AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Favourite Character(s) Poll
Akiyama Mio 83 38.43%
Hirasawa Yui 84 38.89%
Tainaka Ritsu 84 38.89%
Kotobuki Tsumugi 64 29.63%
Nakano Azusa 89 41.20%
Hirasawa Ui 41 18.98%
Suzuki Jun 26 12.04%
Manabe Nodoka 25 11.57%
Yamanaka Sawako 39 18.06%
Tachibana Himeko 30 13.89%
Ton-chan 22 10.19%
Other 9 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-10-08, 14:28   Link #61
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
Are you saying that Ritsu isn't a bit of a jerk? She ripped up Mio's literary club application form at the start of the series, generally drags her into things against her will, was notably jealous of Nodoka for being friends with Mio in their second year, perpetually neglects her responsibilities to the club, mocks Yui as often as she serves as Yui's comic foil in some practical joke, played a rather cruel joke on Azusa in Episode 26 (almost reducing her to tears,) and once pitched this huge whine-fest about how playing the drums keeps her out of the spotlight.

I'd say Ritsu is very realistic. She's just blessed with a group of friends who are remarkably tolerant of the shortcomings of her character.
Quote:
Originally Posted by keroro gunsou View Post
I dont agree.
For me Ritsu was impressive in season 1 !!

At least,Ritsu's irrational jealousy to Nodoka is not negative for me.
Her feeling, Mio would go away,meant her strong friendship to Mio.
She expressed her jealousy so clearly.

And, She asked Mio to stay with me more until Im sleep, it is her honesty.
This scene is very sweet...
No, actually, I don't think she's that much of a jerk :S (You could argue Yui's a jerk to Ui for making her do everything, or Azusa's a jerk to the group for (attempting) to scold them everytime they don't practice. Or even Mio for being a jerk for always hitting Ritsu). At least, not on purpose anyways. Mio and Ritsu have developed a comfortable enough relationship where they don't have to worry about the fact that the other might leave and ditch them. Once Nodoka came along, Ritsu became insecure about their strength of a relationship and just got plain confused. As for the practical jokes she plays on the others, it's not like they're something that'd hurt them for a long period of time.

Come to think of it, Yui and Mugi's characters are the only ones who haven't been mad or frustrated at one point... Maybe Mugi on the phone to her family servants (which kind of makes me second guess her character). Mugi seems to have some evil side no one is aware of yet ;O
bloppyblue is offline  
Old 2010-10-08, 16:14   Link #62
Micromonster
Tiny Menace
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Where the pencils are
Quote:
Originally Posted by keroro gunsou View Post
At least,Ritsu's irrational jealousy to Nodoka is not negative for me.
Her feeling, Mio would go away,meant her strong friendship to Mio.
She expressed her jealousy so clearly.

And, She asked Mio to stay with me more until Im sleep, it is her honesty.
This scene is very sweet...
I didn't mean negative as in "bad". What I'm saying is that out of all the girls, Ritsu is the one who has displayed the widest range of emotions. And hers are the most realistic -like for example, in the Winter Days episode her self-consciousness and insecurity issues are much better played than when Mio's feeling generally insecure about singing or something. Mio's is too exaggerated. Or compare Ritsu's jealousy over Mio socializing more with Nodoka, to Yui feeling jealous over someone handling her guitar.

I think Ritsu's emotions (in the anime) are quite believable, and the other girls' seem like comic relief in comparison. Not always, but mostly I get that vibe. Maybe it's just me
Micromonster is offline  
Old 2010-10-08, 16:18   Link #63
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
No, actually, I don't think she's that much of a jerk :S (You could argue Yui's a jerk to Ui for making her do everything, or Azusa's a jerk to the group for (attempting) to scold them everytime they don't practice. Or even Mio for being a jerk for always hitting Ritsu). At least, not on purpose anyways. Mio and Ritsu have developed a comfortable enough relationship where they don't have to worry about the fact that the other might leave and ditch them. Once Nodoka came along, Ritsu became insecure about their strength of a relationship and just got plain confused. As for the practical jokes she plays on the others, it's not like they're something that'd hurt them for a long period of time.

