AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-10-11, 05:15   Link #201
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Yeah, well, after the second episode, I realize that it is a greater crime to be boring than ugly

Character designs look terrible (especially the females), the plot moves slow as hell, until some unrealistic development in the end of each episode (marriege and carrier decisions for the LULZ). But given that there is so much hype about this, I'll try the third episode, though for me this looks like the only show I'll drop this season.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 03:18   Link #202
pampz21
ripApart
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: USA
what can I say.....hmmmmm
I think its going to get tough getting fans for the anime to the people that read the manga!
cuz it look just like the manga...only thing is thats different is its moving! they should probably add some comedy more or exagurate the things they're talking...cuz the people will get bored if they are the only one understanding it and the watchers can't understand wat they're talking about!
__________________


Boredom can kill you~
pampz21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 03:39   Link #203
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Yeah, well, after the second episode, I realize that it is a greater crime to be boring than ugly

Character designs look terrible (especially the females), the plot moves slow as hell, until some unrealistic development in the end of each episode (marriege and carrier decisions for the LULZ). But given that there is so much hype about this, I'll try the third episode, though for me this looks like the only show I'll drop this season.
The story is nowhere near boring. Though I do that this story works better in manga form, at least up till this point in the anime.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 14:49   Link #204
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Yeah, well, after the second episode, I realize that it is a greater crime to be boring than ugly

Character designs look terrible (especially the females), the plot moves slow as hell, until some unrealistic development in the end of each episode (marriege and carrier decisions for the LULZ). But given that there is so much hype about this, I'll try the third episode, though for me this looks like the only show I'll drop this season.
Wouldn't call it boring, Saiko and Shujin touch some interesting subjects during their roof talk, and the humour's pretty good (for example Shujin LOLing at Saiko's feelings xD).
Btw ep.2 separates the boring real life from the exciting world of fantasy; I'm surprised nobody commented on grandpa's last line, that he was worried about Moritaka being no good, but was relieved when he found out his dream.

Quote:
Iwase's voice was perfect.
Thirded.
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 18:12   Link #205
-Sho-
~Omedetô~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Somewhere between heaven and hell !
I found it quite good . Char design terrible ? lol there are worse than that sry dude .

Best hilarious part was 8:39 Shujin .

Anyway you can feels the feelings and the pacing inside and i liked the last part when Saiko called Shujin to come in the studio and then Shujin screaming his happiness .

Ow and what's wrong with the dad ... i know that japanese works very late but he doesn't directly talk with Saiko .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 19:10   Link #206
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Iwase's voice was perfect....
I agree. I thought Fujimura Ayumi was great in one of her early roles, Karada in Asatte no Houko (a.k.a., "Living for the Day After Tomorrow") in 2006, but for a couple of years after that, I was underwhelmed: Ayase in Kaze no Stigma was a definite turn-off for me, harsh and thin. She seemed to have no flavor, and what flavor there was wasn't pleasing.

But she has shown up in roles I've appreciated over the past couple of years: Cecily Campbell, Mafuyu in Qwaser. She has been getting roles all along, so I think the professionals have always appreciated something about her. Maybe she has now reached the point where she is able to put a bit more vividness into her roles. Or maybe I'm just learning to appreciate less flashy work.



She's 28. Her debut was in 2006 as Marie in Nishi no Yoko Majou, although she did have some bit parts in Bleach in 2004. I see in her Japanese Wikipedia entry that in Asatte no Houkou she kept being unable to get things right, and was called back on her own to fix upwards of 50 "NG" (=no good) bits. She has done a lot of dubbing of foreign TV shows and movies, including CSI New York, The O.C., Cold Case, Sabrina, and Mr. and Mrs. Smith.
__________________
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 19:34   Link #207
Guido
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Monterrey, México
Age: 34
Page 2: Idiots and Geniuses

I felt a bit underwhelmed regarding the lenghty conversation engaged among Saiko and Shuujin, but it made to appreciate an important point.

For idiots they live of their dreams and waste, as their lives pass by.

On the other hand, geniuses grasp what they want to do and do right away to achieve their dreams.

The last statement can be exemplified upon what Saiko did later back at home.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 22:03   Link #208
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
I think it'll be fine for Japanese audience to get hooked on.
The voice acting is top notch, and didn't bore me even for a second in both episodes.
The emotions expressed feel very genuine.
Especially Shujin. My god, he NAILED that role. It fits like a glove.

