AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Maria-sama

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-10-05, 03:44   Link #1
GundamZZ
残念美人

Marimite Rumor Control

I heard several rumors. I like to know which is true and which is not. Thanks.

Quote:
"1. Yumi chooses Kanako
2. Yumi chooses Touko
3. Yoshino chooses whoever is Yumi's leftover
4. The tradion of Yellow Rose family is to pass the title to relatives. Yoshino runs out of younger relatives, so she's indiffernet.
5. Touko tries to grab Yumi's pendant but ignores Yonshino's.
6. Kanako is the adultery child of Sachiko's father. So, Kanako and Sachiko both hate men. Sachiko has one more reason. Because they are half sisters, Kanako and Sachiko hate each other."
I give up. There's no way to hide texts.
Old 2004-10-05, 03:56   Link #2
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Er. The tag for hiding tags is '[ spoiler ] spoilers text [ / spoiler ]' without the spaces.

It would look like this
Spoiler:

Quote:
1. Yumi chooses Kanako
2. Yumi chooses Touko
4. The tradion of Yellow Rose family is to pass the title to relatives. Yoshino runs out of younger relatives, so she's indiffernet.
5. Touko tries to grab Yumi's pendant but ignores Yonshino's.
6. Kanako is the adultery child of Sachiko's father. So, Kanako and Sachiko both hate men. Sachiko has one more reason. Because they are half sisters, Kanako and Sachiko hate each other."
1 and 2 -> According to novel readers, the two are leading candidates to be Yumi's petite soeur. But there is no indication to who Yumi is going to choose.

3. -> A theory, i.e. mere speculation. Yoshino is indeed looking for a petite soeur as she made a promise to Eriko, but there is nothing to indicate she will pick up the loser. It is just a theory.

4. Er. No. Eriko (The previous Rosa Foetida) is not related to Rei nor Yoshino.

5. Er. Did this happen? Eh?!?

6. Wow, fantastic. It would certainly add more spice to the story if it was true. According to the novel readers, Sachiko has a low opinion of Kanako and said some very, very stinging words because she overheard Kanako's conversation with Yumi.
Old 2004-10-05, 04:43   Link #3
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

before any more speculations, Can you imagine Touko as Rosa Chinesis?
Old 2004-10-05, 05:52   Link #4
Shigan
Forever a Journey

I'm not imaginig, I'm having nightmares...

On the other hand, none of Yumi's candidates are really preferable. Honestly, a Rosa Chinesis whose nickname is derivated from radiowaves??? XD

Eh? Kanako and Sachiko are half-sisters? where did that come from?
Never stop being a kid. Never stop feeling and seeing and being excited with great things like air and engines and sounds of sunlight within you. Wear your little mask if you must to protect you from the world but if you let that kid disappear you are grown up and you are dead.
— Richard Bach

Shigan's Fanfiction Masterlist -- The Hayate x Vivio Files
Old 2004-10-05, 09:13   Link #5
Crimsonangel

I was just curious, and forgive me for being totally off topic to the intiial reply, but has there been any rumors or news about the marimite manga being licensed and translated into the states (I highly doubt the novels ever well, but the manga is somewhat likely). Since my knowledge of Japanese is somewhat limited, I was just wondering if it would be a possibility. Thanks
Old 2004-10-05, 12:31   Link #6
hooliganj
Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ
I'm one of several people who has made this statement, but it's more for narrative reasons than anything within the story. There are, at the moment, no other candidates, and it would disrupt the story if a new first-year character were suddenly introduced just to be Yoshino's choice. On the other hand, if the books had picked up the story earlier, then it might seem that the way Yumi was introduced was pretty blatant, so I suppose it wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility. If there is a new character, I hope we get a bit of back story for her before she's thrust into the world of the Yamayurikai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonangel
I was just curious, and forgive me for being totally off topic to the intiial reply, but has there been any rumors or news about the marimite manga being licensed and translated into the states (I highly doubt the novels ever well, but the manga is somewhat likely). Since my knowledge of Japanese is somewhat limited, I was just wondering if it would be a possibility. Thanks
If you list your source, others can try to verify it, otherwise all I can say is that I haven't heard anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessHeart
Totally! Nobody would know what's up in that crazy school.
Old 2004-10-05, 17:02   Link #7
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyu
Er. The tag for hiding tags is '[ spoiler ] spoilers text [ / spoiler ]' without the spaces.