Come to think of it, Yui and Mugi's characters are the only ones who haven't been mad or frustrated at one point... Maybe Mugi on the phone to her family servants (which kind of makes me second guess her character). Mugi seems to have some evil side no one is aware of yet ;O
The manga tells us that Mugi's servants fear her when she gets angry, so there's definitely more to her than the friendly rich girl she's seen as by everyone else.

Same thing goes for the music store clerks. I assume Mugi takes her role as the company president's daughter quite seriously, even if she doesn't seem to lay down the law on them. They're pretty much shitting their pants whenever she passes by the store.
__________________
Lord of Fire is offline  
Old 2010-10-08, 23:10   Link #64
AnimeDK-
AnimeDK
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sydney
Age: 19
Azusa FTW~!!!!
She looks soo cute with the cat ears

Yui is just Funny~! soo she would be 2nd~!

Mugi is Randomly funny at a random... 3rd
AnimeDK- is offline  
Old 2010-10-09, 00:19   Link #65
Saphira Veera
Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Tainaka Residence
OMG! Ritsu's coming first with 48 votes! Go, go, RICCHAAAN!
__________________

Sakura Kyouko
Saphira Veera is offline  
Old 2010-10-09, 02:30   Link #66
Forte
The IV th Numerals
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Anywhere. Just passing by though...
Send a message via Yahoo to Forte
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphira Veera View Post
OMG! Ritsu's coming first with 48 votes! Go, go, RICCHAAAN!
Thats my Ricchan!!! XD *talking as similar as Yui* *suddenly being surrounded by a killing aura coming from a bunch of Ricchan's fandom*
__________________
Forte is offline  
Old 2010-10-09, 11:04   Link #67
VEE
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Send a message via MSN to VEE Send a message via Skype™ to VEE
Feewwiiitt Ricchan. You're leading!!
But YUI and MIO are still the love of people in Japan compared to Ricchan. ?

Correct me if i'm wrong
VEE is offline  
Old 2010-10-09, 11:44   Link #68
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEE View Post
Feewwiiitt Ricchan. You're leading!!
But YUI and MIO are still the love of people in Japan compared to Ricchan. ?

Correct me if i'm wrong
SADLY, that's probably true! It's odd... Japan doesn't see the superiority of Ritsu.
bloppyblue is offline  
Old 2010-10-09, 16:11   Link #69
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Japan is Moe obessed. Just look at all the popular female anime characters, almost each one of them is cute. For example same Hinata from Naruto.

And wow... Ritsu leads with 5 votes apart?
Yep, this poll is 100% different from last one.
__________________
kitten320 is offline  
Old 2010-10-09, 17:49   Link #70
GreatTeacherKen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: California
Well I think Ritsu's cute (it's the forehead ), but she's somewhat overshadowed by the other girls.
GreatTeacherKen is offline  
Old 2010-10-09, 19:37   Link #71
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTeacherKen View Post
Well I think Ritsu's cute (it's the forehead ), but she's somewhat overshadowed by the other girls.
Now she's getting all the love she didn't receive during the first season x)

Does anybody feel that Ritsu got a lot more screen time than the rest of the girls? I have a feeling she did, but if she did, then I didn't really notice it (probably too happy at Ritsu-focused episodes).

Mio took over Season 1, Ritsu took over Season 2, and Yui's popular all the way round. So does this mean the movie's gonna make Mugi's popularity sky-rocket?
bloppyblue is offline  
Old 2010-10-09, 20:12   Link #72
VEE
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Send a message via MSN to VEE Send a message via Skype™ to VEE
Quote:
originally posted by bloppyblue
Now she's getting all the love she didn't receive during the first season x)

Does anybody feel that Ritsu got a lot more screen time than the rest of the girls? I have a feeling she did, but if she did, then I didn't really notice it (probably too happy at Ritsu-focused episodes).

