Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-09-23, 19:56   Link #5821
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Land Mounts are probably only gonna be used in dungeons/raids that allow it, and anti-fly zones from now on. Everywhere else is flying in the skies. So PvP is hardly gonna be seen unless you go to the new Cataclysm zones.
Well what I mean by PVP stuff are -current- BGs including wintergrasp don't allow to using flying mounts is what I meant, so land mounts are/will be used there still.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 19:58   Link #5822
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Well what I mean by PVP stuff are -current- BGs including wintergrasp don't allow to using flying mounts is what I meant, so land mounts are/will be used there still.
I know, I was also implying that since Flying Mounts are so popular these days, there is barely any World PvP if you ever noticed it in BC. There was barely anymore epic ambushes or attacks anymore
Old 2010-09-23, 20:26   Link #5823
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
I know, I was also implying that since Flying Mounts are so popular these days, there is barely any World PvP if you ever noticed it in BC. There was barely anymore epic ambushes or attacks anymore
Clearly you've never been an herbalist or miner on a PVP server then , as from what my friends have told on me being one of those where the oppose faction is dominate you get ambushed A LOT :x.
MAL
Old 2010-09-23, 20:31   Link #5824
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Clearly you've never been an herbalist or miner on a PVP server then , as from what my friends have told on me being one of those where the oppose faction is dominate you get ambushed A LOT :x.
Well I'm a miner, but never seen one Ally pass by me while I was mining. Its either the fact they already stole the ore, or they havnt been there yet.
Old 2010-09-23, 20:33   Link #5825
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

*shrug* I wouldn't put it past them. A mount like that staying on a Level 45 boss seems a bit unlikely as it would be ridiculously easy to farm. Kara/MGT/Sethekk/TK/Ony/VoA would retain theirs due to difficulty.

But in all honesty, my main concern is Cata. It should NOT be released on November 2. It's nowhere near ready.
Old 2010-09-23, 20:34   Link #5826
Xacual

I don't see how a level 45 is any different than a level 60 in terms of current wow. Some classes can already solo old 40man bosses and some can even solo current 10 and 25 man bosses so a lvl 60 vs a lvl 45 doesn't mean anything anymore.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 20:36   Link #5827
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I don't see how a level 45 is any different than a level 60 in terms of current wow. Some classes can already solo old 40man bosses and some can even solo current 10 and 25 man bosses so a lvl 60 vs a lvl 45 doesn't mean anything anymore.
Are you referring to my Death Knight idol?

Rotface has an enrage timer?

Old 2010-09-23, 20:58   Link #5828
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

One other I've been meaning to asking if I recall there was work that achievements are becoming an account wide thing in cata instead of a character thing, so does that also mean rewards will be given to all characters on the account when one character earns? [ie if I get "the patient" on one characters would all of them have the title]
MAL
Old 2010-09-23, 21:07   Link #5829
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
One other I've been meaning to asking if I recall there was work that achievements are becoming an account wide thing in cata instead of a character thing, so does that also mean rewards will be given to all characters on the account when one character earns? [ie if I get "the patient" on one characters would all of them have the title]
Correct, I suppose players were tired of getting an incredibly hard achievement on all of their characters. That Blizzard thought it would be best to have the person that earned 1 achievement, be spread to all of his/her characters. The rewards will be mailed, and the titles will be instantly given... Or so I think.
Old 2010-09-23, 22:46   Link #5830
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
You forget I'm a class that doesn't come with several reset buttons. Merely escape ones.
Old 2010-09-23, 23:07   Link #5831
Xacual

That doesn't change a 5man boss though all classes at 80 can do that, I was just using the 40man boss killing as examples. (Side Note I should really try to solo Magtheridon again when i reactivate my account before Cata, it's been a while since I tried last)

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 23:38   Link #5832
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well, yeah. But the point being my Mage has to be MUCH more careful and is much slower and doing them. While my Shaman and Death Knight can just faceroll it. Hell, my Shaman can just about solo Karazhan while the trash leaves my Mage on the redline nearly every time.

