AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-13, 04:17   Link #1181
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyuuA4 View Post
Mio isn't as special as Taiga.
Agree to this 100x times xD
I should have voted for Hitagi too.............
Old 2010-10-13, 06:47   Link #1182
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Taiga was special, she rode the shortbus and everything
Old 2010-10-13, 08:26   Link #1183
gaguri

2008-Horo was great, 2009-Taiga was awesome, 2010-(-.-)

Korea had the chance to produce the greatest winner of all moe tournament with Hitagi and they failed
Old 2010-10-13, 09:54   Link #1184
hinakatbklyn

I already knew that Mio had won ISML and I was tempted to vote for someone else. Leaving out Hitagi's victory over Mikoto the previous round, Bakemonogatari's first episode was the sole reason for me deciding not to be a swing vote.
Old 2010-10-13, 14:40   Link #1185
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaguri View Post
Korea had the chance to produce the greatest winner of all moe tournament with Hitagi and they failed
If Hitagi is the greatest winner of moe, then I just don't understand this whole moe concept anymore.
Old 2010-10-13, 14:42   Link #1186
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Senjogahara was ok, I personally preferred snail loli. Show suffered from being produced by SHAFT
Old 2010-10-13, 15:53   Link #1187
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi Send a message via Skype™ to Seishi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
Senjogahara was ok, I personally preferred snail loli. Show suffered from being produced by SHAFT
Agreed on the former, but what the heck on the latter. Of course, SHAFT being SHAFT is always a Your Mileage May Vary situation.
Old 2010-10-14, 02:19   Link #1188
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
So far, ISML and KBM took a break in 2010 like Saimoe did in 2008.
Old 2010-10-14, 09:30   Link #1189
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
So far, ISML and KBM took a break in 2010 like Saimoe did in 2008.
and japan is taking a break this year too right?
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2010-10-14, 12:20   Link #1190
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi Send a message via Skype™ to Seishi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
and japan is taking a break this year too right?
Traitor! At least wait until after the final...
Old 2010-10-14, 12:22   Link #1191
Kyuu
=^^=

In any case... a K-ON sweep of the tournaments looks... creepy. XD
Old 2010-10-14, 12:24   Link #1192
Zeroryoko1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyuuA4 View Post
In any case... a K-ON sweep of the tournaments looks... AWESOME. XD
Fixed that for you
Old 2010-10-14, 12:27   Link #1193
hinakatbklyn

If only I had more faith that Tenshi could beat Hitagi, I would of switched my vote. I didn't want to take that chance.

In anycase, with Mio winning, the chances of K-ON having at least one representative win each tournament are looking good, Azusa (possibly) for J-Saimoe and Mio for K-moe and the rest of the world.

Last edited by hinakatbklyn; 2010-10-14 at 12:38.
Old 2010-10-17, 01:11   Link #1194
wontaek

2010 Super Moe Tournament

Nomination stage rules

Nomination start: 2010 October 19th 15:00 ( GMT )

Nomination process: There will be a separate page designated for nomination in http://moet.anizone.net . Nominations will be accepted from that page.

Requirement : Registered Anizone member
* You must be logged into Anizone before entering the nomination page.
Registration help will be offered in this thread.

Nomination Limit : All registered Anizone members may nominate up to 5 characters per day. The nomination will last minimum of 5 days up to 10 days, depending on number of nominations received.

Information required to be submitted along with the nomination
: Character Name and Series Title in Korean and English. Help for Korean names can be obtained from following threads/board: http://anizone.net/?mid=Moet_Inter_Forum , http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...=95394&page=60 ,http://www.internationalsaimoe.com/f...t=1334&start=0

Nomination verification : The name of the characters must be found either through Wikipedia, or be proven to exist in some other way. One way to be recognized is to be acknowledged by multiple individuals in http://anizone.net/?mid=Moet_Inter_Forum .

Automatic Qualifying characters : Any characters that finished in top 32 in any of previous Best Moe Tournaments Male or Female division.

Character number limit per series : Maximum of 8 characters can participate in Super Best Moe from each series
* The maximum of 8 includes both Auto-Qualifying characters and nominated characters. If the number of auto qualifying characters and nominated characters exceed 8, then, auto-qualifying characters will be accepted first, and the rest will be filled by characters with highest number of nominations.
*Only up to 6 characters can be autoqualified from a series. At least 2 characters from each series may enter via nomination.
* If there are more than 6 characters who will auto-qualify, then following criterion will be used in order.

1) The number of male and female qualifying characters will kept as close to each other as possible. That is, if there are much more male characters who would auto-qualify, up to 3 auto-qualifying females will be given prior consideration. If more than 3 male and female characters qualified, then 3 male and 3 females will be accepted. If there is more than 4 males that qualified, but only 2 females, then both females will qualify, while only the top 4 males will qualify.

