AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-08-31, 11:24   Link #1321
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
Damn, she just saw Accelerator literally turning that sister into mush. Poor girl must have been traumatized by that scene. Accelerator owes Misaka a lot.

And I'll have to agree that the suspense is gone since we pretty much know what will happen from here on out. We'll just have to sit back and enjoy the scenery. I'm looking forward to that heart warming scene in the bridge, and a certain someone's fist flying into a certain someone's face.
I'll be looking forward to her reaction after the fight, where she's thinking of what gift to get while Touma's in the hospital, then walks in to Touma's room only to see his hand on 10032's chest.
Shadow5YA is offline  
Old 2010-08-31, 13:57   Link #1322
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Inside my mind
Chapter 34 has now been translated in English.
RPG_Fanatic is offline  
Old 2010-08-31, 19:50   Link #1323
Pyromania
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
While there isn't much suspense in what *will* happen, there is a certain amount of enjoyment to be derived from watching Mikoto reach her breaking point and lose her mind.

Notable Mikoto-is-going-insane moments from this arc:

- Suffering a double-trama in rapid succession: finding out that she has been cloned as she feared, and then finding out brutally WHY she was cloned

- Destroying her sleep pattern. Pretty minor, but is generally a good sign of depression/insanity.

- Actually starting to hallucinate when she met 10031. This was pretty disturbing.

- Starting to have conversations with herself that involve actively lashing out at random as a response to her own conversation.

- Suicidal depression

It's just been a great ride to watch an otherwise very heroic determinator type be brought down to this level. And the gradually worsening insane facial expressions are always priceless.
Pyromania is offline  
Old 2010-08-31, 23:16   Link #1324
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania View Post
While there isn't much suspense in what *will* happen, there is a certain amount of enjoyment to be derived from watching Mikoto reach her breaking point and lose her mind.

Notable Mikoto-is-going-insane moments from this arc:

- Suffering a double-trama in rapid succession: finding out that she has been cloned as she feared, and then finding out brutally WHY she was cloned

- Destroying her sleep pattern. Pretty minor, but is generally a good sign of depression/insanity.

- Actually starting to hallucinate when she met 10031. This was pretty disturbing.

- Starting to have conversations with herself that involve actively lashing out at random as a response to her own conversation.

- Suicidal depression

It's just been a great ride to watch an otherwise very heroic determinator type be brought down to this level. And the gradually worsening insane facial expressions are always priceless.
Likewise, I think it'll be very heartwarming to see how Touma's fight plays out through her point of view, and how she became compelled to ask 10032 not to stop the experiment, but to protect Touma's goal.
Shadow5YA is offline  
Old 2010-09-06, 08:25   Link #1325
Pyromania
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Crazy conjecture time: Mikoto uses the opportunity when Accelerator is KO'd to brainwash him into never hurting one of her Sisters again.

Plausible, impossible, laughable?
Pyromania is offline  
Old 2010-09-06, 08:56   Link #1326
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
laughable! the best crazy yet so great and fantastic that I forgot this is railgun thread -_- *o* \;-;/
__________________

tsunade666 is offline  
Old 2010-09-06, 13:12   Link #1327
Pyromania
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Hey, I said 'crazy conjecture time'

I'm hoping for SOME kind of twist that we wouldn't have already seen.
Pyromania is offline  
Old 2010-09-06, 13:49   Link #1328
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
well I did say crazy really it made me laugh just thinking about it and don't take it the bad way. It's just too crazy
__________________

tsunade666 is offline  
Old 2010-09-08, 07:44   Link #1329
Bordix
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
I think the brainwashing part takes too much time, and Touma wasn't really in good condition after his fight with Accelerator. Knowing Misaka, her priority should be to take him to the hospital immediately rather than getting back at Accelerator.

