ourselves"? o_0
Old 2004-10-01, 00:12   Link #51
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

That's a quiet way of saying "We have no clue ourselves."

Froth-bite did a great job of subbing this show, but because of our insecurity regarding its licensing status I can't get in trouble for telling you who subbed it, or linking to their site, but we still don't list it on our site.

Altogether it is quite troublesome.