AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-10-13, 16:09   Link #401
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBoon View Post
selfishly not wanting to get last in the marathon so that she wouldn't appear in an embarrassing photograph.
Why did you think that was selfish? :S Can't you argue that Mio was being selfish saving Yui's ass during those two performances because it embarrassed Yui and the whole club for being unprepared and also directed all the attention towards her? Isn't it selfish to direct all the attention to her for overreacting to her fears? Or selfish of her to not allow the rest of the girls to have fun and just to practice (which, in the end, they did all have fun lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wboon View Post
Uh... what evidence?
Oh, no, I wasn't talking about me specifically or anything like that xD I'm just saying, if there were cold hard facts presented, I don't think you'd be one to take that for an answer.
bloppyblue is offline  
Old 2010-10-13, 16:20   Link #402
WBoon
Smile, like HTT Girls
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Singapore
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to WBoon Send a message via Skype™ to WBoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
Can't you argue that Mio was being selfish saving Yui's ass during those two performances because it embarrassed Yui and the whole club for being unprepared and also directed all the attention towards her? Isn't it selfish to direct all the attention to her for overreacting to her fears? Or selfish of her to not allow the rest of the girls to have fun and just to practice (which, in the end, they did all have fun lol)
For your sake (and health), I seriously hope you are not serious about this statement. I mean, I'd love to assess those accusations but... seems like you either be tripping or trolling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue
Oh, no, I wasn't talking about me specifically or anything like that xD I'm just saying, if there were cold hard facts presented, I don't think you'd be one to take that for an answer.
Yeah, that's why I agreed wholeheartedly with Ryonea's evidences, right?
__________________

Last edited by WBoon; 2010-10-13 at 16:52. Reason: Removal of butthurt. Ness.
WBoon is offline  
Old 2010-10-13, 16:52   Link #403
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Indonesia
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBoon
Haha, no way. That is so cute. :3 I'd love to see that being brought out at least a little bit (maybe having Azusa showing a hint of jealousy when Yui tries and give something to Mio; I don't know).
Um.. sorry, what I mean "she" in my post before refers to Azusa, not Yui ^^;
Well.. here's the portion of the manga, taken from 3rd chapter of Volume 3:
Spoiler:

Notice Azusa's blush XD

Spoiler:

She blushes again and scolds Yui for interrupting XD

Spoiler:

Azusa's relieve of Mio's reaction, then she suddenly remembered Yui's candy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBoon
I've deleted the entire season two of K-On by now, so I can't check up on your claims. But as for the handling out of flyers... Wait, didja mean she handed out those flyers with Tsumugi and Tsumugi herself only? Ritsu and the others didn't come? If so, then yes, there is a possibility that Mio might have suggested something like handing out flyers to Tsumugi. God, I would've loved to see an interaction scene like that between her and Tsumugi. Yes, it would be just a short, pointless 15 seconds scene - but it would say so much (more).
Yeah, only the two of them. At first, It's 5 of them handed out the flyers, but no one came. Then the scene continues where Ritsu, Yui, and Azusa tries new strategy, such as Ritsu's fainting act, Yui's asking where the club room is, and then they three tries to snuck into the other clubs. While all of those happen, Mio and Tsumugi continued to hand the flyers. Back to their club room, Ritsu, Yui, and Azusa are surprised that Mio and Mugi actually continued to hand the flyers while still wearing their animal costume XD because of this, I believe it is not Ritsu and their group's initiative. Mio herself also said "we were handing flyers". She wouldn't say that if Ritsu ordered Mio and Mugi to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBoon
I actually have to thank you, Ryonea, though, for bringing those examples up. Guess I kinda forgot about those little hints.
Don't mention it. I myself won't find that out if I didn't rewatch the series (which I did a lot and focus to different characters) I was also raged on how Mugi seemed to be too silent in the anime, but I rewatched the series, and I found out that she's not forgotten at all. The scenes could be missed easily. I think it's because our attention are driven to the main plot, so those little things seems meaningless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBoon
I know. But the problem is, there's no meaning to her fans' adulation, so it's hard for me to believe that Mio has any reason to feel grateful to her fans. Well, maybe it's just because she appreciate that they like her so much because her insecure self would have her disliking herself. Hence the fans giving her the idea that she's actually worth liking might make her feel grateful. Still, the fans coulda' state some sort of reason why they like her. Otherwise, it just makes it look like they like her for her panties. Ahem.
I think you stated that clearly While I do agree that most of her fans like her mainly because of her cute self. ^^; I think, the panty incident's just a catalyst. Back in their first school festival, you can see that as soon as the curtain's open, we can hear some audience shouted "who's that? she's so cute". Those are normal, though. Well, after all, if we like a person, we almost always notice their appearance first, right? then it moves to their personality etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBoon
Surprise, surprise. Mio's overly moeness in Episode 25 was the reason I dropped K-On, so I didn't get to go to 26. Guess I'll have to catch this episode myself.
You should watch it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wboon
Heh heh, reminds me a lot of me back in Secondary School. Even now, I'm still sorta like that. Sort of. Keeping my zany friends in check when they are too silly/lazy, I mean. Heh.

