AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-10-08, 22:39   Link #1
Roots
外人、漫画訳者
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Austin, TX
Age: 32
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Superman Legend




Umm, can some one tell me what the hell this is supposed to be? I would download it myself and find out, but bandwidth is precious to me right now.
__________________

Hero of Allacrost, a free 2D RPG in development.
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 22:48   Link #2
DekaMaster
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots



Umm, can some one tell me what the hell this is supposed to be? I would download it myself and find out, but bandwidth is precious to me right now.

I think it's the TMNT anime OVA ep1. But I am pretty sure this is one of those parody subs :P
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 22:52   Link #3
Avaj
?!!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Stuck in a loop
Age: 34
It's obviously a crossover between TMNT and Superman!
__________________
Avaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 23:05   Link #4
Tsubomi Koneko
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Tsubomi Koneko Send a message via MSN to Tsubomi Koneko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaj
It's obviously a crossover between TMNT and Superman!

I don't think it really has anything to do with Superman, that's just a title. After reading a little blurb about it on a website it looks more like all the people in the show get to play with some stuff that turns them into super versions of themselves for a certain amount of time... Or at least that's my really lame summary of what I read.
Tsubomi Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 23:05   Link #5
Fel
Clean up princess
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Quote:
I think it's the TMNT anime OVA ep1. But I am pretty sure this is one of those parody subs :P
No, I'm looking at it and it looks like a legit translation.


It's two episodes long, and it's about the Ninja Turtles mutating (again) and...stuff.
Both episodes are already available raw, but I'm betting the other will be subbed before long.
Fel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 03:07   Link #6
Neo_0305
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
This Show Is So Ridiculous, This Is Definately Not The Turtles We Grew Up With >_<... I Mean, It Reminds Me Of The Turtles & Power Rangers Together GRR >_<
Neo_0305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 03:21   Link #7
Cort
What???
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Texas
Age: 28
Send a message via ICQ to Cort
Go Super Turtle Power Dino Zoid Morph up level 5 now!!!! *big flash of bright light, the planet explodes due to the excessive power-fart caused by the transformation*

That being said I personally haven't touched anything that said Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on it since I was like 7 years old, though I once had to be seen in a KB toys with my friend who was buying action figures "for his little brother," and that was bad enough...*shudder*

At least its not Sailor Moon Live Action though, I thought that was a joke or parody or something at first but its actually continued for like 40 episodes lol
Cort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 03:50   Link #8
Avaj
?!!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Stuck in a loop
Age: 34
I don't believe it, it is beyond all comprehension. Watch it just to see how wrong it is.
__________________
Avaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 04:09   Link #9
Superfly
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Belgium
Bright flashy stuff, remains rather true to the original style of Turtles we grew up with.. animation wise! Because I already turned this one off as soon as the opening summary ended...
Not to mention the terrible OP! IF they stayed true to the original TMNT theme, it would've been sorta okay-ish. After all, TMNT will remain a classic lol!

The Turtles have been raped now, that's what I'm telling you...
__________________
Superfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 04:48   Link #10
DekaMaster
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly
Bright flashy stuff, remains rather true to the original style of Turtles we grew up with.. animation wise! Because I already turned this one off as soon as the opening summary ended...
Not to mention the terrible OP! IF they stayed true to the original TMNT theme, it would've been sorta okay-ish. After all, TMNT will remain a classic lol!

The Turtles have been raped now, that's what I'm telling you...

You do realize that TMNT was a comic first? And that god awful cartoon from the early 90's and even this new cartoon are awful? So when you refer to something staying original well the "Original" TMNT had to Theme song.
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 05:00   Link #11
Superfly
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekaMaster
You do realize that TMNT was a comic first? And that god awful cartoon from the early 90's and even this new cartoon are awful? So when you refer to something staying original well the "Original" TMNT had to Theme song.
Ofcourse I know it was a comic first. But never been popular here, I only had one copy of them. Can't blame me for being European! (remembers some kind of Gryphon mutant in it...)

And the first TMNT cartoon was an okay-ish cartoon back then. Ofcourse you would call it aweful if you compare it with modern cartoons... But back then, it WAS a modern cartoon.

Haven't seen the new series yet, not planning to do so, and I doubt a local network would pick it up anyway.

But this OVA is plain terrible, period! =P
__________________
Superfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 14:08   Link #12
Apterous
Cutie Honey Fansubber
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Apterous
You're welcome.

Oh, and I didn't know about the other raws, is release is a remaster of the HK DVD I got off ebay. Their source must have been VHS because it looks grainy and needed to be filtered and cropped a bit, 10% of the subtitles were missing, a few mis-timed, and the op/ed translation were bad (the op is really bad in itself... the end is kinda fun), and there were other generic HK bootleg mistakes I tried to fix. If you watch, I gave script credit to "Anime Manga Cartoon DVD".

I think these 2 OVA's were made to promote toy lines. Ep 1 to sell the Super Turtles / Saint Turtle, and 2 to sell the Metal Armor samurai Turtles. I'll tack the japanese commercials onto the end of ep 2, which'll be ready today or tomorrow.

