AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-10-24, 19:45   Link #541
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Technically, anything that isn't animated isn't canon, according to Sunrise.

Naturally, the only people who actually give a shit about this statement is Sunrise and the plethora of shipping morons over in the Code Geass forum. __'
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 19:48   Link #542
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
The funny thing is that if ZZ isn't canon a pretty decent argument can be made that neither is Char's Counterattack.
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 19:50   Link #543
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
The funny thing is that if ZZ isn't canon a pretty decent argument can be made that neither is Char's Counterattack.
True. Don't say that to certain people though.
__________________
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 19:53   Link #544
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
True. Don't say that to certain people though.
I assume you're referring to the same certain people who probably are not yet aware that there are now aliens in Gundam?
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 20:03   Link #545
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
I assume you're referring to the same certain people who probably are not yet aware that there are now aliens in Gundam?
Not yet aware or choose not to acknowledge?
__________________
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 20:06   Link #546
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Not yet aware or choose not to acknowledge?
I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't aware, but for UC elitists the news won't really affect them because "If it isn't UC it isn't canon!".
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 20:07   Link #547
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't aware, but for UC elitists the news won't really affect them because "If it isn't UC it isn't canon!".
I love running into those people on YouTube.
__________________
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 20:12   Link #548
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Speaking of YouTube, and to get us slightly back on topic, here is the first 14 minutes of Episode 2 (dub ver.) for those who couldn't or wouldn't download it:

__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 20:16   Link #549
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Thanks for posting it. I'm going to watch it tomorrow.
__________________
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 20:17   Link #550
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Thanks for posting it. I'm going to watch it tomorrow.
No problem. I just hope people don't start railing about sub vs. dub.

Also, here is the Eng. Dub version of the second trailer:

__________________

Last edited by Kuroi Hadou; 2010-10-25 at 04:08.
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 01:44   Link #551
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I love the way this topic is going. Indeed....just enjoy your Gundam and don't make superficial issues like sub v dub and U.C vs A.U.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 06:27   Link #552
jonli
JONLIの憂'
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
I assume you're referring to the same certain people who probably are not yet aware that there are now aliens in Gundam?
Not trying to be an asshole but I just really wanted to point out that Seed was the first Gundam show with aliens. Flying whales in space. But back to your point about canon, it really doesn't bother me either and in fact a lot of side stories are a lot better than animated material such as Origin and Ecole Du Ciel. In my mind Origin does an even better job than the series and the movies and I myself consider it the canon of Gundam even though there are small contradictions such as the basics of Project V. I also started reading C.D.A and it actually contradicts with the series version of Gundam TV series, with Ma Quba being alive at the wrong time. I'm also unphased with the whole Black History thing in Turn A because I personally consider it to be a direct continuation of UC even though it's got direct references to other series such as G, I consider the rest just homages (but I'm open to the idea that they're all one world doesn't bother me at all). I guess ultimately I'm just trying to say that as a fan yourself you can always adjust your definition of canon a bit? There's no need to shove the whole "it's not canon cuz sunrise didnt' say so" down ppl's throat.

I also wonder why Sunrise made such a statement?
__________________
Oh~ Baby! Shalalalala~ Shalala in the morning~ OH! BABY!
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 06:55   Link #553
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
Not trying to be an asshole but I just really wanted to point out that Seed was the first Gundam show with aliens. Flying whales in space.
Actually the Turn X was also an extraterrestrial entity, so Turn A Gundam was first. Besides, I was mostly referring to living aliens actually animated. To use an anecdote: fossils and relics people don't get too upset about, but living dinosaurs would cause an uproar.

Quote:
I guess ultimately I'm just trying to say that as a fan yourself you can always adjust your definition of canon a bit? There's no need to shove the whole "it's not canon cuz sunrise didnt' say so" down ppl's throat.
I agree completely. In fact the most satisfying but also most convoluted definition of canon I have seen is that of Star Wars, with the different "levels of canon". I haven't seen too many arguments about it as a result.

Quote:
I also wonder why Sunrise made such a statement?
Probably because they hoped it would get people to shut up about it. It obviously didn't work.
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 07:17   Link #554
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 34
So we know a few points to Ep2 from the traile here.

