AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2010-10-03, 14:47   Link #41
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Only the ones that are too vocal and irrational. The reason that im@s is introducing male characters is because the rational fans had been asking for it for a very long time (they've been handing out surveys at the concerts and games asking for what fans thought about having male idols - I've filled one myself, so they most likely have the data to back it up). Most im@s fans don't care that male idols are introduced but care about the 4 idols that can't be produced, the outcry and petition is blurring the two points as one and is entirely misleading.

Wrong, the thing is im@s has a long history and game style. The ones that started with the Arcade are in it for the character due to the structure of the short playtime of the arcade game style, but those are in the minority, as hardcore as they can be. The ones who started on PSP were definitely getting into a more story driven focus of the game, heck that was the whole reason DS came about - they experimented with a completely story driven im@s game and it was received fairly well.

Fits her character to a T - the twins are mischievous 14 year olds that loves to plays tricks on people and traditionally says the darnest of things. The producer of the im@s game Sakagami said that his favourite characters are the twins and the fans basically nicknamed him "Hentai" for it (you hear the chanting every time he appears). On nicodouga the fans of the twins basically admits to it too (they just dodge it with the "gentlemen" slang). The true fans will take it as a joke as they always have, those who "took offence" probably aren't even fans of the twins to begin with and is just stirring up shit.
In translation:
See those people complaining? They aren't real fans of Idolmaster, just lunatics.
See me? I don't care what they did, so I'm a real fan.

.......................Eh? (゚Д゚; )

Kind of reminds me of the people who say, "If you complain about the new Pokemon designs, you aren't really a fan of Pokemon".

Quote:
Hoshii Miki, who throws herself on the producer and calls him "honey", do you think that sounds out of character to say to the producer that she can marry? I don't think so......
So, can you marry at 15 in Japan?

Quote:
It is actually. It's just like someone mistakenly said "I like dogs, no crap, I mean cats". Happens all the time if someone is nervous and bad at presentation, which is exactly what Yukiho's character is. The shit storm was quite laughable, it was certainly a case where the hate has gone irrational that they can't do anything to be right to those haters.
Crap and cat sound similar. Makes sense. Syllable number same, pronounciation similar.
"Otoko no ko", "danshi", "otoko" and "ocha"... I'm pretty bad at presentations and stuff, but I have never made such a large "slip-up" before. Syllable number different, pronunciation not even close. And if she supposedly dislikes boys so much, even if she made a mistake, I can't imagine her mind going straight to "boys" anytime soon.

Quote:
The TGS stage is by far the least credible sample size of the overall im@s fanbase since you are talking about people who camp overnight to get a ticket into the stage show. It's like asking Star Wars nerds who dress up as Vadar about what he thinks of Episode 1 and Jar Jar Binks - he's going to be very vocal about it, but he certainly not going to represent all other Star Wars fans who might just be indifferent.
I'm not even talking about how credible that stage is. I was using it in regards to that company supposedly being "brave".
That is wasn't any result of bravery, seeing that stage of death.
And if you care so little about the "fake" fans, then lets just look at the voice actors instead. They sure were in a good condition, being used as shields.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 18:57   Link #42
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
In translation:
See those people complaining? They aren't real fans of Idolmaster, just lunatics.
See me? I don't care what they did, so I'm a real fan.

.......................Eh? (゚Д゚; )
There's a difference between rationally saying you don't like what they did and "WAAAA YOU GUYS AREN'T LISTENING TO MEEE! I AM SO IMPORTANT!!!!1111 YOU DON"T DO WHAT I SAY I'LL CRY!!!!1111" and throwing a tandem like a 3 year old who don't get his toys.

The ones who are complaining about including male characters fall squarely in the second by starting a misleading petition (the title of the petition asks for people to sign up against the removing the 4 idols, but the body of the petition asks for removing of the boys), actively going around putting 1 stars on Amazon reviews, and sabotaging fan art of the Jupiter boys (non-ero) on pixi. Yes I fucking say those guys aren't real fans. Why? The game isn't even OUT yet, you can't judge what sort of influence it would have on the game and they act like it's the end of the world. Most fans who are rational knows enough to think that - hey if you don't like it, DON'T FUCKING BUY IT. There is no excuse for the haters going around actively shitting on people's party like in the case of actively sabotaging clean fan art. That's just low.

