AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-15, 05:14   Link #1
Kloanoa
El Psy Congroo

Send a message via MSN to Kloanoa
Searching for mystery.

Because that's what I live for, something dark and mysterious like Darker than Black, or an anime sort of mysterious like Wolf's Rain.

Can anyone recommend me something?
Old 2010-10-15, 05:43   Link #2
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'd have to recommend you Shiki, which is airing at the moment. It's starts off as a mystery show, though becomes much more after the basis of the story is established.
Old 2010-10-15, 05:49   Link #3
jedinat
フリーター

Mushishi is a great anime made up of mysterious melancholy stories..

Haibane Renmei is an excellent fantasy anime with a mysterious setting.

Red Garden was okay, quite unique at least. And you can see the mystery in the description.

Noir is a nice girls with guns anime featuring protagonists with mysterious pasts.

Witch Hunter Robin has a nice dark/mysterious atmosphere.
Old 2010-10-15, 06:12   Link #4
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Mononoke is a 12 episode series, based around a Medicine Seller who deals with various spirits (Mononoke). The series is set into arcs, which each story featuring some of the best mystery i've ever come across.

Bakemonogatari is another series you could watch, and i'd also highly recommend xxxHolic.

& i'll second Mushishi.
Old 2010-10-15, 06:28   Link #5
Quancio

Monster maybe?
Old 2010-10-15, 14:24   Link #6
signorRossi

Second 'Mononoke', and just want to add that it somewhat starts (best introduction of the medicine seller) with the last arc of 'Ayakashi - Japanese Classic Horror Stories'.
Old 2010-10-15, 14:40   Link #7
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Dennou Coil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quancio View Post
Monster maybe?
That is an amazing series. I read the manga, so I don't know about the anime but I can't see them changing the mystery part of it.

And I love the avatar, Kloanoa.
Old 2010-10-15, 16:13   Link #8
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger

Send a message via AIM to thevil1
Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni - 26 Episodes/3 Seasons (5 episodes in last season) - Plot Summary: On one hot summer day in 1983, a transfer student named Maebara Keiichi comes to a peaceful rural village in Hinamizawa. There, he befriends his classmates Rena, Mion, Rika, and Satoko. Accepted as a full-fledged member of the "club," Keiichi and the gang plays all sorts of activities ranging from card and board games to hide-and-seek. But just as Keiichi was beginning to be assimilated in simple rural life, he stumbles upon the dark history of Hinamizawa. As Keiichi dives deeper into the mystery, he finds that his new found friends may not be all what they claim to be.

Ghost Hunt - 25 Episodes - Plot Summary: Telling ghost stories is a favorite past time of Mai Taniyama and her friends--that is, until she meets 17 year-old Kazuya Shibuya, the man sent by Shibuya Psychic Research Center to investigate paranormal activity at a supposedly haunted school. When Mai gets caught in a dangerous situation, she is rescued by Kazuya's assistant. Saving her lands the assistant incapacitated, and Kazuya demands that Mai become his assistant, instead...
Old 2010-10-16, 04:09   Link #9
Haak
Forever Alone...

I recommend Kara no Kyoukai. It's a series of seven films, each about a series of murders that are taking place by a murderer with supernatural powers or for supernatural reasons (except for the 4th one).
Old 2010-10-16, 04:42   Link #10
Sifr

Try Requiem from the Darkness. It's a good psychological/mystery/horror anime.
Old 2010-10-16, 04:55   Link #11
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Mirai Nikki: Full of mystery, highly intriguing. It's about people who possess supernatural cellphones, handed to them by god in a deathmatch to deem his successor. Ongoing, 5X chapters.
Lost+Brain: A genius student sees a demonstration of hypnotism and decides to use its power to change the world. A very Death note-like feel to it, a fairly short manga of some 26 chapters.
Maaaaybe you'd like D.Gray-man, there's a lot of mystery surrounding the main character and adversary but it's action-focused with a humorous touch, despite being pretty dark as well. Ongoing, 199 chapters.
Note that my suggestions are monthly.
Pretty much seconding all of the above xD
Old 2010-10-18, 17:19   Link #12
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Seconding Shiki, Haibane Renmei, Bakemonogatari, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, and Kara no Kyoukai. Would also like to add Jigoku Shoujo, Pandora Hearts, Shigofumi, Umineko no Naku Koro ni (although the anime really pales in comparison to the EXCELLENT sound novels) and xxxHOLiC.