AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-14, 05:03   Link #181
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

Can we get a seperate Thread to discuss the PS3 remake?
Old 2010-09-21, 20:22   Link #182
Will Wright

This probably has been asked to death, but how about a topic where people can set up 'games' to play with each other? Like, someone on the witch side sets up a game board, and the human players move their pieces to wherever they want, then after all murders have been completed, we can have a red/blue battle.
Old 2010-09-21, 21:13   Link #183
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Wright View Post
This probably has been asked to death, but how about a topic where people can set up 'games' to play with each other? Like, someone on the witch side sets up a game board, and the human players move their pieces to wherever they want, then after all murders have been completed, we can have a red/blue battle.
That kind of thing would probably be more easily done with a subforum, so there could be one thread per game. I don't know if the animesuki forum software would support that though, and Klash will probably shoot it down again anyway.

There's always /gameboard/ on the seacats forum, at least.
Old 2010-09-21, 21:37   Link #184
Will Wright

Yeah, but /gameboard/ is only about tricky situations. The players can't exactly make their own moves(like say, you know who in episode 6) so it isn't really the same thing. There it's just mass blue avalanche, and the game master gets to setup ANY scenario in his game. In an actual game, the game master would have to pull tricks in his moves to make the players stop being together in the same place and etc.

We would only need one thread though. One on-going game at once seems like a reasonable limit, and the winner of it gets to be the game master for the next one or something.

It would also be a good way for people to show how their own 'truth' of the game would work as a game board.

Spoiler for Spoiler for episode 7!:

Eh I know it will probably be shot down, but everyone here loves making theories and that's the kind of thing that would be completely different than /gameboard/ in my opinion.

But yeah, I understand if it isn't possible. If possible though, I'd suggest running one test-thread to see how it would go with this board, and if it doesn't work then delete it. But yeah, if it can't be done at all, I understand.

Last edited by Will Wright; 2010-09-21 at 22:20.
Old 2010-09-22, 06:49   Link #185
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

In the past there's been threads about fan made umineko "games", but they weren't allowed to be posted here and they went on the "fan creations" forum. So I don't think you'll have better chances this time.

You can still create a thread there, however, the problem is just that you'll have to advertise it. Maybe create a link on your sig or something.

Old 2010-09-23, 11:19   Link #186
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv150
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
The forum rules are clear on that aspect: we do not allow any kind of "game", such like role play whatsoever. In essence, this idea would be the same as yet another type of forum game.

The "Episode X" was a bit different, since it was a standalone fiction created by a fan, without any attempt to start a "the winner becomes the GM etc etc", as it was only a piece of work that borrowed the characters and the setup.
That being said, I must say that I'm not convinced by such concept either, considering it is basically a "shooting in the dark" without much relevancy to the franchise as a whole.
Old 2010-09-29, 17:12   Link #187
ErenselTheJester

I would like to request a thread where anyone who has the game can post pictures up so that those who can't access it, and don't want to watch the anime, can have easy to access to particular plot points, info, etc..
Old 2010-10-01, 15:30   Link #188
Usami_Haru
Actually an Alligator

Why would someone who haven't watched the anime, nor played the game wan't a thread like that? Or have I misunderstood you in some way?
Old 2010-10-03, 06:22   Link #189
C-chan
A mere observer

How about a thread that talks about Umineko's famous theories? Fan theories I mean.. Discussing if it's acceptable or not..
Old 2010-10-03, 06:35   Link #190
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv150
*Graphic Designer

Although it contains a lot of spoiler, the spoiler and speculation thread is exactly made for theories discussions.
There are also way too many theories possible to actually have a complete list of that... that's way too much work for little to no original content.
Old 2010-10-03, 16:23   Link #191
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-chan View Post
How about a thread that talks about Umineko's famous theories? Fan theories I mean.. Discussing if it's acceptable or not..
If you really need something like that you can always just add an article on the umineko wikia.
Old 2010-10-04, 19:28   Link #192
ErenselTheJester

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanyuuChan View Post
Why would someone who haven't watched the anime, nor played the game wan't a thread like that? Or have I misunderstood you in some way?
You're misunderstanding me. I'm saying for the sake of information purposes (either having an easy access to the game or being able to recheck stuff) we should have a thread like that. Besides, why wouldn't anyone want that? I'm pretty sure it'll benefit anyone who's interested in the game.
Old 2010-10-04, 22:33   Link #193
Will Wright

Can we get a character discussion topic on...
Spoiler for Episode 7:

Last edited by Klashikari; 2010-10-05 at 05:07. Reason: proper spoiler tag title please...
Old 2010-10-05, 05:05   Link #194
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv150
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErenselTheJester View Post
You're misunderstanding me. I'm saying for the sake of information purposes (either having an easy access to the game or being able to recheck stuff) we should have a thread like that. Besides, why wouldn't anyone want that? I'm pretty sure it'll benefit anyone who's interested in the game.
Anyone who can use the internet to a certain extent (google anyone?) can find pictures without much issue. There is little to no use for this kind of topic, which usefulness is arguably impossible to quantify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Wright View Post
Can we get a character discussion topic on...
Spoiler for Episode 7:
Episode 7 / spoiler & speculations thread are already plenty enough for that.
Character discussion threads are part of the "anime sub-forum" pattern, which means they were created solely for the anime watchers (that's why there is a no spoiler policy for them as well).
Old 2010-10-05, 05:15   Link #195
C-chan
A mere observer

How about the Special TIPS? Like Bern's letter and Lambda's diary perhaps?
Old 2010-10-05, 13:59   Link #196
Will Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Episode 7 / spoiler & speculations thread are already plenty enough for that.
Character discussion threads are part of the "anime sub-forum" pattern, which means they were created solely for the anime watchers (that's why there is a no spoiler policy for them as well).
Got it, makes sense to me, thanks. One question I always had though, does that mean that you can't post VN spoilers in the character discussion topics even if you use spoiler tags?
Old 2010-10-05, 14:17   Link #197
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv150
*Graphic Designer

@C-chan: I'm pretty certain some members like Jan-poo already made an index of all posts about that. Making a thread is a bit redundant (there are already way too many threads in umineko Sub-forum so to speak).

@will: if you read each of the lead post of these threads, you would have seen this:
Quote:
VN Spoilers are NOT allowed, except if they are used for comparison sake about events that have been already shown in the anime (or if the timing has been bypassed with no way to be disclosed later on).These must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN. Also please be sure to use spoiler tags for critical scenes from the Anime series with a proper title (like Episode X-Y) in order to not spoil people who didn't catch up the latest anime episodes yet.
Old 2010-10-05, 14:22   Link #198
Will Wright

I did, I was just a bit hopeful because I saw one post in one thread that has been driving me insane for days because I want to reply to it and I can't. But I will survive.
Old 2010-10-11, 18:49   Link #199
ka-ke-ra

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but if there isn't one, can a request for a pairing thread be made?
Old 2010-10-17, 19:32   Link #200
Darkpierrot
The Clown from the abyss

mmm I am new here and since i didnt find a situable thread I will ask before being scolded for asking in a wrong thread and labeling me as an spammer...

emmm Im recruiting editors for an Umineko/higurashi wiki that i have created
(very different from the ones from wikia)

where can i ask this?

or i should ask in other place?

Last edited by Darkpierrot; 2010-10-17 at 19:51. Reason: fixing grammar...
Closed Thread