Yeah, I see a lot of Mio in myself. :3
Yeah, it's kinda difficult to be the only "sane" person in a group XD I'm also kind of in the same position as her and Azusa in my group.

Last edited by Ryonea; 2010-10-13 at 17:03.
Ryonea is offline  
Old 2010-10-13, 17:03   Link #404
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBoon View Post
For your sake (and health), I seriously hope you are not serious about this statement. I mean, I'd love to assess those accusations but... seems like you either be tripping or trolling.
Just trying to prove the point that you can argue for anything.
bloppyblue is offline  
Old 2010-10-13, 17:19   Link #405
WBoon
Smile, like HTT Girls
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Singapore
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to WBoon Send a message via Skype™ to WBoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Spoiler:

Notice Azusa's blush XD

Spoiler:

She blushes again and scolds Yui for interrupting XD

Spoiler:

Azusa's relieve of Mio's reaction, then she suddenly remembered Yui's candy.
Honestly, that's the... f-ing cutest thing I've ever seen in the whole entirety of K-On. lol Gawd, am I sorry for not reading the manga. Way better than the anime in some parts... if only the homosexuality aspects are dropped. Heh.

But yeah, I'd have loved to see that scene being brought onto the screen - or did they? I couldn't remember. Again, this is one of those times when I think I'd notice if they pull this cute an Azusa/Mio moment in S2 (and seeing the lesbianism implied in those manga scans, I'm pretty sure this time that scene wasn't really adapted, haha). If they have trimmed away the Yuri aspects, though, it would've worked as a really sweet scene (added with KyoAni's slice-of-life aspects, and you might get an "I respect you as a senior, Mio-senpai" moment even :3).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea
I think, the panty incident's just a catalyst. Back in their first school festival, you can see that as soon as the curtain's open, we can hear some audience shouted "who's that? she's so cute". Those are normal, though. Well, after all, if we like a person, we almost always notice their appearance first, right? then it moves to their personality etc.
Again, another aspect I took for granted 'coz it seemed so insignificant. I get what you mean, about the catalyst part. Nevertheless, this remains as one of those aspects we have to infer for ourselves. It is not blatantly explained or confirmed why the students of Sakuragaoka like Mio, so we only have those 'who's that' and 'she's so cute' comments to work with, along with the probability that the panties incident is indeed just a catalyst for better reasons to like Mio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea
You should watch it
Yeah, I just did. Not entirely quality in portraying Mio the way she was in S1, but after 21 episodes of moe-blob (so to speak), I'm glad this episode came along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea
Yeah, it's kinda difficult to be the only "sane" person in a group XD
Ho ho, indeed it is. I wish the show would also emphasize from Mio's PoV how difficult this is for her - not that there's anything wrong with having a little fun amidst the hard work, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
Just trying to prove the point that you can argue for anything.
Yeah, bloopy, you just confirmed that you were trolling, since you directly ignored that my acknowledgment of accepting Ryonea's views, not arguing against her, even though they contradicted my views in many parts.

Also, just to add, thanks to Ryonea for appearing. Even though it was not of your intention, you inadvertently revived the Mio thread greatly through your views. haha
__________________
WBoon is offline  
Old 2010-10-13, 19:27   Link #406
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Indonesia
Age: 25
^^; don't mention it. I just love to have a nice discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBoon
Honestly, that's the... f-ing cutest thing I've ever seen in the whole entirety of K-On. lol Gawd, am I sorry for not reading the manga. Way better than the anime in some parts... if only the homosexuality aspects are dropped. Heh.

