AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 60 41.10%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 34 23.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 21.92%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 10.96%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.05%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.68%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-15, 18:36   Link #201
Dark_Force9999
Kampfer Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandlazy View Post
It was already mentioned in an earlier episode that TK can't read english.
It's similar to how I can speak Vietnamese without knowing how to write/spell almost all of the Vietnamese words I use in real life or something....
Old 2010-06-15, 19:54   Link #202
Raiza Sunozaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Force9999 View Post
It's similar to how I can speak Vietnamese without knowing how to write/spell almost all of the Vietnamese words I use in real life or something....
Yeah. In fact, there's a large amount of Japanese people who know a handful of words in English, and what they mean, but if you hand them some English text and tell them to read it, they turn to you and say "wakarimasen."
TK is a prime example.
Old 2010-06-16, 15:31   Link #203
AnnaDavis

I don't want this series to end ;; And there's only two episodes left

Old 2010-06-16, 15:57   Link #204
Floris
Botan!

Good Episode, All I got to say.
Old 2010-06-16, 18:10   Link #205
Circlebutton
Occasional Occasionalist.

Unfortunately I've already given up on AB!, and I have been a Key/Visualarts loyalist since Kanon. The story is so disjointed and it's really difficult to connect with any of the characters. Much of the humor flies off like the Hindenburg...

Still, I do hope Mr. Maeda learns a lot from this production and come up with great anime originals in the future
Old 2010-06-16, 19:52   Link #206
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circlebutton View Post
Unfortunately I've already given up on AB!, and I have been a Key/Visualarts loyalist since Kanon. The story is so disjointed and it's really difficult to connect with any of the characters. Much of the humor flies off like the Hindenburg...

Still, I do hope Mr. Maeda learns a lot from this production and come up with great anime originals in the future
I think my own opinions are bordering dangerously close to this. It's kind of sad that I'd rather rewatch the latest episode of Durarara!! than start episode 11 of Angel Beats!

To its credit, I did laugh a lot during episode 5...then my interest kind of went downhill after 6. 10 was good, but the haphazard direction of the series is really taking its toll. Given Jun Maeda's track record of confusing deus ex machina endings, I won't be holding my breath here.

Kanade's a good character, though. I really like her...and pretty much no one else. OK, so Hinata and Yui had some funny interactions, but that's currently no longer on the table, now is it? (I'm sorry, as funny as the meme was, TK's just kind of lost his spark.)
Old 2010-06-17, 08:30   Link #207
Wrath88
Kissing...

Somehow I suspect Matsushita 5th Dan or that expressionless reporter girl, the former because he lacks an alibi, the latter, I dunno, a hunch.
Old 2010-06-17, 17:34   Link #208
Random32
Also a Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circlebutton View Post

Maeda has probably learned that 13 episodes is far to short for his stories judging from what he said in the interview thing. I personally think if this was 26 or even 52 episodes, it would have turned out much better.
Old 2010-06-17, 23:03   Link #209
chill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
I think my own opinions are bordering dangerously close to this. It's kind of sad that I'd rather rewatch the latest episode of Durarara!! than start episode 11 of Angel Beats!

To its credit, I did laugh a lot during episode 5...then my interest kind of went downhill after 6. 10 was good, but the haphazard direction of the series is really taking its toll. Given Jun Maeda's track record of confusing deus ex machina endings, I won't be holding my breath here.

Kanade's a good character, though. I really like her...and pretty much no one else. OK, so Hinata and Yui had some funny interactions, but that's currently no longer on the table, now is it? (I'm sorry, as funny as the meme was, TK's just kind of lost his spark.)
the haphazard direction of the series is actually what is keeping me interested. in so many animes i can really predict future events or even the ending pretty easily.

angel beats starts with a cold start in medias res. you are put off balance from the very beginning. then, once you gain a somewhat complete understanding of how the world works, they keep knocking you off balance.

after episode 4 i thought that the rest of the series would be about people getting erased one by one, and we'd get to see their backstories. having tachibana get evil clones? adding in shadow monsters? these unexpected antagonists threw me off balance just as i was getting comfortable. i'd argue that keeping the viewer unsteady is the one consistent theme in the series. once you think things will proceed in a linear fashion, they take a turn.

the strange direction of events adds a lot to the drama, and is what keeps me coming back
Old 2010-06-18, 03:41   Link #210
[X].I.E.[N]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random32 View Post
Maeda has probably learned that 13 episodes is far to short for his stories judging from what he said in the interview thing. I personally think if this was 26 or even 52 episodes, it would have turned out much better.
agree, this 13 episode is not enough to tell us, especially about Shiina & TK
i didn't know their past, and how Yuri could die, coz after falling from a ladder she still alive
Old 2010-06-18, 05:47   Link #211
eiyuu99

Guess things have to be left hanging.
Old 2010-06-18, 08:01   Link #212
Haak
God Damn Christmas Songs

Why did Otonashi have to get in the way? I was really hoping to see what Hinata would do if he were convinced he was toilet paper...
Old 2010-06-18, 08:06   Link #213
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

ew dude.

just ew.
Old 2010-06-18, 15:41   Link #214
Archon_Wing
Throw it on the ground
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quick delete the post before someone writes a fanfic about it.
edit: We're too late
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-06-19, 12:38   Link #215
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Why did Otonashi have to get in the way? I was really hoping to see what Hinata would do if he were convinced he was toilet paper...
I thought Hinata was under the impression when he did that 360 descent (much like how paper gets flushed down)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2010-10-21, 12:34   Link #216
Knightrunner

I watched this episode again and it was great seeing them fight the shadow's again
Closed Thread