AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-05-18, 11:48   Link #21
Arbitres
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
V.V. as Eowyn?

It would certainly explain why a good deal of the Britannia insignia's look akin to geass symbols. (Look at the pure blood's collar for example. Another is the Ashford insignia, and the Knight of the Round's insignia.)

Though it was never mentioned how old Eowyn was when he founded Britannia, so it's entirely possible. Sorry Betteroffer, but I'm on the fence on this one. It would make sense to a degree, but there is something about it that is off.



Quote:
As for V.V. giving Rai his Geass, I agree with Arbitres, I think V.V. was made to be much older as well but got changed around at the last minute much like a lot of other things; perhaps he was another victim of the infamous "schedule change" that supposedly damned the second half from the beginning. But there's no point in debating that since, like the above, there's no direct answer.
Possibly, it's certainly an indication.

Spoiler for Rai:


I think if V.V. was Eowyn, he would give him the benefit of being able to not get in trouble or being harassed when he was around Pendragon. As he could easily be considered part of the royal family, as no noble would openly question about his presence.

...Well, besides Lloyd. But Lloyd is an entirely different case altogether. I'm actually surprised he gets to keep his noble rank due to all the mischief he causes. (Calling the emperor 'Charlie' seems particularly hazardous.)
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 01:33   Link #22
Wing Zero Alpha
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
V.V. = Eowyn? That's one idea I've never seen considered before and might have been true at one point. However, besides the Chapter 02 reference, I already had it in the timeline in which V.V., then Victor zi Britannia, was born alongside Charles during the Emblem of Blood era, so I can't really make him Eowyn in Megiddo. Besides, I already have detailed plans for Britannia's history, as well as its "relation" to Geass...
Wing Zero Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 01:50   Link #23
Arbitres
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
It's understandable, since canonically in R2 V.V. was born during the emblem of blood event. Following two theorists and a spinoff game is hardly anything to do.

As for Eowyn, whoever they were, are quite, dead. I imagine V.V. is easily manipulated in most fan works because of how vague his existence in the show was. Though I hope with his presence, geass will also be elaborated on in general, not just it's connection to Britannia.

I'll be waiting for the next chapter. I'll be enjoying it more then usual, for several reasons. Specifically I want to see how the Pearl Harbor battle goes. I have a thing for irony.

Last edited by Arbitres; 2010-05-19 at 18:43.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 22:08   Link #24
Betteroffer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Zero Alpha View Post
V.V. = Eowyn? That's one idea I've never seen considered before and might have been true at one point. However, besides the Chapter 02 reference, I already had it in the timeline in which V.V., then Victor zi Britannia, was born alongside Charles during the Emblem of Blood era, so I can't really make him Eowyn in Megiddo. Besides, I already have detailed plans for Britannia's history, as well as its "relation" to Geass...
Well it's good to at least know it isn't something that can be shot down as crazy. The details you've planned out are the main thing, as it seems you have other things set up that prevent the idea from being viable, but as for your point on his birth already being listed in the timeline, that could have been solved by simply saying that V.V. and Victor zi Britannia were completely different people, and that Victor had died along with his mother during the Emblem of Blood or perhaps later.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 12:19   Link #25
Wing Zero Alpha
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betteroffer View Post
Well it's good to at least know it isn't something that can be shot down as crazy. The details you've planned out are the main thing, as it seems you have other things set up that prevent the idea from being viable, but as for your point on his birth already being listed in the timeline, that could have been solved by simply saying that V.V. and Victor zi Britannia were completely different people, and that Victor had died along with his mother during the Emblem of Blood or perhaps later.
In the words of the great Jayne Cobb, "Coulda Shoulda Woulda." Beyond that, my only problem with V.V. being Eowyn is that would mean Gaius Julius Caesar, the same man that conquered a good chunk of modern day Europe before returning home, conquering his own civilization and establishing one of the greatest empires of the ancient world, would have been defeated by a midget. As well, it would have also meant that all the pre-Britannic tribes, who were hostile to each other in ways even the Romans could not believe, had come together to elect said midget to lead them. I don't know about you, but that's rather demeaning.

Course, now that I think about it, an explanation for that would have been V.V. not being Britannian to begin with; his blonde hair would have made him of Roman descent, and thus for whatever reason he was exiled to Albion, where the primitive natives revered him as a mystic or deity.
Wing Zero Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 21:07   Link #26
Betteroffer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
The Tianzi was apparently reveared as a living divinity by many, and it's common enough in fiction that it has its own listing on the TvTropes website called A Child Shall Lead Them. As the page points out, at the end of R2 three teenage girls pretty much rule the world (God save us all).

As for your later point, that was the idea I was going on. Rather than Eowyn being a warrior-king, he would insted be a sort of mystic or seer-king. It's fair to suppose that ancient people would be likely to revere an unaging, unkillable being that could bestow strange gifts and powers upon them, among other things. It wouldn't be quite so demeaning once V.V. showed he could down any man or beast with just a touch (he probably wouldn't even need that, as C.C. zapped Suzaku through the Lancelot and we only see one of the security guards at the SAZ actually touch her before they all pass out).

It's hard to tell on the map, but there appeared to be a Thought Elevator on or near the British Isles, though it's anyone's guess if all those locations were planned from the beginning. If there were a Thought Elevator that V.V. could access near the tribes, then he could use its powers to further demonstrate his value to the people such as letting them speak to dead loved ones and observing faraway events. After he forsees the Roman attack and grants them the powers to repel the invaders it would be near impossible to conceive of him as anything less than a godsend if not a genuine god as you said.

