AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-09-25, 20:10   Link #18701
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Sometimes. When we remind them that there aren't any.
Okay then, back to where we were: the high-capacity condensers were only used on Twin Drive-equipped MS because the condensers were designed to consume and emit massive amounts of GN Particles. What I'm proposing would use a normal consumption rate but high output rate. You're not going to be using the sabers often or for very long, because they're last resort only, but they'd at least pack a punch.
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 20:11   Link #18702
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
I'm thinking of doing a custom job on a spare GN Sword III (if I ever get one)

Basically, I'm gonna remove the condenser blade, and use the RD Arios Ascalon's GN Sword. Could look cool.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 20:12   Link #18703
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I'm thinking of doing a custom job on a spare GN Sword III (if I ever get one)

Basically, I'm gonna remove the condenser blade, and use the RD Arios Ascalon's GN Sword. Could look cool.
That would look awesome, but why not use Exia's GN Sword blade?
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 20:20   Link #18704
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
That would look awesome, but why not use Exia's GN Sword blade?
Idk, Ascalon's looks a bit cooler and more menacing.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 20:22   Link #18705
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Idk, Ascalon's looks a bit cooler and more menacing.
Good enough for me.
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 20:28   Link #18706
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Good enough for me.
Plus, given the time it was developed, I'd assume it would be more powerful than Exia's old GN Blade.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 21:15   Link #18707
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Plus, given the time it was developed, I'd assume it would be more powerful than Exia's old GN Blade.
...what does that matter when it comes to models?
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 22:42   Link #18708
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
...what does that matter when it comes to models?
I'd rather customize a weapon to be stronger, instead of weal.


Anyway, it seems Bandai changed the color of the Gunpla Builders Super Zaku.

It use to be: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4133/...579f566eb8.jpg

Now it's: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4088/...e98d7a68_b.jpg
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 22:45   Link #18709
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Anyway,it seems Bandai changed the color of the Gunpla Builders Super Zaku.

It use to be: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4133/...579f566eb8.jpg

Now it's: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4088/...e98d7a68_b.jpg
I like the recolor better, but are you sure it's not a separate unit or a commander version?
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 23:13   Link #18710
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
As far as I know, they're both called the same thing. No "commander" in the title.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 06:10   Link #18711
bio9205
Reborn
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 20
Hey guys. Any of you experience problems with Bandai's polycap-ball and plastic-socket joints? The ones on my Gadessa and Arios fall out too easily, and Susanowo's one, which is different from the former 2 and is much more loose, literally drops off every time I pick it up. With the Braves using the same plastic socket as Susanowo, I'm worried.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 06:15   Link #18712
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Tor. Ont
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Hey guys. Any of you experience problems with Bandai's polycap-ball and plastic-socket joints? The ones on my Gadessa and Arios fall out too easily, and Susanowo's one, which is different from the former 2 and is much more loose, literally drops off every time I pick it up. With the Braves using the same plastic socket as Susanowo, I'm worried.
You mean that joint that connects the thigh to the waist right? I just applied a thin layer of thinner on the inner part of the socket
__________________
~Destiny~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 06:30   Link #18713
bio9205
Reborn
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Destiny~ View Post
You mean that joint that connects the thigh to the waist right? I just applied a thin layer of thinner on the inner part of the socket
Yep. Does super glue work as well?
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 06:55   Link #18714
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Yep. Does super glue work as well?
Super glue is good at fixing loose joints, but the project can quickly backfire (it's happened to me several times which resulted in the actual breaking of the figure). You have to REALLY be careful with superglue on these figures. Too much, and the joint won't move and then SNAP.

You need the right amount, which is like...a super small drop. Now it can go two ways in terms of application. Put a drop glue on the ball joint, and let it dry/harden. After an hour or two, put the arm or leg or whatever back on the joint, and the crust made from the dried super glue should create enough friction when moving the joint to make it hard again.

Another way to do it is put the glue on the ball joint, and immediately put the body part on the joint, and start moving it as much as you can. DO NOT STOP, keep moving. As the glue drys, the moving of the joint will become more and more stiffer. Eventually the joint will tighten and problem fixed.

I'd suggest practicing on...whatever you can. I've done it countless times and I still fuck up every now and then *points to my Robot Damashii Susanowo and Reborns Gundam)
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 07:47   Link #18715
bio9205
Reborn
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 20
To be on the safe side... Since the Solbrave is transformable, I'll probably leave it in MA mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Super glue is good at fixing loose joints, but the project can quickly backfire (it's happened to me several times which resulted in the actual breaking of the figure). You have to REALLY be careful with superglue on these figures. Too much, and the joint won't move and then SNAP.
This happened to my Arios' leg. Thank goodness my cousin is a genius. He drilled a hole into Arios' GN Drive (crotch) where the joint broke, and used a runner to replace the joint. It's not pretty, but it's better than nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
You need the right amount, which is like...a super small drop. Now it can go two ways in terms of application. Put a drop glue on the ball joint, and let it dry/harden. After an hour or two, put the arm or leg or whatever back on the joint, and the crust made from the dried super glue should create enough friction when moving the joint to make it hard again.

I'd suggest practicing on...whatever you can. I've done it countless times and I still fuck up every now and then *points to my Robot Damashii Susanowo and Reborns Gundam)
That's how I screwed up my Susanowo. Because of the experience I had with Arios, I was scared shit, and applied glue to every single one of those polycap-ball/plastic-socket joints. Normal kits have 2, but Susanowo had TEN. So I was pretty much fucked - I couldn't remove the poly cap balls, and I can't even attach the legs to it without having them drop off.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 09:48   Link #18716
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
which is why transformable kits i tend to buy 2 =x
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
on the other hand robot tamishii sinanju has done it better than hguc 1 once again...


duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 11:47   Link #18717
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
I was thinking about the 00Q's compatability with the 00, and I was wondering if you guys think the Brave kits will be compatible with the Masurao and Susanowo.
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 21:18   Link #18718
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Seems the Robot Damashii 00Q comes with beam effect parts for the Sword Bits.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4147/...e19d898b_b.jpg

Not sure if it's to mimic beam sabers, or particle blasts. Anyone know if the Sword Bits were capable of either?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 21:32   Link #18719
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Seems the Robot Damashii 00Q comes with beam effect parts for the Sword Bits.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4147/...e19d898b_b.jpg

Not sure if it's to mimic beam sabers, or particle blasts. Anyone know if the Sword Bits were capable of either?
Looks to me like they're beam sabers. This is the first time I've ever heard of the Sword Bits having beam capabilities, and it looks like only some of the bits can do it.
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 22:50   Link #18720
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 30
If those beams on the Sword Bits are actual beam shots rather than sabers, then those things are even more broken that we thought.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.