And I don't know about you guys, but I (for whatever reason) thought these OVA's were hilarious. I hope someone out there besides me can enjoy it too.
__________________
Sailor Spork! スポークにかわって、おしよきよ!
Apterous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 14:38   Link #13
Roots
外人、漫画訳者
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Austin, TX
Age: 32
I watched it. I feel like my childhood memories have been raped.
__________________

Hero of Allacrost, a free 2D RPG in development.

Last edited by Roots; 2004-10-09 at 15:55.
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 14:41   Link #14
DekaMaster
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apterous
You're welcome.

Oh, and I didn't know about the other raws, is release is a remaster of the HK DVD I got off ebay. Their source must have been VHS because it looks grainy and needed to be filtered and cropped a bit, 10% of the subtitles were missing, a few mis-timed, and the op/ed translation were bad (the op is really bad in itself... the end is kinda fun), and there were other generic HK bootleg mistakes I tried to fix. If you watch, I gave script credit to "Anime Manga Cartoon DVD".

I think these 2 OVA's were made to promote toy lines. Ep 1 to sell the Super Turtles / Saint Turtle, and 2 to sell the Metal Armor samurai Turtles. I'll tack the japanese commercials onto the end of ep 2, which'll be ready today or tomorrow.

And I don't know about you guys, but I (for whatever reason) thought these OVA's were hilarious. I hope someone out there besides me can enjoy it too.

So this is not a real fansub then? You just did an HK fix up. Should it be listed on AS then?
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 15:13   Link #15
LiQuid|J
Pantsu Faito!
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: GTO = Best anime. Ever. Thanks.
Age: 33
Wow, I'm surprised how sour you people are being. I grew up watching the Turtles. I watched the cartoon every single morning and was the first kid in line when then first live action movie hit theatres. Anyways, I thought this OVA was hilarious. The opening song had me cracking up (Punchu wa One! Two! Kicku wa boom boom!) and the show was consistently humourous throughout, sometimes intentionally, and other times not so much. I always wonder what happens to some of my favourite cartoons in Japan (anyone else wonder what a Japanese episode of the Simpsons is like?) so seeing one of my favorite childhood shows Japanized was too much fun. Somehow I always figured the Japanese would find a way to turn the turtles into a Sentai show. Looks like I win! If you can't find the humour in this, you might have issues you need to have checked out. ^^
__________________
LiQuid|J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 15:18   Link #16
Avaj
?!!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Stuck in a loop
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
I watched it. I feel like my childhood memories have been raped.
Thats a pretty good description.
__________________
Avaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 17:28   Link #17
Judo
Lazy Turtle
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Inside my Shell
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Judo
lol, don't know most of you are shitting this show, but this thing's so damn funny!!!!! xD

can't wait to watch ep 2 ^-^, and thx to Spork for subbing this hilarious OVA =D
Judo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 17:31   Link #18
DekaMaster
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judo
lol, don't know most of you are shitting this show, but this thing's so damn funny!!!!! xD

can't wait to watch ep 2 ^-^, and thx to Spork for subbing this hilarious OVA =D

From what I can see they didn't sub it. They took the HK script from the HK dvd and fixed it.
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 18:41   Link #19
OldSchoolFan
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apterous
You're welcome.

Oh, and I didn't know about the other raws, is release is a remaster of the HK DVD I got off ebay. Their source must have been VHS because it looks grainy and needed to be filtered and cropped a bit, 10% of the subtitles were missing, a few mis-timed, and the op/ed translation were bad (the op is really bad in itself... the end is kinda fun), and there were other generic HK bootleg mistakes I tried to fix. If you watch, I gave script credit to "Anime Manga Cartoon DVD".

I think these 2 OVA's were made to promote toy lines. Ep 1 to sell the Super Turtles / Saint Turtle, and 2 to sell the Metal Armor samurai Turtles. I'll tack the japanese commercials onto the end of ep 2, which'll be ready today or tomorrow.

And I don't know about you guys, but I (for whatever reason) thought these OVA's were hilarious. I hope someone out there besides me can enjoy it too.
I though they were! Much better than what Murakami-Wolf-Swenson had in mind for the syndie/Saturday Morning series.

I actually found out about these OAV's from another BT group I went to, but was mostly furry porn (or "yiff") related and was in raw anyway. If anyone bothers to check them out... F-X-C
OldSchoolFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 19:26   Link #20
Apterous
Cutie Honey Fansubber
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Apterous
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekaMaster
So this is not a real fansub then? You just did an HK fix up. Should it be listed on AS then?
I wasn't gonna put my name on it, but I asked the people in the #as irc room... other groups do it too. Look at Hero-Legends. And it's not like I put no work into it, I had to translate those aweful op/ed lyrics. Note: the guy who did the op to this also did the op to japanese DBZ.
__________________
Sailor Spork! スポークにかわって、おしよきよ!
Apterous is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.