AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-10-18, 04:00   Link #121
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanz1170 View Post
Wait if Alto is sparkling.. than he must be....
In a shoujo manga?
__________________
Shiroth is offline  
Old 2010-10-18, 05:15   Link #122
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
In a shoujo manga?
Only for Ranka.
__________________
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2010-10-18, 09:36   Link #123
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tokyo
1000% FACTUAL LINER NOTES (Episode 1)

I figured this would be a good place to repost (and then finally complete) Kawamori's episode commentary from Frontier. I also decided to include the scenes listd in the DVD booklets' "Macross Check" section, although I'm not translating the blurbs that they put, just listing the sequences. There are few surprises there...most of the references have already been discovered by the fans.

Kawamori's Commentary
#01 - Close Encounter
Script: Hiroyuki Yoshino / Storyboard: Yasuhito Kikuchi, Shoji Kawamori / Production: Takayuki Tanaka / Art Direction: Yuichi Takahashi, Risa Ebata
In regards to the TV series, we're aiming for it to be the culmination of everything from the Macross series up to this point. The director (Yasuhito) Kikuchi and I did the storyboards ourselves, and we were able to put in all the little items we wanted to see. With the two of us doing it, 20 minutes just wasn't long enough! (laughs) We tried many experiments in the first episode. The parts that worked out well we brushed up and developed further in the following story.


Macross Check!
1. The scene with the guys in the Ex-Gears doing the "plane hand" while stretching their arms out to the sun is a reference to a key moment in Macross Plus.

2. Sheryl shouting "Listen to my song!" is an homage to Basara's signature line.

3. The VF-25 shooting its gunpod at the end of the episode is an homage to the end of episode 2 of SDFM TV, where the VF-1D is in the same pose.
Yot-chan is offline  
Old 2010-10-18, 11:27   Link #124
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
What about the little cleaning robot that collected the cans? That's from DYRL.
__________________
Shiroth is offline  
Old 2010-10-18, 12:31   Link #125
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
What about the little cleaning robot that collected the cans? That's from DYRL.
I noticed that one!! I'm gonna have to keep note and mention the references starting next episode.

And we need more participants here.
__________________
DragoZERO is offline  
Old 2010-10-18, 14:16   Link #126
moncikoma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
1000% FACTUAL LINER NOTES (Episode 1)

I figured this would be a good place to repost (and then finally complete) Kawamori's episode commentary from Frontier. I also decided to include the scenes listd in the DVD booklets' "Macross Check" section, although I'm not translating the blurbs that they put, just listing the sequences. There are few surprises there...most of the references have already been discovered by the fans.

Kawamori's Commentary
#01 - Close Encounter
Script: Hiroyuki Yoshino / Storyboard: Yasuhito Kikuchi, Shoji Kawamori / Production: Takayuki Tanaka / Art Direction: Yuichi Takahashi, Risa Ebata
In regards to the TV series, we're aiming for it to be the culmination of everything from the Macross series up to this point. The director (Yasuhito) Kikuchi and I did the storyboards ourselves, and we were able to put in all the little items we wanted to see. With the two of us doing it, 20 minutes just wasn't long enough! (laughs) We tried many experiments in the first episode. The parts that worked out well we brushed up and developed further in the following story.


Macross Check!
1. The scene with the guys in the Ex-Gears doing the "plane hand" while stretching their arms out to the sun is a reference to a key moment in Macross Plus.

2. Sheryl shouting "Listen to my song!" is an homage to Basara's signature line.

3. The VF-25 shooting its gunpod at the end of the episode is an homage to the end of episode 2 of SDFM TV, where the VF-1D is in the same pose.

very interesting... and not just that...

i am sure all the EX-Gears can be used to controlled a VF, Just like ep 25..

maybe 2 VF at most..using 2 hand
moncikoma is offline  
Old 2010-10-18, 16:46   Link #127
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
What about the little cleaning robot that collected the cans? That's from DYRL.
Yeah, the DVD booklets only mention two or three things per episode. Some of the references get left out.