Quote:
So, can you marry at 15 in Japan?
No, but Miki is also known as the uttori character, so she making a mistake, especially in a way such that she can throw herself at the producer and get the producer to accept her as no longer a child, is quite well within her character.

Quote:
"Otoko no ko", "danshi", "otoko" and "ocha"... I'm pretty bad at presentations and stuff, but I have never made such a large "slip-up" before. Syllable number different, pronunciation not even close. And if she supposedly dislikes boys so much, even if she made a mistake, I can't imagine her mind going straight to "boys" anytime soon.
In the original Dangetsu lyrics, Yukiho first says she's not good with boys, but then says she loves tea. If you even presented, you know it's entirely possible to mix up the two in a situation like that where you just mistakenly flipped a word in two successive sentence.

Quote:
And if you care so little about the "fake" fans, then lets just look at the voice actors instead. They sure were in a good condition, being used as shields.
I don't even get what using them as shields mean. If you refer to when the Bandai Namco made a statement about not harassing the seiyuu, that's hardly using them as shields, because that's EXACTLY what those haters were doing - they were expressing their hatre of the change ON the seiyuu themselves. Case in point, when Takane's seiyuu Hara Yumi showed some excitment to the characters and seiyuu of Jupiter when one of them appeared as guest on the radio, the "fans" put her on a public stake and burnt her for essentially not caring that they hated the Jupiter idols. Do you call this rational reaction or protest? How can you even defend actions like that? Do YOU think that actions like that is what rational fans do?

Last edited by houkoholic; 2010-10-03 at 19:07.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 19:09   Link #43
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Yes I fucking say those guys aren't real fans.
OK, conversation ends.
If there is one thing knowledge and experience tells me, it is that people can't handle gods.
But hey, thanks for the nice laughs. man. It might also be great material.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2010-10-03, 19:16   Link #44
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
OK, conversation ends.
If there is one thing knowledge and experience tells me, it is that people can't handle gods.
oh great one we are not worthy.

so you are saying that beening a "real" fan gives you the right to harass other fans and the seiyuus? who's the one making people laugh now?
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 22:33   Link #45
Kudryavka

Quote:
You think BandaiNamco is that smart?
Those idiots clearly know the quickest way to suicide.

Cut out popular characters and replace them with males? When the fanbase is almost all males, and on top of that, otaku? When the percentage of females owning a XBOX360 isn't exactly high?
Make you compete against characters that were producible in the past?
Make these males super handsome and clearly someone who would steal the fans' waifus away?
Try to appeal to otaku by modifying that "Danketsu" song so the characters act out of character and like perverts?

Yeah, the money tree and stocks are going down, baby.

It wouldn't have been so bad at all if they split it up. If they didn't remove some characters.
But they didn't want to spend the money to make a whole new game.
But they still wanted money.
This is what they got.

The main question to that company...
Who is this game for?
The girls aren't going to buy a single game if only a small portion of the characters are male.
The guys are crazy angry.
The company isn't going to earn money if people stop buying it.
I don't understand why you feel so insulted as to vocalize your utter disdain of this game. It's not about how they're not giving their male/lesbian/bishoujo-loving fans the utmost attention, it's about them trying to get female/gay/bishonen-loving game players into their grasp as well. I think it's okay for them to take out a few characters for the new game and bring in some new ones, it's not like those old characters are gone forever, and we get to see new additions to the total character lineup (a good thing in a game about choosing what kind of char to work with, more choices).

Question to you: Is it okay for this company to reach out to other demographics, to spread its product's popularity? to turn its attention away from its current customers just for a minute to try and attract other fans?
Quote:
OK, conversation ends.
This thread is as unstable as a helium atom with four neutrons. "Laughs" = for the lulz? :?

