AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2010-10-05, 20:38   Link #21
Zexas

LOL don't you guys reliase that the last scene actually Sora asking Haru to measure her body? It's for the school uniform!

It might sound like a joke but there're high possibility for it to happen
Zexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 21:12   Link #22
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zexas View Post
LOL don't you guys reliase that the last scene actually Sora asking Haru to measure her body? It's for the school uniform!

It might sound like a joke but there're high possibility for it to happen
You know what, you're actually right. That could very well be it! That did actually happen in the game! If that ends up being what happens, I'll definitely have a good laugh. Awesome theory.

"I want to come... ... ...to school with you!"
Old 2010-10-05, 21:13   Link #23
Francismeunier
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
You know what, you're actually right. That could very well be it!
So they miss translate that part?

So when she said I want to come...means coming to school I assume?
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 21:16   Link #24
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
So they miss translate that part?

So when she said I want to come...means coming to school I assume?
It's not a mistranslation, it's just that original sentence is extremely vague and subject to interpretation. Of course after everything they've just shown they're trying to make us think something else, but it could be pure misdirection (like a bunch of the other scenes shown).
Old 2010-10-05, 22:42   Link #25
type-R!

And all those false hints plus the fan service are working. Judging by the comments in the anime thread many newcomers to the series are actually liking it.
Some of that will translate into more people becoming interested in the games.
The general outline of the routes makes me remember Tsukihime
Spoiler:
type-R! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 23:16   Link #26
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by type-R! View Post
And all those false hints plus the fan service are working. Judging by the comments in the anime thread many newcomers to the series are actually liking it.
Some of that will translate into more people becoming interested in the games.
I saw on Twitter today a comment from one of the Japanese retailers who noted a significant spike in online game sales surrounding the airing of the first episode of the anime. So yeah, I definitely think that -- no matter what happens with the anime -- it's clearly getting people interested in the source material... and that's a good thing.
Old 2010-10-06, 00:16   Link #27
ZeKeR
somewhere in the armory

if this focuses on the drama, then i will continue playing it... BUT still i cannot be recovering from the WRONG i just witnessed
Old 2010-10-06, 00:39   Link #28
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
if this focuses on the drama, then i will continue playing it... BUT still i cannot be recovering from the WRONG i just witnessed
Look, you've got to get whatever this "WRONG" is that you witnessed out of your system, so what the heck is it? Please stop making references to this in the anime thread.
Old 2010-10-06, 00:47   Link #29
Francismeunier
Banned

Question

Quote:
I saw on Twitter today a comment from one of the Japanese retailers who noted a significant spike in online game sales surrounding the airing of the first episode of the anime. So yeah, I definitely think that -- no matter what happens with the anime -- it's clearly getting people interested in the source material... and that's a good thing.
I heard there is English patch.....any info on what it translates from the game itself?
Old 2010-10-06, 00:54   Link #30
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
I heard there is English patch.....any info on what it translates from the game itself?
See the recent interview. The game is only about 20% translated at this point, and their primary emphasis is on Sora's path, with Kazuha & Akira being additional staff interests. (On a personal and biased note, I personally totally agree with their preferences in terms of heroines in this game. )
Old 2010-10-06, 00:56   Link #31
ZeKeR
somewhere in the armory

Quote:
Look, you've got to get whatever this "WRONG" is that you witnessed out of your system, so what the heck is it? Please stop making references to this in the anime thread.
ok fine.....

i need to recover from that total shock
Old 2010-10-06, 01:13   Link #32
Slayn

Quote:
There is an English patch that the TL team released some time ago before they went underground for the game that translates the "common route" and "Kazuha's route" but it hasn't been edited so you'll see a couple of typos here and there.

And yeah that scene in the anime with Sora taking her clothes off and all of a sudden wanting to "come" will most likely will have her say "I want to come......to school too" so yeah she did take her clothes off in the game for Haruka to get her measurements.... I just hope they don't all of a sudden in the anime make Haruka all "flustered" at taking her measurements.