But it's not like I'm used to it in Cata anyway. In Uldum it's all Frostbolt, Ice Lance, (Imp Cone of Cold, 2 Ice Lances, Frostbolt), repeat the section in brackets until something dies. Drink after I kill two mobs. VERY slow going. Which was the point I was trying to make before. I wasn't saying it wasn't doable. I'm just saying for some classes it's much harder. Doing the Jack Bauer questline yesterday, I realised how much slower I'm going to be in downing things and that I'm going to have to get the timing on cooldowns just right or I'm screwed.
Old 2010-09-23, 23:43   Link #5833
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Hopefully Life Tap and Fel Armor maintains the frontline firepower while questing (with a Voidwalker I suppose to keep the mobs off me at least for two DoTs). Of course With the shifts in the talents and Soul Shards something might be more interesting. But since patch 2.4 or 3.0 I've been able to do fairly well leveling a Destro warlock with a Voidwalker. As oppose to during 2.3 when I had to drink a lot (didn't use Life Tap effectively while learning to level because my early experiment seemed like it took away too much life and thus seemed pointless compared to just drinking)
Old 2010-09-24, 00:02   Link #5834
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Warlocks now have their own form of Evocation on Cata. They'll NEVER run out of mana.
Old 2010-09-24, 13:54   Link #5835
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well, now that I finally have the latest beta patch downloaded, I had a very intense session in Uldum tonight. Simply, this zone is just spellbinding. It may be the best one Blizzard has come up with. The storylines flow very well, the different landscapes and architectures within the zone are impressive. The friendly faction, the Ramanken, are pretty cool. But Harrison Jones steals the show and then some! If you thought he was merely around for humour, get ready to change that thought. In Uldum he is serious business and proves to be a lifesaver and a source of some damn good gear upgrades.

Right when I finished what was available, I finally cracked the ilvl 305 average required to be able to queue for instances. I then hunted the entrances down so I could actually queue. Only 5 were available for some reason - 3 in Uldum, 1 in Deepholm and 1 in Twilight Highlands. Will hopefully get into some groups tomorrow. Vortex Pinnacle is the one I'm really hoping to see a full run of - place is just spectacular.
Old 2010-09-24, 15:24   Link #5836
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Warlocks now have their own form of Evocation on Cata. They'll NEVER run out of mana.
Now it seems the warlocks are getting the boost-up instead of Paladins
Old 2010-09-24, 15:27   Link #5837
GDB

Quote:
Now it seems the warlocks are getting the boost-up instead of Paladins
So it really is a "back to basics" (read: Vanilla WoW) path that they're trying to achieve.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 15:39   Link #5838
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
So it really is a "back to basics" (read: Vanilla WoW) path that they're trying to achieve.
Blizzard probably got fed up with people complaining that "Vanilla WoW" was the best part of the entire World of Warcraft game. So they are indeed trying to go back to the basics and retracing their steps to achieve this goal. Of course they are adding the effects they had with Wotlk into the mix though
Old 2010-09-25, 16:51   Link #5839
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Ugh, I am quite annoyed today as I had spent time this week to grind my druid alt to 20[and man did it remind me how much I hate playing bear form], and was planning to granted levels to 60, but it seems only the veteran player can be granted levels, and not the recruited? I really don't understand why they didn't allow it both ways, when the purpose of the thing was to help both players I thought .
MAL
Old 2010-09-25, 16:53   Link #5840
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Ugh, I am quite annoyed today as I had spent time this week to grind my druid alt to 20[and man did it remind me how much I hate playing bear form], and was planning to granted levels to 60, but it seems only the veteran player can be granted levels, and not the recruited? I really don't understand why they didn't allow it both ways, when the purpose of the thing was to help both players I thought .
I'm confused.. What do you mean by only veteran players can be granted levels? Also what do you mean by planning to granted levels to 60?

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows