AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2010-09-22, 22:59   Link #7121
Used Can

Meh... the latest chapter was... Okay, Nagi has finally realised she's nowhere near the level of a pro mangaka (do tell!). We've also learnt that Azumamiya's family is full of mangaka, but either way, in my opinion, yet another boring episode.

It seems Chiharu and Luca are friends, but I guess that was hinted at the end of the Greece arc.
Old 2010-09-23, 04:32   Link #7122
blade82

sorry to ask but who is Azumamiya
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 07:18   Link #7123
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
Long long ago, there was a guy who had a sword fight with Hina in the Kendo club. His name is Azumamiya.

That's how boring the recent chapter is.
Old 2010-09-23, 07:25   Link #7124
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
The wuss with Nonohara as butler. When Nagi/Hayate visited Hina's kendo club, and Hayate ended up fighting "SAFETY SHUTTER" Nonohara and Hina whacked down Azumamiya (who was jealous about Hayate's closeness with Hina)

The only positive thing I could possibly see about him is his Hina connection. But even so... *yawn*

I'm not sure what Hata is doing at the moment. I think he's trying to establish a new wide-range storyline to develop Nagi, but the limitations he gave her in the past (being little more than a bratty kid living in her own world) will be difficult to overcome. And sorry - it's neither really funny, interesting or dramatic in any way.

*sighs and shakes his head*

Maybe he should have ended the story with the Royal Garden arc after all.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 14:47   Link #7125
fukarming

I don't think it is as bad as most of you think.

It is necessary for Hata to change Nagi's behavior after she is not rich anymore. She can pass off plenty of antics in the past as a bratty rich kid, which is kinda funny and cute in a way. If she keeps doing the same things as she did in the past after she is not rich anymore, she is just plain annoying.

Whether it is a good move to make Nagi poor is another matter though.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 15:43   Link #7126
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
The wuss with Nonohara as butler. When Nagi/Hayate visited Hina's kendo club, and Hayate ended up fighting "SAFETY SHUTTER" Nonohara and Hina whacked down Azumamiya (who was jealous about Hayate's closeness with Hina)

The only positive thing I could possibly see about him is his Hina connection. But even so... *yawn*

I'm not sure what Hata is doing at the moment. I think he's trying to establish a new wide-range storyline to develop Nagi, but the limitations he gave her in the past (being little more than a bratty kid living in her own world) will be difficult to overcome. And sorry - it's neither really funny, interesting or dramatic in any way.

*sighs and shakes his head*

i will give hata credit that he recognize how limited Nagi is as character and that he can only ride rich bratty kid storyline for so long. He either need to change Nagi's character or change main characters.

A lot of mangaka would probably just ride this down in flames for as long as they can without changing anything.
Old 2010-09-23, 21:48   Link #7127
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:

Um ... wow. I ... don't even know what to say. Things must pretty dire for the manga for you to say this.
Quote:
Do you remember all the way back to chapter 269 when Hayate got into his Hermione get up and we left the chapter with the cliffhanger with him trying to seduce Klaus? You recall when next chapter we ended up with the whole thing just resolved off screen and the reason Hata gave on his blog was that he had a writers-block?

Yeah, looking back on that, I think we should have taken that as an indicator for how this arc would be handled.

No matter what limitations Nagi might have as a character, in the hands of a competent writer, they can be overcome, difficult as they may, it's not an impossibility. However, from the looks of, Hata seems to have given his A-game during the Greek Arc, and after that was exhausted and is now just ... not motivated to actually writer a half decent story anymore.
Old 2010-09-24, 00:32   Link #7128
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Yeah, looking back on that, I think we should have taken that as an indicator for how this arc would be handled.

No matter what limitations Nagi might have as a character, in the hands of a competent writer, they can be overcome, difficult as they may, it's not an impossibility. However, from the looks of, Hata seems to have given his A-game during the Greek Arc, and after that was exhausted and is now just ... not motivated to actually writer a half decent story anymore.
I don't know, this arc is actually looking hopeful now to me.
He's probably already planned out the story from start to finish and just tossing us tidbits.

Maybe that's what this arc is about, showing how hard it actually is for a mangaka.
Most authors just make comments about it in special bits, Hata is actually integrating it into the storyline.

Would people quit throwing my faith in humanity being intelligent a shovel?
... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.
The world is winning.. by leaps and bounds.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Bastion_Arcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 11:20   Link #7129
Tom Bombadil

No matter how boring recent chapters are, delicious Hina spoiler is still delicious.

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=897299608
Old 2010-09-25, 12:12   Link #7130
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
No matter how boring recent chapters are, delicious Hina spoiler is still delicious.

That is quite delicious. Can we get Izumi in on some of this action? She's already gotten closer to the treasured place than anyone else!
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 12:50   Link #7131
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:

Warning Miki! Hayate was called a pervert for doing something similar to that in the anime filler XD

Course, this is Miki.. she wouldn't care at all
now if only she gets to play a part in the plot, being called on to help with the manga draft time crunch?

... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.

Last edited by Bastion_Arcion; 2010-09-25 at 13:28.
Old 2010-09-25, 12:53   Link #7132
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

is this just the cover for the next chapter? or is Hata seriously interrupting this manga arc midway to add yet another random Hina-filled fanservice chapter? please tell me that is not the case and it continues were the last one left off...

I like my Hina chapters as much as anyone but...seriously, if he did this I would be seriously disappointed.
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 13:18   Link #7133
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
is this just the cover for the next chapter? or is Hata seriously interrupting this manga arc midway to add yet another random Hina-filled fanservice chapter? please tell me that is not the case and it continues were the last one left off...

I like my Hina chapters as much as anyone but...seriously, if he did this I would be seriously disappointed.
There's not much to directly play off of from the previous chapter. That is, unless you just want an entire chapter of the gang drawing manga. There needs to be some sort of time skip, even if it's just a few hours, so there's no real reason why there can't be an interlude.
Old 2010-09-25, 15:31   Link #7134
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

I would've liked to see how Hayate will deal with Nagi's newfound "oh god I suck" attitude after seeing the pro's manuscript. But I guess i'll have to wait for next week for that. At least Hina is cute...damn you to hell Hata
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 19:39   Link #7135
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Posting here and on MF is a pain, so I'll be short.

It might not be a real Hina / Miki chapter at all. In the previous chapter Maria was on the cover, yet she had absolutely nothing to do with it.

It might be the same here. Let's not jump to conclusions, though I already wrote a little possible scenario on MF if it does end up being a chapter about those two.

And that's about all I have to say at the moment.

Old 2010-09-25, 23:35   Link #7136
Tom Bombadil

What Rah said might be quite true, but the lower right corner of the spoiler picture give me a bit hope that it is going to be Hina chapter.

つかんでいるのは ヒモというより導火線?

What she is holding is more like a fuse than a string?

Here "fuse" is used metaphorically: meaning the "fuse" of some massive or dramatic event.
Old 2010-09-25, 23:36   Link #7137
GDB

Quote:
つかんでいるのは ヒモというより導火線?

What she is holding is more like a fuse than a string.

Here "fuse" is used metaphorically: meaning the trigger of some massive or dramatic event.
I think the fuse is more about Hina's anger.
Old 2010-09-25, 23:45   Link #7138
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
That is certainly possible. Maybe I am hoping for too much.
Old 2010-09-26, 17:48   Link #7139
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Or fuse of her embarrassment, Miki undoing the top of her dress and then leaving Hina to think that she did that herself in her sleep. "Innocent" comment about who she was dreaming about, perfect line for Miki to use as well.

Old 2010-09-27, 12:18   Link #7140
Used Can

I honestly wouldn't mind a Hina fanservice chapter, if I get the chance to skip the previous borefest. Of course, if we go back to the Yosora storyline, even better.

As for Nagi's limitations, that's how Hata wrote her. He's definitely been developing her throughout the entire manga, that much is undeniable, but I think he should keep the same pace. Trying to develop her at a faster pace, because he probably believes he hasn't developed her enough, currently, I believe is not a good idea. Of course, by the time this arc ends, we may be thinking different, and this turned out to be good. However, as of now, this arc so far, with the exception of Luca and Yosora (and they haven't got too much focus) for most of the part has been rather boring. I'm not even comparing it to the Greece arc, but to any other arc. It's simply plain boring. Naturally, this is just my opinion, but it seems several other people seem to share it. So, that may mean something.

Tags
comedy, shounen