Last edited by Kudryavka; 2010-10-03 at 22:43.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 02:31   Link #46
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
I don't understand why you feel so insulted as to vocalize your utter disdain of this game. It's not about how they're not giving their male/lesbian/bishoujo-loving fans the utmost attention, it's about them trying to get female/gay/bishonen-loving game players into their grasp as well. I think it's okay for them to take out a few characters for the new game and bring in some new ones, it's not like those old characters are gone forever, and we get to see new additions to the total character lineup (a good thing in a game about choosing what kind of char to work with, more choices).

Question to you: Is it okay for this company to reach out to other demographics, to spread its product's popularity? to turn its attention away from its current customers just for a minute to try and attract other fans?

This thread is as unstable as a helium atom with four neutrons. "Laughs" = for the lulz? :?
Yeah, I think it is fine too. Then again, I've never played Idolmaster and don't really care about it. Just echoing what I've heard other fans are saying.
Though I think it isn't nice whether they are gone "forever" or not. The fact is you can't produce them in this game. Imagine your favorite game or comic. Now imagine if you can't play with your favorite character anymore or your favorite character disappears. Are you gonna be happy?

-So let's make a comparison I can understand...
Putting Digimon in a Pokemon game.
Digimon not evolving anymore.
A 3D Tales game.
...........*screams*

-Or on a more "otaku" type comparison:
K-ON
One day, half of the main characters are swapped with host-type men.
And these men interact with the remaining characters.
And the remaining characters compete, and the ones that lose don't have a CD released.
..........*frozen solid*
At least KyoAni isn't stupid enough to try that. The day they try that, Akibahara might go on fire for real.

So... why would I even bother to speak up over this incident?
Pretty much because I have a hatred for that company's ways of selling stuff and this incident proved to me they are stupid even more than I previously thought.
Their stocks are going down, their fans are orz-ing, and the voice actors are taking the shockwaves from that bomb they set-off. That part, I don't like.

Quote:
Why, yes. Depending on what they do.
To be honest, if this was another company, I wouldn't think as much. But it's this company. Therefore, if they tried to "spread" popularity by half-heartedly trying to change a game's "rules" and make such a big negative wave, than yeah, it isn't okay then.
So let's use a different example to answer your question:
Tales of Graces.
Sales it on Wii, full of bugs.
Not a year passed.
Decides to sell it on the PS3 again, with new content, fixed.
Is it okay they decided to "reach out to other demographics, to spread its product's popularity"? Heck no. Not even an ounce of respect for the consumers.
Sell a half-completed game, throw a whole bunch of DLC together, take as much money as possible, and then this.
And I thought TOV's incident was bad.

Quote:
"Laughs" = for the lulz? :?
Pretty much, I guess?

But man, phew... I'm tired of talking about this subject.
Let's look at these pictures and have a few laughs!
http://yunakiti.blog79.fc2.com/blog-entry-6736.html (mainly, bottom half of the article)

The reactions of the fans... Like that 4-koma used that has a group of men going "Yeah" and then them slumping in their chairs in the last koma.
Just imagine what it was like to be on stage looking at them.

Before:

ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ
  ( ヽ(゚A゚ )ノ('∀`(゚∀゚ )ノ
  | |ノ ノ└  )V  /
   「 「   「  「 「

After:

('A`('-`('д`('_` )
  ノ ノノ ノノ ノ) ノ|
  「「 「「  [[「 「「

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2010-10-04 at 03:01.
Old 2010-10-04, 18:49   Link #47
Sister Princess
Easy Operation

Quote:
Only the ones that are too vocal and irrational. The reason that im@s is introducing male characters is because the rational fans had been asking for it for a very long time (they've been handing out surveys at the concerts and games asking for what fans thought about having male idols - I've filled one myself, so they most likely have the data to back it up). Most im@s fans don't care that male idols are introduced but care about the 4 idols that can't be produced, the outcry and petition is blurring the two points as one and is entirely misleading.
Where can I find all these "proofs?"

Quote:
Hoshii Miki, who throws herself on the producer and calls him "honey", do you think that sounds out of character to say to the producer that she can marry? I don't think so......
It did give P's an idea what to think about her. As Hitler suggested, even imaginative thinking will get out of hand eventually.