Spoiler:
Slayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 22:50   Link #33
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥

Though I'm not a particular fan of blood-related xxxcest games, the Sora route is the best route for this game. All other routes are lame developments (IMHO) and lacking in the story telling and character development department, and the story wasn't particularly interesting overall. Sora route has Sora's inner thoughts and at least made me feel something for her.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 23:33   Link #34
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Though I'm not a particular fan of blood-related xxxcest games, the Sora route is the best route for this game. All other routes are lame developments (IMHO) and lacking in the story telling and character development department, and the story wasn't particularly interesting overall. Sora route has Sora's inner thoughts and at least made me feel something for her.
Yeah that's why they are fleshing out Kazuha's route more in the series if you look at episode 2 that's what it is about!
Old 2010-10-12, 03:15   Link #35
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Suffice to say i would disagree with the above assessment of all the other routes being lame, as personally i was rather fond of the developments in Akira's (And also the initiative Sora took in the end, which is a pretty big thing considering how Sora usually is, showing she really had come to appreciate her friendship with Akira and was quite worried about the whole situation, enough to take matters in her own hands in a way she best saw fit) and Kazuha's wasn't half-bad either, though the later could be described as acting silly i suppose, but that's just how Kazuha is around Akira.

At any rate, what surprised me most about episode 2 was the fact they had Kazuha do the button sewing, instead of Akira. I will need someone to refresh my memory here though, it has been a very long time since i played the game, and it might be these developments (along with the sewing) was Akira's route specific, but in that case i really can't recall who else did it originally. The obvious result of this is - Akira didn't (forcibly ) befriend Sora, and instead added another instance for Sora to nurture her growing jealousy (It seems she didn't even greet Kazuha). While the dynamic with Akira can be started at another time should they choose to, the reason they didn't take the default start point for doing so makes me wonder if they are going to up-play Sora's feelings of isolation and loneliness instead, with Haruka's attention being drawn elsewhere and Akira not really being there to nudge her along.

Well, now that i rack my brain on it, i think the game actually had Sora more or less dropping off the radar most of the time when some romance started (Not that there has in the anime, but they will probably need to play with the implications on such with the added focus on Sora), so the anime will have to improvise a bit here. At any rate, i am expecting them to milk the "Sora is lonely" aspect for all that it's worth.

As for the preview on episode 3, it was obviously meant to be suggestive, but it is easier to call the bluff this time when you know the actual relationship between Kazuha and Akira, and what Kazuha would have actually meant with those words, even though the working is certainly meant to be "confusing". I have a feeling we will be getting Kazuha's "route" (as much as she has one once you take out the romance anyway) first, and taking the revelations of that and transition those in to Akira's route, which is where the real meat of the two sister story lies. After that is resolved, an ever increasing tension including Nao to play up the "triangle" and Sora's growing issues, building up to the likely finale. Probably ...you can never know with this staff
Old 2010-10-12, 03:31   Link #36
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥

Well lame is really the wrong word, sorry for confusion. What I meant was that it looked like the effort was somewhat half-assed to me compared to other eroge. Maybe half-assed is a wrong word as well. The story felt kind of fast and the relationship development between Haruka and some of the heroines seems lacking. The h-scenes for some are well, erm, over-spontaneous? with no good relationship foundation... especially Motoko, I personally felt. Just my opinion though. But still, the twincest route was not too shabby story-wise.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 03:36   Link #37
Slayn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Suffice to say i would disagree with the above assessment of all the other routes being lame, as personally i was rather fond of the developments in Akira's (And also the initiative Sora took in the end, which is a pretty big thing considering how Sora usually is, showing she really had come to appreciate her friendship with Akira and was quite worried about the whole situation, enough to take matters in her own hands in a way she best saw fit) and Kazuha's wasn't half-bad either, though the later could be described as acting silly i suppose, but that's just how Kazuha is around Akira.
Yeah It was surprising when Sora said to Akira that she is welcome to live "together" with her and Haru in their home and causing Akira to fall into tears of happiness.