It would look like this
Spoiler:

4. Er. No. Eriko (The previous Rosa Foetida) is not related to Rei nor Yoshino.

5. Er. Did this happen? Eh?!?
Thanks. Now, I know how to make use spoiler tag. I guess rumor is just rumor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessHeart
I can't imagine it now., I can't imagine Yumi as Rosa Chinesis either. When we talk about Rosa Chinesis, we immediately think, "ah! she's someone like Yuko." The problem is, no one can replace Yuko. No one can be like her. Sachiko is close, but her volcanic behavior proves she's less mature. Yumi is not even close. Maybe Yumi will be "qualify" as Rosa Chinesis overtime. After her stormy affair with Sachiko, Yumi surely go through heaven and hell a lot of time. She will be different when she reaches her Senior year. I think Yumi will become a great Onesama, with or without Sachiko.

I can somehow imagine Touko as Rosa Chinesis. In the classica shoujo manga, oujousama always has Touko's drill hair. In fact, many Japanese girls attending prestigious school make their hair look that way. The stereotypical ojousama are wealthy and pretty. Their attitude is also high up there, too. If Touko becomes Rosa Chinesis, she is most likely to cause Red Rose Revolution. It will be hostile take over. Lillian will become like the school in Hana Yuri Dango. F3 will be snobs. They lead the school fashion and bully girls from not so well background. It's gotta be worse than nightmares.

Quote:
Shigan I'm not imaginig, I'm having nightmares...

On the other hand, none of Yumi's candidates are really preferable. Honestly, a Rosa Chinesis whose nickname is derivated from radiowaves??? XD

Eh? Kanako and Sachiko are half-sisters? where did that come from?
You mean depa(electric wave)? It's the wave used to braodcast television signal and AM/FM signal. The first time I learned about denpa is from a Japanese show. It's called Denpa Shounen(TV Boy?). It's an immensely popular reality show running during early 90s. It's before Survivor, so they didn't have a million dollars to win. Basically, the show put some guy in some circumstance. The guy will try to survive while performing Jim Carey style stunt. Without some comedic releif, the show is rather boring. For one guy, he has to take European travel with no money in his pocket. For another guy, he is confined in a kitchen size room for a year. Yes, he also has to stay naked for a year. He grows a huge beard. Still, this show had a lot of female audience for unknow reason. Maybe they are just like Eriko. Anyway, the defrinition of denpa was like "only caring about today, not tomorrow".

I also learned doku-denpa(posionous electric wave). It came from BBS about adult game Kizuato. It is like causing someone to have disruptive behavior. I don't know the reason. I guess it was joke about alien mind control. You know, those American sci-fi conspiracy theory. The conspiracy says ET is experimenting on humans. They put device in humans' brains. So, they can remote control those people. In manga Excel Saga, Excel wraps aluminum foil around Hyatt's head for that outrageous reason. Excel thought it can block the signal.

Anyhow, the definition of denpa may consist books filled entire library. Or, it's just some non-sense word.

About the half sister rumor. Check here.
http://freebbs.around.ne.jp/article/...rr/jwyphu.html

I read about more rumors!
Spoiler:
Old 2004-10-05, 18:50   Link #8
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?

Rumor #1 Yumi chooses Kanako
Rumor #2 Yumi chooses Touko

As of the latest novel "Maria-sama ga Miteru Vol. 18 - Tokubetsu dewa nai Tada no Ichinichi," neither Touko-chan nor Kanako-chan has been chosen as Yumi’s petit soeur. They are the top two candidates for Yumi’s petit soeur from what has happened so far:

Spoiler:

Rumor #3 Yoshino chooses whoever is Yumi's leftover

Many have said that, but we are still uncertain on what Ms. Konno Oyuki has in store…

Spoiler:

Rumor #4: The tradition of Yellow Rose family is to pass the title to relatives. Yoshino runs out of younger relatives, so she's indifferent

What kind of psychedelic mycelium were you masticating on when you heard this rumor?
Super Rosa Foetida and Eriko-sama weren’t relatives
Eriko-sama and Rei-sama weren’t relatives
Only Rei-sama and Yoshino are relatives

Rumor #5: Touko tries to grab Yumi's pendant but ignores Yoshino's.

Perhaps this is a variant of “Yoshino tries to strangle Touko-chan with her rosario, but the others take it that she placed it over Touko-chan’s neck and they became soeurs.”

Either way, no such incident ever occurred in the novels that are out right now.

Rumor #6: Kanako is the adultery child of Sachiko's father. So, Kanako and Sachiko both hate men. Sachiko has one more reason. Because they are half sisters, Kanako and Sachiko hate each other.

The latest volume answered why Kanako despises her father:

Spoiler:
Closed Thread