But I'm not sure the cleaning robots fit the bill, considering they're essentially just technology of the world of Macross. Frontier has variable fighters as well...is that an homage to another Macross series?
Yot-chan is offline  
Old 2010-10-18, 17:11   Link #128
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
But I'm not sure the cleaning robots fit the bill, considering they're essentially just technology of the world of Macross.
The scenes are pretty much identical, hence why i pointed it out. :3
__________________
Shiroth is offline  
Old 2010-10-18, 17:18   Link #129
wisteria233
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Yeah, the DVD booklets only mention two or three things per episode. Some of the references get left out.

But I'm not sure the cleaning robots fit the bill, considering they're essentially just technology of the world of Macross. Frontier has variable fighters as well...is that an homage to another Macross series?
Hey Gubaba I have a question. I heard that it was stated in one pf the dvd notes that after Sheryl gained popularity from her single "iteza gogo kuji don't be late" some of her older fans (in series) started to become of the opinion that its popular now it sucks. Is that true?
wisteria233 is offline  
Old 2010-10-18, 17:53   Link #130
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
Hey Gubaba I have a question. I heard that it was stated in one pf the dvd notes that after Sheryl gained popularity from her single "iteza gogo kuji don't be late" some of her older fans (in series) started to become of the opinion that its popular now it sucks. Is that true?
I *think* you may be misremembering... From the liner notes for "Nyan Fro" (full translation here):

04. Sagittarius 9:00 PM Don’t Be Late
Elmo: From the 2059 Frontier concert at Tenkumon Hall. When this, Sheryl’s fifth single, was released in November of 2058, it stayed at the top of the Universal Board for 17 straight weeks, shattering the records for the biggest of big hit songs. At the time of its release, a rift was created inside the fan club out of jealousy between the fans born in Sagittarius and those born elsewhere. The split got more and more intense until finally the fan club divided into two factions. By the way, the Tenkumon Hall concert was originally scheduled for March First, but because of the effects of fold dislocation, the communication between Sheryl’s side and the promotion side wasn’t good, so the result was that the preparations for the concert were done at the last minute, and it was postponed until March Second. So the concert poster’s date was incorrect, and the staff had one day to correct all of the posters by hand.
Yot-chan is offline  
Old 2010-10-18, 18:03   Link #131
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The scenes are pretty much identical, hence why i pointed it out. :3
Yeah. Everything is the same except for Ranka. The thing came from the same side and moved the can into the same place as in DYRL.
__________________
DragoZERO is offline  
Old 2010-10-18, 18:14   Link #132
wisteria233
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
I *think* you may be misremembering... From the liner notes for "Nyan Fro" (full translation here):

04. Sagittarius 9:00 PM Don’t Be Late
Elmo: From the 2059 Frontier concert at Tenkumon Hall. When this, Sheryl’s fifth single, was released in November of 2058, it stayed at the top of the Universal Board for 17 straight weeks, shattering the records for the biggest of big hit songs. At the time of its release, a rift was created inside the fan club out of jealousy between the fans born in Sagittarius and those born elsewhere. The split got more and more intense until finally the fan club divided into two factions. By the way, the Tenkumon Hall concert was originally scheduled for March First, but because of the effects of fold dislocation, the communication between Sheryl’s side and the promotion side wasn’t good, so the result was that the preparations for the concert were done at the last minute, and it was postponed until March Second. So the concert poster’s date was incorrect, and the staff had one day to correct all of the posters by hand.
Oh I see thank you, I merely heard about it from another source so I just wanted see if it was true.
wisteria233 is offline  
Old 2010-10-19, 03:51   Link #133
Father Hentai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
1000% FACTUAL LINER NOTES (Episode 1)

I figured this would be a good place to repost (and then finally complete) Kawamori's episode commentary from Frontier. I also decided to include the scenes listd in the DVD booklets' "Macross Check" section, although I'm not translating the blurbs that they put, just listing the sequences. There are few surprises there...most of the references have already been discovered by the fans.

Kawamori's Commentary
#01 - Close Encounter
Script: Hiroyuki Yoshino / Storyboard: Yasuhito Kikuchi, Shoji Kawamori / Production: Takayuki Tanaka / Art Direction: Yuichi Takahashi, Risa Ebata
In regards to the TV series, we're aiming for it to be the culmination of everything from the Macross series up to this point. The director (Yasuhito) Kikuchi and I did the storyboards ourselves, and we were able to put in all the little items we wanted to see. With the two of us doing it, 20 minutes just wasn't long enough! (laughs) We tried many experiments in the first episode. The parts that worked out well we brushed up and developed further in the following story.


Macross Check!
1. The scene with the guys in the Ex-Gears doing the "plane hand" while stretching their arms out to the sun is a reference to a key moment in Macross Plus.

2. Sheryl shouting "Listen to my song!" is an homage to Basara's signature line.

3. The VF-25 shooting its gunpod at the end of the episode is an homage to the end of episode 2 of SDFM TV, where the VF-1D is in the same pose.
Isn't the dress Ranka was wearing also a homage (or fixing her role ) to Lynn Minmay?
__________________
Born the same day as Satoshi Urushihara... Ill fated?
Father Hentai is offline  
Old 2010-10-19, 04:51   Link #134
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
Isn't the dress Ranka was wearing also a homage (or fixing her role ) to Lynn Minmay?
Is it? I must've missed that... but again (and, I hope, for the last time), The "Macross Check!!" stuff I'm posting isn't my personal list, it's from the DVD booklets. So if someone wants to complain that they left something out...there ain't nuthin' I can do 'bout that.
Yot-chan is offline  
Old 2010-10-19, 05:40   Link #135
Father Hentai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Is it? I must've missed that... but again (and, I hope, for the last time), The "Macross Check!!" stuff I'm posting isn't my personal list, it's from the DVD booklets. So if someone wants to complain that they left something out...there ain't nuthin' I can do 'bout that.
I'ts not a complaint! It's just that the whole scenery with Ranka in the Kittchen reminds to Lynn Minmays prerole
__________________
Born the same day as Satoshi Urushihara... Ill fated?
Father Hentai is offline  
Old 2010-10-19, 07:06   Link #136
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Heck you could say Ranka working in a Chinese restaurant is a reference to Minmay. Works better then saying just her attire.
__________________
Shiroth is offline  
Old 2010-10-19, 07:13   Link #137
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Heck you could say Ranka working in a Chinese restaurant is a reference to Minmay. Works better then saying just her attire.
That's what I was going to say. It even makes me wonder if the food place Ranka works in is the same one as Minmay's family started.

Ranka has more in common with Minmay in the early episodes too.
__________________
DragoZERO is offline  
Old 2010-10-19, 07:16   Link #138
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
That's what I was going to say. It even makes me wonder if the food place Ranka works in is the same one as Minmay's family started.
It is. Minmay's aunt and uncle ended up selling the restaurant to *ahem* little Yot-chan, who turned it into a galaxy-wide franchise.

I'm not sure if this ever got mentioned in Frontier material, but it was talked about in the booklet for the Macross 7 Docking Festival and again in Macross Chronicle magazine.
Yot-chan is offline  
Old 2010-10-19, 07:18   Link #139
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
I'm not sure if this ever got mentioned in Frontier material
I'm 99% sure it isn't.
__________________
Shiroth is offline  
Old 2010-10-19, 07:21   Link #140
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
It is. Minmay's aunt and uncle ended up selling the restaurant to *ahem* little Yot-chan, who turned it into a galaxy-wide franchise.

I'm not sure if this ever got mentioned in Frontier material, but it was talked about in the booklet for the Macross 7 Docking Festival and again in Macross Chronicle magazine.
Yeah. I had an incline since their little commercial said 50 years and this is 2059 which would place it's start in the beginning of the original Macross and all.

And who is "little Yot-chan" - my memory is too foggy with Macross, unfortunately.
__________________
DragoZERO is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
macross frontier, re-watch

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.