2) Characters who finished higher will be given priority. ex: Quarterfinal participant > Top 32 round participant

3) The characters whose qualifying performance came more recently will be given priority. ex: top 32 in 2010 > top 32 in 2008

4) If the tie still cannot be resolved, then the characters will be selected in Korean alphabetical order.

Series from which Nominations can be made.

1) Any work that has been made into animation by commercial entity. EX: Movies, OVA, TVA

2) Any work that has been published in manga/comic/manhwa form by Korean or Japanese authors

3) Fantasy novels or light novels made by Korean or Japanese authors

4) Console games, PC games, or special softwares that has large following among anime fans.

5) Original Doujin Works
* Touhou project = Original Doujin work thus eligible. Kyonko = Secondary Doujin creation thus not eligible

Character Eligibility : Must be of definite Sex - Character whose official sex cannot be established is ineligible : Kinoshita Hideyoshi from BakaTest, Dori and Gura from Utawarerumono will be ruled as males as it is not possible for them to be neither female nor male.

* Characters who possess both sexuality will go by their initial sex : ex: Kampfer - Seno Natsuru will be male

Tournament format

Preliminary

Females and Males will be in separate division until 128 of each is left. The 256 males and females will head to the main rounds.

Main rounds
2 Males and 2 females will be combined into single teams for Round of 256. Total of 64 teams will be formed and be assigned into 16 groups of 4 teams. The members of the top vote receiving team in each group will be allowed to proceed to the next round.

From Round of 64, team of 1 male and 1 female will be formed and be pitted against another team. The members of winning team in this 1 team vs 1 team match will advance to the next round.

** Teams will be formed at random in each round, thus it is unlikely that a character can keep his/her teammate for the latter rounds.

Last edited by wontaek; 2010-10-17 at 01:22.
Old 2010-10-17, 04:16   Link #1195
chaosprophet

Unofficial list of the female characters that may become auto qualifiers (in case their number plus the number of male auto qualifiers is over 6, not all will be qualified):

Spoiler for 119 charas:

Last edited by chaosprophet; 2010-10-17 at 05:59.
Old 2010-10-17, 04:59   Link #1196
imbehindyou
turn around...

All are fine and will be auto-qualified to preliminaries except:

* K-ON! - nothing wrong except that you put two Tainaka Ritsu's. All 6 characters will auto-qualify.
* Hatsune Miku will participate from Vocaloid, thus Zetsubou-sensei will have 8 slots for nomination.
* Asahina Mikuru will not be auto-qualified because of Koizumi Itsuki's 2007 Male Division Round of 32 performance. Although both finished highest at round of 32, Mikuru's performance was in 2006; even if 2006 and 2007 were counted as same year, Itsuki will be auto-qualified due to there being less # of male characters that will gain auto-entry in Haruhi series.

----------
edit:

more male characters will qualify but first, male characters from series that also have female auto-qualifiers:
Spoiler for long:

yuuki kanade @ fortune arterial

Last edited by imbehindyou; 2010-10-17 at 05:52.
Old 2010-10-17, 05:23   Link #1197
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbehindyou View Post
All are fine and will be auto-qualified to preliminaries except:

* K-ON! - nothing wrong except that you put two Tainaka Ritsu's. All 6 characters will auto-qualify.
* Hatsune Miku will participate from Vocaloid, thus Zetsubou-sensei will have 8 slots for nomination.
* Asahina Mikuru will not be auto-qualified because of Koizumi Itsuki's 2007 Male Division Round of 32 performance. Although both finished highest at round of 32, Mikuru's performance was in 2006; even if 2006 and 2007 were counted as same year, Itsuki will be auto-qualified due to there being less # of male characters that will gain auto-entry in Haruhi series.
Thanks for the correction. Btw didn't any Clannad male chara got to at least top 32 in one of the contests? There is 6 females so if there is 1-3 males they would take priority.
Old 2010-10-17, 07:58   Link #1198
Zeroryoko1974

So Hideyoshi and Mako-chan aren't automatic qualifiers lol.
Old 2010-10-17, 10:24   Link #1199
MatsuriSola

Hey, anyone could tell me what's this Super Best Moe tournament about? I can't get why anizone would make another best moe tournament in the same year...
And I've never heard of this tournament before...
Old 2010-10-17, 10:42   Link #1200
Ithekro
Space Battleship

I'm surprised Hosaka isn't auto-qualified from Minami-ke.

The tournament I suppose could be considered a Championship contest. They take the best from all years of Best Moe (Male and Female Divisions, just to ISML's fear) and see who does better over time. Since Best Moe and Saimoe are contests for characters from that year only, Super Best Moe is a way to see what older characters could do in a large format. ISML takes the best of the best and round robins them all against each other to see just who is the best (internationally, though without Japan doing all that much in said contest)

Tags
saimoe