What would be interesting is what she did when Touma was recuperating. My speculation is she herself spread the rumors about the strongest esper losing to a level 0; monitored the status of the sisters and then bought cookies for Touma. As for Shinobu, I doubt we'll know her whereabouts at the end of the arc. I do think she'll appear again as soon as the sisters gets involved though.
Spoiler for novel spoilers:
__________________
.
Bordix is offline  
Old 2010-09-08, 09:07   Link #1330
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
I doubt about Mikoto having time to spread rumors around. Though Shinobu can. The chances are bigger for me is she's the one who spread that rumor and I wouldn't be surprised if I saw her after the battle.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline  
Old 2010-09-08, 10:34   Link #1331
Bordix
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I doubt about Mikoto having time to spread rumors around. Though Shinobu can. The chances are bigger for me is she's the one who spread that rumor and I wouldn't be surprised if I saw her after the battle.
The strongest esper just got defeated by a level 0, obviously this one is pretty big and will spread like wildfire, and since this will be coming out from Mikoto's mouth (a level 5 herself and a famous one for that matter) the more faster this will reach to people. And It's impossible for Shinobu to be the one to spread the rumor because she's been captured. Anyway these are just speculations on my part.
__________________
.
Bordix is offline  
Old 2010-09-08, 10:55   Link #1332
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
The strongest esper just got defeated by a level 0, obviously this one is pretty big and will spread like wildfire, and since this will be coming out from Mikoto's mouth (a level 5 herself and a famous one for that matter) the more faster this will reach to people. And It's impossible for Shinobu to be the one to spread the rumor because she's been captured. Anyway these are just speculations on my part.
I don't think Mikoto will expose her identity that easy, IMO Mikoto will use some of the guard system from the city(security cameras or maybe hacking the photographic satellite...How its called? Hikoboshi II right?).
__________________
The world is collapsing
Miraluka is offline  
Old 2010-09-08, 11:25   Link #1333
Bordix
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I don't think Mikoto will expose her identity that easy, IMO Mikoto will use some of the guard system from the city(security cameras or maybe hacking the photographic satellite...How its called? Hikoboshi II right?).
Her Identity has already been long exposed so I don't see why she still needs to hide it. By exposing her Identity it actually helps circulate the information faster.
__________________
.
Bordix is offline  
Old 2010-09-08, 11:29   Link #1334
Ashaman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
Her Identity has already been long exposed so I don't see why she still needs to hide it. By exposing her Identity it actually helps circulate the information faster.
She wont want people to Know of the experiment at all. Name dropping herself will be bad in this regard.
__________________
Ashaman is offline  
Old 2010-09-08, 11:59   Link #1335
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
Her Identity has already been long exposed so I don't see why she still needs to hide it. By exposing her Identity it actually helps circulate the information faster.
So far few people knows about Mikoto's identity involved with the experiment:
- Shinobu.
- Mugino because of the level of power bending during her fight.
- The one who was talking to team ITEM before their fight with Mikoto(I think is the Director Thomas, founder of ITEM).
- Awaki because she is always around 'that guy'.
- Touma... =_=.
- Accelerator.. =_=.

If Mikoto's identity gets exposed to the public, the Experiment will get exposed as well and so far the rumour is about "A Level 0 has defeated the Strongest Level 5".
__________________
The world is collapsing
Miraluka is offline  
Old 2010-09-08, 17:53   Link #1336
Bordix
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
So far few people knows about Mikoto's identity involved with the experiment:
I was actually referring only to the people involved in the experiment.

Anyway lol, disregard everything what I said about the rumors. What I wrote doesn't make any sense and I don't know why I was making a big deal out of it in the first place since it's pretty minor. It was late when I posted that and my brain doesn't function well at those times.

I guess after this arc we won't be seeing much of Accelerator since this is Mikoto's side story after all, and so far in the novels there hasn't been any mention of her meeting him again. I do hope he gets some cameos though.
__________________
.
Bordix is offline  
Old 2010-09-08, 18:04   Link #1337
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 25
I remember a cameo of Accelerator when Saten went to her home during the events of the Level Upper, there are chances of Saten meeting him(?). I can wonder a friend arguing each other about Accel
__________________
The world is collapsing
Miraluka is offline  
Old 2010-09-08, 22:05   Link #1338
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Academy City
Wait, what?! There was a cameo? In which episode? How come I didn't notice?! ;_; -feels like a failure as an Accel fan-

I actually have imagined Accelerator and Saten meeting. In my mind I pictured it as Accel saving Saten from some thugs one day and then they gradually become (somewhat) friends (well, as friendly as you can get when it comes to Accelerator ). Although that's a little farfetched, but it might make for a good fanfic idea.
__________________
SuzushinaYuriko is offline  
Old 2010-09-24, 00:01   Link #1339
pkmntrainer7
Hidden Behind the Truth
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
There are some spoiler pictures for 35 and it looks like the chapter ends with Touma facing off against Accelerator.

Spoiler for 35:


And here's more.

Spoiler for More:

Last edited by pkmntrainer7; 2010-09-24 at 00:35. Reason: Added more
pkmntrainer7 is offline  
Old 2010-09-24, 00:11   Link #1340
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
That black spiky haired guy really knows how to change the meaning of tears of a girl in pain....... reminds me of a certain guy in toaruverse too.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.