AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Old 2004-09-24, 15:34   Link #1
ModeXCrash

Prince of Tennis 3 : Form the strongest team help.

Hi everyone, I'm requesting some help and hope I'm putting this in the right place.

I just got my copy of the newest PoT game in the mail, form the strongest team. I had the first and second one and could easy play them by picking out the different play modes, but unfortunately, Form the strongest team isnt that simple. There is a full blown story mode which needs to be beat before you can engage in any kind of Multiplayer exibition matches. I was wondering if anyone could provide any help in beating this story mode featured on the game with either some tips on how to beat it or a save data from their memory card. Any and all help will be appreciated.

~Donovan
ModeXCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-24, 18:05   Link #2
jindo

Exclamation

Well here is the easiest way to finish story mode for a first time to unlock exhibition and gallery mode.
1. Pick a "leader" preferrably Tezuka or someone with high stats.
2. Scout all the captains from different schools. Usually they'll join since Tezuka has all around high stats.
3. During training, make sure you boost up "TECH" and "MENT" as high as you can. (this boosts up the speed of tension level)

4. On the menu screen there should be 8 options you can choose from:
1. Training with individual character
2. Training (regular training. No Team Power percentage earned)
3. Meeting (you use this option once in a while to see how your teamates are doing. You earn Team Power percentage 1 ~ 3%)
4. Recreation (random encounters you meet. It's important to select this options time to time because this is how you earn "hidden characters". I've earned "Ginka Capt." and "Tachibana Ann" through this option.
5. Practice Match vs. other random teams
6. Scouting Members (among the lists of characters, very bottom sentence "in gold color" should say either that particular character has joined a team or not. So this is very useful)
7. Status (check up on your teams stats)
8. System (save load or exit game)

5. Getting back to the game. Play through the tourney you can select "manual" or "AI" control your character.
*Old school PoT Smash Hit trick does work few time but it seems Konami has juiced up AI's playing potential. Play vs. AI "Kirihara" and you'll know. *

6. After you complete the game for the first time, then make sure you save.

**I'm trying to see if I can unlock something by earning +220pts in bowling mode in the storymode (only allows to you play full game if you're by yourself) but the pattern seems a lot different from PoT SH 2.**

Well goodluck and if you happened to unlock more features later on, post it here.
jindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-24, 22:54   Link #3
ModeXCrash

thanks for the info but what option do I exactly pic to start up the tourneys?

is it recration?

~Donovan
ModeXCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-24, 23:49   Link #4
jindo

Lightbulb

Well you can't start a tourney right away. You have 20days to train for the tourney. Only option you'd have to play "pratice game" will be choosing option 5. But you must recruit atleast 3 more people to participate.
Old 2004-09-26, 00:37   Link #5
jindo

Lightbulb

Unlocked Prince of Bowling mode.
Old 2004-10-02, 14:16   Link #6
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

I am thinking of getting this game... I'm assuming this game is going to be text heavy... but I just finished Narutimett Hero 2 by just experimenting... is this Prince of Tennis game gonna be somewhat linear? and is it like Smash Hit?
Old 2004-10-07, 20:35   Link #7
jindo

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Chronics
I am thinking of getting this game... I'm assuming this game is going to be text heavy... but I just finished Narutimett Hero 2 by just experimenting... is this Prince of Tennis game gonna be somewhat linear? and is it like Smash Hit?
Game play wise it's almost identicle. Although aka PoT 3 has smoother graphics and hi-res backgrounds which SH2 didn't had. It also has more courts and hidden characters. But not as difficult as SH2 did with unlocking hidden characters.