AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2010-10-08, 08:45   Link #461
Kallen4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
The diagonal cut through Akainu's neck area. Doesn't take his head off, but it slices him pretty good. It would have killed him had the Haki attack worked right.
agreed, I've brought this point up a few times

I expect that maybe in OP someone like WB or possibly even Akainu can survive a huge cut like that, but it would've still dealt massive damage and loads of blood .. Akainu just noted it was irritating --> Vista's Haki wasn't strong enough to pierce Akainus Haki (possibly due to Akainus (or maybe all 3 admirals) affinity to armor haki .. after all, that is what they most likely used to block WB's shockwaves .. also Vista possibly has an affinity for Mantra - seems useful for a swordsman and it would explain why his armor haki was weaker then Akainus)

on a sidenote - WB should've used his bisento to cut down Akainu after Ace dies, a cut is a cut (and possibly take off his head), but more bluntish damage from quake-punches can be tanked, as both Akainu and BB demonstrated magnificiently .. same with BB - should've continued to stab him with the bisento instead of a quake .. but that would just result in a dead BB, not what the plot needs
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 04:58   Link #462
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
When did he make a slash clean through Akainu's neck?
ch574
Vista makes a huge cut deep into Akainu's neck; and using Haki no less
But despite using Haki, Akainu does not bleed or anything; all it did was irritate him... i would suspect the irritation is either because it does still cause some pain despite the lack of damage, or because he needs to concentrate or use energy if avoid being hurt by haki users and so fighting them is a bit tougher...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 05:10   Link #463
Kallen4life

pretty much a logia with good armor haki that isn't taken by surprise is still nigh-invincible (unless a specific weakness (that Akainu doesn't have so far) or seastone is involved) .. probably not many people in the world that can go through Akainus armor-haki - WB, Garp, Shanks, Rayleigh possibly and of course in time - Luffy

Quote:
i would suspect the irritation is either because it does still cause some pain despite the lack of damage, or because he needs to concentrate or use energy if avoid being hurt by haki users and so fighting them is a bit tougher..
I think it's both
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote