AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 109 Rating
Perfect 10 11 20.75%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 18.87%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 35.85%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 16.98%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.66%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.89%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-11-01, 12:37   Link #61
Joe_fh
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
I feel sorry for the MiB grunts who would have to clean up all the limbs a guts after those two hack each other up. After all where talking about a limb count in the millions here
So true Well maybe not millions but thousands for sure. I wonder if we'll really see the whole fight between them - I seriously doubt it. For one I can't even imagine how things would go with those super fast attacks and seemingly unlimited regeneration. 30 pages of the same thing happening over and over again

@Gooral: thanks for the information. And Shiek was talking about that explanation? I thought it was something else since I kind of missed ~ 20 pages from the last discussion thread due to various reason.
Joe_fh is offline  
Old 2010-11-01, 12:40   Link #62
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
Personally I would be disappointed if the fight with Priscilla went only in their minds. I want to see Priscilla's guts and (most importantly) limbs flying .
I think in the end clare will simply suck the life out of her
This is for me the most cruel fate for the thing to help the enemy to improve with her own death.
__________________
irvinethearcher is offline  
Old 2010-11-01, 12:41   Link #63
Gooral
Firefly/Serenity fanatic
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The town where Copernicus was born.
Age: 28
Well, with Destroyer's ability to suck energy Priscilla might have some problems with regenerating. And something tells me that if Clare smacked Priscilla in the form we've seen earlier Priscilla would have to regenerate from scratch. If Isley could destroy 25% of her body with one blow I would imagine that Destroyer+Clare could do much more damage and only a pile of goo that used to be Priscilla would remain.
Gooral is offline  
Old 2010-11-01, 12:43   Link #64
rafael1932
claymores pimp
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
pris has never been a bad girl. ok, she has to eat men and that but it was only instint. remenber that she wanted to die by teresa however the awakened process was too quick ( or teresa too slow cause she changed a little bit). there is also the possibility that she remebers the last fight with teresa and, afetr had full knowledge of her personality/ true being she will let herself to die in a mental state, dying in body afterwards. lame but pris was never a bad girl so she deserves a good ending. damn i just remember miria...
rafael1932 is offline  
Old 2010-11-01, 12:51   Link #65
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
yeah pris was never really a bad girl. Like the dude from braunau would have turned out as a nice guy if they only would have accepted him as an art student at the university of Vienna
After they had witnessed the consequences of their action i think they never ever denied anyone to study art at Vienna LoL.
__________________
irvinethearcher is offline  
Old 2010-11-01, 12:59   Link #66
Gooral
Firefly/Serenity fanatic
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The town where Copernicus was born.
Age: 28
@rafael
I disagree. She never questioned MiB's orders and didn't back off even when she saw that Teresa was protecting little girl (Galatea for example backed off, does it mean she was a saint?). And after Teresa defeated all of them she ignored Irene and organization's rules because she was pissed. She has always been unstable and dangerous person and far from being a "good girl". In my eyes she was bad. In fact she was the most evil person I've seen in Claymore when she killed Teresa, Noel, Sophia and made Clare piss herself.
Gooral is offline  
Old 2010-11-01, 12:59   Link #67
rafael1932
claymores pimp
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinethearcher View Post
yeah pris was never really a bad girl. Like the dude from braunau would have turned out as a nice guy if they only would have accepted him as an art student at the university of Vienna
it is funny, i always thought about ophelia while i was writing about pris. in terms of evilness, she was really god at it cause she liked to see others sufering and had no respect for human life. She is diferent from pris because the enemies that she killed were in her way and that means that she was trying to defend herself( while having a little of pride in that- pretty human, i guess)
rafael1932 is offline  
Old 2010-11-01, 12:59   Link #68
Joe_fh
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Regarding what Prissy wanted at that very moment and how the whole thing happened there are are generally to opinions and honestly no one yet knows for sure which is the correct one.
I think Prissy lost control killed Teresa and awakened while Gooral thinks Prissy was in control thus she killed Teresa willingly. And that's just the tip of the iceberg of arguments for both sides. So it's really a very vast topic to discuss - we even have a thread for it