1) Unicorn was defeated by the Sinanju as we obviously see Banagher taken prisoner to the Sleeved's base.

2)For a prisoner, Banagher seems pretty free to wander around, we see him sharing a meal with a Sleeved family and Marina sharing some philosophy at a church. Possible a scheme by Frontal ? For what purpose.

3)It's not known whether the Unicorn was taken along with Banagher, but we assumed it is. So the Feds on a Nahal will obviously want their toy back. How will they do so when it's shown the Nahal has taken a beating from Frontal.

4)Now that Banagher had been exposed to the views of the supposed enemy, how do you think he will react ? I don't think he will obviously defect, but it will alter his approach to the Sleeved somewhat.

Feel free to speculate the turn of events while we have the time here.
__________________
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 07:25   Link #555
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
1) Unicorn was defeated by the Sinanju as we obviously see Banagher taken prisoner to the Sleeved's base.
My personal opinion is that Banagher surrendered in return for the Sleeves not destroying the ship his (remaining) friends are on and to prevent anyone else from dying.

Quote:
2)For a prisoner, Banagher seems pretty free to wander around, we see him sharing a meal with a Sleeved family and Marina sharing some philosophy at a church. Possible a scheme by Frontal ? For what purpose.
Well considering that Banagher is the only one who can pilot the Unicorn.... Personally though I think it's probably because they believed he didn't present much of a threat without the Gundam, and it looks more like Marida is an escort to keep an eye on him.

Quote:
3)It's not known whether the Unicorn was taken along with Banagher, but we assumed it is. So the Feds on a Nahal will obviously want their toy back. How will they do so when it's shown the Nahal has taken a beating from Frontal.
Probably request reinforcements.

Quote:
4)Now that Banagher had been exposed to the views of the supposed enemy, how do you think he will react ? I don't think he will obviously defect, but it will alter his approach to the Sleeved somewhat.
His opinion was already altered by his meeting "Audrey", but he doesn't really know she's a Sleeve yet (I don't think?). And he doesn't really seem like the type to go for the kill (yet).
__________________

Last edited by Kuroi Hadou; 2010-10-25 at 07:48.
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 08:04   Link #556
gilliana
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
My personal opinion is that Banagher surrendered in return for the Sleeves not destroying the ship his (remaining) friends are on and to prevent anyone else from dying.

Well considering that Banagher is the only one who can pilot the Unicorn.... Personally though I think it's probably because they believed he didn't present much of a threat without the Gundam, and it looks more like Marida is an escort to keep an eye on him.

Probably request reinforcements.

His opinion was already altered by his meeting "Audrey", but he doesn't really know she's a Sleeve yet (I don't think?). And he doesn't really seem like the type to go for the kill (yet).
out of the 10 unicorn novel books, i am currently reading the 6th one..
Spoiler:
gilliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 12:47   Link #557
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilliana View Post
out of the 10 unicorn novel books, i am currently reading the 6th one..
Spoiler:
That sound interesting. I wonder if the anime will stick to that formula.
__________________
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 14:15   Link #558
jonli
JONLIの憂'
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilliana View Post
out of the 10 unicorn novel books, i am currently reading the 6th one..
Spoiler:
Oh wow that's pretty cool. I didn't expect that, I really just thought it'd be a UC remix since this is suppose to be one (nothing wrong about it). I guess they have to do this given the whole purpose behind the Unicorn and the Laplace box. It needs to be more...neutral.

So you mean this actually happens....multiple times? No one stops him? Or can stop him?
__________________
Oh~ Baby! Shalalalala~ Shalala in the morning~ OH! BABY!
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 19:36   Link #559
gilliana
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
Oh wow that's pretty cool. I didn't expect that, I really just thought it'd be a UC remix since this is suppose to be one (nothing wrong about it). I guess they have to do this given the whole purpose behind the Unicorn and the Laplace box. It needs to be more...neutral.

So you mean this actually happens....multiple times? No one stops him? Or can stop him?
Spoiler:
gilliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 00:17   Link #560
rocawarde
Gundam Mechanic
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilliana View Post
Spoiler:
O wow, that sounds like pretty interesting story. If you dont ind me asking What makes Rozen-zulu so special???
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic95212_4.gif
rocawarde is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.