EDIT: I know nothing of the genetic diversity of the era, so this is a shot in the dark, but his features could be a genetic fluke, or the result of a recessive trait from some other Roman exiles from a few generations back that earned a place among the natives, meaning V.V. could genuinely be born there. Or I can take the easy way out and just say "it's anime."

Assuming V.V. already had his Code for a time, then there is the possibility that Caesar may have lost to a midget that was several decades his senior with appropriate tactical and strategic ability to match. That, and his army of wizards and mystically augmented warriors.

Last edited by Betteroffer; 2010-05-22 at 23:54.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-08, 00:39   Link #27
Wing Zero Alpha
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Chapter 13 is up for those interested.
Wing Zero Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-08, 20:51   Link #28
Lost Cause
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Virginia
Age: 37
A hearty well done on Ch. 13 Wing! Just one question though. Why arm Kallen with an old Luger pistol? I understand why she carries it, sentimetal because it's a family heirloom of sorts (her Grandpa carried it as did her Daddy) and she states that it has "always worked for me". It's just interestin that in a world of more modern pistols she carries a Luger!
So does anybody carry a 1911 .45?
__________________

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 00:13   Link #29
Wing Zero Alpha
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
A hearty well done on Ch. 13 Wing! Just one question though. Why arm Kallen with an old Luger pistol? I understand why she carries it, sentimetal because it's a family heirloom of sorts (her Grandpa carried it as did her Daddy) and she states that it has "always worked for me". It's just interestin that in a world of more modern pistols she carries a Luger!
So does anybody carry a 1911 .45?
Because in the series she was always carrying a Luger style gun, and the only logical explanation I could come up for that (aside from the creators giving her character a Germanic tone to fit her Britannian surname) was that it was a family heirloom. As for a 1911, not sure at this point; it would have to be a Britannian character, but they all seem to value the same firearm in the series (which I labled as the Browning L105A1 here). Maybe I'll have that be the gun Nonette always has at her side or something.
Wing Zero Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 13:11   Link #30
Betteroffer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Zero Alpha View Post
Because in the series she was always carrying a Luger style gun, and the only logical explanation I could come up for that (aside from the creators giving her character a Germanic tone to fit her Britannian surname) was that it was a family heirloom. As for a 1911, not sure at this point; it would have to be a Britannian character, but they all seem to value the same firearm in the series (which I labled as the Browning L105A1 here). Maybe I'll have that be the gun Nonette always has at her side or something.
I thought I heard somewhere that she had gotten her gun from Naoto, with him getting it for some unidentified reason like part of a shipment from Kyoto, buying it as a hobby, or indeed perhaps he could have gotten/stolen it from their father first. I haven't been able to find that mentioning again, so it was probably just an old fanfiction or theory.

I'm curious about the new firing settings on the Gawain. Is the scatter setting like the Guren's wide area burst, or is it more like the shotgun effect the cannons had before they were completed? Similarly, the original cannons had the ability to wipe out an entire fleet of aerial reinforcements so I would have thought that the first shot from the Gawain would have eliminated almost everything coming at them.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 14:41   Link #31
Wing Zero Alpha
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betteroffer View Post
I thought I heard somewhere that she had gotten her gun from Naoto, with him getting it for some unidentified reason like part of a shipment from Kyoto, buying it as a hobby, or indeed perhaps he could have gotten/stolen it from their father first. I haven't been able to find that mentioning again, so it was probably just an old fanfiction or theory.
I wouldn't have been surprised if she got it from Naoto, but I never saw an official explanation for that myself so I came up with my own (as said).

Quote:
I'm curious about the new firing settings on the Gawain. Is the scatter setting like the Guren's wide area burst, or is it more like the shotgun effect the cannons had before they were completed? Similarly, the original cannons had the ability to wipe out an entire fleet of aerial reinforcements so I would have thought that the first shot from the Gawain would have eliminated almost everything coming at them.
In that instance, it was the shotgun effect that the cannons originally had before Rakshata tinkered with them. As for the Gawain wiping out aerial reinforcements in the Black Rebellion, I found that to be an unrealistic instance because once the cannons fired the bombers and fighters would have broke formation and evaded rather than remained to get wiped out. That said Lelouch had them by surprise initially because the Britannian pilots weren't expecting the Gawain (Gefjun Disturber and all), but once the hadron streams started they knew enough to stand still and get vaporized.
Wing Zero Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 17:58   Link #32
Wing Zero Alpha
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Megiddo Chapter 14 is up.
Wing Zero Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 22:26   Link #33
Lost Cause
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Virginia
Age: 37
Re:Chapter 14. Outstanding Wing! But I have to ask (being a history buff myself) does the sleeping giant awaken?
__________________

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 00:25   Link #34
Wing Zero Alpha
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
Re:Chapter 14. Outstanding Wing! But I have to ask (being a history buff myself) does the sleeping giant awaken?
In this case, the sleeping giant is already wide awake, but is too distracted with the enemy in front of it (the EU) to protect itself from the enemy behind it (the Black Knights). That and unlike the real Pearl Harbor, you'll take notice that the Black Knights were able to strike the more vital areas of the Pearl, such as the navy yards and submarine docks, before Lelouch called them back (as opposed to Yamamoto leaving them unscathed).
Wing Zero Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 20:32   Link #35
Lost Cause
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Virginia
Age: 37
Yes, I see it now. And that Rikichi, he's going to be a hand full for Zero!
__________________

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.