AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-10-23, 22:14   Link #5641
Flere821
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Hmm, I really can't say how easy/hard translating Chinese version to English compared to Jap->Eng is, as I have nearly no experience in Japanese (most of what I learned back in high school is now forgotten, and I probably remember more Japanese from the anime I watch than from my school notes ^^; )

And out of curiosity, why do you people say 'moon runes' when talking about Kanji?
Flere821 is offline  
Old 2010-10-23, 22:37   Link #5642
cubicjack
Kino fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Wow. I didn't think translation was hard either. I thought it was like translating Spanish to english. THANKS U TRANSLATORS.

Also, Baka-tsuki.
Can u guys , if u can, put up the short stories like kanzaki ss and railgun shorts. Dont translate them just put up novel illustrations please..
Spoiler for Railgun shorts:

Spoiler for Kanzaki SS:


Never edited a Wiki page before, so not going to put them on BT.
cubicjack is offline  
Old 2010-10-23, 22:47   Link #5643
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubicjack View Post
Spoiler for Railgun shorts:

Spoiler for Kanzaki SS:


Never edited a Wiki page before, so not going to put them on BT.
Oh, better resolutions of some of them, don't worry Darklor will upload them.

Albeit, Kanzaki's SS is placed right after Angel Fall and Railgun's SS is right after Vol.6.
__________________
Love songs for the genuinely cunning.
Miraluka is offline  
Old 2010-10-23, 23:19   Link #5644
sasuke706
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
And out of curiosity, why do you people say 'moon runes' when talking about Kanji?
Mostly a 4chan thing, but if you need other Internet slang explained, Urban Dictionary does a good job at it.
sasuke706 is offline  
Old 2010-10-24, 04:05   Link #5645
cubicjack
Kino fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Kanzaki SS part 3 summary:
Spoiler for kanzaki ss pt 3:

This part was pretty stupid, I'd say.
cubicjack is offline  
Old 2010-10-24, 04:31   Link #5646
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubicjack View Post
Kanzaki SS part 3 summary:
Spoiler for kanzaki ss pt 3:

This part was pretty stupid, I'd say.
Lol mad archaeologist
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline  
Old 2010-10-24, 04:33   Link #5647
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Golden Throne
Age: 28
I'm pretty sure he's dead not long after. Imagine the bleeding and internal injuries...
__________________

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline  
Old 2010-10-24, 08:30   Link #5648
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
thanks for the uploads. Its just that im tryin to find some bad ass pics of kanzaki and styil that i saw on an amv.
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2010-10-24, 09:48   Link #5649
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Hmm, I really can't say how easy/hard translating Chinese version to English compared to Jap->Eng is, as I have nearly no experience in Japanese (most of what I learned back in high school is now forgotten, and I probably remember more Japanese from the anime I watch than from my school notes ^^; )

And out of curiosity, why do you people say 'moon runes' when talking about Kanji?
It's very confusing due to the vast differences in sentence structure and grammar between the languages. There are times when I'm reading something in Japanese and just have absolutely no way to phrase it in coherent English.

Also, thanks for the Railgun and Kanzaki uploads. Hopefully someone is kind enough to do a full trans one day.
__________________
BRAVO VINCE
Suzuku is offline  
Old 2010-10-24, 10:10   Link #5650
Sleep_ping
The Restless FTL
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ellinia
Age: 23
^I think you got the wrong thread, Wilfri
Sleep_ping is offline  
Old 2010-10-24, 10:11   Link #5651
outerelf
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bouncing
I can't tell if that Obama picture is real or photoshopped... But I guess if the One Piece pages aren't photoshopped it's good to know that the creator of One Pice likes To Aru Majutsu No Index as well.
outerelf is offline  
Old 2010-10-24, 11:28   Link #5652
Kyouka
Is Here
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Age: 23
touma is confirmed dead?
Kyouka is offline  
Old 2010-10-24, 11:51   Link #5653
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Age: 20
No, as no one could find his body after he fell into the Arctic Ocean.
__________________
BRAVO VINCE
Suzuku is offline  
Old 2010-10-24, 13:47   Link #5654
pikachuwei
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New Zealand
hey iirc the novel said something about teh consequences if star of bethlehem fell on russia

thus touma moved it to the arctic circle.

wat wer the consequences again?
__________________
pikachuwei is offline  
Old 2010-10-24, 14:03   Link #5655
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Age: 20
A mass number of casualties, obviously. Moving it to the Arctic would result in less of them. Although I think you're really referring to Gabriel sucking up all of the water in the Arctic, which would speed up speed up global warming or something like that. Also, it said if Gabriel exploded from taking in too much Earthly water, it would cause a large part of the Earth to be wiped out and knock the Earth off of its axis. Basically, no matter what the world would have been destroyed.
__________________
BRAVO VINCE
Suzuku is offline  
Old 2010-10-24, 16:08   Link #5656
pikachuwei
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
A mass number of casualties, obviously. Moving it to the Arctic would result in less of them. Although I think you're really referring to Gabriel sucking up all of the water in the Arctic, which would speed up speed up global warming or something like that. Also, it said if Gabriel exploded from taking in too much Earthly water, it would cause a large part of the Earth to be wiped out and knock the Earth off of its axis. Basically, no matter what the world would have been destroyed.
i thought it was that the mere prescence of gabriel was creating so much telesma it threatened to knock earth out of orbit :x

and i dont really see how sucking up all the water in teh arctic would speed up global warming.

how big is the star of bethlehem? any concrete numbers
__________________
pikachuwei is offline  
Old 2010-10-24, 16:20   Link #5657
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Age: 20
No, it's the amount of telesma it would release if it blew up. It would knock the Earth out of it's orbit and take off a good chunk of the Earth as well.

It's the rate at which Gabriel is melting it IIRC. It will cause the water level to rise. I was wrong about it involving global warming, but the effects are the same.

The SoB is 40km IIRC.

Also, I thought someone was going to upload the Kanzaki and Railgun SS images to BT?
__________________
BRAVO VINCE
Suzuku is offline  
Old 2010-10-24, 18:03   Link #5658
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
No, it's the amount of telesma it would release if it blew up. It would knock the Earth out of it's orbit and take off a good chunk of the Earth as well.

It's the rate at which Gabriel is melting it IIRC. It will cause the water level to rise. I was wrong about it involving global warming, but the effects are the same.

The SoB is 40km IIRC.

Also, I thought someone was going to upload the Kanzaki and Railgun SS images to BT?
i thought the same.
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2010-10-24, 20:21   Link #5659
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
What exactly did Acqua say to the 3rd princess?
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline  
Old 2010-10-24, 23:17   Link #5660
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
time to explain about the whole destruction of the thanks to gabriel. (still hard to post through psp) the whole angle afair before that the star of Bethlehem falling down from 10 000 meters up in the sky with a structure bigger than 40 kilometers in length which is also full of magical artifacts. what do you think would happen if it fall in russia. now imagine that to fall their and don`t expect for the atmosphere or air to disentegrate or make it even smaller because even no holy right to support it or
__________________

tsunade666 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.