AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-10-07, 01:21   Link #101
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Well it does introduces the antagonists, Calamity Raven is pretty much wants to cause the Darscen Calamity to happen mainly due to the passiveness of the Darscen people, rather than dying standing up, they chose to die being slaves. So The Calamity Raven want to spark a Darscen rebellion that will cause their people to die but be truly remembered as the destroyers of the world, not the Valkyria
__________________
Old McDonald had a farm...Eyey Eyey O...And on his farm he had a Khzithak...Eyey Eyey O...With a ARHHFAHHAAAAAAAAARRRGIIIAAA HELP AAAUUU HELP! IT'S GNAWING OFF MY...

Last edited by asaqe; 2010-10-07 at 15:00.
asaqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 12:25   Link #102
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Doing Anzu's paperwork.
Age: 28
Reminds me of Hang Jebat from the Hikayat Hang Tuah (Tale of Hang Tuah), an old classic where I come from...

Hang Jebat's BFF Hang Tuah was the Admiral in charge of the Malacca Sultanate's Navy. Due to jealousy and the fact that a princess he was supposed to escort home for the Sultan fell in love with him instead, the Sultan had him executed and promoted Hang Jebat to replace him. Jebat then flipped out, and attempted a one-man coup, and then flipped out some more on hearing how everyone was calling him evil, and basically said this:

"Fuck this shit; if they're going to call me evil, I'll damn well be evil!"

He then proceeded to slaughter the entire domestic staff of the palace and the sultan's concubines.

So Calamity Raven's plans aren't too divorced from a Malaysian perspective, at least...
__________________
~Speaking my mind, even when it costs me~
One must forgive one's enemies, but not before they are hanged.Heinrich Heine.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 18:48   Link #103
itrytofight
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In Texas... again.
Got some new stuff for ya:

A translated version of the 3 min long trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ0pVtUfOCM

And some character information about Riela in the new blog as well as a cahracter info section in the valkyria3 site:
http://valkyria3.jp/

So apparently, Reila was in five other squads... each one wiped out with her the only survivor. This granted her the nickname "Death God" and thrown into a Penal Unit as a way to get rid of her.

Despite that, Leila has this to say about her (despite the above info coming from her blog):

Riera is a lovable, gentle girl!

それが全てだわ! That is all I have!

So yeah, next thursday will be Imca I guess.
itrytofight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 21:52   Link #104
Snowman24
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Canada
Spoiler for Pretty Officer:


Oh my!! ....who is she, the Calamity Raven officer in the Imperial uniform... She's SO Pretty!!! <3 < 3< 3< 3 <3
Snowman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 23:38   Link #105
itrytofight
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In Texas... again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman24 View Post
Spoiler for Pretty Officer:


Oh my!! ....who is she, the Calamity Raven officer in the Imperial uniform... She's SO Pretty!!! <3 < 3< 3< 3 <3
Please see this page right here, info on both the main characters and three of Calamity Raven's members (which inlcudes Lydia Agute, the half-darcsen looking officer you're looking at).

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201...nicles_3_cast/
itrytofight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 01:18   Link #106
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The girl's bathroom
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
I just watched the video itrytofight linked to and I must say I'm really excited about this one.

Looks like we'll get to play a bit more during the initial stages of the war when things are looking bad for Gallia.
__________________

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 11:59   Link #107
Firefly00
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by itrytofight View Post
So apparently, Reila was in five other squads... each one wiped out with her the only survivor. This granted her the nickname "Death God" and thrown into a Penal Unit as a way to get rid of her.
That, and it is, as noted, not impossible that some officials see transferring her there as a convenient means of killing off Penal Corps personnel...

Quote:
Please see this page right here...
Neat; thanks for the heads-up on that. Imuka's weapon really stretches the viewer's ability to suspend disbelief... it's not like she's rocking an exoskeleton to help with the weight, as GAC 'tanks' (concept art) do over in Dead to Rights: Retribution, and the other analogue which comes to mind - the M56 'smartgun' - is nowhere near as heavy or bulky.
__________________
White Knight of the Order of Mihoshi Enthusiasts
"Destroyed overnight, or the next one's free."
Arc Nova
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 07:54   Link #108
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The girl's bathroom
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
So 'Reila' is the Valkyria?

And Kurt is a Darcsen?

And I assume from the previous trailer the two end of getting a thing for each other - with sexual tension perhaps coming from Imuca...

Isn't this like the set up of some sort of sick Romeo & Juliet? Imagine what the people of Europa would say to a Darcsen courting a Valkyrur.
__________________

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 09:14   Link #109
KariOhki
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Kurt's not a Darcsen, he has a last name.
__________________
Sakurayasha: Zakuro, Twins, Kanade, MCdio, Shota, Tall Guy, Hanadolph, Dog Spirit, Elephant Spirit, Rabbit Spirit, Pumpkin Spirits, Triplet Spirits
Gay Robots: Fabulous, Girl, Rich Gay, Pinkhair, Greenslut, Bikerdood, Fishgirl, Class Prez
Typical Eroge Anime: MC, Azmaria, Aion, Goldy, Genkigirl, Ice Queen, Teagirl
Meidoshow: Maidklutz, Meirdio, Morooka, Seiba, Glassesmeido
KariOhki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 10:47   Link #110
DC20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
So did Isara and Cordelia.

