AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite Umineko character(s)
Ushiromiya Battler 211 64.53%
Ushiromiya Ange 125 38.23%
Ushiromiya George 32 9.79%
Ushiromiya jessica 68 20.80%
Ushiromiya Maria 111 33.94%
Ushiromiya Kinzo 59 18.04%
Ushiromiya Krauss 13 3.98%
Ushiromiya Natsuhi 85 25.99%
Ushiromiya Eva 58 17.74%
Ushiromiya Hideyoshi 13 3.98%
Ushiromiya Rudolf 58 17.74%
Ushiromiya Kyrie 129 39.45%
Ushiromiya Rosa 80 24.46%
Shannon 51 15.60%
Kanon 61 18.65%
Ronoue Genji 20 6.12%
Gohda Toshiro 29 8.87%
Kumasawa Chiyo 18 5.50%
Nanjo Terumasa 6 1.83%
Others 31 9.48%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 327. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-21, 11:00   Link #41
omegasaries

Battler / Angie / Maria
Old 2010-01-21, 11:51   Link #42
AudriSampson
Ange Ushiromiya's Fangirl

Send a message via Yahoo to AudriSampson
For me it was Ange/Eva/Maria
Old 2010-01-23, 18:24   Link #43
Jaden
Witch of Betrayal

Ange:
Beyond the tragedy she is a very likeable character. I like the mix of extreme stoicism and fickleness. Love and hate for witches/magic. And funny personality quirks, treating money like toilet paper.

Kinzo:
On my scale insanity translates directly into character.

The rest of the cast is incompetent! You're not worthy of getting a vote from me. Gwahahahahahahah!!!!
Old 2010-01-24, 06:21   Link #44
xxangelchanxx
>:3

Send a message via MSN to xxangelchanxx
Maria and Battler.~
Old 2010-02-05, 22:29   Link #45
Abashi

Rosa Ushiromiya = Best Mother Ever

Spoiler for Rosa Ushiromiya = Best Mother Ever:

Last edited by Abashi; 2010-02-07 at 15:30.
Old 2010-02-19, 20:04   Link #46
Golden Summoner Dre

Okay this is kinda hard for me but ill list the top 5

1.) Battler: He truly is a man who although had his ups and down in the past games he has risen to each challenge and now he's earned the title "Endless Sorcerer".

2.) Rudolf: Battler's badassness gene had to come from somewhere. His fight with Pride is what sold me.

3.) Kyrie: Brains and Beauty.

4.) George: He can go on par with Gaap in a fight. (and if it wasn't for the loser flag he would have won)

5.) Natsuhi: Even when things were going wrong she kept a strong will to make sure the family name would not be ruined. That gets good marks in my book
Old 2010-06-02, 18:58   Link #47
Sugar_Prayer
The Awesome One

Oddly enough, I think Rosa is pretty darn awesome.

Next comes Jessica, I don't know why... I just like her.

And Natsuhi. From the beginning, I loved her.

Could this be.... *gasp* A harem?!
Old 2010-06-03, 14:49   Link #48
Pika_power

Obligatory Battler vote, because he's Battler.

George, because he's the voice of reason in the group and the way he breaks down when Shannon dies is always fun, and almost always leads to Worldend.

Kinzo, because he's the most active dead guy I know, and his rants are great.

Eva, because she's so easy to hate.

Hideyoshi, because something about his personality is likeable.

Kyrie, because her reasoning is an eye-opener.

Rosa, because Worldenddominator.
Old 2010-06-06, 05:17   Link #49
Kit

I voted for Battler. Here's a guy who abandoned his family name in order to honor the life of his dead mother, returns to the family at the pleading of his two-timing father only to see his entire family killed off one by one over and over again. He's a tremendously well established character from the get go, and one who always comes back swinging despite being beaten down again and again.

