AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-10-04, 20:14   Link #321
Qikz
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 24
What a great first episode, really funny in parts and looks to be very good.

Although, I'm suprised why he was suprised that there was a Japanese style closet in his house, I don't actually know this, but did they remove those from newer Japanese homes?
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 20:17   Link #322
Raiga
tl;dr
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
Ayumu/Hamster is still my choice for a normal girl (twin tail XD...), but then that's b/c I'm not
Spoiler:
Eh, I'm down for normal girls in general. Manami here, or Hamster, or Nami from Zetsubou Sensei... and was I the only one who actually liked Shirley from Code Geass?

Quote:
Although, I'm suprised why he was suprised that there was a Japanese style closet in his house, I don't actually know this, but did they remove those from newer Japanese homes?
I think it's just that Kirino's room is a Western-style room (no tatami mats, tall chairs+desk, etc). Hence surprising that there's still a Japanese-style closet left over.
__________________
Raiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 20:40   Link #323
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: FL, USA
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Besides that most of what was going to say has been said, I liked the first episode I enjoyed it and I felt the VA for both main characters seems to fit well, though I'll wait more to judge that for sure, but I definitely like Kirino already . Also love OP, and look forward to Ayana's singing for the ED xD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Well.......



Absolutely.

Glad to know someone had the exact same though I did when she said that line .

So that thing with ANN does this mean series being licensed already or no?
__________________
Nanami Aoyama - Sakurasou no Pet na KanojoAvatar By RRW &
Sig by TheEroKing
MAL(KagamiHiiragi)
Konakaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 20:44   Link #324
chickdigger802
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
lol this show is basically related to the thesis paper I have to write for college =)

Hilarious stuff.
chickdigger802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 21:00   Link #325
iceyfw
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 25
lol @ him clicking on the 3rd option "Screw that, kick her out of my bed!" was so funny i can imagine the otakus in japan applauding the little sister for kicking him. i am going to enjoy every episode if they can keep this up.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 21:16   Link #326
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lost in the Fairy Forest
Waking up with a slap to the face
__________________
Master_Yoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 21:27   Link #327
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Looks like this should be an awesome series. First episode was incredibly charming and funny, and I'm hoping the rest of the episodes are the same way.
__________________
puretsundere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 21:30   Link #328
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: back in the land down under...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Eh, I'm down for normal girls in general. Manami here, or Hamster, or Nami from Zetsubou Sensei... and was I the only one who actually liked Shirley from Code Geass?.
I'm quite partial to Shirley too, after R2 anyway (though as a girl, is that a bit odd...? hm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpew View Post
ALso is it me or do you feel that Hiroshi Kamiya's voice would be good for this type of anime as the male lead?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
True, but I think Nakamura Yuuichi is imitating him, and doing a pretty good job of it.
I quite prefer Nakamura though、 and not just because I've been following him a lot more recently. I really wish Kamiyan would get another Natsume/Takemoto-like role instead of these types of roles...
__________________

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.


"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.
- Patrick Stokes


karice's random translations (interviews, audio commentaries, manga, radio shows etc etc)


Last edited by karice67; 2010-10-04 at 23:00.
karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 21:44   Link #329
Francismeunier
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2010
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Spoiler:
ROFL! WTH! HAhahahahahahh!
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 22:25   Link #330
ZeKeR
Superbad
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Armacham Replica Training center
Send a message via Skype™ to ZeKeR
lets see if this goes even more... how many novel volumes does this go? as far as ep. 1, from what i read (THANK YOU BAKA-TSUKI) it was still... umm... C1...
__________________
lets roll
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 22:39   Link #331
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In your brain
Loved the episode. It was full of Kirino luv <3
__________________
If anyone attacks Shaft
I will be there to defend it to death.
applejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 23:58   Link #332
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
That surprised me. I have no idea where this is going (haven't read the manga, obviously) and I sort of enjoy that fact. Obviously, wincest and shota traps have become the new moe of 2010, and maybe I expected this series to follow that path - but there's more here than meets the eye. It's very strange and should be more than a little creepy, but somehow it isn't. I had vibes of B Gata H Kei, actually - a show that appeared on the surface to be going for shock-value and titillation ended up being something smart, funny and genuinely moving at times.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 00:54   Link #333
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
lol

Apparently someone was miffed hard enough to neg me for saying I was annoyed that this show had high production values / a big budget.

Frankly put I think this show is pure forgettable marketed drivel, the sister is little more then taking Haruhi, making her an otaku, and say, Kyon's sister at once. It just urks me that the show looks so god damn good because to me that's just such a waste. There are other shows out there this season that would have greatly benefited from the same tender love and care, and when this show is said and done I think it's visual appeal is about the only positive thing it had to rely on as the story and characters are pretty weak otherwise.

