AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-19, 01:17   Link #1
ParadoxBox
Oxymoron

Please suggest anything You think I might like

I don't usually watch something all the way to the end unless I like it so I'm just going to list what I have seen and try to make it go from best to worst (In my opinion)

I have seen
Code Geass
Darker Than BLACK
Hellsing
Dance In the Vampire Bund
Death Note
Fooly Cooly
Full Metal Alchemist
Air Gear
Full Metal Panic (Thought about not even putting this one on the list)

I started to watch but lost interest in
Black Blood Brothers
Bleach
Elfen Lied
Eureka 7 (got to about last 10 episodes)
Naruto

There are more on each list I just can't remember them all at this moment.

And I am sorry about not being able to give details about what I like.

Feel free to suggest anything. Even if It doesn't fit with the other things I have seen.
Old 2010-10-19, 01:36   Link #2
Haak
Forever Alone...

It would be more helpful if you give more info on why you didn't like those listed.

I recommend Kara no Kyoukai.
Old 2010-10-19, 08:01   Link #3
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Which Fullmetal Alchemist? If it is the first series then watch the newer one - it's far, far better in my opinion.

You also might like Gundam and Macross.
Old 2010-10-19, 08:43   Link #4
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
The impression I'm getting from your list is that you like action adventure with a bit of darkness or tragedy to it. You prefer a more mature series that deals with mature themes. You don't seem to enjoy comedy too much, but you don't hate it either.

Is that an accurate assessment?

In that case I would recommend:

Neon Genesis Evangelion - the dark anime classic

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - This version follows the manga- which means the first 1/4 of the story is the same as the first anime, but the ending is much much stronger in my opinion than the first anime. (It's also more fun to watch if you've seen End of Evangelion first).

Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid - I don't know if you watched all seasons of the Full Metal Panic series or just the first one. But the The Second Raid season is much darker, more dramatic, and less humorous than the first season. I think you ought to try Second Raid (since you've already watched the first one through all the way).

Chrono Crusade - starts out as light hearted, but rapidly becomes rather dark.

You might try some of the Gundam series. I don't really know that much about them though.

Read Or Die (the OVAs) might be worth checking out. You might like it, you might not. It's rather short though, so not a major time sink.

Katanagatari might appeal to you. It is rather heavy on dialogue. Especially the first 2 episodes, but I think it's still pretty good.

Mirai Nikki comes out in December I believe, and that might be a good one for you to try.

If you want to try something a little bit different from your usual but still with a strong bit of action adventure, you could try The Melancholy of Harui Suzumiya + The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya. It's a genre busting show that has elements from all sorts of different anime.

If you'd like to try something completely outside the genre on your list I'd suggest something like Cross Game (be sure to watch at least 2 episodes but deciding to drop or not) or Maison Ikkoku.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?

Last edited by Sackett; 2010-10-19 at 22:43.
Old 2010-10-19, 10:32   Link #5
JRendell
Manga Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to JRendell
Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~. Judging from what you said you've seen, I guess you'd like this.

It would be helpful to know what your preferences are.

Protip: Manga originals are
always better than Anime
adaptions.

-listening to-
-current desktop-

Old 2010-10-19, 12:57   Link #6
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger

Send a message via AIM to thevil1
Clannad, and Clannad ~After Story~ is a must to watch all the way to the end.
Even if you don't like romance, I promiss you that you will at least cry by the end (if not before). I don't usualy like romance, but that was, and alwasy will be my all time favorite.

If you don't like romance, you might like Blood+, and Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni. I'll try to think of more. I'm curious to know what you think about Clannad.... Let me know if you think you'll watch it.
Old 2010-10-19, 17:48   Link #7
ParadoxBox
Oxymoron

Thanks for all the suggestions

And again I'm sorry but I'm really bad at describing/explaining things.
But I think Sackett's assessment is pretty accurate

I will try everything suggested

And I am still open to more suggestions If anyone thinks of something else.
Old 2010-10-19, 20:48   Link #8
Patchy
練紅玉
*Graphic Designer

Recommending these anime

Claymore - Dark, kinda medieval looking characters with a great story, and action scenes. I think you need to watch this.

Gungrave - if you liked Hellsing, I think you will also like this, interesting story and one of the coolest character in the anime is included in this one. *cough* Brandon *cough*

Black Lagoon - again, one of the best gun-fight anime in the industry. Just like Brandon from Gungrave this is the femme version namely Revy. A must see IMO.
Shiro
-----------------------------
-----------------------------
Currently Doing:
Currently Hidden in depths of Chireiden

Old 2010-10-20, 07:49   Link #9
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈΈ is the Best !!

Send a message via MSN to The Chaos
One Piece see it and you won't lose interest in