But the thing I admire most about him as a character is his empathy and vulnerability. Despite Beato's tricks and schemes, and despite her murderous deeds, when he promises to end her life, it feels not like an act of vengeance, but an oath of pity and compassion.
Old 2010-06-07, 06:29   Link #50
Krystalwitch
07th Expansion&Touhou Fan

At first I thought: "Okay, I will only vote some". But after trying to choose, I was more like "Screw it. I will vote my fav even if they are more than the half in there xD"

Ange: She's definetly mi favorite character. I mean, I like a bunch her personality and her willpower to discover the truth and keep the pace. Though she's sad, sorta emo-ish sometimes, I think it's normal. I mean, c'mon, she was 6 years old when she lost all her family =/ Even so, she's still strong and doesn't have selfish or stupid wishes like "I want that dress" or something. And I had bullying like her, so I understand her pretty well xD

Battler: My favorite male xD I mean, he's so awesome :_D I think that at the end of EP1, I would have surrendered (or maybe not), but he's such a character that will give it all to discover the truth and save his family.

George & Jessica:
I'll talk about these two together. They are amazing, but DEEN messed them up (like almost all the characters). They are both sweet and have a strong willpower, even to sacrifice other things they appreciate (as for George, his family, and as for Jessica, her life) just to keep save their love. I personally think George is a way better than a lot of fans think though.

Maria: First, I just hate how DEEN messed up her personality in the anime. She's not an idiot psycho girl I love her innocent point of view and wish of becoming happy with her mother. Though her reasonings aren't good at all (I mean, all the stuff about killing in the epitaph), I think she only wants happiness for everyone, but she's so innocent that she doesn't notice what is really happening. I sorta feel pity for her, but I still love her. She's so charming xD Uuu~~!

Natsuhi & Eva: Catfight! Okay, no xD Like all the characters, they are messed up. I think the mothers need more love.... As for both of them, I like their love for their family, and how they act when they are the only adults alive :_D Geez, I don't know what to say, it's just that is to hard to explain that they are awesome xD

Rudolf & Kyrie:
By now, I love the 2nd son family (Rudolf, Kyrie, Bat and Ange) the most. Like all the characters, they aren't perfect, though this duo may be the parents I like more. Kyrie is amazingly intelligent and Rudolf is simply so awesome xD They are characters that maybe I love more by both their actions and personality~~

Hmm... I think I'm done now...
Old 2010-06-17, 01:09   Link #51
HigurashiRika_04621
The Sock Monster

Already I forgot who I voted for...@.@

Let's see....
Spoiler for <3:

Spoiler for Honourable Mentions? Good old-fashioned C-Bash?:

Spoiler for Generalisations?:

God I can't wait for the Chiru anime. That way I can mention the girl that I really dislike. D:

Last edited by HigurashiRika_04621; 2010-06-22 at 13:06. Reason: more character business?!
Old 2010-06-20, 02:29   Link #52
pampz21
ripApart

Of course Battler...where do you see a detective wannabe who like big breast and often make funny faces...and even laughs with the culprit!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2010-06-21, 11:04   Link #53
Turtleen
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Turtleen Send a message via Yahoo to Turtleen
If I talked about why I like certain characters, I would go on for pages and pages, so let's just leave it at:
I voted Battler, Kyrie and Rudolf...and I just realized that combination works out nicely xD
Battler's just about my favourite thing ever.

I don't think there's a single character on the human side I truly DISlike, I guess runner-ups would be Rosa, Maria, Krauss, Natsuhi and Gohda. I can't seem to get into Ange, I guess most people feel sorry for her and such, but I always thought it was a little disjointed, an orphan is unfortunate, but I didn't actually see this orphan before hand so it's not as sad as it could be. That's not to say I don't like her though, just one of those characters who seems to be quite popular...
Old 2010-06-22, 20:06   Link #54
Maria-Chwan
Kikiki~

Send a message via MSN to Maria-Chwan
Lots of Votes... Uu~ ^A^;;

Uuu~ I voted for so many Humans... @ A @ ;;

Ushiromiya Battler - Obvious reason... -Shot- I like him, so really I have no other reason so... HI SEXY!!

Ushiromiya Ange - Well, Ange is simple, her and I have a lot in common so yea, other than the whole "Older brother and family dying on an isolated island" thing yea. Yes, Older brother is Italizied because - off ropic - I have a younger brother, in real life.

Ushiromiya George - He's hot, not the reasoon though, he's just kind and what-not, yep not much more to say.

