AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-10-05, 11:50   Link #481
Registered Member
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Looks like Season 2 has already been confirmed.
Registered Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 11:59   Link #482
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Registered Member View Post
Looks like Season 2 has already been confirmed.
Oh yes. Best news i've heard all day. This makes watching the first episode tomorrow all the more awesome.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 12:10   Link #483
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Nice, I guess the dvd sales comment was for stuff beyond season 2. Hope it sells well.. manglobe deserve a cash cow and I'll definitely want to see more of this animated.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 12:13   Link #484
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Nice, I guess the dvd sales comment was for stuff beyond season 2.
They're probably already taking pre-orders.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 12:27   Link #485
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
Expecting the series to be hugely popular might be a foregone conclusion.

I'm expecting a lot of things tomorrow. While I have no doubt of Kanae Ito's capacity to bring out Elsee's... uh... eccentricities, I still reserve some doubt of Shimono Hiro's ability to voice Keima and bring out his glorious "grandiosity". He can do Keima's nice guy modes just fine (Hiro, Agate, Jin, etc.), I'm not familiar with his capacity for Keima's mean streak disdain for the 3D world, though I assume that'smore of me not being familiar with anything but his nice guy roles.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 12:31   Link #486
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Honestly, if they were going for "standard male lead voice" they should have gone for Nobuhiko Okamoto, simply because he can actually play other roles.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 12:36   Link #487
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
I don't know. I was expecting Fukuyama Jun to do it, or maybe even Ono Daisuke to a lesser extent.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 12:42   Link #488
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
I can't agree more than I could only see Keima with Fukuyama, just because of the "so over the top" and "flashy" voice he can have.
Which brings a huge problem with Shimono, since this seiyuu is more "ground to earth" and doesn't really seem to have any role that is remotely close to Keima (the only other "possibility" I see for shimono is acting as a very grunty boy so huh).

We never know, but after reading the manga for so long with the voices in the head, I can't say my expectations with Shimono are sort of low
Klashikari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 12:47   Link #489
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
Well who knows maybe he can play Keima's Magnificent Capturing Mode to sheer glorious perfection, and this becomes his defining role in the same way Ledouche was Fukuyama's.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 13:09   Link #490
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Registered Member View Post
Looks like Season 2 has already been confirmed.
... and they did not even wait to see how the first season's sales go
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 13:10   Link #491
Ezilled
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: United States
The anime hasn't even started, yet we have a second season announcement. That was surprising as if the DVD/Blu-ray sales has been reassured in the first place and Wakaki Tamiki bestowed his agreement to Manglobe. A certainly good news to Kami Nomi fans out there such as myself.

Hooray for some delicious ramen.
__________________
Ezilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 13:14   Link #492
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezilled View Post
The anime hasn't even started, yet we have a second season announcement. That was surprising as if the DVD/Blu-ray sales has been reassured in the first place and Wakaki Tamiki bestowed his agreement to Manglobe. A certainly good news to Kami Nomi fans out there such as myself.

Hooray for some delicious ramen.
Nah ... it's more like the plan was leaked, usually new seasons are planned before-hand, but not announced to boost sales (aka marketing) ... there is a lengthy counter-argument in HotD thread, though
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 13:23   Link #493
Ezilled
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: United States
^ Please take a look at this. I believe it means that the pre-order sales or perhaps the ani-otaku eagerly wants to put it on their shelves. I didn't know leaks can be this blatant, and it may be the first time I've encountered this news. What about the HotD thread? I haven't browsed it, but I think S2 will be announced soon as the sales are just as good as Tatami Galaxy.

Wait a minute.. is there a confirmed number of episodes yet? It would break me apart if there's only 13 episodes prior to this season.
__________________
Ezilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 13:33   Link #494
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I don't know. I was expecting Fukuyama Jun to do it, or maybe even Ono Daisuke to a lesser extent.
I originally was hoping for Fukuyama Jun to get the role just like the rest of the world, though after hearing Hiro Shimono in the past trailers and PV's, and i'm perfectly fine with him doing the job. He's a voice actor who's never failed me in the past, and i don't see that breaking anytime soon. :3
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 13:34   Link #495
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezilled View Post
^ Please take a look at this. I believe it means that the pre-order sales or perhaps the ani-otaku eagerly wants to put it on their shelves. I didn't know leaks can be this blatant, and it may be the first time I've encountered this news. What about the HotD thread? I haven't browsed it, but I think S2 will be announced soon as the sales are just as good as Tatami Galaxy.

Wait a minute.. is there a confirmed number of episodes yet? It would break me apart if there's only 13 episodes prior to this season.
The manga is only a 50 thousand opening week seller, it's not that big.. it would be near the bottom of the pile in WSJ for instance.. behind even Psyren let alone Medaka Box, Sket Dance, Kuroko and Beezlebub.

DVD's aren't even listed as far as I know, see nothing on amazon jp rankings either. The guy from manglobe just said it to try and get more buys.. if it sold something like say 8k for the first volume than they announced sequel @ the end of episode 13 or 12 than it would've made the fans think "we did it!".

As for HotD sales were good.. better than Tatami Galaxy... (Hotd is @ 7.3k after 1 week, TG finished @ 7k for vol 1) don't expect a second season announcement soon due to lack of source matieral.. even if they made most of it anime original that's still a lot of planning time compared to adapting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Nah ... it's more like the plan was leaked, usually new seasons are planned before-hand, but not announced to boost sales (aka marketing) ... there is a lengthy counter-argument in HotD thread, though
Eh.. this is obviously a 2 season cour show broken into 2 separate one cour seasons.. I really don't see how any of the sales arguments in the HotD thread even apply to this.

Sales will matter for a 3rd season period Manglobe's made too many sales failures to invest in this again if it's not worthwhile... and if sells really badly.. who knows they might even Mitsudomoe it and cut the episodes down in the second season.

Last edited by Westlo; 2010-10-05 at 13:55.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 13:35   Link #496
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
maybe even Ono Daisuke to a lesser extent.
What. Ono either plays bishounens or big gruff manly men.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I can't agree more than I could only see Keima with Fukuyama, just because of the "so over the top" and "flashy" voice he can have.
I think this is something everyone can agree on. I have no idea why they didn't get Fukuyama when the role appears designed with him in mind.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 13:37   Link #497
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
What. Ono either plays bishounens or big gruff manly men.
Not true at all. Ono has played a lot of 'good looking men' roles, with a very posh theme. Just look at Sebastian for example.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 13:40   Link #498
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Not true at all. Ono has played a lot of 'good looking men' roles, with a very posh theme. Just look at Sebastian for example.
Those are bishounen roles, bro. Nothing Ono's ever done is quite like Keima, but Jun Fukuyama's defining role this past decade was Lelouche, and...
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 13:43   Link #499
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Those are bishounen roles, bro. Nothing Ono's ever done is quite like Keima, but Jun Fukuyama's defining role this past decade was Lelouche, and...
A role people were saying should've been given to Sakurai Takahiro (And Jun doing Suzaku) before the show aired If you looked at their history to that point Takahiro was much more suited to voice an anti hero...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 13:45   Link #500
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Those are bishounen roles, bro.
I just read your original post wrong. My apologies.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.