I suppose it has to do with my disliking the whole 'onii-chan' bit and all that, actually having two younger sisters made me greatly dislike those mannerism quite early on.
__________________
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 01:01   Link #334
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
It just urks me that the show looks so god damn good because to me that's just such a waste. There are other shows out there this season that would have greatly benefited from the same tender love and care, and when this show is said and done I think it's visual appeal is about the only positive thing it had to rely on as the story and characters are pretty weak otherwise.
Well, you know, it's not as if production budgets are actually interchangeable. Begruding a show for being well-produced just because it isn't a show you like is... well, pretty senseless. If this show sells well, the money raised will be able to fund future shows that may not have the same marketability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
I suppose it has to do with my disliking the whole 'onii-chan' bit and all that, actually having two younger sisters made me greatly dislike those mannerism quite early on.
Well, I also have two younger sisters, but I have to side with Kirino in this episode when she pointed out that, at least in my mind, there's absolutely no relation between the "sister archetype" in anime/games and anything resembling real life. It's totally fictional, and not even realistic at all... at least IMO... (but if people who don't have sisters want to pretend it is, then by all means... )
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 01:03   Link #335
Raiga
tl;dr
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 23
*raises hand* I too have a real life imouto. Fiction is fiction, and weirder/pervier/more-otaku-pandering premises than this one have turned out good.
__________________
Raiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 01:07   Link #336
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
I suppose it has to do with my disliking the whole 'onii-chan' bit and all that, actually having two younger sisters made me greatly dislike those mannerism quite early on.
The whole show is making fun of the "onii-chan" thing from beginning to end. It's not holding it up as an ideal, or even presenting it as the slightest bit realistic. The point of the show is that is not how Kirino acts and she has no desire to act like that, despite her otaku fetishes.

Well, it really depends on where this goes from here, but from the first episode this feels very refreshing compared to your standard little sister fetish characters that you see in nearly everything else. I'd be very disappointed if it veers into incest territory or even if Kirino develops in that direction, but I don't really see that happening so far.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 01:07   Link #337
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
@ relentless:

Quote:
Well, you know, it's not as if production budgets are actually interchangeable. Begruding a show for being well-produced just because it isn't a show you like is... well, pretty senseless. If this show sells well, the money raised will be able to fund future shows that may not have the same marketability.
I acknowledge that my stance on the matter is senseless, I'm stubborn like that. No malice to others who think otherwise of course, I just feel like they're not really 'animating' much to begin with, or rather that there's not much motion or what have you being expressed. The subject matter is pretty bland so there's alot of lost potential not being used by said production values and all that.

Quote:
Well, I also have two younger sisters, but I have to side with Kirino in this episode when she pointed out that, at least in my mind, there's absolutely no relation between the "sister archetype" in anime/games and anything resembling real life. It's totally fictional, and not even realistic at all... at least IMO... (but if people who don't have sisters want to pretend it is, then by all means... )
Don't get me started on Kirino's attitude, that wouldn't fly for a second in our household. We would all pick up on that and squash it flat, haha.
__________________
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 01:13   Link #338
winkel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
lol

Apparently someone was miffed hard enough to neg me for saying I was annoyed that this show had high production values / a big budget.
What makes you say that? The first ep was standard (and thankfully not low-tier) AIC quality as far as I could see.

Quote:
Frankly put I think this show is pure forgettable marketed drivel, the sister is little more then taking Haruhi, making her an otaku, and say, Kyon's sister at once.
The original series never really references actual products. That was a move on the anime staff's part, but that doesn't mean you should expect this to be another one of those 'reference' anime, because it isn't.

Quote:
I think it's visual appeal is about the only positive thing it had to rely on as the story and characters are pretty weak otherwise.
You know why the visual appeal is awesome? It's because the original novels had awesome art, and that guy is working on the chara designs/animation for the series. That's exactly what the industry should have done with all of its adaptations all along, and the quality definitely shows when you have the original guy in charge of the visual aspects of the anime that is adapting his work.

Quote:
I suppose it has to do with my disliking the whole 'onii-chan' bit and all that, actually having two younger sisters made me greatly dislike those mannerism quite early on.
Well then you can be glad that Kirino will never pull the 'onii-chan' bit on Kyousuke. This isn't an imoutocon pandering show, it's a sitcom about an atypical otaku and her experiences from the perspective of her brother who bares withness to it all.
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 01:14   Link #339
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
The whole show is making fun of the "onii-chan" thing from beginning to end. It's not holding it up as an ideal, or even presenting it as the slightest bit realistic. The point of the show is that is not how Kirino acts and she has no desire to act like that, despite her otaku fetishes.

Well, it really depends on where this goes from here, but from the first episode this feels very refreshing compared to your standard little sister fetish characters that you see in nearly everything else. I'd be very disappointed if it veers into incest territory or even if Kirino develops in that direction, but I don't really see that happening so far.
There's hints that her fanaticism with younger sisters actually stems from her having a brother complex.

We'll see.

@ winkel:

I hate it when you (and others) make sense.

I enjoy being grumpy and stubborn damn it.

Haha.
__________________
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 01:17   Link #340
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
There's hints that her fanaticism with younger sisters actually stems from her having a brother complex.

We'll see.
I see a lot of people say this, and I can see where they're coming from, but the place where they're coming from is a pile of cynicism and pessimism. Which is fair, given the cultural context this is coming from, but there's not a lick of subtext to support it. Looking just at the show itself and what it's told us, it's far far more likely that she seriously doesn't give a shit about her brother.

We'll see, but I'd like to give it the benefit of the doubt for now.

Edit: On the other hand, I would not be too surprised if it does end up being typical.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.