I agree he's not Darcsen, but precedent has shown having a last name doesn't necessarily preclude a character from being Darcsen.
DC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 10:51   Link #111
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Kurt is not hated because he's a Darcsen. He's hated because he did something dishonorable when he was in the army which led him to be assigned to the Nameless.
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 16:02   Link #112
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The girl's bathroom
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Kurt is not hated because he's a Darcsen. He's hated because he did something dishonorable when he was in the army which led him to be assigned to the Nameless.
Hmm, I thought he was Darcsen.

Oh well.


But this whole Nameless affair does have a lot of similarities to what happened to the Darcsens.

These soldiers have lost their names due to the stigma of their past just like the Darcsens.
__________________

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 23:33   Link #113
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Spoiler for Last Scan of the site:
__________________
Old McDonald had a farm...Eyey Eyey O...And on his farm he had a Khzithak...Eyey Eyey O...With a ARHHFAHHAAAAAAAAARRRGIIIAAA HELP AAAUUU HELP! IT'S GNAWING OFF MY...
asaqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 11:07   Link #114
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
Neat; thanks for the heads-up on that. Imuka's weapon really stretches the viewer's ability to suspend disbelief... it's not like she's rocking an exoskeleton to help with the weight, as GAC 'tanks' (concept art) do over in Dead to Rights: Retribution, and the other analogue which comes to mind - the M56 'smartgun' - is nowhere near as heavy or bulky.
The only plausible explaination (to me, at least) is that Imuka herself is part Valkyria. Selvaria had no problems firing an MG-34 like an Uzi or a MAC-10, and as the series wears on, the chances of a Darcsen/Valkyria mix reaches 1.

EDIT: Either that, or she's directly related to Heavy Weapons Guy. That "gunblade" of hers probably weighs as much as, if not more than, Sasha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Kurt is not hated because he's a Darcsen. He's hated because he did something dishonorable when he was in the army which led him to be assigned to the Nameless.
This is starting to look more and more like Sega's take on the 222nd Army Battalion, "B" Company. At it needs now is some gold, and maybe a secret Merc army...
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 14:41   Link #115
Firefly00
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShocktrooper View Post
The only plausible explaination (to me, at least) is that Imuka herself is part Valkyria. Selvaria had no problems firing an MG-34 like an Uzi or a MAC-10, and as the series wears on, the chances of a Darcsen/Valkyria mix reaches 1.
Which would dovetail nicely with the occasionally-raised spectre of folks within Gallian military and government circles running their own little black programs... Imuka could be the result of such a program which went Badly Wrong, and she was tucked into the Penal Corps in the hope that she'd come home in a pine box. It's fortunate that any such that do exist (on either side) have so far not developed anything which could lead to a scenario like that which is the focus of this wiki.

Quote:
Either that, or she's directly related to Heavy Weapons Guy. That "gunblade" of hers probably weighs as much as, if not more than, Sasha.
Oooh, comedy fodder; hang on to this one.

"And I shall call him... Boris."

Quote:
This is starting to look more and more like Sega's take on the 222nd Army Battalion, "B" Company. At it needs now is some gold, and maybe a secret Merc army...
To which I say, 'let the games begin'...
__________________
White Knight of the Order of Mihoshi Enthusiasts
"Destroyed overnight, or the next one's free."
Arc Nova
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 21:22   Link #116
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
Which would dovetail nicely with the occasionally-raised spectre of folks within Gallian military and government circles running their own little black programs... Imuka could be the result of such a program which went Badly Wrong, and she was tucked into the Penal Corps in the hope that she'd come home in a pine box. It's fortunate that any such that do exist (on either side) have so far not developed anything which could lead to a scenario like that which is the focus of this wiki.
Not to sound condescending, but kind Gentlemanne, might I suggest that she's simply half-bred, no government involvement at all?

Quote:
Oooh, comedy fodder; hang on to this one.

"And I shall call him... Boris."
...hey, someone who gets the Japanese version, tell me if she says "CRY SOME MORE!" while attacking. This will seal the relation.

Quote:
To which I say, 'let the games begin'...
It's a Penal Unit. It's natural that western audiences (who have played a Bad Company game) would draw similarities.

Though a Mercenary Army side-story would, like with the Imuka-Heavy blood relation, seal the comparison.
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 22:06   Link #117
Firefly00
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShocktrooper View Post
Not to sound condescending, but kind Gentlemanne, might I suggest that she's simply half-bred, no government involvement at all?
Certainly you can. Indeed, it could turn out that the few albeit tantalizing hints that lead folks to suspect she might be the spawn of a certain black program are naught more than coincidence sprinkled with rumor. In such a case, it is not necessary for such a program to actually exist.

Isn't Messing with Readers' Heads fun?

Quote:
It's a Penal Unit. It's natural that western audiences (who have played a Bad Company game) would draw similarities.

Though a Mercenary Army side-story would, like with the Imuka-Heavy blood relation, seal the comparison.
Well, one could argue that Calamity Raven can be considered 'close enough'... especially if they've been doing mercenary work to garner operating capital.
__________________
White Knight of the Order of Mihoshi Enthusiasts
"Destroyed overnight, or the next one's free."
Arc Nova
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 11:18   Link #118
Father Hentai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Munich, Germany
Is VC 3 PSP exclusive?
__________________
Born the same day as Satoshi Urushihara... Ill fated?
Father Hentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 12:24   Link #119
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
Is VC 3 PSP exclusive?
Yup. Unless they're holding a port back or something.
__________________
Badass.
spawnofthejudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 21:38   Link #120
itrytofight
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In Texas... again.
Smile

Some news on VC3:

What looks to be VC3's cover art:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/i...deogames&img=0

Pre Order bonuses:
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201...les_3_bonuses/
itrytofight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.