But come on, look at Shieky's avatar - see how cute Prissy is...how can you want to see her get completely destroyed with limbs and guts flying everywhere

On a more serious note, the Destroyer's ability to suck life didn't seem to have any effect on Prissy in the few time it hit her and she didn't show any indication something drained her yoki/life - I believe she would have noticed it if that was the case.
Also we've never actually seen Prissy serious. I'm not sure if the Destroyer could actually land a nice clean hit on her if it's not at least as powerful as her( which going by her attitude is not the case). The only attacks that ever hit Prissy while she was in full control where once she didn't care about because she could brush them off with her regeneration like they were nothing.
When Isley attacked her she was completely unaware of what was going on and even in her awakened form. So an attack at AO level can't do a thing. I'm pretty sure if someone launched an attack capable of doing serious damage to her she would dodge or block it and so far we haven't seen her do that seriously even once (just blocking some minor attacks compared to the ones that actually hit her but that was probably because she was annoyed or didn't want to be interrupted )

So A serious Prissy fighting all out is something I can't even begin to imagine. That's why I think we won't get to see the whole fight and it will be toned down to a level we can comprehend inside the destroyer.
Joe_fh is offline  
Old 2010-11-01, 13:01   Link #69
Vinak
Procrastinator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: United States
Age: 26
Priscilla was never a bad girl...but.
__________________
Vinak is offline  
Old 2010-11-01, 13:05   Link #70
Gooral
Firefly/Serenity fanatic
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The town where Copernicus was born.
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
Also we've never actually seen Prissy serious.
And what makes you think we've seen Destroyer serious? Last time I checked things only started to become interesting when Priscilla was surrounded by Destroyer. And from the looks of it Priscilla got her ass kicked and became a sardine in a can.
Gooral is offline  
Old 2010-11-01, 13:10   Link #71
Ryus
The One Eyed King
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lurking Up Ahead
... must ...stay ...out ...of ... this ...debate.

Agreed that we witnessed neither The Destroyer nor Priscilla 100% serious yet. Though CtD was getting really close to showing us her all...
__________________
Ryus is offline  
Old 2010-11-01, 13:13   Link #72
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
The most evil person was the bandit chief i think and the guy who wanted to humiliate theresa. Not even the org or Dee came near to this level of evil scumness

Quote:
But come on, look at Shieky's avatar - see how cute Prissy is...how can you want to see her get completely destroyed with limbs and guts flying everywhere
Her cuteness was and is only camouflage and deception from what is inside of her.


About the fight:
I think clare took over the destroyers flesh and that changed everything. Before the destroyer attacked wild barely on instinct but now there is an intelligence a brain behind it's attacks and that led to priscilla's captivity. IMO it was clare who allowed helen and deneve to escape creating a secure path for them. When priscilla threatened them the destroyer attacked her immediately with full force but spared helen and deneve.
But in one thing i agree with Joe:
The destroyer will not be enough for defeating priscilla. IMO it will be theresa's power hiding in clare's flesh who will alone make the difference just a feeling.
__________________