Perhaps y'all reading subtitles are getting bored doing so.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
And as always, the little sexist touches make me uncomfortable, but ah well. This is the guy who wrote Death Note after all.
You fell for one of the oldest strawman in existence.
Views of a character (especially not even a protagonist) =/= views of the writer.
Seriously. Just think before you draw that connection.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 22:39   Link #209
Xagzan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I think it'll be fine for Japanese audience to get hooked on.
The voice acting is top notch, and didn't bore me even for a second in both episodes.
The emotions expressed feel very genuine.
Especially Shujin. My god, he NAILED that role. It fits like a glove.

Perhaps y'all reading subtitles are getting bored doing so.




You fell for one of the oldest strawman in existence.
Views of a character (especially not even a protagonist) =/= views of the writer.
Seriously. Just think before you draw that connection.
Don't say it's a strawman unless you happen to know Ohba's views for yourself. Cause otherwise, I'm just going off the little subtleties I've noticed sprinkled in parts of DN and Bakuman, not even just from things characters say, but the roles the female characters have or how they act or are treated, even by the plot itself. But still, I'll be the first to admit it's possible that since this is Ohba, who loves writing mysteries, writing female characters that way is a charade to make us think Ohba's a man, when he's really a woman..
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 01:38   Link #210
totoum
Oppai warrior
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
She has been getting roles all along, so I think the professionals have always appreciated something about her. Maybe she has now reached the point where she is able to put a bit more vividness into her roles. Or maybe I'm just learning to appreciate less flashy work.
Took notice of her after her performance as Misuki in Maid Sama and she's confirming this fall in shows like Bakuman but also "Shinryaku! Ika Musume" and "Otome Youkai Zakuro"

Anyone know how far into the manga we'll get,will we get an anime original ending?
__________________
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 09:33   Link #211
mouhitori
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
I hope we don't get an anime original ending, at the pace they are going right now, there should be more than enough materials for a two cour (24-26 episodes) anyway.

Overall, I would say the adaptation is great so far, and the pace is quite good too.
mouhitori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 12:18   Link #212
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
But she has shown up in roles I've appreciated over the past couple of years: Cecily Campbell, Mafuyu in Qwaser. She has been getting roles all along, so I think the professionals have always appreciated something about her. Maybe she has now reached the point where she is able to put a bit more vividness into her roles. Or maybe I'm just learning to appreciate less flashy work.

She's 28. Her debut was in 2006 as Marie in Nishi no Yoko Majou, although she did have some bit parts in Bleach in 2004. I see in her Japanese Wikipedia entry that in Asatte no Houkou she kept being unable to get things right, and was called back on her own to fix upwards of 50 "NG" (=no good) bits. She has done a lot of dubbing of foreign TV shows and movies, including CSI New York, The O.C., Cold Case, Sabrina, and Mr. and Mrs. Smith.
Thanks for all those infos. Even though I had heard her in other shows before, I only took notice of her this year thanks to her roles in Gundam Unicorn and Qwaser. She was great in Kaichou wa maid sama as well, in fact I'd say it's her best role so far. She seems to be a rather discreet seiyuu. As you said, her work isn't very flashy so that might be why. Either way, I like her, although I can't say she ranks among my favorites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I think it'll be fine for Japanese audience to get hooked on.
The voice acting is top notch, and didn't bore me even for a second in both episodes.
The emotions expressed feel very genuine.
Especially Shujin. My god, he NAILED that role. It fits like a glove.
I agree about Shujin. I'm still having a hard time getting used to Saiko's voice though, as it's completely different from what I had imagined. That's probably because I had forgotten how jaded Saiko was at the beginning of the story.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 13:13   Link #213
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Checked out the second episode just to hear Fujimura Ayumi's Iwase, and wow she does not disappoint at all. Going by her track record over the past few years, i can't say i'm surprised.