Ushiromiya Jessica - Typical teenage girl, yes like me and so yea, no other real reason. I love her hair! Gimme, gimme, gimme!!

Ushiromiya Maria - OMOCHIKAERII~~ Uuuu~~ -Shot-

Ushiromiya Natsuhi - She's an awesome person so yea, I think she deserved a vote.

Ushiromiya Kyrie - Just like her, not really sure why else.

Ushiromiya Rosa - Getting past the bad parenting, think about getting trough your daughter killing you about 100x or more! So yea, not really sure of anything else except for making Sakutaro. Yea, done about talking about Rosa.

Shanon - Pretty, kind, sincere, amd loving. Awesome all around but very shy.

Kanon - Hot, mainly because of his quiet-ness and I just think he's awesome. Also, how can I vote for his lover and not him? -Shot, yet again-

Ronoue Genji - Loyal friend, that's really it... Hehe... ^^;;
Old 2010-09-30, 11:01   Link #55
kamuinoyume
OMAE WO SHINJIRU!

Frankly, there aren't many human characters which I don't like, only Rosa (I don't care what anyone says, but Maria is so screwed up because mama dearest didn't know how to take care of her, that an I just hate abusive parents), Ange (stop messing with Battler and Beato's game!) Gohda (here's one character who the anime didn't do justice, the bastard would infuriate even you if you actually had the patience to read all that text in the game).

Now that that's out of the way, it's time to tell you who I actually voted for:

Battler - it would have all ended at the first game if he hadn't refused to acknowledge Beatrice. Which is what makes him such a great character, it isn't easy to be juggled around in parallel worlds where your families are killed in such outrageous manors and stay sane through it all, so that's why he always got my respect.

George - aside for being a likable character, he can actually kick some ass in episode 4 which earned him extra points from me for not being completely defenseless like some other characters. Too bad Gaap was such an unfair b*h.

Kyrie - She's the one who taught Battler that chessboard thinking, which helped him loads in all games, that and she's such a delightful woman. Smart and ruthless, who wouldn't like her?

And a honorable mention goes to:

Eva - Damn, I loved her character up until episode 3. She was so strong and ruthless, but than she turned out to be weak and fallible, not to mention a bit insane, it really ruined her character for me.

Last edited by kamuinoyume; 2010-09-30 at 11:26.
Old 2010-10-02, 03:24   Link #56
SonozakiUshiromiya
Reading your tale. :)

Battler: Bern, Lambda and myself would have died long ago if another character was Beato's opponent.
Ange: I'm a sucker for most sob stories. Plus she was a badass at Banquet's end. She throws around her money at anyone. And being the Witch of Ressurection is pretty damn impressive in my book.
Maria: The 'uu' is a little annoying, but she does it so she can be happy with her mother. And she created Sakutaro and was Ange's witch teacher. Plus: Kihihihihihihi!
Jessica: She can throw a punch and primpy 'girly' girls can get VERY annoying sometimes. +tsundere
Kyrie: sexy, genius, badass, motherof*shut your mouth!*
Rudolf: He interests me. Maybe because I was raised on the bonafide badass that is JACK BAUER.
Old 2010-10-03, 06:02   Link #57
C-chan
A mere observer

Battler- From the very start, I've liked it. Though most say he's an incompetent character, he actually isn't. If he was indeed incompetent, he wouldn't have reached six games. Yes, he gets troubled and problematic at some times but that's natural because he's human. Plus, I think he's cute.

Ange- Although I only voted for one character, I like Ange. Her investigations gets us near to the mystery and her theories aren't bad, especially at EP6, where she tries to understand the gameboard. She's intelligent, cool, and cute like her o-nii-chan.

The other one would be Rosa and Maria- Although they have some problems, the two are strong both physically and mentally. Rosa is quite cool to be a mom, especially at EP2, where she fires the goats. Maria is tricky and actually a genius. She is able to battle with Battler in intellectual discussions, even talking about the chessboard thinking.
Old 2010-10-14, 22:38   Link #58
beatler556
Lawful Nuetral

Kinzo and Battler were the coolest human characters in all of umineko. I like battlers "useless, its all useless!" catchphrase and kinzo is cool because HE CAN DO ANYTHING!!!
Closed Thread