But yeah, I'd have loved to see that scene being brought onto the screen - or did they? I couldn't remember. Again, this is one of those times when I think I'd notice if they pull this cute an Azusa/Mio moment in S2 (and seeing the lesbianism implied in those manga scans, I'm pretty sure this time that scene wasn't really adapted, haha). If they have trimmed away the Yuri aspects, though, it would've worked as a really sweet scene (added with KyoAni's slice-of-life aspects, and you might get an "I respect you as a senior, Mio-senpai" moment even :3).
The manga is intended for male audiences, so the yuri-like aspects can't be helped ^^; it is only a 4koma, so there's not much to expect except for the jokes and the fanservices, but it has some sweet moments that are not brought up in the anime.

As for that scene, it is changed in the anime. Azusa gave the valentine gift to the whole group instead of focusing to Mio.

Here's a bit of interesting side of Mio, sorry if this has been posted before:


Quote:
Originally Posted by WBoon
Again, another aspect I took for granted 'coz it seemed so insignificant. I get what you mean, about the catalyst part. Nevertheless, this remains as one of those aspects we have to infer for ourselves. It is not blatantly explained or confirmed why the students of Sakuragaoka like Mio, so we only have those 'who's that' and 'she's so cute' comments to work with, along with the probability that the panties incident is indeed just a catalyst for better reasons to like Mio.
Yeah, just trying to think logically, though. Because I don't think that girls are attracted the other girl's panties XD
Ryonea is offline  
Old 2010-10-13, 20:10   Link #407
WBoon
Smile, like HTT Girls
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Singapore
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to WBoon Send a message via Skype™ to WBoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Here's a bit of interesting side of Mio, sorry if this has been posted before:
LOL! Kinda nice to see Mio being concerned that her grades were not as high- ah, what am I saying. She was down right jealous. xD Heh, better than being a moe-blob, though. Hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea
Yeah, just trying to think logically, though. Because I don't think that girls are attracted the other girl's panties XD
Well, with girls, you never know. I've seen photos of my own female classmates in real life sticking their tongue against each other's tongue. Lesbianism seems to be more normal with girls than boys (naturally), and if this already holds true in real life, I don't see why this wouldn't be so for fiction, either. Heh.

And besides, Sokabe was stalking Mio. <_<" No, that half-ass excuse about wanting to see her as much as she can before she graduates was ludicrous - and not to mention being suggestive on its own anyway.
__________________
WBoon is offline  
Old 2010-10-28, 01:01   Link #408
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 34
Truly they're sisters separated by birth

__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline  
Old 2010-10-29, 04:29   Link #409
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: In Hancock's Heart
this might be debatable, but i think mio and azusa being gay or let's say, bi, is not that unlikely.the show and the manga hint to it。*mauled*
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline  
Old 2010-10-29, 15:36   Link #410
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
They don't hint any relationships at all. Just yuri fascination.
bloppyblue is offline  
Old 2010-10-29, 18:43   Link #411
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: In Hancock's Heart
yes,no ACTUAL relationships.but not hinting yuri AT ALL? albeit i disagree to that,it's safe to say that non-yuri fans either refuse to see them or they don't really see them at all. FUYU NO HI is 1 ex.Can the lyrics be any less obvious?2nd, BF chap.mio was freaking out alrdy before she even realized the 'supposed logical' reason why she's acting that way.if ur just a friend?would u b bothered about a natural thing like your frnd getting kissed?
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline  
Old 2010-10-29, 23:29   Link #412
Proto
Knowledge is the solution
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: U. of Pittsburgh, Previously in Mexico City.
Age: 30
I think it's just people who need to get their heads out of the gutter.
Proto is offline  
Old 2010-10-30, 08:58   Link #413
itzglez
♫♫♪
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Port of Galleon
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
yes,no ACTUAL relationships.but not hinting yuri AT ALL?
man, would I think myself now as a bi?

is it not normal to freak out if your bestfriend will end up with the wrong guy? the way I see it, Mio's just protecting Ritsu from hooking up with some random guy.
__________________

