AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations > Custom Requests

Closed Thread
Old 2010-09-25, 23:01   Link #1
Newer anime suggestions.

I've been really behind on anime for the past year. I'm looking for some suggestions for newer animes that have been released in the 2008-2010 range. I'm mostly interested in romance, but comedy/romance or action/romance, etc suggestions are welcomed. I've only watched 'Kaichou wa Maid-sama' recently and am loving it so far! Thank you.
Old 2010-09-26, 00:25   Link #2
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
Cross Game, stat. Easily the best series of the last 18 months. It's not a classic romance, but transcends the genre.
Old 2010-09-26, 00:38   Link #3
Adventure ∀logger
Send a message via AIM to thevil1
Welcome to AS...
I suggest you look here, and here since there are already places on the forum for this.
Are you looking for a specific kind of storyline, plot, animation style etc...?
A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles - Christopher Reeve

Last edited by thevil1; 2010-09-26 at 12:20.
Old 2010-09-26, 10:58   Link #4
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
Yes indeed. One needs more Cross Game in one's life.
Old 2010-09-26, 11:49   Link #5
Elegiac Servant
Send a message via Yahoo to Mithfalath
Kimi ni Todoke is cute. You will enjoy watching it, but not as much Angel Beats, IMO. You have to watch them really.
Old 2010-10-16, 20:16   Link #6
Originally Posted by thevil1 View Post
Welcome to AS...
I suggest you look here, and here since there are already places on the forum for this.
Are you looking for a specific kind of storyline, plot, animation style etc...?
I'm really open to any kind of plot. Thank you for the links!

Also thank you for the suggestions everyone. I will check some of these out.
Old 2010-10-16, 21:20   Link #7
Cross Game - I need more
Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
CrossGame definitely

KimiNiTodoke, if shoujo is okay. Pure and innocent as fresh spring water.

B Gata H Kei for a slightly naughty romantic comedy (better than the premise makes you think it will be).

Sora no Manimani is the only other romance I can really think of that I saw and thought was half way decent.

However, out of the new anime that just started this season you should check out:

The World God Only Knows (great source material).

and maybe Otome Youkai Zakuro (no idea about this one but the first two episode were okay).

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2010-10-17, 16:36   Link #8
I second Angel Beats! which is funny and beautifully made.

Also, Shiki, the new zombie anime is worth checking out. Unfortunately, it's on break until November, though.

Rainbow: Nisha Rokubō no Shichinin (An older manga, but new anime) and Highschool of the Dead (About zombies, too) are just as amazing as well.
Old 2010-10-18, 14:22   Link #9
Here are a few...
  • Arakawa Under the Bridge - Romance comedy, more comedy (really funny). Second season airing now.
  • Bakemonogatari - just plain awesome on all fronts.
  • Cross Game - as mentioned, great series. I thought it focused too much on the sports, but I'm not a big sports fan.
  • Durarara!! - great mystery and drama. You'll love the characters too.
  • Eden of the East - one of the best of recent years. Great premise and the production is excellent.
  • White Album - romance drama that I loved. It's a love or hate series but worth a look at by every romance fan.
Old 2010-10-18, 17:09   Link #10
SHSL Lurker
Seconding Angel Beats!, Arakawa Under the Bridge, Durarara!!, Higashi no Eden, and Bakemonogatari. Would also like to add CLANNAD and its second season, WORKING!!, Toradora!, ef - a tale of memories and its second season (although the first season aired in 2007), Macross Frontier, Nodame Cantabile (first season aired in 2007), Spice and Wolf, Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi, Katanagatari, and true tears.
Closed Thread