She'll be seriously good during future events.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 13:20   Link #214
Xagzan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Assuming they use those future events.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 13:22   Link #215
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Assuming they use those future events.
I'm not talking as if we'll see those scenes in the adaptation. Just that she would be good doing said scenes.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 17:06   Link #216
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Don't say it's a strawman unless you happen to know Ohba's views for yourself. Cause otherwise, I'm just going off the little subtleties I've noticed sprinkled in parts of DN and Bakuman, not even just from things characters say, but the roles the female characters have or how they act or are treated, even by the plot itself. But still, I'll be the first to admit it's possible that since this is Ohba, who loves writing mysteries, writing female characters that way is a charade to make us think Ohba's a man, when he's really a woman..
You're assuming the expressions of the characters are representation of the author's views.
Do you know what Ohba's thoughts are? No. So you have no more grounds to make this claim than me saying otherwise.
In general, its' dangerous to think this way, and you're simply jumping the gun for no good reason.
So I'm gonna label your "OHBA IS SEXISSSSTTT" a paranoid delusion. For now.

Btw, Ohba being a woman is an unconfirmed rumor.
Ohba being Gamou is also an unconfirmed rumor, but with insane amounts of evidences.
I could write an essay about it, in fact, people can be found guilty on less evidences than this in court.

So my bet is on him being male.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 19:29   Link #217
Xagzan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
You're assuming the expressions of the characters are representation of the author's views.
Do you know what Ohba's thoughts are? No. So you have no more grounds to make this claim than me saying otherwise.
In general, its' dangerous to think this way, and you're simply jumping the gun for no good reason.
So I'm gonna label your "OHBA IS SEXISSSSTTT" a paranoid delusion. For now.
Alriigghht, but that's quite different from what I said, which is that both series have sexist aspects, which they do. Nothing paranoid about it. I don't believe I specifically said that I thought Ohba was sexist personally. But now that you mention it, you're talking like there are only 1 or 2 instances attributable to one character in 1 scene in 1 chapter of 1 series. But when you have more instances across multiple series, and get such a pattern, I don't think it's unreasonable to start making small inferences about parts of the writer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Btw, Ohba being a woman is an unconfirmed rumor.
Ohba being Gamou is also an unconfirmed rumor, but with insane amounts of evidences.
I could write an essay about it, in fact, people can be found guilty on less evidences than this in court.

So my bet is on him being male.
Okaayyy, but I was really just being hypothetical. Possibly not the best example.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 00:47   Link #218
totoum
Oppai warrior
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Don't say it's a strawman unless you happen to know Ohba's views for yourself. Cause otherwise, I'm just going off the little subtleties I've noticed sprinkled in parts of DN and Bakuman, not even just from things characters say, but the roles the female characters have or how they act or are treated, even by the plot itself. But still, I'll be the first to admit it's possible that since this is Ohba, who loves writing mysteries, writing female characters that way is a charade to make us think Ohba's a man, when he's really a woman..
I can definatly see where you're coming from and was thinking the same as you at one point,but having read the manga there's things that happen later on in the story that make me think that while there's still a bunch of sexist characters there are exceptions.

Unless you've also read the manga and still think this?In which case we could hop on over to the manga thread an discuss specific things.
__________________
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 08:50   Link #219
Lilith
Your average fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: U.A.E. - Dubai
Age: 28
I agree, this episode was kinda boring. The best part was Saiko telling his family and getting the keys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I'm surprised nobody commented on grandpa's last line, that he was worried about Moritaka being no good, but was relieved when he found out his dream.
I noticed it, too. This echoes what was going on Saiko's mind (and Light's mind in Death Note!): A boring world. Gladly, now he has a goal in life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Ow and what's wrong with the dad ... i know that japanese works very late but he doesn't directly talk with Saiko .
I'm surprised, too. o_o First the texting thing, and now no talking to dad thing...

And about the sexist comment...
Maybe this is a trait in Saiko's dad more than it being in the author's. The father works until late, doesn't converse with his son much, and maybe doesn't think highly of women.
__________________
I realized I have too many interests/ideas/emotions to convey in one sig.
Lilith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 10:50   Link #220
Xagzan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
I can definatly see where you're coming from and was thinking the same as you at one point,but having read the manga there's things that happen later on in the story that make me think that while there's still a bunch of sexist characters there are exceptions.

Unless you've also read the manga and still think this?In which case we could hop on over to the manga thread an discuss specific things.
I have. My only point was there are similar instances sprinkled throughout the series, not just from Mashiro's father.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, comic works, coming of age, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.