Mio took over Season 1, Ritsu took over Season 2, and Yui's popular all the way round. So does this mean the movie's gonna make Mugi's popularity sky-rocket?
Mugi? but anyway i'm still hoping for Ritsu. She's the comedian after all. And where the hell is the episode about ritsu's bf.? -_-""
VEE is offline  
Old 2010-10-09, 20:54   Link #73
GreatTeacherKen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: California
Ritsu and Mio are practically glued together, it's rare to have a scene with just one or the other, which might be one reason why there's a lot of fan art of them taking their relationship a bit further.

I think K-ON!'s more like an ensemble, much like Azumanga Daioh, the girls get roughly equal screen time and focus as opposed to a story with a clear protagonist. Mugi gets comparatively less character focus, but she's still present during the girls' activities even though she doesn't talk as much. In other words, none of the characters really dominate.
GreatTeacherKen is offline  
Old 2010-10-10, 00:26   Link #74
Saphira Veera
Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Tainaka Residence
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEE View Post
Mugi? but anyway i'm still hoping for Ritsu. She's the comedian after all. And where the hell is the episode about ritsu's bf.? -_-""
I'm hoping Episode 27 is about that... >.<
__________________

Sakura Kyouko
Saphira Veera is offline  
Old 2010-10-10, 12:19   Link #75
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphira Veera View Post
I'm hoping Episode 27 is about that... >.<
So am I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bloppyblue is offline  
Old 2010-10-10, 17:27   Link #76
Qikz
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 24
Ritsu is indeed cute, just for her mannerisms, think she looks much better with her hair down.

If I'm honest, first season I didn't really like Ritsu as she never really got as many jokes, same with Mugi, it's as if she never really got much chance to grow on me.

Azusa is still my favourite character, but Mugi and Ritsu definately went up in my expectations this season. Well, if I'm honest. I just love them all.
Qikz is offline  
Old 2010-10-10, 18:10   Link #77
Forte
The IV th Numerals
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Anywhere. Just passing by though...
Send a message via Yahoo to Forte
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
So am I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Spoiler for manga spoiler:
__________________

Last edited by Forte; 2010-10-10 at 21:48. Reason: adding the spoiler tag...
Forte is offline  
Old 2010-10-10, 21:37   Link #78
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
Ritsu is indeed cute, just for her mannerisms, think she looks much better with her hair down.

If I'm honest, first season I didn't really like Ritsu as she never really got as many jokes, same with Mugi, it's as if she never really got much chance to grow on me.

Azusa is still my favourite character, but Mugi and Ritsu definately went up in my expectations this season. Well, if I'm honest. I just love them all.
Really? I felt that she got a truck load of jokes from S1. Even in the first episode (jokes about how Mio and her planned to start a band one day at that fake concert, little things like "WE'LL WAIT UNTIL SOMEONE GETS HERE!")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forte View Post
Spoiler for manga spoiler:
I couldn't stop laughing and smiling through that whole thing xD
Oh by the way, I suggest you go edit your post and put a spoiler tag. I'm sure everybody who hadn't read the manga already knows about that chapter, but just in case :P
bloppyblue is offline  
Old 2010-10-11, 14:42   Link #79
matteas
Member Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Czech Republic
Age: 22
It's quite a surprise that Ritsu is in the lead. I would expect Yui or Mio or maybe Azusa. But definitely not Ritsu. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. On the contrary, I find it as a nice change. I like Ritsu's character and her bit eccentric behavior.

I only voted for Yui as I didn't know it's a multiple choice poll >_<
matteas is offline  
Old 2010-10-12, 01:27   Link #80
CrowKenobi
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: there... just there.
Moved some Ritsu appreciation posts to her character thread since getting that specific about a character is "off-topic" for this thread.
__________________



CrowKenobi is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.