Last edited by itzglez; 2010-10-30 at 09:29.
itzglez is offline  
Old 2010-10-30, 10:21   Link #414
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: In Hancock's Heart
hmm..so i see. we do really have different views about it.XD Bec. for me,i find someone who's extremely freaking out about such thing very outlandish.XD

so,maybe you're not Bi.XD
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline  
Old 2010-10-30, 14:05   Link #415
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Making metal ... for fish
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
yes,no ACTUAL relationships.but not hinting yuri AT ALL? albeit i disagree to that,it's safe to say that non-yuri fans either refuse to see them or they don't really see them at all. FUYU NO HI is 1 ex.Can the lyrics be any less obvious?2nd, BF chap.mio was freaking out alrdy before she even realized the 'supposed logical' reason why she's acting that way.if ur just a friend?would u b bothered about a natural thing like your frnd getting kissed?
Yes. Imagine you've got this tight-knit group of friends. One of them is your best friend going all the way back to childhood. Now imagine that your best friend strikes up an intimate relationship with a complete stranger who is foreign to your social circle (and to most of your social circles, since you're in gender-segregated schooling.)

Chances are, you're going to be at least a little jealous. Not because you want to take your best friend to bed, but because you're afraid that your best friend's new boyfriend/girlfriend is going to take them away from you and your close-knit circle of friends. Another (though not as extreme) example of this was Ritsu's irrational jealousy of Nodoka in season one. Nodoka is Yui's friend first, and in the first two years of high school; she wasn't really in on the keionbu clique. (Even by the end of the series, she's still mostly just Yui's friend.)

So, no yuri here. All we see here are a couple of insecure teenage girls whose insecurity tends them towards occasionally being jealous and petty. But on the other hand, they can also be affectionate. Behaviors displayed by heterosexual teenaged girls. If any of the girls of K-On! tend towards bi- or homosexuality in any way, it's a tossup between Azusa and Yui (if we take her attempts at kissing Azusa to be anything other than Evil Yui messing with Azusa's head) . . . and even then, the case for either of them isn't that much stronger than the case arguing for yuri loving between any of the other K-On! girls.

As for Fuyu No Hi . . . I believe it's been pointed out that the liner notes for that particular song have a sketch of a guy scribbled on them.
__________________
Go into the water. Live there. Die there.
GMT is offline  
Old 2010-10-30, 18:45   Link #416
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: In Hancock's Heart
i probably can get that freaking out thing now.albeit i'd still find it weird.XD

but doodle of a boy?so mio wrote that as a fictional boy who likes ritsu?uggh. that's great trolling kyoani. L0L.good job! XD minus that mood-wrecker doodle,i believe it's still mio since the POV owner's situation fits her.XDD

anyhow,would you mind showing me that boy?? i hope he got black hair and tsurime eyes (mio boy ver.) L0L
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline  
Old 2010-10-31, 02:15   Link #417
TakuanInc.
loves Marisa Kirisame.
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Under a rock.
Send a message via MSN to TakuanInc. Send a message via Yahoo to TakuanInc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
anyhow,would you mind showing me that boy?? i hope he got black hair and tsurime eyes (mio boy ver.) L0L
This thing.



Along with the Fuyu no Hi lyrics and a doodle of Ton-chan. The guys says; "Today is cold huh?"

Anyway, this doesn't really imply anything other than it being just a random doodle. If you look at the whiteboard in the music room (S2, forgot which episodes), this man is a running gag in there.
__________________
TakuanInc. is offline  
Old 2010-10-31, 05:51   Link #418
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: In Hancock's Heart
*sigh of relief* i thought i'd forever live in despair bec. of that boy.L0L. and it's funny how it really is a doodle afterall.L0L. he looks like fido-dido.XDD

thank you, good miss,for saving me from eternal doom.l0l. this really helped. yeah,FUYU NO HI IS MITSU!! PERIOD. xP
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline  
Old 2011-01-14, 12:04   Link #419
Ritsu026
Ritsu's boyfriend
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: in Ritsu's hands
Age: 17
Happy Birthday Mio!!!
Have some presents
__________________
Ritsu026 is offline  
Old 2011-01-14, 18:38   Link #420
Frizo
Say what?
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 17
Happy birthdayyy!
Frizo is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
characters

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.