Sora actually accepted someone else into "their" home so she really trusts Akira.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
At any rate, what surprised me most about episode 2 was the fact they had Kazuha do the button sewing, instead of Akira. I will need someone to refresh my memory here though, it has been a very long time since i played the game, and it might be these developments (along with the sewing) was Akira's route specific, but in that case i really can't recall who else did it originally. The obvious result of this is - Akira didn't (forcibly ) befriend Sora, and instead added another instance for Sora to nurture her growing jealousy (It seems she didn't even greet Kazuha). While the dynamic with Akira can be started at another time should they choose to, the reason they didn't take the default start point for doing so makes me wonder if they are going to up-play Sora's feelings of isolation and loneliness instead, with Haruka's attention being drawn elsewhere and Akira not really being there to nudge her along.
I think it was part of Akira's route but I can't remember if everything started in the shrine.

And too much "Sora is lonely" in the anime will get old.
Slayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 04:12   Link #38
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Well lame is really the wrong word, sorry for confusion. What I meant was that it looked like the effort was somewhat half-assed to me compared to other eroge. Maybe half-assed is a wrong word as well. The story felt kind of fast and the relationship development between Haruka and some of the heroines seems lacking. The h-scenes for some are well, erm, over-spontaneous? with no good relationship foundation... especially Motoko, I personally felt. Just my opinion though. But still, the twincest route was not too shabby story-wise.
Oh, i definitely share the opinion on Motoka's route - to me it felt rather tacked on as a whole, and she herself was more of a secondary main heroine than a main-main heroine She really didn't have much of a story or interaction with the rest of the cast to speak of, hence why we see what has been made of her in the anime - a few minutes of randomness at the end of the episode. Well, can't really be helped i suppose, as she literally has nothing to do with the rest of the cast, trips to the beach aside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayn
Yeah It was surprising when Sora said to Akira that she is welcome to live "together" with her and Haru in their home and causing Akira to fall into tears of happiness.

Sora actually accepted someone else into "their" home so she really trusts Akira.
I loved how her first stated reason for asking that was because Akira is a much better cook than Haruka
(The second being that Haruka would like that as well).

Thing with Akira is, she really did become Sora's friend, and she hardly has many of those. She probably knows she isn't the most sociable of persons, and was pretty much taken off-guard by Akira's bubbling cheerfulness and seemingly not minding at all, waltzing through Sora's negativity and defenses like they weren't there. What makes it easy for Sora to accept Akira's relationship with Haruka is exactly that - she doesn't feel "left out", or that Haru is being "taken away" from her, because Akira nudges her along to be included in their activities, whether Sora wants it or not (she probably does, but would never say it ). For an insecure and lonely person like Sora, that is probably as close to a "big deal" as it can get. Haruka is literally the only thing that Sora has left she feels emotionally attached to, which is why she is so clingy about him. Akira made the effort to become the second one, which is why Sora has no issues with the relationship.
Old 2010-10-12, 09:50   Link #39
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Regarding the button sewing, in the game either Akira does it or Nao does it, depending on which route you're on. If you're on any other route, it isn't shown. (In Sora's route, Nao brings over the uniform, but it doesn't look like she sews the buttons.) So it made a fair bit of sense for me when the anime switched things up to have Kazuha do it instead, since it gives an excuse for the interaction given the way they're sequencing the plot. I'm not sure yet that it necessarily has any long-term consequences on Sora's character development, as there are still ways to integrate some of the interactions with Akira if they choose going forward.
Old 2010-10-18, 23:39   Link #40
Zexas

Guys they actually trigger Kazuha route for ep 3!

I wonder if

Spoiler for Possibility:

Edit:
Anyone find it kind of weird for Haru to become so proactive?

Tags
drama, eroge, romance