Quote:
The ones who are complaining about including male characters fall squarely in the second by starting a misleading petition (the title of the petition asks for people to sign up against the removing the 4 idols, but the body of the petition asks for removing of the boys), actively going around putting 1 stars on Amazon reviews, and sabotaging fan art of the Jupiter boys (non-ero) on pixi. Yes I fucking say those guys aren't real fans. Why? The game isn't even OUT yet, you can't judge what sort of influence it would have on the game and they act like it's the end of the world. Most fans who are rational knows enough to think that - hey if you don't like it, DON'T FUCKING BUY IT. There is no excuse for the haters going around actively shitting on people's party like in the case of actively sabotaging clean fan art. That's just low.

"AKB48 method" kind of spell doom to Im@S when it violate the original concept. This isn't something to treat lightly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari
Always remember, in ACG there is something you can do or cannot do. Past experiences told us irritational ideas should only be last resort.
Sister Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 17:55   Link #48
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Old news perhaps, but I just found out Terashima Takuma is the voice of one of the Jupiter idols. Coincidentally, I watched Sousei no Aquarion this summer. which was his biggest anime project in the past few years. It's awesome to see he's made his way into IM@S as well.

I hope his character screams "AQUARION!" during a live or something.
Malintex_Terek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 08:58   Link #49
Gault
inc_mplete

I've only played the PSP game not knowing what to do at some points but did my best when it came to training and performing.. and by luck , I got some good memories by pressing the right buttons lol ,

love Haruka , Yayoi, Chihaya and Azusa
Gault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 07:59   Link #50
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Here's the release date and goodies for Idolmaster 2
Old 2010-11-19, 08:45   Link #51
flowerthief

C'mon baby, come to the PS3. (in my dreams)
flowerthief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 23:06   Link #52
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

So is Ritsuko Producing Ami, Iori and Azusa now?
Old 2010-11-20, 06:29   Link #53
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
So is Ritsuko Producing Ami, Iori and Azusa now?
Yes, in her bio, she was originally an intern at 765 Production before becoming an idol.

http://www.project-imas.com/w/Ritsuko_Akizuki
Old 2010-11-20, 11:26   Link #54
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Aww, that's so awesome.

But I'm worried - the description says we're dealing with a rookie producer again. So does that mean this isn't The Producer, and it's someone new?
Old 2011-01-10, 11:02   Link #55
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Just here to announce that an Idolmaster anime is in the works.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201...lmaster_anime/

PS:Remember the fans who said they wanted to boycott the 2nd game for having male idols? Well they given up on their boycott and have join the many thousands that will buy the game this February.
Old 2011-02-10, 12:36   Link #56
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

First Look at Idolmaster 2's New Stage 4 You Mode
Make your very own stages and put them up in online rankings.

EDIT: Microsoft Gives Live For You! to Idolmaster 2 Buyers Some sweet bonuses for those who buy the upcoming idol simulation with a new Xbox 360 system.
Old 2011-02-11, 11:19   Link #57
Gault
inc_mplete

I have the game on pre-order along with a Japanese X360 Kinect
Gault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 04:22   Link #58
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

I'm so jealous.

And that preview ending with "Go My Way!" really hit me in a soft spot.
Old 2011-02-25, 01:17   Link #59
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

So now the game is out, and the videos are pouring in! Well, I'd say trickling. Some nice fellows I subscribed to are uploading a few videos, but they're nothing TOO impressive thus far. I want communication events!

I heard from McMasters of AnimeCubed that IM@S2 assumes Producer didn't take his original job with 765 Produce, but at the same time the envents of IM@S are canon. How does this work? Doesn't that imply an alternate universe?

A friend has also said he's heard the game is "raunchy". I know the girls will be a bit more flirty than they once were, but raunchy? Isn't that too much...?
Old 2011-02-25, 22:34   Link #60
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

It does have some interesting things like Ami managed to score a boyfriend while Mami is still FOREVER ALONE. Meanwhile Takane was trying to boost her career by doing certain favors for the company head.

Tags
amami haruka, hoshii miki, idolmaster, kisaragi chihaya, nonowa