Last edited by irvinethearcher; 2010-11-01 at 13:23.
irvinethearcher is offline  
Old 2010-11-01, 13:15   Link #73
rafael1932
claymores pimp
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
@rafael
I disagree. She never questioned MiB's orders and didn't back off even when she saw that Teresa was protecting little girl (Galatea for example backed off, does it mean she was a saint?). And after Teresa defeated all of them she ignored Irene and organization's rules because she was pissed. She has always been unstable and dangerous person and far from being a "good girl". In my eyes she was bad. In fact she was the most evil person I've seen in Claymore when she killed Teresa, Noel, Sophia and make Clare piss herself.
i just want to point the fact that when she killed everthing( after awakened), she has lost her memory, so she was only depending on her survival instint.
«didn't back off even when she saw that Teresa was protecting little girl » well she was in anger state. we all consider our lifes before others( even little children). the ones who we really cares are our own and the ones we have an attachment. besides she was losing mental control cause she was remember her family death
miria was killed by warriors that think that they are in the good side. are they bad guys? no, like pris that wanted teresa head for going berseker againts humans ( despite the fact that she was not there to she how those humans were.
«unstable and dangerous person and far from being a "good girl"» well she was all that, however is only bad person if she does bad things, which she belived she won't doing that. she thought she was protecting humans by killing her/ being in the goods guy team
rafael1932 is offline  
Old 2010-11-01, 13:17   Link #74
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
I am so not taking part in this

Maybe another day, but not right before the next chapter is about to come out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral
Personally I would be disappointed if the fight with Priscilla went only in their minds. I want to see Priscilla's guts and (most importantly) limbs flying .
Didn't Claire lose her head in the fight with Rafaela? I think the possibility of seeing 'blood' and whatnot is still high.

The Destroyer's ability to absorb fight depends on how much it is able to siphon, how fast vs power Priscilla has (more) and how quickly she is able to regenerate, and of course, if she lets herself get hit.
__________________
"You know, their are as many ways to live as their are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look."
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2010-11-01, 13:17   Link #75
Joe_fh
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
That's true however, we've seen Prissy take on the most powerful opponents head on (aside from Teresa and the Destroyer) and took their attacks like they were nothing (since they practically were nothing to her) while the same can't be said for the Destroyer. When it's outer shell was destroyed and it started sucking the life out of things I think it was using the better part of his power.

The reason why is simple - because there was neither a reason nor an indication it wasn't. We know that it's objective was to destroy every living being until there's nothing left (sort of) so I don't see a reason to hold back when your objective is to annihilate everything. Prissy's fights on the other hand ore ones she didn't want to actually engage in and they were just "in her way" on the level of "getting annoying" and thus there was no reason to fight with her full power.
Prissy also didn't seem effected by the Destroyer attacks - same as with AO level ones.

Overall it's just that Prissy takes on such powerful opponents and dispatches them with ease while not even bothering to block or attack with full force.

In the end though your guess is as good as mine.

Come on Ryus, join in
You too Shieky (and I don't mean the Teresa vs Prissy debate )
Joe_fh is offline  
Old 2010-11-01, 13:21   Link #76
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
You too Shieky (and I don't mean the Teresa vs Prissy debate )
What's the difference? questioning whether or not Priscilla was "good" basically is the Teresa vs Priscilla debate, veiled. Besides, one look at my avatar tells you which side I am on .
__________________
"You know, their are as many ways to live as their are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look."
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2010-11-01, 13:22   Link #77
Key Board
Donut
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
So the only casualty so far is Miria?

Huh... that's a bit tame. I was expecting one more at least.

but even more surprising is clare didn't get to eat her limbs

I guess she already had her quota fulfilled by being a blob
Key Board is offline  
Old 2010-11-01, 13:23   Link #78
Joe_fh
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
No no I mean the Destroyer and Prissy and where they stand...though honestly that's another pointless power debate since we lack facts...

I know which side you're on even without the avatar though
Joe_fh is offline  
Old 2010-11-01, 13:26   Link #79
zato_1one
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Found this sig from someone in baidu.



I think that I never see this pic before. I suppose that it should be from this chapter. This pose is very suitable for her. She is THE QUEEN after all. Can't wait for the translation.
__________________
zato_1one is offline  
Old 2010-11-01, 13:27   Link #80
Ryus
The One Eyed King
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lurking Up Ahead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
Come on Ryus, join in
You too Shieky (and I don't mean the Teresa vs Prissy debate )
I really do want to join in but more debate = less time finding ch 109
__________________
Ryus is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.